Jump to content
GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Heist failure stories


Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Recommended Posts

Aragorn71
On 4/14/2024 at 4:48 PM, The-Ghost said:

I wish I can remember the wording now but I saw a fail screen I have never seen in Prison Break just last week, it was something like "the time expired" or something like that, it didn't specify which team messed up but I figured since the prison team was already fighting the Noose with no plane or Lazers in sight that it was the pilot who didn't make it in time.

 

Prison Break is ridiculous because it is the most common heist yet the one randoms will most likely fail.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

And one where Merryweather took a liking to red/pink paintjobs for some odd reason :lmaokek:

 

Maybe pilot let the time down to 2:30, then took more than that to arrive?  Overestimating their own skill level ..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Airwolf359
21 hours ago, ajalkane said:

Cayo prep. The NPCs made a worshipping shrine around me, so I can't move away. The end, for me.

spacer.png

Is it possible to use throwables inside that penthouse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ajalkane
1 hour ago, Airwolf359 said:

Is it possible to use throwables inside that penthouse?

 

Yeah, I think that's how I got out of that "you're our new messiah!" situation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The-Ghost
On 4/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, ajalkane said:

Cayo prep. The NPCs made a worshipping shrine around me, so I can't move away. The end, for me.

spacer.png

During that setup, I pressed to collect whatever you get from the body and it glitched me out of bounds.

 

I usually don't consider these "fails" as much as the other ones where you must get to a new lobby to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aragorn71

Joing a Cayo yesterday.  Three of us. kosatka entry, fine.  

 

Out and swimming....Pavel says something about Madrazo files, so we're obviously in someone's first run.  But where is the yellow drainage tunnel marker?  Wait. They haven't scoped the drainage tunnel, so the other two are swimming round to go through the main entrance.  In scuba gear 

 

Fair enough this will interesting.  So I surface.  It's night.

 

I was on the beach when they were killed by the first guard they met.

 

No way was I restarting that.

 

Later, tried to run my own set up.  There was enough gold for all three others, so I told them to "just get gold" - got entirely valid " yes. I knowww" messages back.

 

So I leave them to do that, and after a couple of stealth failures, I get to the office - to find someone cutting out a painting.  Messaged them "that's not gold" but they were already hacking the lift to go for the primary.  

 

Ended up running it as a pair with one guy that stuck with me through about 4 different teams, he made a million for his patience

 

  • KEKW 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ajalkane

Maybe the above is why I almost never do Cayo runs with randumbs, only with friends or solo 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aragorn71
5 hours ago, ajalkane said:

Maybe the above is why I almost never do Cayo runs with randumbs, only with friends or solo 😅

I will have to have another go at some point, for the teamwork award.  But that will be my only 4-person run as host

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The-Ghost
7 hours ago, ajalkane said:

Maybe the above is why I almost never do Cayo runs with randumbs, only with friends or solo 😅

I've had a rule to never do any heists with randoms, but like I mentioned in a previous comment, I am now taking some fun in seeing how they're going to fail it.

 

On 4/20/2024 at 10:44 AM, Aragorn71 said:

Maybe pilot let the time down to 2:30, then took more than that to arrive?  Overestimating their own skill level ..

Oh yeah that's most definitely what happened, he didn't die or anything, the plane was also fine, I assume he just never made it to the desert, and it was also the second try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Grunt 281
On 4/14/2024 at 5:48 PM, The-Ghost said:

I wish I can remember the wording now but I saw a fail screen I have never seen in Prison Break just last week, it was something like "the time expired" or something like that, it didn't specify which team messed up but I figured since the prison team was already fighting the Noose with no plane or Lazers in sight that it was the pilot who didn't make it in time.

 

Prison Break is ridiculous because it is the most common heist yet the one randoms will most likely fail.

Need at least 2 good players to carry unless there is a bad Demolitions, then it's 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The-Ghost
6 hours ago, The Grunt 281 said:

Need at least 2 good players to carry unless there is a bad Demolitions, then it's 3.

I went on call for it yesterday, when I clicked "ready", I was demolition, but I guess the host changed it last second, which is... yeah whatever, then during the heist, I took my plane and flew behind the Lazer as usual (the jet did fly out of the map but it wasn't really a problem, I was just wasting time and checking on the prison team every now and then), the demolition flew all the way to Paleto Bay (where I was messing with the jet), I am pretty sure it was 10-15 minutes of me flying before I decided to just abandon the Lazer that I was following and go back to the Prison, I checked and from the looks of it, they weren't even halfway through the place, then a moment later, one of them died.

 

I didn't even click to restart, I left.

 

The Pilot role is the most boring, the Demolition can be really effective assisting the prison team if the pilot knows what to do, but sadly, most don't even know you can help the ground team.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The-Ghost

I still can't understand why people don't use the buffed armor during some of these setups.

 

I accept it when it's new players because they might not know, but if you are a higher level, you should know this by now.

