2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Character Transfer - Can't Import Character Again?!?

Lock n' Stock

Lock n' Stock

I like many people switched from last-gen to current-gen on GTA V. The first thing I did on GTA Online was import my old character. With some of the new customisation options, I changed him up I bit. As I began to use him more in-game though, I decided he was a bit hideous and that I could make him look much better.

Here is where my first problem begins. The fact that you CAN'T change the appearance of your character at any time is a bit stupid imo. There's no reason I should be stuck with a character whose physical appearance I don't like. GTA IV and RDR let you change your multiplayer character models at any point, so why it isn't here beats me.

Then the second problem, the fact that your online stats are only applied to one character, and cannot be shared across more than one. Why would I want to use a different character but with all my stats, ranks, weapons, vehicles, money and apartments ALL gone?

Then the third problem. I decided I would try to import my old character's stats again, but to my horror realized that you can only do it ONCE. How does that make sense? I built up that character all by myself and think it's only fair I should have every right to import it as many times as I please in a newer version of the game.

The fourth and final problem is when I took the risk of deleting my current ugly unwanted character and tried the import feature again. Turns out that even when you delete the character you previously imported, you are STILL restricted from ever doing it again.

So what this now means is that on the PS4 version at least, I am left with no character to continue playing as, which is annoying considering the Heists just came out (one of which kicked me out when I tried joining). I'd have to start from scratch, work my way up to Rank 12 again and buy a Shark card off PSN to buy a new apartment.

Sorry to rant, just all this because I can't do the simple task of editing my character's facial looks.

Edited by G.S.T

xInfamousRYANx

Should have contacted rockstar it is possible for them to reset a transfer And allow a retransfer

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock

Should have contacted rockstar it is possible for them to reset a transfer And allow a retransfer

All I can really do at this point.

OfficialTwiggz

Yeah, I accidentally gave my dude blonde hair lol

I hate it, but I just wear a hat now.

Get a hair cut?

Really......?

Yeah, I accidentally gave my dude blonde hair lol

I hate it, but I just wear a hat now.

Get a hair cut?

Really......?

As far as I know, you cant change his hair colour.

Is this The Guy?

As far as I know, you cant change his hair colour.

You can change your characters hair color dude. It tells you how on the bottom of the screen in the barber shop

I went from dark brown hair to this lol

HWsY_OA7qkurDkYpUHW5Iw_0_0.jpg

Edited by This Guy Is Here
  • Like 1

LMFAO would read again.

Basically you made a character that was ugly then cried about it. You CAN change appearance on next gen so idk wtf you are on. Now you deleted your character KNOWING you can only xfer 1 time and say R* screwed you over....

Its your own fault for
1. making ugly character in the first place
2. Not looking up any info before you do anything

How can you be apart of these forums and not know anything about the game?
Sorry but you only have yourself to blame not 'cockstar' -.-

LMFAO sounds like a case of user error and not something Rockstar did wrong.

This was too funny tho man thanks for that.

• Like 2

Lock n' Stock

Lol just for this tread I hope they don't help you

I'll have you know that I haven't treaded in anything recently.

Basically you made a character that was ugly then cried about it. You CAN change appearance on next gen so idk wtf you are on. Now you deleted your character KNOWING you can only xfer 1 time and say R* screwed you over....

Its your own fault for
1. making ugly character in the first place

2. Not looking up any info before you do anything

How can you be apart of these forums and not know anything about the game?
Sorry but you only have yourself to blame not 'cockstar' -.-

There's no way I know of changing your character's appearance at any time you wish, ONLY as a one-time moment after leveling up several times. Maybe there is a way but it isn't made very clear in the game. And FYI, I was happy with the character's look at first but later decided he didn't really look the way I wanted him to so I wanted to make a change. But there doesn't seem to be any way.

Sorry for the rage aside, I made this thread when I was in a crap mood, so I've edited my original post.

Edited by G.S.T

Lock n' Stock

I posted in Rockstar's support forum but never got a reply, maybe I deserve it for the anger at first. Anyone know of a support e-mail?

There's no way I know of changing your character's appearance at any time you wish, ONLY as a one-time moment after leveling up several times. Maybe there is a way but it isn't made very clear in the game. And FYI, I was happy with the character's look at first but later decided he didn't really look the way I wanted him to so I wanted to make a change. But there doesn't seem to be any way.

Sorry for the rage aside, I made this thread when I was in a crap mood, so I've edited my original post.

You can change your main character's appearance by getting a second character to level 6 and then unplugging the internet when it prompts to change appearance one last time, then reconnect and go on your main, and it'll prompt your main to change appearance lol

Edited by flino

Lock n' Stock

You can change your main character's appearance by getting a second character to level 6 and then unplugging the internet when it prompts to change appearance one last time, then reconnect and go on your main, and it'll prompt your main to change appearance lol

Yeah but I was hoping for more of than actual way rather than a glitch that involves messing around with your router (or whatever) to get it to work.

It'd be nice to have an actual way but until then, this is the fastest/easiest way. Takes about 3 seconds to do, you don't necessarily need to mess with the router (unless you're on wireless), just simply unplug the ethernet cable that's connected to the PS4

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock

It'd be nice to have an actual way but until then, this is the fastest/easiest way. Takes about 3 seconds to do, you don't necessarily need to mess with the router (unless you're on wireless), just simply unplug the ethernet cable that's connected to the PS4

Well I am on wireless, so I think I would have to do that tbh.

Then the second problem, the fact that your online stats are only applied to one character, and cannot be shared across more than one. Why would I want to use a different character but with all my stats, ranks, weapons, vehicles, money and apartments ALL gone?

No, this is NOT a problem, such is the point of a secondary character, to have a separate entity of sorts I guess and progress that character. And money IS shared across both. And everything else I read seems to be mistakes you made out of frustration, which is understandable but really rash. Least you could've done is search online if deleting your character was a viable option.

Besides, they clearly mention when you originally transfer that it's a one time thing on one console/account. Not entirely R*'s fault then.

Still, good luck trying to get R* support to allow you a transfer again :)

Edited by LevelDockSix
  • Like 1

dockgtaf.gif

Lock n' Stock

No, this is NOT a problem, such is the point of a secondary character, to have a separate entity of sorts I guess and progress that character. And money IS shared across both. And everything else I read seems to be mistakes you made out of frustration, which is understandable but really rash. Least you could've done is search online if deleting your character was a viable option.

Besides, they clearly mention when you originally transfer that it's a one time thing on one console/account. Not entirely R*'s fault then.

Still, good luck trying to get R* support to allow you a transfer again :)

Yeah, I kinda just posted out of rage, but not before making bad decisions. I'm gonna continue to try and contact R* over the matter, cheers.