2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Stop Asking for "Cops Off Mode"

2Chains4Bracelets

2Chains4Bracelets

Does no one seriously realize why this will never happen??

Cops balance the game. How? They make it so that assholes can't just easily bully other players nonstop.

They've been a key component to every GTA game ever made. Why? Because they're a key component to life.

-Cops are a vital mechanic to gameplay. They keep you on your feet in freeroam, and even if you don't like their aggressiveness or their accuracy, their effect is the same on all players, so stop complaining.

-Cops incur costs to players. They force you to adopt strange tactics that can result in you getting shot, your car getting blown up by other players etc etc. This results in forcible money spending that is a key mechanic of the game. If you are playing GTAO to just shoot shoot kill kill endlessly, then you're playing the wrong game, go play Call of Duty with the rest of your middle school friends.

Yes, I understand that cops can be annoying when you're not even trying to be hostile to other players and they just get on you and impede your reckless abandon.

That's my point.

There are cops in real life, and GTA is supposed to be a half-joking real-life simulator. There will never be a no cop mode because cops are essential to the function of GTAO staying competitive.

Just as you can no longer just gift money to other players because that would be game-breaking, you cannot just "turn off cops" so that you can ceaselessly do what you want in GTA. How hard is this to get?

Real life analogy: Just because you want to be a doctor, doesn't mean you can just complete high school and go start learning medicine. Why? Because there's a real-life barrier to that to keep morons out of the pool. Just as in GTA the cops represent a barrier to just doing whatever you want, no matter what- because that's simply not how real life works! In case you haven't noticed yet, real life takes skills and talent to succeed- video games require the same ideas to keep players interested and keep "being good at the game" something which must be earned/is an uncommon feature.

-Doing whatever you want with no skill required has never been part of GTA!

The whole idea of being good at a video game means that you have attained the skills to beat the systems implemented by the game to keep you from success!!!

I personally don't give a sh*t about cops! I can also kill any other players I need to, do any free roam activity I want, whatever. I incorporate them into my gameplay style because they are part of what makes the game competitive, and I still beat out competition with them around.

Without barriers, there is no goal to attain.

This is the same reason why Rollercoaster Tycoon makes you earn money to buy new sh*t, and after you have unlimited money there's no motivation to play the game anymore.

So get used to cops and stop complaining! They're not going away, and the sooner you all realize this, the better off we will all be by being freed from your moronic, half-thought-out arguments of "oh I don't like cops and they keep me from doing what I want all the time so they should be turn-offable"

That's my two pennies- have fun dumping moronicism at em, cause I'm totally ready for every idiot on this thread to get at me right now.

BTW probably won't reply to anything until tomorrow because I am a dental school student and don't usually have time for this nonsense (read as- this guy actually understands how to win at something that isn't just a video game and so might have some logic behind these words- though I know maybe 2% of you all will understand that).

• Like 7

You know...I don't even remember the last time someone asked for a no cop mode, or something similar.

AS MUCH AS I AGREE. I still think they need a private lobby sector for any freemode options.

• Like 2

CarimboHanky

mmm if there was a cop free mode, there would be not such thing as "bullying" other players because if youre there, in that mode is for one thing and one thing only...

for freeroam wars!

Tl;dr

No Cop Mode would be AWESOME!

Nooooow you can

/thread

mmm if there was a cop free mode, there would be not such thing as "bullying" other players because if youre there, in that mode is for one thing and one thing only...

for freeroam wars!

running with this idea, if they give you a no cops mode then they should turn off all the money making options in that lobby.

You know...I don't even remember the last time someone asked for a no cop mode, or something similar.

Last minutes ago, they don't spam threads but as reply.

Edited by CH14R1

CarimboHanky

for freeroam wars!

running with this idea, if they give you a no cops mode then they should turn off all the money making options in that lobby.

no doubt about that...

a cop free lobby would be nothing but a huge deathmatch.

stores cant be robbed.

armored trucks wont spawn.

death npc wont drop money.

no hpv.

no simeon cars

heck make lsc not accept cars off the street for sale.

Does no one seriously realize why this will never happen??

Cops balance the game. How? They make it so that assholes can't just easily bully other players nonstop.

Well, they fail at that.

-Cops are a vital mechanic to gameplay. They keep you on your feet in freeroam, and even if you don't like their aggressiveness or their accuracy, their effect is the same on all players, so stop complaining.

