2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Heist failure stories

droobloo

Yours are good mine is better. We were JUST bout to finish friggin prison break. Just finished my part as pilot. We're ready to go, everything's cool, landed the plane, ready to pick everybody up. Numb nut walks into the propeller of the plane.

All our effort wasted. This game has got to be the dumbest but most awesome update I've ever played in my entire life....

That? Pffft. Mine is the best. Hear me out.

Basically mine happened the exact same way as yours, except...

It was on Normal mode, so 2 deaths max, right? I was the pilot. Everyone had just bailed out when suddenly.. someone died because someone didn't slow down their descent after the parachute deployed leading into a splat into the ground. But hey, normal mode right? -1 life. What could possibly go wrong? I thought, we still HAVE this. Apparently I thought wrong.

So one guy who managed to land in the water, swims ashore.... and walks under the tail rotor of the helo.

2 LIVES SPENT IN UNDER A MINUTE!? Ffs this was already on Normal!

nargris

Ok so i jump into a setup mission for prison break with three other crew members.

Its a pretty simple one. Kill gang members and steal the Velum. We decide to stick it on hard and got playing.

It did take 2 attempts without someone dying but to cut a long story short we succeed in clearing the airfield and the pilot takes the velum.

3-4 mins later we see the message "pilot has delivered the velum" the screen flashes but to our disapointment the screen reads "mission failed - the pilot left".

It seemed the server decided to disconnect the pilot and as thats the heist leader we got sent to freeroam without a penny for our trouble....

Edited by nargris

Frank ツ

First heist (fleeca) first try , my teammate died when we where stealing the armor kuruma

coachcolbert

As many others before me have stated..

Humane Lab - EMP (final setup)

F..M..L..

we finally figured it out after 2.5hrs..

Garni

Mate ran out of the fleeca bank and tried to fire an rpg at the police and hit the get away car, couldn't help but laugh really.

After i'd finally done that drilling bit too :D

On the next run he knew to just get in the car and drive us the hell outta there, i mean he should of the first time but .....

Mr. Bond

My only Heist failure is trying to start one (no1 f*cking joins)...

djfreed

LOL.

finally connected with my buddy last night to give the Fleeca job a go. First setup mission, no issues. Going to get the Kuruma, worked out perfectly. We both took an end of the parking garage, working our way up each level making sure it was clear. Once at the top, we flanked those b*stards, who didn't see it coming, and escaped with an untouched Kuruma.

Onto the Heist finale, on the drive, my buddy has a little bit of trouble with the 'hack', so take a bit of a tour while he figures it out. Finally we bust into the bank, i take out the cameras, he gets on the deposit box, while I'm keeping the customers in line. Before you know it, we are back in the Kuruma, loot in hand and peeling down the highway en route to our getaway.

As we approach the bridge, and see the chopper in site..... BOOM! I get signed out of PSN due to a f*cking router issue, of all things.. Wasn't even the servers as my buddy stayed online, both of us dumbfounded.

Had a good laugh over it, and what the hell, we get another go at it again tonight. So far so good with the Heists though. I am really enjoying the co-op and story's behind them.

Best addition ever.

And for those with Server issues, I know it sucks big time, but don't let that ruin it for you. Patience and then awesomeness awaits. :)

bigmitch_95

I ate shred twice on the prison break, I was the designated pilot.

#1. A pig van kamikazi'd into us before I could take off or think fast enough to go around him, causing the plane to explode.

#2. I succeeded the take off but I got lagged out into story mode while we were still in the air.

ReRo

Try and beat this one...

So we start the prison break finale. We made it all the way to the beach where all teammates go in a buzzard to finish the heist. We still have 1 team life. 3 of us are at the beach already and one guy still parachuting down. I say to him over the mic watch the rocks so you dont hit them. He proceeds to smack into them and dies. He respawns on top of the cliff. What does he do? Runs towards the buzzard and falls down the cliff and dies again. Mission failed. Damn was I pissed haha. We then had to replay 3 more times until we did it.

Edited by ReRo

TomEmilioDavies

Someone leaves the Heist before it is completed. Every. Single. Time.

