2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How Safe is the Armoured Kuruma?

Bill_Assassin

Bill_Assassin

I enjoyed driving it around in the Fleeca Bank Heist and barely got shot or slowed down by the puny cops and their weak cars but I'm wondering if it is watered down in free-mode.

Since it costs a good chunk of money and isn't available in single-player, can someone who already owns it tell me how much of a tank it really is?

Does it resist explosives at all? Are the rear and side windows totally bullet-proof? How long before an Assault Shottie blows it up?

Any other comments are also welcome.

The Cookie Monster

It's OP as it is in the Heist and it's more OP than basically every other car due to its extremely good handling, speed, and acceleration.

AussieAustin

Its better after you mod it! My new mission car, possibly everyones new mission car.

• Like 3

LoyalRockstarFanboy

Windows are bullet proof, not sure about explosives tho. But that engine sounds beastly, definitely a keeper.

I was trying to shoot this kid who ran me over but kt seemed completely bulletproof so I just Stickied it after a while, only one needed and it's just a burnt out wreck.

F8i4bRU.png

From experience in the Fleeca Bank Heist, it isn't totally bullet-proof. It just gives other players and NPCs a small area to shoot through, making it tougher to actually land a hit on a passenger or the driver. I also noticed that it barely slows down when ramming into another vehicle, may it be parked or moving. I ran through about 2 or 3 police roadblocks without losing that much speed (I basically plowed through 1 car and even killed the police that were using it as cover. As for it being a blast-proof car, I don't think it can resist an explosion. It's a car, not a tank. I may be wrong, though.

Right now, I have the regular amor-less Kuruma and am probably going to trade it in for the armored version cause I thought that it couldn't be stored or customized. Apparently you can change the color. If I'm dead serious about the trade-in, I edit this post with whatever answers I can get from my experiments...which will mostly likely be me blowing up my car with different explosive weapons.

Also, anybody here know the heist mission that unlocks the Hydra jet? That's the only other thing that I'm trying to get at this point besides the Insurgent pick-up. I already have the Kuruma.

RazzleLeone

If you're a good shot you can try to lay hits.. up close Assault Shotgun takes ALOT of shots to kill the driver. Basically I just stay away from them now it's going to become the new troll car aka Zentorno

• Like 1

flyingnipple

In my attempt to test it out in the creator, an enemy with a minigun spawned and I decided to test it. There was a small area he could shoot through from behind but he was mostly hitting the car. It withstood about 45 seconds or so of minigun fire before catching fire.

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

I honestly think it's underpriced for it's power. It's price should rival that of the adder and z-type. Expect to see it quite a bit among the griefers and randoms, and also expect a nerf from R* after all the whiners :D

• Like 1

Anyone know how much it costs to replace via insurance? How much am I up for when I RPG one in FR after they try to take me down?

• Like 1

CarimboHanky

how safe is the kuruma?

100% bullet proof from the front and back.

can get killed from the sides but its really really hard.

youre more likely to get killed by a rpg that by someone shooting at you.

its lovely!

• Like 2

LordVukodlak

Maybe this was just me... but I noticed I couldn't throw sticky bombs while driving it.

Edited by LordVukodlak

CarimboHanky

Anyone know how much it costs to replace via insurance? How much am I up for when I RPG one in FR after they try to take me down?

close to 7k

• Like 2

The Huntsman

How does the storable insurgent fare in comparison? Wouldn't an actual armored military vehicle be better than an armored civilian vehicle?

I honestly think it's underpriced for it's power. It's price should rival that of the adder and z-type. Expect to see it quite a bit among the griefers and randoms, and also expect a nerf from R* after all the whiners :D

Nerf it and I'll cut you

CarimboHanky

Maybe this was just me... but I noticed I couldn't throw sticky bombs while driving it.

i think they did to prevent it from becoming a tank.

CrysisAverted

Considering the 700,000+ for the Armored Kuruma, is it safe to say the insurance for those who blow it up is Stinger levels or is it as much as the cheaper Kuruma?

*edit*

godamn R* is a dick

Edited by CrysisAverted

90% of bullets wont hurt you if they're through the windows, and the noddy basically has 110% armor

Red Lynx 23

Sooner or later I'll host Death From Above on hard, and see how horrible this mission is with two to four players in an Armored Kuruma, driving right around the mansion, and right up to the witness.

Edited by Red Lynx 23
  • Like 2

CarimboHanky

kuruma vs minigun...

i made the test with my bro, he couldnt destroy the car by shooting at the engine, shooting at the doors with the minigun would cause the doors to fall off.

0_0.jpg

explosives and fire are the only way of destroying the new freeroam beast!!!

I enjoyed driving it around in the Fleeca Bank Heist and barely got shot or slowed down by the puny cops and their weak cars but I'm wondering if it is watered down in free-mode.

Since it costs a good chunk of money and isn't available in single-player, can someone who already owns it tell me how much of a tank it really is?

Does it resist explosives at all? Are the rear and side windows totally bullet-proof? How long before an Assault Shottie blows it up?

Any other comments are also welcome.

Blows up just fine with sticky bombs and RPG.

• Like 2

It's very bulletproof. I'm not even getting touched. I'm having problems shooting through the back window, so no reversing greif with this one. f*cking love this car!

Squirrel__Army

Just been testing it, close range from the sides and you're vulnerable to fire. Should set up an intense capture with lots of minigun wielding hookers to see how long it lasts while moving under intense fire.

We Are Ninja

Eh. The Zentrollno is faster and it's not much of a threat. Don't see how this one will be any worse...

Just bought one and fully modded it. I like the way my Sultan looked but....Rust in Peace Sultan

goblinthegnome

Armor kuruma isn't available in SP? What a load of bull.

What? Is this true? I haven't downloaded the update yet btw

Armor kuruma isn't available in SP? What a load of bull.

What? Is this true? I haven't downloaded the update yet btw

it's not at all in sp