 

Thinking about it though, does the game actually mention anything about that armor being more resistant at all? I don't remember if it does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Airwolf359
5 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

I still can't understand why people don't use the buffed armor during some of these setups.

 

I accept it when it's new players because they might not know, but if you are a higher level, you should know this by now.

 

Thinking about it though, does the game actually mention anything about that armor being more resistant at all? I don't remember if it does.

No, it isn't really obvious, not even to high levels. I was lucky enough to have an experienced player explain it to me when I was new.

The first time the game will mention the armor being resistant, is when it is finally included in the selection during Humane Raid: EMP, Valkyrie, and the finale. After that, we don't see it again.

And even then, it is easy to miss, because it is not the default outfit in any of those missions, at least for the host.

 

At this point, the use of the heavy vest, and switching to player saved outfits are pretty much forgotten ancient knowledge.

It started declining with the release of Doomsday Heist, when people stopped grinding the apartment heists.

Nowadays, there are not enough old players on the apartment heists to keep all the old knowledge alive.

Edited by Airwolf359
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The-Ghost
2 hours ago, Airwolf359 said:

No, it isn't really obvious, not even to high levels. I was lucky enough to have an experienced player explain it to me when I was new.

The first time the game will mention the armor being resistant, is when it is finally included in the selection during Humane Raid: EMP, Valkyrie, and the finale. After that, we don't see it again.

And even then, it is easy to miss, because it is not the default outfit in any of those missions, at least for the host.

 

At this point, the use of the heavy vest, and switching to player saved outfits are pretty much forgotten ancient knowledge.

It started declining with the release of Doomsday Heist, when people stopped grinding the apartment heists.

Nowadays, there are not enough old players on the apartment heists to keep all the old knowledge alive.

Yeah I think you are spot on here, funny enough for so long I've been so blinded by my anger and rage against randoms messing up heists I never even stopped to think about this, because in my head I figured it's been so long, things like this should be ancient knowledge like you said, but the only reason why we had that knowledge was because those original heists were the only gamemodes of that sort back then, now players find other things, and those heist in themselves aren't that attractive to the casual player, even if I really like them myself.

 

 

--

On topic though, I sound like I am having a laugh here, but a few days ago, I joined a random Prison Break (because of course), it was the Plane setup, I got in my Kuruma and honked the horn at the other randoms to get in, they didn't, so we failed the first try.


Second try we got through the shootout, the Pilot for some reason wasn't patient enough for me to clear the runway out of the vehicles, so he hit me, but the plane survived, I then took my Kuruma and headed to Sandy Shores as I usually do, but this time, I figured "ya know what? lemme actually make my way to the city". On my way, I saw that I was gaining on the aircraft, so I kept my foot on the gas.

 

oSqbGgq.jpeg

 

I got to the city, and with a quick look at the Velum I see it had its landing gear on, so I knew I could beat it, which I did... I got to the hangar, then watched as the pilot crashed it.

 

1YNCPPW.jpeg

 

whADTkA.jpeg

 

I left after this.

Edited by The-Ghost
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ajalkane
On 4/29/2024 at 2:14 PM, The-Ghost said:

I still can't understand why people don't use the buffed armor during some of these setups.

 

Because you run and swim slower with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The-Ghost
12 minutes ago, ajalkane said:

 

Because you run and swim slower with it.

Mehh, you die quicker too, and to stupid things too like rapid fire bug.

 

You avoid any time you take in cover with that thing, you finish stuff a lot quickly when you have the extra health.

 

It all evens out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ajalkane
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The-Ghost said:

Mehh, you die quicker too, and to stupid things too like rapid fire bug.

 

You avoid any time you take in cover with that thing, you finish stuff a lot quickly when you have the extra health.

 

It all evens out.

 

I dunno man. If we're talking about Humane Raid finale, I just run through the corridors and shoot whoever comes without much stopping. And then that long ass swimming tunnel. I'm quite sure I'm faster without that armor than with it.

 

But everyone plays differently. So I only told what might be some people's rationale not choosing the armor.

 

That said, I definitely agree when most people don't choose it is because they just don't know that you take less damage with it.

 

Edited by ajalkane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The-Ghost
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ajalkane said:

 

I dunno man. If we're talking about Humane Raid finale, I just run through the corridors and shoot whoever comes without much stopping. And then that long ass swimming tunnel. I'm quite sure I'm faster without that armor than with it.

 

But everyone plays differently. So I only told what might be some people's rationale not choosing the armor.

 

That said, I definitely agree when most people don't choose it is because they just don't know that you take less damage with it.

 

Yeah but that's like the only setup that is linear enough for that kinda play style in a lot that are more open, and even in that one I use the Heavy Armor, I don't have to worry about being rapidly shot by NPCs and other stuff.

 

I think it's just people not being informed, that's why they don't use it.

 

My thoughts for this are: if I joined a lobby and the host is relatively high level, and its set to easy, it more than likely means this host exhausted it with randoms before and now just wants to get through it, in this scenario, it's perfect to have the heavy armor on too, and if it's not, the host probably doesn't know about it.

