2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Heist failure stories

Rashkovskys Shiv
On 5/1/2019 at 5:43 AM, AirWolf359 said:

Having a heist finale like the prison break set on Normal could be considered a failure in itself, host should always go for that 25% extra at the end since he got nothing from the setups but did invest a lot of time in them. Sure, failing a mission because someone dies once is annoying. However, if someone is going to die once in a heist, what's to stop him from dying twice and still failing? Or what if one of the pilots fails and crashes the plane/buzzard? Setting prison break's difficulty on easy does not make it easier to fly, it just gives the ground team 2 lives and that's it.

Yesterday I joined someone (high level, didn't look like a n00b) who insisted on delivering the EMP on easy difficulty and still managed to fail it repeatedly.

Can anyone confirm that the AI behaves the same at all difficulties? I'm still not sure.

Difficulty of all heists/missions in Gta doesn't change the behavior of the AI,number of waves or their strength. 

All you get is extra lives. 

On Hard difficulty you get no extra lives. 

You would think a high level of all players would know that. 

Deliver EMP is ridiculously easy and should always be played on Hard,to max the payout at $25k.

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TCA said:

😮 these stories. I’m feel you guys on it though. I don’t even understand why low ranks even bother when they know they’re not ready at all.

Low ranks don't usually know that they are not ready. I have been low rank, I remember thinking I could take over the world and dying like a n00b.

Sure, it's a great idea to give the pilot role to the level 8000, who owns all the fancy guns, and has zero flying skill, while the level 5 can be prison guard... 😐

I see more failures in prison break finale than in whole Series A combined. Rockstar should have changed the order.

2 hours ago, Rashkovskys Shiv said:

Difficulty of all heists/missions in Gta doesn't change the behavior of the AI,number of waves or their strength. 

Deliver EMP is ridiculously easy and should always be played on Hard,to max the payout at $25k.

Thanks, I thought so too. I have never noticed increased number of enemies at higher difficulty or increased health/damage output on the AI's part either. Headshots and explosions are one hit kill anyway, I don't like to waste bullets, if I miss a headshot, I just wait for another shot at it.

Edited by AirWolf359

Carlin_Stanhope

Get online, join heist on call.

It's a pac standard finale with the host(840) and a 23 and a 16(immediately thinking guys trying to hook them up with some quick cash) but willing to roll except first sign of something wrong,(host doesn't set outfits to playersaved). I immediately ready up at the percentages screen( 15% fine) but host sets the cuts being 10% for himself and dibs up the rest to the low guys(makes sense). Mission starts I send a game text to all 3 saying I'll make the run to the bikes after the cutscene just stay by the bank. Then another text saying just everyone just come in and go out. Get through to the easy getting the cash part of the mission. Host and one of the lows starts grabbing the $. I'm like..wtf? Why? Just increases the odds of losing $. Anyway we get to the cutscene of our heroic exit. Kill all the cops out front, and start making the run down the alley and do a little taparoo down d pad to check on the crew and see a swarm of blueberry tarts following me. I immediately stop and start pointing back towards the bank. They run past me, try advance and the 23 dies

Attempt 2: I send them texts saying you don't need to run just give me 1-2 mins. Come out kill the cops and start running, and the braveharts come running again. (Now I'm pissed). I get to the bikes, blow them up, but one didn't explode before the 16 wanted his tug speedman tropic thunder honorable fail. 

Attempt 3: no immediate text coming from me. I come out, kill the cops again and run halfway to the Alley when the blueberries approach, send all 3 a game text"monkeys out of the bottle bro" switch to minigun, and begin ripping into the money bags. When they started seeing their cash drop stock market fast, one got pissed and left. I know it seems dickish, but I honestly had every intention to help, but damn it if I didn't laugh all the way up into the clouds...

IceDree
16 hours ago, TCA said:

😮 these stories. I’m feel you guys on it though. I don’t even understand why low ranks even bother when they know they’re not ready at all.

Ego and know it all though guy act are a bad combination.

