4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
theNGclan

GTA:LC Language packs

theNGclan

GTA:LC Language Packs

The american.gxt file is now final. If anyone wants to do translations to other languages, you'll need a copy of it and CyQ's vicegxt editor - both can be found in this package. The american.gxt is the only file in this package that is currently up-to-date.

Also found in the package are the most up-to-date versions of translations so far - they are not complete as there has been no updates since the final american.gxt was released. The translations part done so far are:

• Spanish - VGF
  • French - Knightriders
  • Russian - Main_Salvadore
  • German - MoeRonimoe / SteaVor
  • Spanish - VGF

Also, we now have a complete Polish translation for LC - thanks to Wasyl-Pasyl icon14.gif.

If you are interested in helping out with a translation, please post here.

Edited by Craig Kostelecky

Craig Kostelecky

I'm really happy you brought this one back (as with the others of course).

As we near a final release, I'd really like to have complete and accurate translations for the gxt. The last time these were done was probably for the first beta 2 release (8-9 years ago). And while the gxt hasn't changed drastically, there are definitely new entries that need attention.

So this is a call out. If anybody is able and willing to translate into another language, please let me know.

Knightriders

The French language pack is going to need major reworking I believe, I made that YEARS ago and to be truthful it was a pretty bad job overall I think. I'd like to help but I've completely forgotten how it all works and to be honest I'm not really interested in relearning how this stuff works. If someone wants to step up and fix it up or redo it, it would be greatly appreciated.

On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see this mod is still around, gave me so many hours of fun back in the day, both playing and doing the (poor) translation!

Edited by Knightriders

Silent

Languages are verrry behind overall, I think :(

spaceeinstein

Is anyone working on the french.gxt file? I have updated the file here. I mostly added missing entries and updated a few by copying the text from the original French GXT files from both GTA III and Vice City. Entries that don't exist in either one remain untranslated. These are all the changes I made to the file:

[MAIN]
BELLYUP // Triad
BIKE_0 // 'Alleys and Angels'
BIKE_1 // 'College Tour'
BIKE_2 // 'Airport Aggression'
BLISTA // Blista
BOMB // Conduis ton véhicule chez l'artificier et piège-le avec une ~h~bombe~w~. Coût - ~h~1.000 dollars.
BORGNIN // Borgnine
CIR_OFF // Time circuits off
CIR_ON // Time circuits on
COLOMCR // Cartel
CUBAN // Cuban Hermes
DELOREA // DeLorean
DIABLCR // Diablo
DL_HLP1 // Great Scott! You have a DeLorean! It can fly as well as travel in time.
DL_HLP2 // Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETUP~~w~ or ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETDOWN~~w~ to change the driving DeLorean into a flying car or vice versa.
DL_HLP3 // While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HANDBRAKE~~w~ to thrust the car forward.
DL_HLP4 // Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~ button~w~ to activate the time circuits. When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious sh*t.
DL_HLP5 // Press ~h~up ~w~ or ~h~down buttons on the d-pad~w~ to change the driving DeLorean into a flying car or vice versa.
DL_HLP6 // Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ACCELERATE~ button~w~ to activate the time circuits. When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious sh*t.
DL_HLP7 // While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to thrust the car forward.
DL_HLP8 // While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_FIREWEAPON_ALT~~w~ to thrust the car forward.
DL_HLP9 // While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ACCELERATE~~w~ to thrust the car forward.
GENLEE // General Lee
GHOST // Fantôme
HOODSCR // Hoods
KURUMA // Kuruma
MRWONGS // M. Wongs
OUTFT1 // Prison
OUTFT2 // Streetwear
PANLANT // Panlantic
POS1 // ~1~.~1~
POS2 // ~1~.0~1~
SPRAY // Amène ton véhicule à l'atelier de peinture pour annuler ton ~h~indice de recherche~w~, ~h~répare ~w~et ~h~repeins ~w~ton véhicule. Coût -~h~ 1000$.
STFT_04 // Meilleur temps sur 'Alleys and Angels'
STFT_05 // Meilleur temps sur 'College Tour'
STFT_06 // Meilleur temps sur 'Airport Aggression'
TOYZ // TOYZ
VICECHE // Cheetah
YAKUZCR // Yakuza
YARDICR // Yardie

[iCECRE1]
ICC1_16 // Utilise la camionnette de Mr Whoopee pour distribuer les produits Cherry Poppers dans Liberty City.
ICC1_17 // Mission Distribution terminée
ICC1_19 // Total de deals réalisés : ~1~
ICC1_4 // ~g~Il n'y a aucun client dans ce secteur. Essaye ailleurs.
ICC1_5 // Deals effectués :
ICC1_7 // Tu reçois de l'argent pour chaque transaction faite, mais plus tu fais d'affaires, plus tu attires l'attention de la police.
ICC1_8 // Pour effectuer une transaction, ~h~gare ta camionnette ~w~et appuie sur la ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~ ~w~pour jouer le jingle et attirer les clients.
ICC1_9 // Les gangs locaux n'apprécient pas qu'on fasse des affaires sur leur territoire. Attends-toi à des représailles.
ICE_AT1 // Mission Distribution accomplie

