4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Old Rockstar North Logo?

CRAZYGTASAINT

So I was looking through old GTAIII trailers and found what is possibly an old Rockstar North logo.

gta3.png

It has a sort of native "kilt" design and is in the style of old rockstar logos. This was also during the transition from DMA Design to Rockstar North, so it makes sense.

The weird thing is that I can't find it anywhere else online.

• Like 7

Interesting

i would like to see the Rockstar North logo in red but currently Rockstar Toronto uses red

Edited by emiliumium

Interesting

i would like to see the Rockstar North logo in red but currently Rockstar Toronto uses red

I love the Rockstar Toronto logo, when I get sticker packs from buying from the warehouse. I always have to use them.

I'm 100% sure I've seen this logo somewhere else ... Ahhh I can't remember where !

I think it was maybe in Vice City ... But I'm not sure.

Edited by Kalerney

I'm 100% sure I've seen this logo somewhere else ... Ahhh I can't remember where !

I think it was maybe in Vice City ... But I'm not sure.

You may be thinking of the logo from the opening credits...

hqdefault.jpg

It is in a similar style but lacks the native kilt design, this was most likely made shortly after.

Edited by CRAZYGTASAINT

^ No, I was referring to the R* kilt logo as seen in the OP, I'm sure I've seen it in Vice City ... It was on a wall, or something like that ... I'll try to look after it tomorrow.

Edited by Kalerney
  • Like 1

^ No, I was referring to the R* kilt logo as seen in the OP, I'm sure I've seen it in Vice City ... It was on a wall, or something like that ... I'll try to look after it tomorrow.

YES!!!! HOLY CRAP YES!

I remember now.

The Vice City action figures in San Andreas...

Tommy_Action_Figure_Copy.jpg

This is the ONLY other place I have seen it used.

Edited by CRAZYGTASAINT

LOL.

Nice finds, but this logo was used in the transition from DMA Design to Rockstar North? Other thing, that GTA III trailer is from the PC version? Makes sense... :p

EDIT: Nevermind, is from PC trailer. So that logo was the alpha from the actually R* north logo.

Edited by inadequate

LOL.

Nice finds, but this logo was used in the transition from DMA Design to Rockstar North? Other thing, that GTA III trailer is from the PC version? Makes sense... :p

EDIT: Nevermind, is from PC trailer. So that logo was the alpha from the actually R* north logo.

The thing I find confusing is that the game was already released when this trailer came out. So if the game includes all of the updated logos, etc, then why does the trailer use the old ones?

It even uses the old GTAIII logo...

trailer2.png

It makes sense that they have a logo that was rarely used, as this is during the time that DMA was being "re-branded" and were probably just trying to find a good look. But why do they use these old resources when there are new ones already made?

Edited by CRAZYGTASAINT

But why do they use these old resources when there are new ones already made?

Because they are lazy as f*ck. :lol:

Really, I don't know why are using old stuff, probably the launch date approached very soon and couldn't use the new material. Or something like that, you know is R*. Also the logo for DMA 'rebrand' phase looks nice (the rebrand, if i'm not wrong was between 2001-2002), very rare as well, apparently they didn't have a name in that time and only placed that logo with R* Studios legend before they become Rockstar North.

Edited by inadequate
  • Like 1

But why do they use these old resources when there are new ones already made?

Because they are lazy as f*ck. :lol:

Really, I don't know why are using old stuff, probably the launch date approached very soon and couldn't use the new material. Or something like that, you know is R*. Also the logo for DMA 'rebrand' phase looks nice (the rebrand, if i'm not wrong was between 2001-2002), very rare as well, apparently they didn't have a name in that time and only placed that logo with R* Studios legend before they become Rockstar North.

Following on, maybe that department did not have the correct logos available to them at the time?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the logo was in Midnight Club 3 (Another rockstar game), but I'm not 100% sure. You could get the different Rockstar logos as vinyls on your car.

I think the logo was in Midnight Club 3 (Another rockstar game), but I'm not 100% sure. You could get the different Rockstar logos as vinyls on your car.

Even I thought of the same thing... I think that logo was there in MC3, but I'm not completely sure. Btw, the logos were in number plates and not body vinyls.

Even I thought of the same thing... I think that logo was there in MC3, but I'm not completely sure. Btw, the logos were in number plates and not body vinyls.

I remember them being available as vinyls as well.

It's the Rockstar Studios logo and not the Rockstar North logo, even though it doesn't make much sense having a kilt texture when the Studios are worldwide.

It's the Rockstar Studios logo and not the Rockstar North logo, even though it doesn't make much sense having a kilt texture when the Studios are worldwide.

Is "Rockstar Studios" just another name for "Rockstar Games" and if so, then why did they use both logos in the GTA trailer???

Is "Rockstar Studios" just another name for "Rockstar Games" and if so, then why did they use both logos in the GTA trailer???

I Googled "Rockstar Studios" and it simply came up Rockstar Games. It's just another name for them, I suppose.