1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

dkluin

[WIP|BETA|SA] GTA: Underground - Mod Discussion

GTA: UG poll  

885 members have voted

1. 1. Should Atlantis return?

• Yes, it should return and we should continue working on how it was before it was removed.
    • Yes, it should return but only the slum should stay and the rest should be replaced because of the repetitive city layout
    • No, it shouldn't, instead work on Carcer City and/or Cottonmouth
    • No, it shouldn't. Finish what's on the to do list first.

dkluin

Currently working on the documentation.

Davve95
On 3/31/2019 at 4:57 PM, dkluin said:

Meanwhile I'm implementing syncing for parking meters...

--------------

I decided to work on something else. The pickup syncing issues should finally be resolved.

What's parking meters?

Maverick512
30 minutes ago, Davve95 said:

What's parking meters?

A parking meter is a device used to collect money in exchange for the right to park a vehicle in a particular place for a limited amount of time. Parking meters can be used by municipalities as a tool for enforcing their integrated on-street parking policy, usually related to their traffic and mobility management policies, but are also used for revenue.

Davve95
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I know that. Thank you anyway. I meant ingame though.

Is it for realism or what else is their purpose? 

Confused xD

Edited by Davve95

Maverick512
9 minutes ago, Davve95 said:

Yeah, I know that. Thank you anyway. I meant ingame though.

Is it for rp servers or what else is their purpose? 

Maybe the purpose is to add some realism to the RP server there will be an aircraft carrier near the military base of vice city and you can do things like grow marijuana live a criminal life playing with other users, ETC.

Ingramsl

A great news for UG DYOM fan.

The Fort Carson Chronicals is here! (In-Progress)

Lughzi
18 hours ago, Ingramsl said:

A great news for UG DYOM fan.

The Fort Carson Chronicals is here! (In-Progress)

Looks great! the story looks like it would come from underground! but where the other cities fit in? is there gonna be a UL chronicles? maybe even VC chronicles? other than that the story looks great and i can already see a mission where Melvin has to race against the racing punks.

dkluin
Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2019 at 6:44 PM, Davve95 said:

What's parking meters?

Parking meters are objects which drop money when hit. The number of pickups and the money they drop isn't synced. I have a callback (OnParkingMeterDropMoney) which is fired whenever any parking meter is destroyed for one player. I haven't managed to prevent a remote player ped from triggering it, but I have the code which creates these pickups hooked and it simply needs to be brought to a functional state.

I dropped it as it was taking too much time debugging a crash with the syncing code.

------------

Meanwhile I'm working on the website, specifically the documentation area for vehicles. I used The_Hero's WebGL-based vehicle renderer and modified/implemented it to suit my needs. In the future it will support plateback textures, dirt levels, extra parts, and other stuff (once introduced in UG-MP itself). For now, you can only see how each in-game vehicle looks which UG vehicle colour IDs.

Edited by dkluin

Davve95
On 4/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, dkluin said:

Parking meters are objects which drop money when hit. The number of pickups and the money they drop isn't synced. I have a callback (OnParkingMeterDropMoney) which is fired whenever any parking meter is destroyed for one player. I haven't managed to prevent a remote player ped from triggering it, but I have the code which creates these pickups hooked and it simply needs to be brought to a functional state.

I dropped it as it was taking too much time debugging a crash with the syncing code.

------------

Meanwhile I'm working on the website, specifically the documentation area for vehicles. I used The_Hero's WebGL-based vehicle renderer and modified/implemented it to suit my needs. In the future it will support plateback textures, dirt levels, extra parts, and other stuff (once introduced in UG-MP itself). For now, you can only see how each in-game vehicle looks which UG vehicle colour IDs.

That sounds like a cool feature! Have you added it? Or are it original in any GTA game? I guess I haven't seen it.

Or just forgot about it. If original where's it located? 

Aristotel2003
1 hour ago, Davve95 said:

That sounds like a cool feature! Have you added it? Or are it original in any GTA game? I guess I haven't seen it.

Or just forgot about it. If original where's it located? 

Well, I'm pretty sure I've seen once some of those parking meters in GTA VC

But I'm not sure where you can find them, anyway you just ram into those things and you get free money lol

dkluin

Spent the last week working on the model previewer on the official website. it will serve as an interactive tool which allows you to see how vehicles look in-game with certain options applied to them. Right now I'm using The_Hero's WebGL-based code for this, and so far you can select all UG vehicles and all UG vehicle colours.

In the future, when more easy-to-add vehicle-related natives are added (such as syncing for extra parts, dirt levels, and other things) you will also be able to select that as well.

