2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How can you customize your cars' license plates?

MythAlex

1. Can it be done in-game? Or still only through the f*cking iFruit app from the smartphones?

2. What's the maximum character limit of a license plate? Can you put numbers too, besides letters? What about symbols?

3. Can you put ANY word(s) you want on the license plate? I hope it isn't restricted like the usernames from forums / game accounts o_O (= once activated, no one else can select that word) Well?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by MythAlex

1. Can it be done in-game? Or still only through the f*cking iFruit app from the smartphones?

2. What's the maximum character limit of a license plate? Can you put numbers too, besides letters? What about symbols?

3. Can you put ANY word(s) you want on the license plate? I hope it isn't restricted like the usernames from forums / game accounts o_O (= once activated, no one else can select that word) Well?

Thank you in advance.

1. iFruit app. It's available for Windows 8 too.

2. 8 characters, you can use numbers too. Not sure about symbols.

3. You can choose any word, but if I remember you can't use bad words, it seems it's verified in-game.

Edited by Lazerbox
  • Like 2

Thank you, mate.

I don't use Windows 8. (It sucks, in my opinion... its interface looks like it's no longer made for desktops, but for tablets with touchscreen... and I hate that) So my only choice is to buy an iPhone... f*ck Cockstar Games...

More answers are welcome. I wanna have 1 more answer from another user who also modified his license plate.

Ai®a©ob®a

Thank you, mate.

I don't use Windows 8. (It sucks, in my opinion... its interface looks like it's no longer made for desktops, but for tablets with touchscreen... and I hate that) So my only choice is to buy an iPhone... f*ck Cockstar Games...

More answers are welcome. I wanna have 1 more answer from another user who also modified his license plate.

Everything he says said is correct, If you don't want to download the app than you can ask a friend to make the plates for you.

Sugar Free Nos

Thank you, mate.

Just give your social club details to someone you trust, and have them do it for you, or better yet, check out this thread:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/762577-foxy-ifruitcustoms-service/

He can do all kinds of cool extra things, if you're in to that.

If you don't want them to have your password, have them log in, do it, then you log in and change it back. But still, only do it with someone you trust. Fox has done mine numerous times and is very reliable.

cixJdfg.png

What's this about any word? I thought the plate had to be unique and you only got one private plate per account

Rabid Vulpix

Since customized plates carried over from previous gen consoles, alot of names & words are already taken.

So you might have to get creative.

JSwartz0181

I haven't tried it yet since yesterday to see if it's updated, but BlueStacks is an Android emulator for PC, and is how I (and a few of my crew members) got a customized plate on my cars, despite not owning a smartphone.

Edited by JSwartz0181

Since customized plates carried over from previous gen consoles, alot of names & words are already taken.

What?! So if a name is already used, you cannot choose it? Is this true? This is bullsh*t.... Why would the license plates in a video game be unique / limited to one use per chosen name?!? f*cking COCKSTAR.........

The users above said I can put any words o_O I don't get it anymore... So is it limited to one use per chosen name OR NOT? I hope it's not.... It's just a video game... not real life :-\

JoeFury1997

What?! So if a name is already used, you cannot choose it? Is this true? This is bullsh*t.... Why would the license plates in a video game be unique / limited to one use per chosen name?!? f*cking COCKSTAR.........

The users above said I can put any words o_O I don't get it anymore... So is it limited to one use per chosen name OR NOT? I hope it's not.... It's just a video game... not real life :-\

It used to be like that but I heard that it doesn't matter what you put as long as it isn't vulgar; the new ifruit update did that but it doesn't work for me at the moment.

Rabid Vulpix

It used to be like that but I heard that it doesn't matter what you put as long as it isn't vulgar; the new ifruit update did that but it doesn't work for me at the moment.

Interesting, I thought it was still a unique plate to one person type of thing.

Interesting, I thought it was still a unique plate to one person type of thing.

Can any of you (with the iFruit app) verify this??? Please!

Android app updated again and it works.

100K each plate and you can put any name but reserved names (like "business") or bad words.

TeammateHelper

Question: once you've bought the plate, is it 100k EACH CAR? Or is it 100k initial payment?

Also, what if you applied a new plate on my car, and then applied a previous plate on another car? 100k again?

Question: once you've bought the plate, is it 100k EACH CAR? Or is it 100k initial payment?

Also, what if you applied a new plate on my car, and then applied a previous plate on another car? 100k again?

100K the first time, the rest for free.

New version of ifruit on the Vita has the 30 plate presets at 100k. iPad version still got nothing.

Edited by RAEME 83B

JSwartz0181

As a follow-up to my earlier post, I just checked, and after doing an update of iFruit manually (thru the shop), I was able to add a second plate thru BlueStacks on my PC.

Wait? So you can have multiple custom plates now? And you don't have to worry about another player having the same plate?

TeammateHelper

100K the first time, the rest for free.

Thanks.

Wait, seriously? Someone owns a Vita?

Wait? So you can have multiple custom plates now? And you don't have to worry about another player having the same plate?

BUMP - I have the same question as him. Someone please answer!!!

No once you've made the plate yoU cqn As put it on as many. Cars u want free

No once you've made the plate yoU cqn As put it on as many. Cars u want free

Excuse me?! o_O What English is that? I don't understand what you said.

Wotanskrieger

1. iFruit app. It's available for Windows 8 too.

THANKS!! I didn't knew it was available for W8.

I don't have an smartphone so you just solved a huge problem for me.

Licensed plates tend to disappear after updates so thanks again.

Agent Hydra

Can I do this on the computer

My iPhone 6 doesn't work

I have a nice new computer tho

what part of custom do you not understand? how is it custom if you would have the same one as mine? think next time kid im glad rockstar did it this way

Edited by htrgefdsa

Geez, just do the Charles trick and you can have as many custom plates, even Yankton plates.

100k for one new plate is a massive rip off.

Geez, just do the Charles trick and you can have as many custom plates, even Yankton plates.

100k for one new plate is a massive rip off.

Link to Charles trick?

Can anyone test the god damn iFruit app on their smartphones (or Windows 8) and answer me this: So you can have multiple custom plates now? And you don't have to worry about another player having the same plate?

Please, guys!!!

what part of custom do you not understand? how is it custom if you would have the same one as mine? think next time kid im glad rockstar did it this way

Why do you care? -_-

Custom means you can put any name you want, not that your chosen name is unique -_- And don't tell me: "kid" -_- You're glad that Cockstar "did it this way" - go shoot yourself.

Edited by MythAlex