1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP|BETA|SA] GTA: Underground - Mod Discussion

dkluin

Chaos studios
On 7/29/2021 at 2:02 PM, dkluin said:

If modding does not get the respect it deserves we can always just build our own game. UG means too much to us to just give up on.

Not saying this is what we plan on doing; it's simply a thought.

I would say in a situation like this take two should never get anything I know this sounds bad But you really have to think of last resorts before they go quiet & i've never seen anyone try it in the past But my thoughts are with take two could a financial agreement be made with them? ill say it a bribe even if it took a fundrasier underground out of anything should not go down.

On the other half Again For everyone it has worked on underground Thanks it was a dream it rockstar would have done this back in the Gta IV days Your persistence is admirable i definitely think you should go in to work for yourselves sure theirs music voice actors etc to think of but the framework is their your way more creative than rockstar could ever be again they are just another shell of a company full of accountants & study groups everyone creative leaving which is why you never let controll of your studio be bought out its Just one of those things that Theirs nobody they have to compete with on the market anymore Were talking even 5 years down the line what is their? i Maybe ambitious but Peoples talent has been wasted give some of those ex rockstar or current smaller employees it were their from the beginning the invitation to join you as well More creative freedom again fair pay in the end Why would they not? What a story for the underground team too to Lead as an example to other moding projects & Surpass them.

Edited by Chaos studios

universetwisters
On 7/29/2021 at 7:14 PM, TarRebririon said:

If you're planning to do it as a game, you'll do it on Unreal Engine?

Danny told me they’re gonna make their own engine which seems incredibly moot for an indie team but it’s w/e more power to them i guess

And what about other projects? GTA SAxVCxLC, SAxVCxLC Connected, Trilogy? Were they also stopped by T2?

• Like 3

eagle152

First two still exist at this forum. Not sure whether these were posted on moddb.

• Like 3

But will they be able to release updates now? Could they have problems with T2 because of this? If GTA UG can not, then others, too?

TarRebririon
On 8/1/2021 at 8:30 PM, Slovan said:

But will they be able to release updates now? Could they have problems with T2 because of this? If GTA UG can not, then others, too?

So far, it's a 50/50. T2 might or might not take actions against them.

Theoretically, they will, but the last DMCA takedown didn't touch all of the modifications, so it's really hard to say.

PreetamStallion

I heard that DMCA will takedown Midnight Club series mods?

Is is true?

• Like 2

SilicaPunk2100

I was making a mod of my own called GTA: North America as well as several modded vehicles, but I've since stopped anything having to do with Rockstar's games. Underground was a huge inspiration for me, and it's a shame Take Two is going down this path. Congratulations, you just lost a now former lifelong fan of GTA.

TarRebririon
23 hours ago, SilicaPunk2100 said:

I was making a mod of my own called GTA: North America as well as several modded vehicles, but I've since stopped anything having to do with Rockstar's games. Underground was a huge inspiration for me, and it's a shame Take Two is going down this path. Congratulations, you just lost a now former lifelong fan of GTA.

I think you can go ahead, but just be careful though. Another alternative is you *cough* upload *cough* to a different website. I managed to grab Vice Cry from a different website after the DMCA takedown, so there's a loophole you can take.

• Like 4

Aristotel2003
15 hours ago, TarRebririon said:

I think you can go ahead, but just be careful though. Another alternative is you *cough* upload *cough* to a different website. I managed to grab Vice Cry from a different website after the DMCA takedown, so there's a loophole you can take.

Why do these morons attack only one website to download?
It's not like I am asking now for them to attack EVERY website but what's the catch 😛

Edited by Aristotel2003

TarRebririon
2 hours ago, Aristotel2003 said:

Why do these morons attack only one website to download?
It's not like I am asking now for them to attack EVERY website but what's the catch 😛

They wanted to show their muscle, but they are afraid that just like in 2017, heavy protests occur.

Also, DMCA takedown only affects US affiliated countries, so those Russian and Brazilian hosted website might not comply with it. Also, there are distributors who distribute mods via their blog.

In a sense, T2 should leave the modding community as it is. There's no point in only taking down Moddb. People have different preferences. Some like modding, some dislike it. It's their choice of how they handle their copy of the game.

Fuujin_Ayaya

If the 3D Universe map becomes unavailable, don't stop this project. I love the original maps (like Midway) made by the Underground team. I don't want those great ideas to disappear.

skatefilter5
On 8/4/2021 at 10:16 PM, TarRebririon said:

They wanted to show their muscle, but they are afraid that just like in 2017, heavy protests occur.

Also, DMCA takedown only affects US affiliated countries, so those Russian and Brazilian hosted website might not comply with it. Also, there are distributors who distribute mods via their blog.

In a sense, T2 should leave the modding community as it is. There's no point in only taking down Moddb. People have different preferences. Some like modding, some dislike it. It's their choice of how they handle their copy of the game.

I'm in Canada, I don't think it take affect here maybe.

But can still get wasteland, criminal russia, tiki islands, gostown made by Russians. 

But its disappointing for any copy of the original maps partially custom edits get takedown. 

T2 can't takedown Moddb because there's alot of other mods outside GTA too you know.

Yeah as long he's not from the states, luckily back first meant back in 2016 I thought he's Russian at first we can even keep the game forever at that first place. 

• Like 4

Jonnydragon88

Damn, and I was just about to get back into San Andreas…

The reason their doing this isn't that they think UG is making money, it’s because they think it’s taking away from other games that they are selling, that people will play underground instead of GTA 5 and other games. They think it’s zero sum: If Underground gains success then regular gta must be losing success. There’s a deeper conversation about capitalism in there, but I don’t feel like starting a fire today. 

Personally I feel that mods are a tide that rises all ships: great mods for games sell those games. And this is one of the greatest mods out there. I hope you guys come out of this, with or without a fight, even if that means you have to make your own. Maybe we could start a Twitter or Reddit campaign to help fight for this? Get a story going? I’m not saying we start a revolution but we might kick up some sand where it’s needed. 

Edited by Jonnydragon88

Aristotel2003
On 8/6/2021 at 6:47 PM, Jonnydragon88 said:

Damn, and I was just about to get back into San Andreas…

The reason their doing this isn't that they think UG is making money, it’s because they think it’s taking away from other games that they are selling, that people will play underground instead of GTA 5 and other games. They think it’s zero sum: If Underground gains success then regular gta must be losing success. There’s a deeper conversation about capitalism in there, but I don’t feel like starting a fire today. 

Personally I feel that mods are a tide that rises all ships: great mods for games sell those games. And this is one of the greatest mods out there. I hope you guys come out of this, with or without a fight, even if that means you have to make your own. Maybe we could start a Twitter or Reddit campaign to help fight for this? Get a story going? I’m not saying we start a revolution but we might kick up some sand where it’s needed. 

You have an fair point here.
However, this doesn't make sense when you compare other companies.
I don't wanna give names here, but I Never heard other game companies placing a wall between their games and people making mods for said titles.

In fact, mods are basically an BIG contribution to GTA's success!
 Without mods.. GTA would not be as great, not saying 'these game suck' but Really, look at around You and don't tell me the modding community of this series helped making the series even more popular to the media and more known for crazy things or amazing projects such as GTA:Underground and many other ones.  
Tho... it seems almost useless to bring how amazing they are if they slowly, slowly are sinking into T2's shadow. Which is only a big shame, this can't end well without an fight. I am not talking about an physical fight, but as a community we can kick them in the Liver basically. We are the ones that basically feed them, while they kick our (the modder's) butts basically. I say it's time to maybe kick their asses and earn our right to mod these games.
How could we do that? 
Well.. how else, what would you think It would hurt them the most? 
- GTAO of course! If we stop playing this game or just not supporting them with buying shark credits, we can basically make them change their minds. However, I am NOT forcing anyone to do this. It's just an suggestion that could contribute to (possibly) change Take-Two's mind. 
In other words, the more people would've stop playing GTAO, the more it will basically hurt Take-Two. 

Edited by Aristotel2003

skatefilter5
On 8/1/2021 at 5:15 AM, Slovan said:

And what about other projects? GTA SAxVCxLC, SAxVCxLC Connected, Trilogy? Were they also stopped by T2?

It can only be originals but trilogy is pretty much remixed and it's custom but have some asset from original games might. Anyways no download for that mod , for few years I really want the mod so bad!

• Like 1
  • YEE 2

AliceTG
On 8/5/2021 at 3:14 AM, Rburns said:

Where can I find those links? I want a copy of underground before T2 still touching our balls...

They're on page 1.

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

MAHQ231

WHY T2 want to kill GTA?

In PS5 Trailer they made me

hate GTA Online and GTA 5 beacuse we will wait again

(and maybe more f***ing 7 years)

now they made me hate all GTA and without great mods and

GTA 6 GTA Will Lose.

I hope that T2 will returned us Mods(especially GTA Underground) but if they didn't then i will say:

GOODBYE GTA.

Edited by MAHQ231
  • Like 3

Aristotel2003
4 hours ago, MAHQ231 said:

WHY T2 want to kill GTA?

In PS5 Trailer they made me

hate GTA Online and GTA 5 beacuse we will wait again

(and maybe more f***ing 7 years)

now they made me hate all GTA and without great mods and

GTA 6 GTA Will Lose.

I hope that T2 will returned us Mods(especially GTA Underground) but if they didn't then i will say:

GOODBYE GTA.

Apparently it's speculated they 'Remaster' the other games (GTA3, VC, SA), so that's (possibly) the cause. 
And keep in mind, if you are actually new to the community - this is not the first time T2 steps on the poor modders, however it was an slight different and they we're more focusing towards Open IV and general GTAV/IV modding. 
That fight however was won eventually, and I bet we can still win eventually! I believe we can.

Edited by Aristotel2003

We will win;because The mods is the reason why GTA is Successful and the reason why the players still buying the GTA 3D Universe although

Rockstar Games not making another 3D Universe game and the reason why GTA SA still alive and not by the Remastered Version.

Meekhail

I guess Take 2 is doing this because they are about to release a GTA trilogy remastered versions of GTA III, VC & SA. I heard it today in a Zaccox video. But I don't understand what's releasing remastered versions has to do with mods?

comanche93
On 7/29/2021 at 8:16 PM, Eckh said:

Latest J Jonah Jameson GIFs | Gfycat

Spoiler

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by comanche93
put a spoiler
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Aristotel2003
On 8/12/2021 at 12:47 PM, MAHQ231 said:

We will win;because The mods is the reason why GTA is Successful and the reason why the players still buying the GTA 3D Universe although

Rockstar Games not making another 3D Universe game and the reason why GTA SA still alive and not by the Remastered Version.

Exactly. 

21 hours ago, Meekhail said:

I guess Take 2 is doing this because they are about to release a GTA trilogy remastered versions of GTA III, VC & SA. I heard it today in a Zaccox video. But I don't understand what's releasing remastered versions has to do with mods?

"Zaccox" 
Enough said. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, Meekhail said:

There is no evidence for this. This all originates from one false rumour coming from a Kotaku article (who, by the way, failed to provide adequate sources).

If there is going to be a remaster, it's likely just GTA:III first with the other titles being released later. They didn't bundle them together last time they "remastered" their games either. Furthermore, said article also goes on to explain that the games will be ported to UE4, which, given the fact that we know Dundee will likely be working on them (who has no experience working on GTA, RenderWare, and especially not RAGE), rather than R* itself, a reasonable argument can be made that the quality can't really be that great.

TL;DR: The supposed article claims that Dundee indeed will be leading development, the games will be ported to UE4, and they will be bundled as one major release. Letting what essentially is a third party studio has worked incredibly well in the past, so to then throw in a port to a completely different engine just seems like a recipe for disaster.

And if anyone has forgotten, the last ports were too. Here are two excellent videos highlighting tons upon tons of bugs, glitches, crashes, and the like, all of which can only be found in the previous "remasters":

It would be worth pointing out that a lot of the issues mentioned in these two videos genuinely give the impression that these "remasters" had not received adequate QA. For example, the video illustrates how backface culling had been enabled, and how the console ports still retain the control changes implemented on the Mobile version. Both of these issues should be pretty easy to spot. Whether or not this is done without care or just overlooked is not known.

And that's not everything, T2 has now did its share and decided to take down mods at random without even looking at what the mods in question do, let alone if they are still played or being worked upon, all because "they threathen the economy". Not only that - one could even argue that T2 and R* timed these takedowns to coincide with the release of a GTA: Online update with the hopes that news from these takedowns would easily go unnoticed. Is this really the case? Perhaps, but we may never know.

So yeah, with all this said, what T2 and R* appear to be doing is absolutely unnacceptable. Selling what is almost guaranteed to be a broken mess to customers is one thing, but actively hunting down people who actively show their passion for their games for "economic reasons" is another, but to then time it to ensure people won't find out about it? Give me a break.

I sincerely hope the rumors are false, or that the upcoming remasters are being built with care, and that I'm wrong about T2 and R*'s motives. Otherwise it'd be a massive slap in the face.

Edited by dkluin

DavidReyes2250

Something that I want to highlight about all this is that if these remasters were to be released (which I personally think is unlikely) modifying them would be something more complicated and tedious, taking into account that they no longer want us to modify their games, and this means that they could, so to speak, make their games more difficult to modify safely and easily.
And what I want to get to is that they could be (and most likely) unmodifiable remasters and that would be a big problem.
The only thing we have left is to wait for information from R * and T2, and so while we do not get our hopes up and not do much hype about this news (whether it is true or false)

Fuujin_Ayaya

Do you have a map picture that will be the final version of Midway? I like it very much, but I can't see it because the file was deleted by ModDB.

4 hours ago, Fuujin_Ayaya said:

Do you have a map picture that will be the final version of Midway? I like it very much, but I can't see it because the file was deleted by ModDB.

The ModDB articles are still up, you just need to use the website to find them.

Fuujin_Ayaya
On 8/24/2021 at 12:16 AM, dkluin said:

The ModDB articles are still up, you just need to use the website to find them.

I was able to find it. thank you for teaching me.

• Like 3

Ivan1997GTA

Get it while it's hot before T2 shuts it down!

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

Hello everyone, since a big part of this recent update is removing a lot of vehicles, i'd like to make this post to address the big change.

We have removed a total of 97 vehicles from our mod for one or two of the following reasons:

1. An ex-vehicle developer has asked us to remove his work - we respect his decision and oblige to remove his work by his request.

2. Some of the vehicles are duplicates of existing ones, we worked hard to merge these vehicles with their extras so they will have 1 model instead of 2-3

3. Some of the vehicles are low quality ones left over from very early versions, we plan to remaster and add them back in later updates.

4. Some vehicles heavily resemble content from other games like Driver. We decided we want to take a more unique approach instead of copying vehicles from other games.

5. We want to decrease the bloat in UG's enormous vehicle list.

With that said, the vehicle team has a new direction as we will now focus on creating more quality over quantity. If you wanna check out some of the most bold creations, be sure to check out: Vulture, Viper, Baron, Civique, Elwood and a bunch more.

Thank you and have fun with 4.2!

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.