Sometimes they leave because we failed once, sometimes a couple of failures and one gives up and leaves. Or they just leave for no apparent reason.

Trying to complete Heists with randoms is actually causing me to lose my mind.

Every single time it takes so long to begin the heist again, only for it to fail because someone couldn't be bothered seeing it through.

f*ck I wish I had friends to play with.

Edited by TomEmilioDavies

djfreed

Someone leaves the Heist before it is completed. Every. Single. Time.

Sometimes they leave because we failed once, sometimes a couple of failures and one gives up and leaves. Or they just leave for no apparent reason.

Trying to complete Heists with randoms is actually causing me to lose my mind.

Every single time it takes so long to begin the heist again, only for it to fail because someone couldn't be bothered seeing it through.

f*ck I wish I had friends to play with.

What system are you on?

Lethal-lock

I was the pilot on prison break several times and we couldn't drop the cops no matter what we tried, i gave up and turned my PS4 off. I guess i'll just save heists for PC when all the bugs are ironed out with console/beta testing.

GoCyclones

I was completely worthless in the prison heist setup where you had to shoot the two guys on the steps and avoid the cops after getting the briefcase. The first time thru legit death. The case was on the top of the stairs the first time. The second time it was on the street. So I was the passenger as the other guy drove the car to the stairs. He set me right next to the case. I did not see it and thought the case would be at the top of the stairs again. I died since it was not up there. Duh. The guy killed dropped it where he died. Tried again again and the same guy waited on the street letting me shoot the two guys so he can grab the case. Of course I could not get both of them with my bad shooting. Fail

dude90002

Just now during the prison heist set-up where you have to get the disposition, I could NOT get back into the car. I would grab the briefcase and press Y to get in but it wouldn't let me! :( This happened twice. Third time though, it worked perfectly!

Edited by dude90002

GoCyclones

Not exactly heist related but we completed the second setup mission and we were all standing waiting for the host to spawn the next one. One of the crew members had a bounty on him. I saw that and was like I will leave him alone. Well another guy did not share the same attitude. He walked up to him and killed him

SAMPHET

i finished the prison break, returned to apartment to see thatg there was already another hiest waiting. turns out i paid 40 grand to repeat the prison break without request. to add insult to injury, the board is now blank and im down 40 g's. mother f*ckers

mechluvin89psn

Am part of a base jumping crew and we were doing the heists together. On the prison break plane set up we were all waiting on the pilot so we drove over to the lighthouse (a popular free dive location for high dives into the water) first guy made it fine, my guy didnt dive and i died splatting into the water. Done that jump hundreds of times but morale of the story is dont base jump during heists

Rray79

I was a lookout on the humane lab raid setup mission. The deal for the keycards is at a parking lot that gets swarmed by fib agents. Me and my crew failed like 6 times. We went for more heavy weapons like grenade launchers and rpg's and finally got it the 7th time!

HirsuteDave

I was infiltrating the prison as the prisoner and didn't notice the first guard getting antsy - right up to the point he floored me with a faceful of buckshot. At least it didn't take too long to get back to that point....

Layne Staley

was stealing the plane for the prison heist and we cleared the airfield i was in the plane going to the airport and i see "so&so has committed suicide" lol and of course mission failed came next....i don't know if he was trolling or plain stupid but thats what you get playing with randoms

Edited by Stringer Bell

RogueStatus

telling on myself...

Finally participated in my first heist last night. Random player requested he be the driller and was fine with his 40% cut, which i appreciated...

so as i am keeping the hostages at bay in the Fleeca bank, apparently i shot too close and hit his foot, killing him instantly. felt like a complete f*cking tool.

ruined our chances at the elite challenge too. otherwise we would have gotten it. felt like a total noob to say the least...

Fox2Quick

Series A Funding - Trashmaster setup

Had one idiot driving the garbage truck who refused to listen to directions and back up right to the garbage. On the rare occasion he did, he'd leave the cab of the truck sticking out and get blown away sitting there in the driver's seat. When we tried to have someone else drive the truck, the failure driver from before would attempt stupid sh*t like getting a bus to use as cover, leaving is collectors unprotected. When we tried switching roles, one of the other collectors made a habit of sitting there with a machine gun waiting to kill the gang members instead of just getting the damn bags so we could move on.

