1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why does the Xbox one recive so much hate?

J Cobra

Everywhere I go, I see these hate threads about it. There's not a major difference between the Xbox one and the PS4.

Edited by J Cobra

The major hate comes from Don Mattrick's vision of the Xbox Brand; lack of indie support, kinetic, media support over games and the infamous always being online.

None of that is present anymore other than fanboys being fanboys.

• Like 3

The major hate comes from Don Mattrick's vision of the Xbox Brand; lack of indie support, kinetic, media support over games and the infamous always being online.

The fact they tried to do that sh*t in the first place makes me go "f*ck you Microsoft". Also there is also a chance some of the sh*t will be patched back in.

The fact they tried to do that sh*t in the first place makes me go "f*ck you Microsoft". Also there is also a chance some of the sh*t will be patched back in.

There isn't a reason for any of it to come back. The sales speak for itself. PS4 is outselling the One and for them to bring back always online would only widen the gap.

What you have is paranoia.

There isn't a reason for any of it to come back. The sales speak for itself. PS4 is outselling the One and for them to bring back always online would only widen the gap.

Not really, they have a history of doing it with windows. Revoking controversial features only to add it back in via updates.

But in the end sony started on the right foot whilst microsoft didn't, and that was enough for me to make the switch back to sony.

Not really, they have a history of doing it with windows. Revoking controversial features only to add it back in via updates.

But in the end sony started on the right foot whilst microsoft didn't, and that was enough for me to make the switch back to sony.

Than there isn't a reason for us to even have this conversation. You made your choice. Done deal.

The wrong decisions were made and rightly corrected by Phil Spencer, a REAL gamer.

MS has earned my trust by how much they've improved the One. But like I said, fanboys will be fanboys and can't fathom how much things has changed.

It only took two responses this time. Good job, OP.

Considering op hasn't responded.....you have no idea what a troll is do you?

Edit: the original question is why i hate the one. I gave the answer to why i hate it. I don't trust microsoft. And this is from someone who hated the ps2 and ps3.

Edited by hornedturtle

Because we don't need Xbox at all. PC for ultimate gaming experience, PS4 for console AAA lovers, WiiU for Nintendo games, PSVita for portables. Xbox is just redundant.

Because it's not a gaming console so much as it is Microsoft's attempt to enslave people into using their sh*tty services and to advertize all kinds of sh*t.

Edited by The Yokel
BTC: 1JwbWprhZDLhBbLr4rRvQZGUrLSQyrDxnC
ETH: 0x2a406c192db9bf950d717c370b07abc07bd6286c

IzJXMQZ.png

I don't think you know what it means. lol

"A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response"

Anyways, they only are taking hate is because too many people are infatuated with numbers. Especially when it comes to resolution/FPS. I don't care, the difference between 1080p and 920p is minute and people who argue "Well, at least I play games in 1080p" is just the dumbest excuse. Xbox One is doing more with their console than the PS4 is, Xbox has been outselling the PS4 in the past few months, mainly because of their price reduction promotions.

Because we don't need Xbox at all. PC for ultimate gaming experience, PS4 for console AAA lovers, WiiU for Nintendo games, PSVita for portables. Xbox is just redundant.

You are missing the point of why they call it Xbox One. It's an all-in-one entertainment system. Plus the PSVita is failing hard, Nintendo owns the portable market but that's not saying much when there is tablet games for free.

Either way, let the fanboys hate. I mean, Sony is paying them, after-all, to fight for them and why the PS4 is better, right??

ppNaW16.png

Because it's not a gaming console so much as it is Microsoft's attempt to enslave people into using their sh*tty services and to advertize all kinds of sh*t.

Jeepers...It isn't that bad. They don't really advertise sh*t though it, or at least not in your face advertising. I think there is like one rectangle that might be an add for something xbox related - not like there are Pepsi and Doritos ads flying about.

The services are no sh*ttier than any other media entertainment services.

From where I sit I think it has a nice place in the living room for couch gaming and TV, movie, alternate media watching.

There really is no enslavement.

Don't always think everyone(people) are such weak minded people as you seem to do - give the general populous some credit...or you'll end up with an ulcer or diarrhea or something.

*Not in response to the troll OP.

• Like 2

You can help with graphics for an Xbox game.  Check out this thread here at GTAF for more info.

FREE!!! FREE!!! Free copy of my crappy little Xbox/Windows game NewZerk!!! <--Click to redeem free code!

MBMP1oP.png

Every post after this is pretty much irrelevant, they've made big improvements since Phil Spencer took over and it doesn't look like stopping.

The two need to exist as long as consoles are around otherwise you'll get the sort of thing EA does with sport licenses - release crap then offer no support because f*ck you you have no alternative.

The Xbox 360's path really painted a sour taste for many Xbox fans and gave more fuel for those who were not fans already. As a guy who LOVED the original Xbox as a console and the 360 in the beginning, the Xbox One just does not really seem like a worthy console to sink money into if you ask me. It just seems like a sequel to the 360's later half in its lifecycle and not a good next Xbox console.

The two need to exist as long as consoles are around otherwise you'll get the sort of thing EA does with sport licenses - release crap then offer no support because f*ck you you have no alternative.

But MLB from Sony is great every year.

And PS4 from Sony as well. Besides PS4 still has PC as a counterpart.

The few things for them to hate the Xbox One are very simple ones, namely,

- the name, Microsoft

- the Xbox one lower resolution; according to me its not a huge difference compared to PS4, and the initial specs on release. Note: on release which have improved over time in a constant attempt to keep updating things based on the feedback.