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Carlin_Stanhope said:

Attempt 3: no immediate text coming from me. I come out, kill the cops again and run halfway to the Alley when the blueberries approach, send all 3 a game text"monkeys out of the bottle bro" switch to minigun, and begin ripping into the money bags. When they started seeing their cash drop stock market fast, one got pissed and left. I know it seems dickish, but I honestly had every intention to help, but damn it if I didn't laugh all the way up into the clouds...

lol, I didn't know you could shoot up your own money bags in that heist. I'll remember that for the next time.

7 hours ago, Carlin_Stanhope said:

Get online, join heist on call.

It's a pac standard finale with the host(840) and a 23 and a 16(immediately thinking guys trying to hook them up with some quick cash) but willing to roll except first sign of something wrong,(host doesn't set outfits to playersaved). I immediately ready up at the percentages screen( 15% fine) but host sets the cuts being 10% for himself and dibs up the rest to the low guys(makes sense).

If they can't even set player saved outfits, it's not worth your time. Sure, I'll ask first, but if they start without, I leave right after the cutscene. Sorry, but I'm not sorry.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the host had a modded level, even though it's hard to tell these days when people reach 1300 legit already.

Edited by AirWolf359

Carlin_Stanhope
1 hour ago, AirWolf359 said:

lol, I didn't know you could shoot up your own money bags in that heist. I'll remember that for the next time.

If they can't even set player saved outfits, it's not worth your time. Sure, I'll ask first, but if they start without, I leave right after the cutscene. Sorry, but I'm not sorry.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the host had a modded level, even though it's hard to tell these days when people reach 1300 legit already.

Yeah  should've backed out before when I saw outfits was set to leaders choice. Host was in the 800s but went to hell when I saw him and the other guy down there grabbing the cash together. Was expecting the host to let the low guy grab the cash. Back in the day.. use  to minigun the hell out of the $ holders bags when I would join people  on call and if someone would try to shaft me with 0%. 

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Carlin_Stanhope said:

Yeah  should've backed out before when I saw outfits was set to leaders choice. Host was in the 800s but went to hell when I saw him and the other guy down there grabbing the cash together. Was expecting the host to let the low guy grab the cash. Back in the day.. use  to minigun the hell out of the $ holders bags when I would join people  on call and if someone would try to shaft me with 0%. 

You didn't mention this in your previous post but people who put it on Leader Choice are the worst. (except if they give you Heavy Combat in Humane Labs Raid: EMP, Valkyrie and finale, then they are the best)

Sometimes they just don't get it, like, they speak perfect english, but don't install their game in english, and "player saved outfits" gets lost in translation.

Or sometimes they want to play dress up with your character, no thanks.

Edited by AirWolf359

Carlin_Stanhope

But in all honesty could care less what clothes I'm wearing during the heist(usually go just in swim trunks and a middle finger bag mask). Just was hoping they would chill by the bank so I could get them to the next part of the heist. And seeing the 840 disregard and all of them come running was just like f*ck it.

Agent 14
Posted (edited)

Another heist failure albeit funny was when doing the hydra mission during holidays i can't tell you the amount of time myself included failed that mission crashing into the water because we couldn't see a goddamned thing due the snow blocking our vision Lol that was an actual challenge to get by tho.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:14 PM, Rashkovskys Shiv said:

Yeah it's easy but it needs to be done with friends in order for it to not end up being a drag due to random screwing up. 

As far as low rank goes I've come across two type of low rank player.

1. The ones that plays smart taking cover and stay next to the high ranks to take advantage of the situation so they don't die.

2. The ones that think they sh*t don't stink and attempt to play rambo style only to die. And never seems to learn from their mistakes because they'd go rambo just to die again.

I have short patience go by a 3 strike rules with random by the 3 screw up I just leave.