Spent 2 hours on it and never passed. No excuse for that. Seriously, quickly collecting garbage bags in an efficient manner should not be that difficult.

jobnocky71

I tried playing the fleeca bank heist with a random because i dont have any friends/crew to play with.

* We failed the set up mission 20 seconds in due to the idiot shooting at random npcs during the drive, getting us wanted. Lester even said "dont get any police attention" and the idiot ignored him. He couldnt go 10 f*cking minutes without feeling the need to shoot everything. -_-

We failed during the getaway of the heist twice because the idiot couldnt drive to save his life.

* During the first getaway atempt, he flipped the kuruma on its roof. Instead of trying to roll it back over, he got out and ran.

* During the second getaway atempt, he was driving off-road to avoid the police road blocks but he managed to sink the Kuruma in the oceon.

You should have kicked him as soon as he got the wanted level!!

fiebru787

I tried playing the fleeca bank heist with a random because i dont have any friends/crew to play with.

* We failed the set up mission 20 seconds in due to the idiot shooting at random npcs during the drive, getting us wanted. Lester even said "dont get any police attention" and the idiot ignored him. He couldnt go 10 f*cking minutes without feeling the need to shoot everything. -_-

This happend to me and i was like DEFUQ why in hell you do that.

Solid Scorpion

Playing the prison heist with some guys I met.

Pilot crashed 2 or 3 times, demolition kept blowing up the bus to early.

The host and demolitions had me cracking up for a while.

"WTF!"

"The bus blew up!"

"Did YOU blow the bus up?!"

"No it just... blew up!"

"Shoot the driver NOT the bus."

"I am and it keeps blowing up!"

Happens again.

"You blew up the bus again didn't you?!"

"NO I SWEAR! It just"

"No 'just', you keep shooting the bus instead of the driver!"

"I'm not it keeps blowing up when I shoot it or crash it!"

Funny at first but 4 or 5 more times it got a bit old.

I apologised (because I'm British) to the host and said I can't work with these retards.

If they can't read/listen to basic instructions how the f*ck do they get along in any game, yet alone how the f*ck they even function in life.

Probably a bit harsh, but I stand by my words. If you can't follow basic instructions, I don't understand how you can work, drive or even cross the road irl without dying.

/geek rant

HirsuteDave

Finally managed to complete the prison break on hard earlier but not before I managed to die at least half a dozen times - including twice on the tarmac as my silly bitch took her sweet time running around the plane while NOOSE were shooting at us :facedesk:

Edited by HirsuteDave

icanplayallday

Prison break:

Mission going smooth as f"#,k all quick, jets raining from the sky. Paratroopers landed in the beach. Suddenly buzzard hits water, mission fail.

Humane apc set up:

Get in quick, guards dropping like rain. Driving out fast, at the drop off othe driver gets stuck on rocks. Mission fail.

And a lot more like this, still love it

Loading time problem is solved with invite only sessions

Ms.AirSuperiority

Prison Break:

Everything was going great. I was in the plane at Sandy Shores, waiting for the leader, "prisoner," and Richovski (however his name is spelled). The prisoner walked into the prop...

Same situation from above, but instead they run into the plane with the armored truck, and broke the wing off.

Humane Labs EMP:

Some kid "I want to fly the hydra, I want to fly the Hydra, hey guys let me fly the hydra, I am an awesome fighter pilot."

He rushed to the hydra and died the first couple of times.

Eventually he made it, flew off in hover mode, and didn't wait for us. The jets turned him to confetti pretty quickly.

After that we took off as a team, fought the jets, and made it to Sandy Shores, only to have two of the Lazer pilots crash on landing.

Somehow we passed.

Edited by mrironmoose

DocHoc

Get to end of prison heist where you parachute out, genius decides to not pull parachute and hit water full speed. He dies, we lose.

RogueStatus

Eddie Toh forgot to bring the magnet to the Fleeca Job. 4 times in a row.

seriously???

^^ and if you cant dirll without it overheating, thats pretty sad...