[T4X4]
T4X4_5A // Test your skills with the Bike, see how quickly you can complete the course.
T4X4_5B // TEMPS :
T4X4_5C // You have ~1~ seconds to get back on the Angel!
T4X4_5D // You have ~1~ second to get back on the Angel!
T4X4_5E // You have ~1~ seconds to get back on the Sanchez!
T4X4_5F // You have ~1~ second to get back on the Sanchez!
T4X4_5G // You have ~1~ seconds to get back on the PCJ 600!
T4X4_5H // You have ~1~ second to get back on the PCJ 600!
T4X4_5I // Temps : ~1~:~1~
T4X4_5J // Temps : ~1~:0~1~
T4X4_5K // Nv meilleur tps : ~1~:~1~
T4X4_5L // Nv meilleur tps : ~1~:0~1~
french_distribution_th.jpg Edited by spaceeinstein

spaceeinstein

spanish.gxt update

Similar to what I did for the French GXT, I mostly added missing entries in the Spanish GXT. I also fixed a bug that causes the game to crash when the bomb shop help text is displayed. Here are all the changes I made to the file:

[MAIN]ADMIRAL		// AdmiralBIKE_0		// 'Alleys and Angels'BIKE_1		// 'College Tour'BIKE_2		// 'Airport Aggression'BOMB		// Conduce tu vehículo a la tienda de bombas para poner una ~h~bomba~w~. Coste - ~h~1.000$.CIR_OFF		// Time circuits offCIR_ON		// Time circuits onCOMET		// CometCUBAN		// Cuban HermesDELOREA		// DeLoreanDL_HLP1		// Great Scott! You have a DeLorean! It can fly as well as travel in time.DL_HLP2		// Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETUP~~w~ or ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETDOWN~~w~ to change the driving DeLorean into a flying car or vice versa.DL_HLP3		// While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HANDBRAKE~~w~ to thrust the car forward.DL_HLP4		// Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~ button~w~ to activate the time circuits. When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious sh*t.DL_HLP5		// Press ~h~up ~w~ or ~h~down buttons on the d-pad~w~ to change the driving DeLorean into a flying car or vice versa.DL_HLP6		// Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ACCELERATE~ button~w~ to activate the time circuits. When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious sh*t.DL_HLP7		// While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to thrust the car forward.DL_HLP8		// While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_FIREWEAPON_ALT~~w~ to thrust the car forward.DL_HLP9		// While flying, you can press ~h~~k~~PED_SPRINT~~w~ to thrust the car forward.GENLEE		// General LeeOUTFT1		// PrisiónOUTFT2		// CallePHOENIX		// PhoenixSANDKIN		// SandkingVICECHE		// CheetahZEBRA		// Taxi cebra[iCECRE1]ICC1_16		// Utiliza la furgoneta del Sr. Whoopee para distribuir los productos Cherry Popper por Vice City.ICC1_17		// Misión de Distribución finalizadaICC1_19		// Total de negocios hechos: ~1~ICC1_4		// ~g~No hay ningún cliente en esta zona, inténtalo en otra.ICC1_5		// Negocios hechos:ICC1_7		// Por cada transacción que hagas recibirás dinero, aunque cuantas más operaciones lleves a cabo más atención provocarás de la policía.ICC1_8		// Para llevar a cabo el negocio ~h~aparca la furgoneta, ~w~y pulsa el ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~ ~w~para que suene la mªsica que llamar˜ la atenci¦n de la gente.ICC1_9		// A las bandas locales no les gustará que hagas negocios en su territorio así que si haces esto, prepárate para hostilidades.ICE_AT1		// Fábrica de Helados Completada[T4X4]T4X4_5A		// Test your skills with the Bike, see how quickly you can complete the course.T4X4_5B		// TIEMPO:T4X4_5C		// You have ~1~ seconds to get back on the Angel!T4X4_5D		// You have ~1~ second to get back on the Angel!T4X4_5E		// You have ~1~ seconds to get back on the Sanchez!T4X4_5F		// You have ~1~ second to get back on the Sanchez!T4X4_5G		// You have ~1~ seconds to get back on the PCJ 600!T4X4_5H		// You have ~1~ second to get back on the PCJ 600!T4X4_5I		// Tiempo: ~1~:~1~T4X4_5J		// Tiempo: ~1~:0~1~T4X4_5K		// Nuevo mejor tiempo: ~1~:~1~T4X4_5L		// Nuevo mejor tiempo: ~1~:0~1~
spanish_th.jpg Edited by spaceeinstein

Silent

We need a way to quickly determine which GXT entries are missing - my GXT Builder has a simplistic version control (which worked great over Dropbox) but it only supports SA GXT format (with hashes instead of GXT names) as for now.

spaceeinstein

For future reference, these are all the GXT entries that differ from III in american.gxt as far as I know.

[table]

Key III LC

AM1_B business or otherwise. Lets lay our cards on the table. business or otherwise. Let's lay our cards on the table.