Edited by Agent 14

Chamberpotcleanerman20
Posted (edited)

This isn't a heist, but it's a  heist set up. It was the Van Decoy setup in the Pacific standard  called "Hack" and let me tell you people make this setup harder than it has to be. The stupidest playthrough I seen was this: I decided to start up a new Pacific Standard Heist because I only had less than 3 mill. All my friends and clan members were busy with other things so I decided to get a semi experienced group I didn't know and have them in a party chat. It took up to 20 minutes to get a group of decently skilled people who would actually join the party to listen but I did. I got a rank 65, 110 and a 200 something. I was about a 205 rank so I figured this could all work out. We all spawn started making our way towards Lester's Factory to collect the van. As we're going there, there's one clown intentionally spinning people out. I'm like dude this isn't a race, it's collaborative mission. He ignores what I said and keeps driving like an asshole. When we arrived I decided I didn't want to drive so I went in the rear of the van. So a player entered the driver's seat. That same kid who was driving recklessly pulls him out because he felt the player cut him off to the wheel. Then these two kids start arguing while pulling each other out. Me and this other guy was trying to convince them it doesn't matter who drives. Eventually he got angry and blows the van up, we failed the mission and he quits. We didn't even get to the shootout. It's unbelievable how retarded GTAO players can be! You seriously ruined a perfect heist series we could've easily completed, because you couldn't have things your way? This game is filled with entitled children 

Edited by Chamberpotcleanerman20

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)

Humane Labs raid - Deliver EMP. My favourite mission. (because it generates the best failure stories)

Level 20 host takes the Insurgent and does a Leeroy Jenkins with it -despite us all yelling at him to stop- twice. Then someone rage quit.

Edited by AirWolf359

RXRNathan
Posted (edited)

The Doomsday Heist

Act III: The Doomsday Scenario

HighFiveOnLive commited suicide (like five times)

I died once to the juggernauts since i couldn't run far for cover trying to long range snipe them.

this is why i dislike rambos with missiles that take them to hard use.

plus on one time we failed after the rocket missile rambo suicide bomber dude i had like 68 kills compared to the others who had like 40, 20, and one somewhere beneath 10 kills i think, i was the low level in the heist altogether (Level 84)

Edited by RXRNathan

Rykjeklut

Just started playing again after a looong absence, and after getting accustomed to the controls and such, I accepted a invite to that Heist Setup where you steal the Hydra.

Now, all the other guys were below level 50, but I figured that this long after GTAs release, they were probably second accounts.

Oh boy was i wrong.

The Hydra crashed 2 times before even getting of the ship. Once it got shot down because he took of on his self. One time it got kamikazed in to the ground at the airport.

And that was only the times we could actually get to the planes.

After the first two failures I just said "f*ck it", and decided to stick around.

But hey, they got there in the end. Needless to say, I didn't accept the next invite.

Kiethblacklion

When my crew and I first did the Pac Standard heist, we kept failing at the motorcycle section. At first we couldn't get out of downtown. Then we've make it to Mount Chiliad and die. Then we'd die jumping down into the gorge. Finally, we said "screw it" and rather than try to do it the way Rockstar wanted us, we would start on the motorcycles, then steal a 4 door vehicle once we got down to the main streets and just drove to the dingy in the gorge.

One of my favorite close calls was when we were doing the prison break. I was flying the Buzzard and my buddy was flying the plane. We got to the point where he had to pick up the rest of our crew and he goes to land and I noticed sparks and asked if he had put the landing gear down. He realized he hadn't and pulled up, taking off again before permanent damage was done to the plane. So he circles around and lands while I'm keeping the cops off the ground crew. He picks up the crew they take off and we complete the mission. I was laughing for a good 10 minutes after that.

Shiloh Comes

Prison Break with very low level randumbs,

I took demo and told the pilot to just follow the jets so they couldn't get a lock on him, which he did fine.

Prison guys kept dying but that happens until they work out the exit route, so patience prevailed and eventually they got out after a few tries.

I went to work on the cops and they got away. Pilot took them up to the checkpoint, and after about 5 minutes of trying to find it, I took the Buzzard there to show him.

They all bailed out and 'chuted down to the beach as I descended to land. Just before I hit the sand, 2 of them landed straight into the blades.

Speechless.

Shiloh Comes
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, AirWolf359 said:

I'm willing to give anyone other than 8000 a chance at being legit. They are the only mod accounts I've seen in quite a while on xb1. I always report them, mostly because it's so obvious, their stupidity in trying to get away with it offends my muppet detectors.

As I've posted on another thread, psyantica and her pals have got to be over 2000 by now and I did Motor Wars with a 1304 and a 1426 a few weeks back. There's a fair few in the 1000s, 1100s and a few 1200s knocking about too. Not least the forums very own Jenkiiiii (forgive me if the number of 'i's is wrong).who is upper 1200s.

Edited by Shiloh Comes

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)

This is more a b*tch and moan than a heist failure story, but do hosts really expect randoms to put in their best work when they get 10% each and the host takes 70% for himself? (or splits it with one friend) He has probably done the setups with the same crew and then dumped them so he could do the finale with cheap randoms for 10%, arguing they weren't there for the setups.

Just had one of them jokers put me and another random at 10% so he could give his low level friend more, demanded we ready up immediately, then sets us at 5% because we didn't ready up fast enough. He also put his n00b friend as pilot and me (highest level present) as gunner (Humane finale) Just before I could ask him what the **** he was doing, the other random quit already.

I'm not greedy, I have plenty of money, and I'll be happy to take 5% if everyone else can have 20. This kind of hosts just ruin it for themselves.

Edited by AirWolf359

Nerfgoth
51 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

This is more a b*tch and moan than a heist failure story, but do hosts really expect randoms to put in their best work when they get 10% each and the host takes 70% for himself? (or splits it with one friend) He has probably done the setups with the same crew and then dumped them so he could do the finale with cheap randoms for 10%, arguing they weren't there for the setups.

Just had one of them jokers put me and another random at 10% so he could give his low level friend more, demanded we ready up immediately, then sets us at 5% because we didn't ready up fast enough. He also put his n00b friend as pilot and me (highest level present) as gunner (Humane finale) Just before I could ask him what the **** he was doing, the other random quit already.

I'm not greedy, I have plenty of money, and I'll be happy to take 5% if everyone else can have 20. This kind of hosts just ruin it for themselves.

You get what you pay for, just in SP!!! I can do a hesit final for <10% but don´t expect me to put much effort in it....

RXRNathan

The Doomsday Heist: Dead Coroner.

My Role: Savage Recovery Team.

Idiot level 40 teammate calls dibs flying, idiot decides to just hover above the coroners office, in the end, i just decide to jump so i can deal with enemies, tried to engage parachute (You commited suicide) thanks to him flying too low for me to engage parachute. One of the coroner teams then died.

Second try.

Level 40 dies trying to get to Savage. He gets in pilot seat, i hold Y and throw him out, then he throws me out.

I jumped from Savage again, although trying to deal with police.

Near delivery point, i think a 15 feet fall shouldn't do much harm (Presses Y), nope GTA just thinks i'm parachuting, splat (You committed suicide, setup failed) right at the very end.

Xbox button > YouTube.

Pedinhuh
On 5/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, Nerfgoth said:

You get what you pay for, just in SP!!! I can do a hesit final for <10% but don´t expect me to put much effort in it....

Rickie, Karin Denz(if you stick with them since the vangélico heist) and Taliana does a fairly good job in the last two heists for a low, low share of 4%, 7% and 4%...

ten-a-penny

Heist: Humane Raid.

Setup: Steal The EMP.

The Setup actually went near-flawlessly, I got the Hydra with my other 2 friends getting into the other Lazers. Enemy Lazers showed up after takeoff, the usual. Defeated the 1st wave, come the second. Apparently myself and Friend #2 got too carried out and..... crashed into each other. Somehow. Like, I was busy chasing this mosquito *ahem* Lazer, and apparently he was targeting it too, and we were too busy smashing L/R1 and the L-Stick to pay attention to the map, so we ended up hugging each other. Boom.

MISSION FAILED: THE HYDRA GOT DESTROYED.

RXRNathan

The Doomsday Heist: Dead Coroner.

My Role: Coroner Team.

Not much of a failure, but we restarted after recovery team died.

Enters coroners office

Runs around corner.

Accidentally nudges doctor, thinks he's been assaulted.

FIB: Deadly force authorized.