I don't see this as vital and I disagree with your point. Just because it happens to all players doesn't mean it's fair or fun(emphasis on the "fun" part)

-Cops incur costs to players. They force you to adopt strange tactics that can result in you getting shot, your car getting blown up by other players etc etc. This results in forcible money spending that is a key mechanic of the game

Again, I don't agree with your point. Can you explain why this is actually a good thing? Making me spend a little money does not make it more fun. And the overall effect of it(the cost, which is next to nothing - or the tactics, which hardly change or matter) is negligible.

Yes, I understand that cops can be annoying when you're not even trying to be hostile to other players and they just get on you and impede your reckless abandon.

That's my point.

There are cops in real life, and GTA is supposed to be a half-joking real-life simulator. There will never be a no cop mode because cops are essential to the function of GTAO staying competitive.

Cops keep players from being competitive. They interrupt an experience of competing players.

And before you tell us to go into a mission/match, I'll remind you that those modes have restrictions that free mode does not, and it's just not as fun.

The whole idea of being good at a video game means that you have attained the skills to beat the systems implemented by the game to keep you from success!!!

Skill doesn't matter. Cops are annoying(sometimes). People want FUN, period.

GTA4 had the option. And while this is not something I'm clamoring for, it's definitely something I'd enjoy to have as an option.

I don't think it will happen though, as GTA5 is so much more restrictive than GTA4 when it comes to actual options and game settings and I doubt it will change.

What I find moronic, is the fact that you are perfectly fine with us having restrictions on how we play the game. What kind of backwards ass thinking is that?

Edited by CReaper210
  • Like 4

Crimson Flam3s

Nope, cops off option should be there and have criminal activities that get people rp and money turned off.

No. what should happen is a set of options be given to you when creating a private session-

Cops: on/off

Peds: high/med/low/off

Traffic: high/med/low/off

Weather: normal (changes)/always sunny/always rainy/always stormy/always foggy

Cheats: on/off

Animals: high/med/low/off

of course public sessions would have default settings. and of course, contacts wouldn't call you and give you money making missions if you had anything other than default settings in private sessions.

this is not unreasonable at all, just that r* hates fun

TarnishedGamer

for freeroam wars!

no doubt about that...

stores cant be robbed.

no hpv.

no simeon cars

Already exists, there called missions but with npc dropping money.

Complete mission except last objective, mess around to your hearts content and complete mission with decent payout when your done.

NBAKingzFan10

What an arrogant f*ck. No one asked for your life story and why you think you're better than 98% of us. You have no time for this nonsense? Bullsh*t, I know an ultra-long post (comparatively speaking) that says otherwise. It's your OP.

Im glad I read from the bottom up because I saved myself several minutes of reading whatever egotistical, "I'm right and you're wrong", crap you've pulled out of your ass.

Edit: so I broke down and read segments quoted by other members and this is what I gathered:

Options = bad

Status quo = good

Wanting a game, you paid money for, to be improved = illogical

Edited by NBAKingzFan10

Shadowfennekin

I want one solely so I can kill an asshole without having to drive to Timbuktu and back just to get rid of those damn cops

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

meh, if there was ever a cops free lobby option i dont see how that woud be bad for anyone

that being said, i woud never enter it because of some of the reasons the op listed

CarimboHanky

for freeroam wars!

no doubt about that...

stores cant be robbed.

no hpv.

no simeon cars

Already exists, there called missions but with npc dropping money.

Complete mission except last objective, mess around to your hearts content and complete mission with decent payout when your done.

if freeroam warriors wanted to do missions, we would be doing missions...

thats not what we want to do.

That's why it should be an option. You can keep playing in normal lobbies, I'm sick of punching someone in the mountains and getting a star with the police climbing in their cars.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Sut mig.

Another thread bitching about other peiple bitching.

I want a free roam lobby with no sticky bombs, grenades, rpgs, or explosives of any kind. Pure gun battles.

Edited by Tom Cruise

Basically, if you want to fight against other players without having the cops on your tail. Open the creator, use ya brain, make a Deathmatch. Nuff said.

2Chains4Bracelets

Couldn't make it into medical school huh?

B7ELnNo.png

Ha3vPGx.png

zwvcwfV.png

MOHDYvh.png

nawh my grades weren't good enough

Edited by 2Chains4Bracelets

nawh my grades weren't good enough

Wow... so busy and no time for non-sense. Good to know you can make some space to brag about how superior you are. f*cking dick.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif