• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dkluin

• Nagletz

• ILOVEFOOTBALL95

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GTA: Underground is an ambitious total conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that aims to unite the entire Rockstar 3D Era Universe into a single mod. This means maps from GTA: Vice City, G

Latest and previous versions are available here: https://gtaundergroundmod.com/pages/releases GOOGLE DRIVE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jArkVZPOC-pSjM0plTSQN22oEeC03DAq/view?usp=s

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   You can view

Crystalien
On 1/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, dkluin said:
On 1/22/2021 at 2:42 AM, MauroInPlay said:

I known this can be very specific, but (may have?) there's a missing hidden package in the police station in Vice City in Washington Beach (I am collecting the hidden packages, currently 114/200).

Some are still known to be inaccessible. We just have to move them to the interior world, but doing so would break savegames for Snapshot 4 (with no way to convert them).

Does this mean that this issue will be resolved in one of the later patches for Snapshot 4 or is it something we can only expect to see in the distant future (Snapshot 5 onwards)? What I'm trying to ask is whether we are stuck with this issue for the entirety of Snapshot 4 and its patches, or are there plans in place for this to be fixed sometime before Snapshot 5 (even though it would render previous save files incompatible)?

• Like 2
Ottirb_L

Hi everyone,

First of all I really want to thank the developers for creating such an awesome mod. I have been following this forum for quite some time while thoroughly enjoying this mod. So far it has been working flawlessly for me but I've noticed a couple of issues playing this mod with Project 2dfx especially in Vice City. I often experience severe lags while riding a boat in Vice City or simply crossing the bridges between the two main islands. I believe this has to do with the indefinite generation of grass on Vice City's seabed which I'm sure is not intended. Have a look at the following image:

1.jpg

Next, I would like to point out the bizarre effects the studio light from the stage in Prawn island creates to the surrounding environment. The light rays seem overly exaggerated and can be quite distracting from a distance.

6.jpg

5.jpg

The problem is even worse during the day. The lighting gets messed up and the far off buildings display weirdly. Compare the lighting when the camera angle is slightly changed:

2.jpg

3.jpg

As there are some bugs with using Project 2dfx in Vice City, I request the developers to have a closer look at them since most of us might want to play GTA Underground with Project 2dfx as an addon. Moreover, since Snapshot 4.1.6 mentioned about remodelling the Studio to fix its collision, the developers can 'switch-off' the studio lights to avoid this unintended effect. Also, removing the grass on the seabed can help fix the lag. 

I hope these bugs get fixed soon. Again I would like to thank the developers for devoting so much time and effort in bringing such a huge project into reality.

Edited by Ottirb_L
  • Like 2
  • YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
MauroInPlay
6 hours ago, Crystalien said:

Does this mean that this issue will be resolved in one of the later patches for Snapshot 4 or is it something we can only expect to see in the distant future (Snapshot 5 onwards)? What I'm trying to ask is whether we are stuck with this issue for the entirety of Snapshot 4 and its patches, or are there plans in place for this to be fixed sometime before Snapshot 5 (even though it would render previous save files incompatible)?

It's like dkluin explained before, there are some who are in the interior world, and the simple moving it would cause a corrupted save.

As you wrote, I believe in the future the devs solve this problem, (OR) could also make another location for those who are in the interior world (my opinion).

Edited by MauroInPlay
hurb
  • Like 3
GuilhermeSantos

Nice mod. 

Edited by GuilhermeSantos
  • Like 4
Crystalien
1 hour ago, MauroInPlay said:
10 hours ago, Crystalien said:

It's like dkluin explained before, there are some who are in the interior world, and the simple moving it would cause a corrupted save.

As you wrote, I believe in the future the devs solve this problem, (OR) could also make another location for those who are in the interior world (my opinion).

Thanks for the input. I did not realize that the mere act of moving the currently inaccessible hidden packages to the hidden interiors universe produces corrupted save files. The way he put it made it sound like a feasible task, and by referring to 'Snapshot 4', I thought he implied that this problem is inherent only to that particular release version of GTA: UG (and maybe the subsequent patched builds?).

Initially, I interpreted "doing so would break savegames for Snapshot 4 (with no way to convert them)" as dkluin stating that the compatibility of existing save files made in Snapshot 4 (and all the patched versions up to at least Snapshot 4.1.6) with the latest hypothetical version of GTA: UG (in which the hidden packages would have been successfully placed into the interiors universe) would be broken, rather than the state/usability of the save files in general. My bad. I'm sorry if all of this comes off as verbose, and I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm also curious as to whether the implementation of this solution in previous Snapshots also results in corrupted save files — has this issue always been there or does it only affect the 4.X.X builds of GTA: UG? 

Up until now, it seemed to me that inconvenience for the existing Snapshot 4[.0.0]–4.1.6 players was one of the sole reasons against the implementation of this solution, the other being a [presumably] lower place on the priority list (at this stage of UG's development). With the help of your valuable insight into the subject matter, I am now aware that the developers' present inability to implement the solution without the adverse consequences (either by eliminating them or circumventing them with a workaround) might come into play as well. Either way, I sincerely do hope that the development team succeeds in overcoming these challenges. Hopefully they'll be able to devise a way for the saving system to work without corrupting the save files with the hidden packages in their proper/canonical locations — and if not, your suggestion seems a plausible one, if you ask me (the prospect of being able to collect them all and have it reflected in the statistics would make many a completionist happy).

• Like 3
dkluin
11 hours ago, Ottirb_L said:

Hi everyone,

First of all I really want to thank the developers for creating such an awesome mod. I have been following this forum for quite some time while thoroughly enjoying this mod. So far it has been working flawlessly for me but I've noticed a couple of issues playing this mod with Project 2dfx especially in Vice City. I often experience severe lags while riding a boat in Vice City or simply crossing the bridges between the two main islands. I believe this has to do with the indefinite generation of grass on Vice City's seabed which I'm sure is not intended. Have a look at the following image:

1.jpg

Next, I would like to point out the bizarre effects the studio light from the stage in Prawn island creates to the surrounding environment. The light rays seem overly exaggerated and can be quite distracting from a distance.

6.jpg

5.jpg

The problem is even worse during the day. The lighting gets messed up and the far off buildings display weirdly. Compare the lighting when the camera angle is slightly changed:

2.jpg

3.jpg

As there are some bugs with using Project 2dfx in Vice City, I request the developers to have a closer look at them since most of us might want to play GTA Underground with Project 2dfx as an addon. Moreover, since Snapshot 4.1.6 mentioned about remodelling the Studio to fix its collision, the developers can 'switch-off' the studio lights to avoid this unintended effect. Also, removing the grass on the seabed can help fix the lag. 

I hope these bugs get fixed soon. Again I would like to thank the developers for devoting so much time and effort in bringing such a huge project into reality.

Please report each issue on an individual bug tracker entry on our website.

• Like 5
Crystalien
4 hours ago, ADIKALON said:

Please give me correct 2dfx version

Is the one quoted below not the one you're looking for? (it's meant to work with Snapshot 4 of GTA: Underground)

On 3/16/2015 at 6:14 PM, dkluin said:

PROJECT 2DFX SUPPORT PACKAGE (REQUIRES PROJECT 2DFX TO BE INSTALLED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_MOSm3lFvnF4WfyadPUWjK0JJRfHqHQM/view?usp=sharing

Bear in mind that you'll need to have the original Project 2DFX installed before you make use of this optional UG-specific support package (as already mentioned). I hope this helps.

• Like 2
dkluin
6 hours ago, ADIKALON said:

Please give me correct 2dfx version

Download it yourself.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
ADIKALON
1 hour ago, Crystalien said:

Bear in mind that you'll need to have the original Project 2DFX installed before you make use of this optional UG-specific support package (as already mentioned). I hope this helps.

I downloaded original Project 2DFX v4.0 from different sources and tried other versions. A window with a notification about the wrong version constantly appeared. Therefore, please, can someone throw off the required version

Edited by ADIKALON
  • Like 2
  • Bruh 1
dkluin
2 hours ago, ADIKALON said:

I downloaded original Project 2DFX v4.0 from different sources and tried other versions. A window with a notification about the wrong version constantly appeared. Therefore, please, can someone throw off the required version

Then I guess you downloaded the wrong one after all by accident. Try downloading it again.

• Like 3
GuilhermeSantos

Underground 4.1.5 Storyline Add-on. Mission Vertical Bird Impossible the game insta crashes soon as the spy boats get touched. Tried with hydra missiles and normal weapons the game just crashed didn't even create a mini dump. 

Pls fix

• Like 2
  • excuseme 1
ADIKALON

Screenshot_20210128_190314.pngScreenshot_20210128_190341.pngScreenshot_20210128_190409.png

2dfx doesn't work. Maybe because of Linux, I don't know

Edited by ADIKALON
  • Like 3
  • excuseme 1
dkluin
On 1/28/2021 at 5:07 PM, ADIKALON said:

Screenshot_20210128_190314.pngScreenshot_20210128_190341.pngScreenshot_20210128_190409.png

2dfx doesn't work. Maybe because of Linux, I don't know

Remove III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.asi.