 

Edited by The-Ghost
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aragorn71

Joined a random CP.  There was hardly any gold, host was the lowest rank at 76, so I'm thinking I'll hang back and see what everyone else does.  Three people wandering around the compound seem to be taking out guards more than competently, so I wait by a two man door for the keys to be found - I'm just there as a baggage handler anyway, plus I'm getting 15% of what is clearly going to be a low number.  Next thing I know, the alarm goes off, so I eat a grenade.  15 seconds later three of us are spectating as the host tries to get the fingerprint hack going.  

 

5 minutes later, we're still watching, they're still stood there trying to figure out the cloning tool.  They did stop and try shooting it briefly (and I was certainly sharing that frustration), before going back in to try again.  I've messaged to suggest suicide and a restart, but no response.

 

Heist failed because "CEO quit". 

 

Maybe I should have been clearer that I only meant in-game suicide...

  • KEKW 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
When_Is_GTA7_Out?

This morning, casino heist, artwork, big con. Me (967) and 3 ranDUMBS ranked 231, 378 and 23. I thought "why not"

 

Surprisingly it all went well with no loss, 3 of us got to the chopper and got to drop off no problem, rank 23 goes at it alone but fair play holds his own but is miles away.

 

No problem, he wanted to do his thing and held his own during the heist and following us on way out apart from going to the chopper.

 

ranDUMB 1 decides he has no patience and blows things up at drop off killing 2 of us. 

 

Restart...... I quit but message rank 23 saying I am happy for him to join my waiting heist but to just follow me and friends. He does well even on aggressive and gets a 25% payout because I felt sorry for him

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aragorn71

A triumph of ambition over reality

 

I wanted to get the Teamwork award for CP, so having scoped out all 24 secondaries, done all three disruptions, and poisoned the water, I thought I'd have a decent chance.  Because the really easy guard uniform at the airstrip was available, I decided to go with a Velum to keep everyone together - I thought they'd all scatter around collecting the well marked secondaries while I did the compound.

 

First team managed to break stealth at the airstrip.  How that's possible when half of us were dressed as smugglers, the other half as guards, and nobody had any weapons yet, will remain a mystery. What made it even more facepalm was one member of the team didn't then EWO, deciding that taking on the entire island alone was the best way forward.  One of the other three understandably doesn't want to spectate that and leaves, meaning my primary target (the award) is now not available, so I vote continue.  

 

And get outvoted.  So I message them that they are wasting their time rerunning, drop a molotov at spawn in....and get to spectate again as one tries to swim around the island.

 

 

  • KEKW 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Airwolf359
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Aragorn71 said:

A triumph of ambition over reality

 

I wanted to get the Teamwork award for CP, so having scoped out all 24 secondaries, done all three disruptions, and poisoned the water, I thought I'd have a decent chance.  Because the really easy guard uniform at the airstrip was available, I decided to go with a Velum to keep everyone together - I thought they'd all scatter around collecting the well marked secondaries while I did the compound.

 

First team managed to break stealth at the airstrip.  How that's possible when half of us were dressed as smugglers, the other half as guards, and nobody had any weapons yet, will remain a mystery. What made it even more facepalm was one member of the team didn't then EWO, deciding that taking on the entire island alone was the best way forward.  One of the other three understandably doesn't want to spectate that and leaves, meaning my primary target (the award) is now not available, so I vote continue.  

 

And get outvoted.  So I message them that they are wasting their time rerunning, drop a molotov at spawn in....and get to spectate again as one tries to swim around the island.

 

 

Do not vote Continue, press Escape and confirm to quit instead.

In my experience, most randoms only care about finishing the mission and getting their payday. They don't care about stealth, and they don't care about their bags getting shot up either.

If you just want the Teamwork award, bite the bullet and just pick the loud approach. Maybe even start at the drainage tunnel if there is decent loot inside the compound.

Edited by Airwolf359
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aragorn71
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Airwolf359 said:

Do not vote Continue, press Escape and confirm to quit instead.

In my experience, most randoms only care about finishing the mission and getting their payday. They don't care about stealth, and they don't care about their bags getting shot up either.

If you just want the Teamwork award, bite the bullet and just pick the loud approach. Maybe even start at the drainage tunnel if there is decent loot inside the compound.

I did quit on one lot, but then got the bad sport warning so didn't do it again.  I suspect *some* of the randoms were first timers, given the degree to which they ran around like over-sugared pre-teens.

 

Thanks for the drainage suggestion - that is what I did subsequently - switched to a longfin, ushered them in the tunnel, and then went and stood by the underground gate while they got on with it.  Stealth went fairly quick, but there were def some decent players, as I watched the minimap, occasionally shooting guards that came to me after moving to the gate.  They got all the secondaries in the compound, then we left over the cliff and everyone got $370k for 16 minutes work.  Happy ending.

 

 

Edited by Aragorn71
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.