Nevertheless, i later died in the stairwell thanks to over-reactive AI.

Xbox Home > YouTube.

Carlin_Stanhope
On 5/4/2019 at 12:43 AM, Chamberpotcleanerman20 said:

This isn't a heist, but it's a  heist set up. It was the Van Decoy setup in the Pacific standard  called "Hack" and let me tell you people make this setup harder than it has to be. The stupidest playthrough I seen was this: I decided to start up a new Pacific Standard Heist because I only had less than 3 mill. All my friends and clan members were busy with other things so I decided to get a semi experienced group I didn't know and have them in a party chat. It took up to 20 minutes to get a group of decently skilled people who would actually join the party to listen but I did. I got a rank 65, 110 and a 200 something. I was about a 205 rank so I figured this could all work out. We all spawn started making our way towards Lester's Factory to collect the van. As we're going there, there's one clown intentionally spinning people out. I'm like dude this isn't a race, it's collaborative mission. He ignores what I said and keeps driving like an asshole. When we arrived I decided I didn't want to drive so I went in the rear of the van. So a player entered the driver's seat. That same kid who was driving recklessly pulls him out because he felt the player cut him off to the wheel. Then these two kids start arguing while pulling each other out. Me and this other guy was trying to convince them it doesn't matter who drives. Eventually he got angry and blows the van up, we failed the mission and he quits. We didn't even get to the shootout. It's unbelievable how retarded GTAO players can be! You seriously ruined a perfect heist series we could've easily completed, because you couldn't have things your way? This game is filled with entitled children 

If you ever want some help I'm on PS4. Would be glad to help you out.

RXRNathan

The Doomsday Scenario

Me: Survives multiple near-death experiences, we make it to the part where you need to hack servers to abort the missile launch.

then this popped up 

MISSION OVER: Your CEO Quit

Heist Failed.

Also: Some idiot on the Dead Coroner mission decided to abandon me on the final leg of the mission (I was Ambulance team trying to fight off police) so he could help the one guy helping to get the Savage.

Savage dude died around 2-3 times and coroner teammate decided to do a little heel turn on me and abandon me, i still survived but barely, ended up quitting the organization i was in post-setup and blasted the two to death.

RXRNathan

This happened a couple of days ago, although i've only just decided to post it now.

The Humane Labs Raid: Insurgenets.

Sat in a lobby for around 30 minutes waiting for people to at least join and stay. Ended up being a setup with three different people in the rank 50 range.

First try, was going normal until the driver of the non-turreted Insurgent was killed by Merryweather. I was manning the machine gun, but our driver just kept going until he turned around to check on the lone driver of the non-turret Insurgent (For some reason we had three in our truck, and the other one drove the Insurgent without a gun)

After the other Insurgent was recovered, we continued, but the driver was going way too fast for me to shoot at multiple Merryweather Mesas, i held on, but our driver from earlier died again. Setup failed.

Next try, the driver of our Insurgent (Think it was same driver) decided to drive recklessly (going offroad and all sorts and crashing into things) nearly taking me out of the turret multiple times. We did make it though, but i think i'm just gonna refrain from level 50's being in my lobby, as they put me on edge.

Galavan

Was doing some doomsday heists yesterday, went to rescue ULP in act 2. was stuck with the 3 worst players I have ever seen in my life.. After about 5 restarts I just quit and gave up. It wasnt even on hard difficulty!

RXRNathan
Posted (edited)

Humane Labs Raid: EMP

First try!

Hydra gets destroyed

Second Try!

Hydra gets destroyed

Third Try! 

Out of bounds

Fourth Try: Getting it right

Level 50'ish manages to crash his Lazer, not long after just right as the pilot of the Hydra was navigating it into the hangar, idiot low-level random crashed his as well, i quit after that.

Edited by RXRNathan

RXRNathan

Me and a French dude that added me during Doomsday Scenario when they got hiccuped out of the server decided to invite me and we decided to duo it together, we got up to the part where you need to hack the computers.

Then lightning struck twice and my French buddy was disconnected, Heist Failed.

I guess i won't be getting the MOC on discount.