---------

Work on Snapshot 4.1.7 continues. Expect the following bug fixes:

Spoiler

Before:

Spoiler

Desktop_Screenshot_2021.01.29_-_11.15.30.18.png

After:

Spoiler

only_in_4.1.7.JPG

Spoiler

wwwww.JPG

Edited by dkluin
  • Like 4
  • fir thi bairns 1
ernestin1

When will the Stories radio stations and story mode be avaliable to play?

• Like 3
Crystalien
4 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

They have been made available for quite some time now — ever since December 26 last year, if I'm not mistaken. You can find the download links under the 'Downloads' section (under "Optional mods") in the topic's original post now, and you can refer to the following excerpt from dkluin's Snapshot 4 public release post here:

On 12/25/2020 at 7:15 PM, dkluin said:

So yeah, feel free to download them right away. The radio content from Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories is fully functional (to my knowledge), and aside from a couple of bugs that are being worked on, the optional story mode is in a playable state as well (for the most part). Should you encounter some issues with the 'Vertical Bird' and Flying School missions, you'll be able to find the known workarounds in the 'Bug Tracker' section of GTA: Underground's official website. With that being said, I think you're ready to go.

• Like 3
dkluin
8 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

They are already available.

• Like 4
ernestin1

Cool thanks, regarding VCS, Could Vic's apartment and the Bennys restaurant Be added? I was also wondering if there are any neons left to be added

Spoiler

JrMjwa5.png

Edited by ernestin1
  • Like 5
  • fir thi bairns 1
DoomReaper
12 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

Cool thanks, regarding VCS, Could Vic's apartment and the Bennys restaurant Be added? I was also wondering if there are any neons left to be added

Reveal hidden contents

JrMjwa5.png

Definitely possible. Not sure if planned tho. Idk about the neons. 

• Like 6
  • YEE 1
DoomReaper
On 1/17/2021 at 8:37 PM, pimann said:

25-La-I6-Xb-N5z2t-N03-ST67n-Q.png

When you complete all cities, can you make such map for the project (with new islands like on this 2D map, without requiring to fly over the ocean to travel from California to New York and Florida)?

everyone wants an entire USA map in 3d

However we would like to do it, we sadly can't because we don't have the people to pull it off. Perhaps in a far, far future. No promises though. 

• Like 6
  • YEE 1
  • excuseme 1
universetwisters
6 hours ago, DoomReaper said:

However we would like to do it, we sadly can't because we don't have the people to pull it off. Perhaps in a far, far future. No promises though. 

What about the folks working on midway

• Like 5
GTA UG enthusiast
1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

It's not enough. Let's all donate 1$, if everyone here that has 1$ available donates for the mod it might be more than enough to have more people working on the maps. It's just my assumption.

• Like 4
universetwisters
5 minutes ago, GTA UG enthusiast said:

It's not enough. Let's all donate 1$, if everyone here that has 1$ available donates for the mod it might be more than enough to have more people working on the maps. It's just my assumption.

Even with all the money idk if that's any guarantee they'll find anyone who wants to help out

• Like 5
DoomReaper
16 hours ago, universetwisters said:

What about them? They are working on Midway. 

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
universetwisters
55 minutes ago, DoomReaper said:

What about them? They are working on Midway. 

I heard through the grapevine it's on hold so idk if the other mappers that got recruited for it could make other places but idk

• Like 3
daniel_dude
On 2/1/2021 at 11:37 PM, GTA UG enthusiast said:

Donate to this mod? Yeah when their encrypting, closed-source policy and their arrogance will be gone then sure I'll give them some money, but until then, I won't give them even a cent. I'd rather give them to a better mod like RE:LCS or Shine of VIce.

This one? No, sorry.

• Like 6
DoomReaper
4 hours ago, daniel_dude said:

Donate to this mod? Yeah when their encrypting, closed-source policy and their arrogance will be gone then sure I'll give them some money, but until then, I won't give them even a cent. I'd rather give them to a better mod like RE:LCS or Shine of VIce.

This one? No, sorry.

1) we've spent insane number if man-hours to get there. I think you don't understand what does it take to combine so much content from different games without replacing. It took us 5 years to get this mod to state when you can complete the storyline and play multiplayer. With so much custom content and ported weapons/cars/maps, it's reasonable to assume other people will try to steal it. That's why we encrypted our work to protect it. We do not restricts our developers to post their work elsewhere. 

2) what's the problem with closed sourcing? We're activity developing it and you can help us if you want. Open sourcing would only result in huge number if forks and it would be mess. Also, we built it from ground up and it is our right to with our work whatever we decide. I'd say we're doing it well. There is no reason for accessing tho source code other than stealing it. If you think you could speed up the development, feel free to contact us and we'll think of something you can help with (if you have the skill, of course). 

I do not beg for your money nor I do not want to argue with you, I'm just trying to explain why we decided this way. I hope you understand!

• Like 6
  • fir thi bairns 1