1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

dkluin

[WIP|BETA|SA] GTA: Underground - Mod Discussion

GTA: UG poll  

919 members have voted

1. 1. Should Atlantis return?

• Yes, it should return and we should continue working on how it was before it was removed.
    • Yes, it should return but only the slum should stay and the rest should be replaced because of the repetitive city layout
    • No, it shouldn't, instead work on Carcer City and/or Cottonmouth
    • No, it shouldn't. Finish what's on the to do list first.

dkluin

We're working on it...

---------

As for the official website, I might have something soon.

Edited by dkluin

Daeslender

Hey I have a small suggestion (although I'm not sure if it can be done). Could each city have its own water texture? Maybe the transitions look weird but idk it doesn't seem right to have San Andreas' water texture in Vice City. Also, is there a way to install the skin selector mod? I know the mod comes with one, but I'm talking about the one that lets you add your own skins (also, the one included in the mod crashes a lot. I think it should have a preview skin button, that way it wouldn't just crash when you select a skin that doesn't work).

dkluin

The skin selector is bug free. It has always been. The peds aren't.

Daeslender

Well yeah that's the problem, but if the skin selector didn't automatically switch your model when you select it, then it wouldn't crash every time you select a broken ped model. That could be fixed by adding the preview skin button.

dkluin

A proper solution would be to fix the ped models themselves.

sazzad
9 hours ago, GreySiber said:

The update is wonderful!😊 Crashes aren't so frequent yet.

Carcer City update, new effects, weather causes delight!

New vehicles- very good! But, very sad, that old cars not fixed... For example: bickle 76, sabre turbo, diablo stallion and other cars, that have not corresponding engine sounds; pusher, clover 69 and etc- dangling details. And other problems of cars, which to list long... I hope, that it will be fixed in time. 

But in general, update has no special complans! Good work!😉

The vehicle textures/lighting feel a little darkened right? RIGHT????

Mememan

Why Bloodhound maverick doesn't have functional weapons? as it looks like it has minigun or rocket pods

Rafarrc

Hello everyone, I have a problem when I open The_Hero debug menu, after 2 seconds of activating it, the game closes, what could be the problem?

Daeslender
4 hours ago, dkluin said:

A proper solution would be to fix the ped models themselves.

Well yeah but that will probably take a long time since you'd have to check every model. I think my idea is a good temporal solution. Also I've read in the changelog of Snapshot 3.3 that you've added the Stories radio stations, how do I activate them?

m0nku
10 minutes ago, Daeslender said:

Well yeah but that will probably take a long time since you'd have to check every model. I think my idea is a good temporal solution. Also I've read in the changelog of Snapshot 3.3 that you've added the Stories radio stations, how do I activate them?

The original GTA III/Vice City stations play first, then the Stories stations after them

Daeslender
10 minutes ago, m0nku said:

The original GTA III/Vice City stations play first, then the Stories stations after them

Oh alright, thanks!

Wakka387

so is everyone ok with Dkluin take almost all of the credit for this mod while throwing everyone else under the bus?

GTA Underground was started by a modder named Dkluin in 2014, when he was only 14 years old. Now 18, Dkluin leads a team of about 20 modders all over the world who are doing something not even Rockstar has attempted. They ultimately hope to add the entire Rockstar 3D Universe into one giant map that will be playable in GTA San Andreas.

Other cities like Bully’s Bullworth weren’t designed GTA’s with planes or explosives in mind. Dkluin’s small team also had to modify every single Bully NPC so they would work within Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Even the cars you see in Bully, which aren’t drivable, are being modified so that players can steal them, customize them and even blow them up. All of this is made harder because some games, such as Bully, don’t have a lot of online tools or documentation. Dkluin and his team have had to make many of the tools they use themselves.

Dkluin and his team also plan to add a few custom cities. These include Atlanta parody Atlantis, and Mainland Liberty, a parody of Chicago. These custom-built urban centers are proving to be difficult, and Dkluin said that some of the, might not make the final cut. The main focus of the Underground team currently is getting Carcer City and Bullworth polished and more playable, adding in multiplayer support and improving the lighting across all the cities.

Dkluin didn’t set out to create such an ambitious mod when he first started working on Underground. The initial plan was to just add Vice City from GTA Vice City Stories and Liberty City from GTA Liberty City Stories into GTA San Andreas. Eventually he decided to add the maps from GTA VC and GTA III instead and as time went on he kept adding more to the mod until he finally decided to add the entire Rockstar 3D universe. Dkluin never expected the mod to get noticed, figuring it would remain “underground forever.” Now he has fans, a custom area of GTA Forums and a community on Youtube. Despite having a team, Dkluin told me that he is still doing most of the work as the other members of the team only contribute when they can.

https://kotaku.com/the-modders-bringing-a-bunch-of-rockstars-cities-into-g-1827517965

also wheres mention of things like SOL? the mods actual roots. why does it say the initial plan was just for LC & VC? when it was already going to be about other cities from the start especially the Atlanta city (from MC3, my idea I suggested to X-seti back in 2014.)