Spoiler

ug_website_36.png

ug_website_35.png

ug_website_34.png

ug_website_38.PNG

I might make the whole thing look a bit better as time goes on, however for now this is how it will look. 

games6ful
Posted (edited)

i cant launch gta sa with directx 2.0 shader mod with normal exes stuff only throuh cmd enb thing and when i installed it to underground mod i get getproject version failed to launch

unmodded sa i was able to launch it throuth cmd but with underground i get getprojectfailed eror and no i havent replaced fastlimit adjuster idk what could be issue here i have seen people running this mod with that shader

Edited by games6ful

Lughzi
1 hour ago, games6ful said:

i cant launch gta sa with directx 2.0 shader mod with normal exes stuff only throuh cmd enb thing and when i installed it to underground mod i get getproject version failed to launch

unmodded sa i was able to launch it throuth cmd but with underground i get getprojectfailed eror and no i havent replaced fastlimit adjuster idk what could be issue here i have seen people running this mod with that shader

it only works with snapshot 3.2 and also UG does not plan on adding enb support on snapshot 3.4, so if you wanna use enb go back playing san andreas

Maverick512
1 hour ago, games6ful said:

Stop making blank comments in this forum please.

games6ful
21 hours ago, Maverick512 said:

Stop making blank comments in this forum please.

what blank comments ?

i was just asking help :I 🤨 i have no clue how these white boxes are around my text :I

22 hours ago, Lughzi said:

it only works with snapshot 3.2 and also UG does not plan on adding enb support on snapshot 3.4, so if you wanna use enb go back playing san andreas

oh ok thx for letting me know 

McBando

What's the ETA on the new snapshot

Maverick512
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, games6ful said:

what blank comments ?

i was just asking help :I 🤨 i have no clue how these white boxes are around my text :I

oh ok thx for letting me know 

It is a mistake that usually appears just when you copy text directly from google translate or notepad if you can not speak English well you do it from there, When you go to comment in the forum and copies and paste google translate text appears below a window which says; ''Paste as plain text instead'' gives you there is and normalizes the text.

When you're a new member you may not know the rules or functions of GTAForums ... Well let's say it's a social network like facebook dedicated to discussing things related mainly to games of the GTA saga, Mods, Maps, and Big projects like this one. At first I had problems in several issues with this same error.

Edited by Maverick512

dkluin

I've made more progress with documentation which I will show soon. Len made plenty of additional UG-MP exclusive models such as bags, couches, and other stuff which he documented in the form of an excel sheet. I am in the process of turning that into something similar to the vehicle previewer.

Rihano_2109
Posted (edited)

Who now how to import gta sa maps to 3ds max? Or who have forum for discuss about modding map gta sa?

Edited by Rihano_2109

Davve95

Ask in the modding section or Google it 

ernestin1

Hello, Dkluin, i wanted to report/ ask some stuff concerning the VC Map, i hope you have time to answer, if not, at least read it, these are my reports/questions, sorry if you already answered them

any way to implement the following interiors ?

Louise Apartment

Marty's Trailer (i know theres already a trailer park)

Phil's shooting gallery 

white stallionz Bar

Ship interior (seen in VCS)
Mendez mansion interior

army barracks interior

Vic's first and second hideout 

these propierties from VC Aren't purchasable

The Hyman Condo

3321 vice point

1102 washington street

ocean heights apartment

since the diaz mansion has all the trophies props inside, shouldnt the ocean view hotel have them too?

just like vcs, you should add an ambulance spawn and an enforcer spawn in the little havana hospital and downtown police station respectively

the VC Helicopter rotors are messed up

and the music loop from the arcade games inside the kaufman cabs company could be added?

Maverick512
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, ernestin1 said:

Hello, Dkluin, i wanted to report/ ask some stuff concerning the VC Map, i hope you have time to answer, if not, at least read it, these are my reports/questions, sorry if you already answered them

any way to implement the following interiors ?

Louise Apartment

Marty's Trailer (i know theres already a trailer park)

Phil's shooting gallery 

white stallionz Bar

Ship interior (seen in VCS)
Mendez mansion interior

army barracks interior

Vic's first and second hideout 

these propierties from VC Aren't purchasable

The Hyman Condo

3321 vice point

1102 washington street

ocean heights apartment

since the diaz mansion has all the trophies props inside, shouldnt the ocean view hotel have them too?

just like vcs, you should add an ambulance spawn and an enforcer spawn in the little havana hospital and downtown police station respectively

the VC Helicopter rotors are messed up

and the music loop from the arcade games inside the kaufman cabs company could be added?

f*cking Communists I detest!!!.

Edited by Maverick512

ernestin1

hell yeah! 

Domac

From what I've read, you're going to make a UG-MP roleplay server. If so, then I'm hyped for it because I really like this mod, but it can be boring at times to play alone.

dkluin
Posted (edited)

Yes, there will be a roleplaying server on UG-MP. It will be live when UG-MP is released.

nWo, the developer behind Trilogy has been working on a VC extension for the past few months. I might introduce it into GTA: Underground soon.

Spoiler

crapplan.jpg

extend.png

Edited by dkluin

Aristotel2003

That looks very cool! 

It reminds me about GTA Shine o' Vice 

Lughzi
4 hours ago, dkluin said:

Yes, there will be a roleplaying server on UG-MP. It will be live when UG-MP is released.

nWo, the developer behind Trilogy has been working on a VC extension for the past few months. I might introduce it into GTA: Underground soon.

Hide contents

crapplan.jpg

extend.png

Great! with UL and VCC the mod seems interesting! wonder how VCC and UL will work in UG:RP (in case UL is complete)

Frank Tennpenny

Cool a Florida countyrside.

Mememan

Finally we are getting gator keys

dkluin

I've also been working on Carcer, don't know if I posted any screenshots though.