- Rest are just fanboys being fanboys. It applies to both sides.

In my opinion, XBox One seems quite better all around than PS4 due to the future cross platform possibilities especially for those who use Windows across various platforms like PC, mobile, etc.

- the name, Microsoft

- the Xbox one lower resolution; according to me its not a huge difference compared to PS4, and the initial specs on release. Note: on release which have improved over time in a constant attempt to keep updating things based on the feedback.

In my opinion, XBox One seems quite better all around than PS4 due to the future cross platform possibilities especially for those who use Windows across various platforms like PC, mobile, etc.

Microsoft refuses to allow cross platform play. Sony on the other hand does allow it.

- the name, Microsoft

Microsoft refuses to allow cross platform play. Sony on the other hand does allow it.Cross platform play is coming with Windows 10-Fable Legends.

C'mon already, you're making a fool of yourself.

This is the blind fanboys will be fanboys I'm talking about.

Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx

You specifically said they don't allow it, you never specified they refused certain games for it.

The question was answered; the one supports cross play.

And with that being said. Goodbye.

I have zero experience with PS4, so I will not contrast the two platforms. For all I know, PS4 is just as bad. But on its own merits, XBox One fully deserves if not hate, at least a good dose of contempt. The hardware was simply not designed for realities of modern game engines. It was designed for the purposes of marketing and selling flashy exclusives.

The rendering hardware of XBox One is fairly decent by itself, and can render beautiful pre-built cut scenes "in engine" at a good frame rate. But the moment you throw a real dynamic scene at it, you start running into all sorts of problems. Memory access times, cache, threading, and just general CPU performance aren't up to standards of even low-mid PCs. Which means yeah, it can render a scene at competitive quality, but good luck building a draw list for it and still have time left to do all the animation, simulation, AI, and anything else the game actually needs to be a game. That's why you see bad frame rates on XBOne with anything but the most linear of games.

It's not all bad. I don't mean to demonize the system. But there were some decisions made about XBox One with very misplaced priorities, and that has lessened the experience of everyone playing games on One. When a game console makes it difficult to make a good game, it deserves some flack.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

I think a huge percentage of the hate comes from the fact that generally the Playstation 4 is better favored. I'm quite sure the hate on the Xbox One would not be what it is if it didn't have a competitor. Part of this is because with the Xbox One they tried to stray away from gaming in general, and tried to adapt to a bigger audience, which as you can see, failed, and I'm glad it did.

I'm quite sure it's not the developers fault that their game has a bigger resolution on the Playstation 4. That's because the Playstation 4 still remained true to it's predecessors, while bringing some new stuff to the table.

That said, neither of the consoles were spectacular, but at least Sony knew what they were doing.

The Playstation 2 and original Xbox prove that limiting yourself to bringing a better gaming experience is all that's required for success.

I don't think you know what it means. lol

"A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response"

Anyways, they only are taking hate is because too many people are infatuated with numbers. Especially when it comes to resolution/FPS. I don't care, the difference between 1080p and 920p is minute and people who argue "Well, at least I play games in 1080p" is just the dumbest excuse. Xbox One is doing more with their console than the PS4 is, Xbox has been outselling the PS4 in the past few months, mainly because of their price reduction promotions.

You are missing the point of why they call it Xbox One. It's an all-in-one entertainment system

But this really isn't what I want out of an Xbox.

I bought my 360 in 2009 and it's been great. Excellent online service, quality titles (GoW franchise, GTA, etc) and no tacked-on bullsh*t. If I want to watch the latest TV shows, films or whatever, I'll use my PC for that. I was a PC gamer for years before it became too expensive* and my GPU died. The whole point of a console is to have a convenient gaming experience so, given that the One doesn't put this first, I'd not bother with it. I completely agree with K^2 on how irresponsible it is for a console which forces games to be more limited. The PS3 wasn't that bad, but its awful hardware architecture was basically the reason for IV's delay and created severe headaches for many designers. The fact that MS has decided to sacrifice decent hardware (which the original Xbox and 360 had when they were released) for media nonsense isn't cool at all in my view because games are going to be held back for the sake of features that most gamers don't care about. I can watch Vikings or Better Call Saul whenever I want either on department PCs or at home on my laptop, why does my games console need this feature too? I guess I'm just worried that this generation won't have games that impress as much as GoW and RDR did when they came out.

This is all a matter of personal opinion; if people really like the media features, then good for them.

*For me, because I'm skint. Generally PC gaming can be very affordable.

Edited by Failure
  • Like 2

I'm sure my current statement will be quite accurate in the future: You will not be impressed as much as you were back then. Very few developers use the power of the consoles to give us new experiences, and most rely on graphical prowess.

I wouldn't mind if another game like Crysis 1 dropped on us someday. Something that doesn't have genuine gameplay, but it's well structured, it's fun, and it also looks impressive.

Many people stated that the Order 1886 would have been received better by the gamers if it were a launch title. I call bullsh*t on that. Why would it be likeable if released sooner? Because it shows what graphics the console can show? I cannot give more than one f*ck about that.

What I expected with this generation is better AI, better built worlds, more technicality in terms of general gameplay. And I'm sure it's possible. But what we have for the most part right now are just graphical showcases.

I've always had a knack for hating on games released for the new and older consoles (few exceptions), because it just shows that the game was not purposely made for the new machines, and that just makes me a little pent up, knowing that the specific game could have been a lot better if not made for the 360 and PS3.

I will always consider those games made for the older consoles, and then just juiced up with graphics for an acceptable reason to release it on the PS4/Xbox One.

This console generation doesn't hold a candle to the older ones.