AS2_11 ~g~~1~ OF 9! ~g~~1~ OF ~1~!

AS2_12A ~g~After you trash the first stall, you will have 8 minutes before the Cartel warn their pushers! ~g~After you trash the first stall, you will have ~1~ minutes before the Cartel warn their pushers!

AS3_A ~W~Do we tighten it some more now, or just wait for it to turn black and fall off? ~w~Do we tighten it some more now, or just wait for it to turn black and fall off?

CAR_EXP Cars exploded Road Vehicles destroyed

CDERROR Error reading the Grand Theft Auto III DVD Error reading the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City DVD

DRIVE_B Have an Uzi selected when entering a vehicle then look left or right and press the ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~ button~w~ to fire. Have an Uzi selected when entering a vehicle then look left or right and press the ~c~ button to fire.

DRIVE_C [/td] Have an Uzi selected when entering a vehicle then look left or right and press the ~i~ button to fire.

EBAL_D I know a guy, he's connected, his name's Luigi. I know this guy, he's connected, his name's Luigi.

FEDL_WR Deleting data. Please do not remove the Memory Card (PS2) in MEMORY CARD slot 1, reset or switch off the console. Deleting saved game. Please wait...

FESTDCM Distance travelled by car (m) Distance traveled by car (m)

FESTDFM Distance travelled on foot (m) Distance traveled on foot (m)

FEST_DC Dist. travelled by car (miles) Dist. traveled by car (miles)

FEST_DF Dist. travelled on foot (miles) Dist. traveled on foot (miles)

FEST_GC Gang Cars Totalled: Gang Cars Totaled:

FESZ_WR Saving data. Please do not remove the Memory Card (PS2) in MEMORY CARD slot 1, reset or switch off the console. Saving current game. Please wait...

F_FAIL1 Fire Truck mission ended. Fire Fighter mission ended.

HELP1 Stop in the center of the blue marker. Stop in the center of the ~b~blue marker~w~.

HELP12 Walk into the center of the blue marker to trigger a mission. Walk into the center of the ~b~blue marker~w~ to trigger a mission.

HEL_DST Helicopters destroyed Planes & Helicopters destroyed

HM2_1A Use the RC buggies to destroy the armored cars. Press the ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~ button ~w~to detonate. Use the RC buggies to destroy the armored cars. Press the ~c~ button to detonate.

HM2_1B Use the RC buggies to destroy the armored cars. Press the ~i~ button to detonate.

JM4_G Now listen to me, I'm planning a job that needs a good driver so drop by sometime later Ok? Now listen to me, I'm planning a job that needs a good driver so drop by sometime later, okay?

KM1_8C Press the ~c~ button to ~h~activate the bomb,~w~ remember to get out of the way.

KM1_8E Press the ~i~ button to ~h~activate the bomb,~w~ remember to get out of the way.

LM2_2E Use the ~c~ button to ~h~punch ~w~and ~h~kick~w~ or ~h~swing ~w~the bat!

LOOK_B Push the ~h~right analog stick ~w~left or right to look ~h~left ~w~or ~h~right ~w~while in a vehicle. Push the ~h~right analog stick ~w~down to look ~h~behind~w~.

NO_PCCD Please insert Grand Theft Auto III - disc 2 into the drive or press ESC to cancel Please insert your GTA Vice City CD, or press ESC to cancel

PAGEB10 Rocket Launcher delivered to hideout Rocket Launcher delivered to hideout. The Hunter is now available from Phil's army store in Rockford.

PBOAT_2 Press the ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~ ~w~button to fire the boat cannons. Press ~c~ to fire the boat cannons.

PBOAT_3 Press ~i~ to fire the boat cannons.

RADIO_E Use ~~ to cycle through the ~h~radio stations.

RCHELPA Press the ~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~ button, or drive the RC car into a vehicle's wheels to detonate. Press the ~c~ button, or drive the RC car into vehicle's wheels to detonate.

RCHELPB Press the ~i~ button, or drive the RC car into vehicle's wheels to detonate.

SPRAY_1 Use the ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~ button ~w~to fire the water cannon. Use the ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~ ~w~button to fire the water cannon. Aim using ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETLEFT~~w~ and ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_TURRETRIGHT~~w~.

SPRAY_3 Use the ~c~ button to fire the water cannon. Aim using the ~h~right analog stick~w~.

SPRAY_5 [td]Use the ~i~ button to fire the water cannon. Aim using the ~h~right analog stick~w~.

YD1_CNT ~1~ of 15! ~1~ of ~1~!

YD3_E ~r~You've already boosted a diablo gangcar! ~r~You've already boosted a Diablo gangcar!

[/table]

And all keys in ICECRE1 and TAX2, and T4X4_5* keys in T4X4.

Edited by spaceeinstein

Russell_Stone

I would be more than happy to make Russian translation of this mod, but I have zero knowledge of GXT editing. And what's even more annoying, is that Cyrillic and Latin unicode systems are different and I don't know, how to adopt it to the game.

Edited by Russell_Stone