Damn all the focus is on DKLuin in the article... hardly room for anyone else

Edited by Wakka387

TarRebririon

Wait, how old is Dkluin? I thought he is in his 20s.........

dkluin

I'm 18. Was 14 when I began GTA:UG, and I really just got the idea for Atlantis while watching TWD.

3 hours ago, Wakka387 said:

so is everyone ok with Dkluin take almost all of the credit for this mod while throwing everyone else under the bus?

https://kotaku.com/the-modders-bringing-a-bunch-of-rockstars-cities-into-g-1827517965

also wheres mention of things like SOL? the mods actual roots. why does it say the initial plan was just for LC & VC? when it was already going to be about other cities from the start especially the Atlanta city (from MC3, my idea I suggested to X-seti back in 2014.)

Damn all the focus is on DKLuin in the article... hardly room for anyone else

I actually forwarded my reply to them to the team before sending it and I did mention that there is a team behind the project.

Edited by dkluin

IssamRocks

guys i want your help.when you guys install snapshot 3.3 does your antivirus detect any virus as Trojan:Win32/Occamy.c

or any other virus.if so please notify me and someone who has installed this mod snapshot 3.3 clearly and it is working when you start the game without any crash please tell me how to install this mod as my game crashes when i start the game.

Edited by IssamRocks

aezakmi1992
2 minutes ago, IssamRocks said:

guys i want your help.when you guys install snapshot 3.3 does your antivirus detect any virus as Trojan:Win32/Occamy.c

or any other virus.if so please notify me and someone who has installed this mod snapshot 3.3 clearly and it is working when you start the game without any crash please tell me how to install this mod as my game crashes when i start the game.

Delete your antivirus, It’s usless 

IssamRocks

did you install snapshot 3.3 without any crashes when you start the game

aezakmi1992

did you install snapshot 3.3 without any crashes when you start the game

Yes, have you installed snapshot 3.0 and then 3.3?

AliceTG

Hi,

Regarding UG-MP, will it be kinda like how GTA-MP.CZ did their servers? If that's the case UG-MP would just be absolutely amazing.

What would be even cooler is if you guys worked together with those people at the GTA-MP.CZ and create the best UG-MP experience ever.

And as for version 3.3, gj as always. Looking forward to next release!

IssamRocks

i have no clue,dkluin said i installed everything correctly but my game keeps crashing when i open the game directly.someone help me,before the loading screen came and then it crashed but now the loading screen doesn't even open and the next message i get is ''sir your game has crashed,please check your minidump''.someone help ,dkluin cant find what the issue is so do i,please i really want to play snapshot 3.3.

i am not being rrude but someone please tell me in detail cause i already know that you should install snapshot 3.0 and then 3.3 but i want to know in detail like first you need the base gta san andrease,also you need gta hoodlum,please someone help.

dkluin
8 minutes ago, IssamRocks said:

i have no clue,dkluin said i installed everything correctly but my game keeps crashing when i open the game directly.someone help me,before the loading screen came and then it crashed but now the loading screen doesn't even open and the next message i get is ''sir your game has crashed,please check your minidump''.someone help ,dkluin cant find what the issue is so do i,please i really want to play snapshot 3.3.

I don't really know what causes your issue neither :(

Quick list of questions:

• What operating system are you on? Windows 10? Windows 7?
  • Did you set DEP to 'Turn on for essential Windows programs only'? This is the default setting so touching/changing it to begin with shouldn't be necessary unless you changed it at one point.
  • Do you have the 2017 MSVC++ runtimes? I personally don't think this will affect your issue but you never know...

15 minutes ago, AliceTG said:

Hi,

Regarding UG-MP, will it be kinda like how GTA-MP.CZ did their servers? If that's the case UG-MP would just be absolutely amazing.

What would be even cooler is if you guys worked together with those people at the GTA-MP.CZ and create the best UG-MP experience ever.

And as for version 3.3, gj as always. Looking forward to next release!

I could make the server list something like that on the official website if I wanted to, yes. I'd even be willing to work with their developers if need be.

Edited by dkluin

IssamRocks

windows 7

i have no idea what dep is so abviously i have no idea

again i really dont know what 2017 MSVC++ runtimes is 

i am telling you snapshot 3.2 was hard for me to understand how to install but i managed to install snapshot 3.2 without any errors but this snapshot 3.3 has something bad that prevents me from playing the game but anyways i am going to send you my game.

i am going to send you all my files for this game.please analyse it and then tell me if you can find the issue.also just one more thing.does cleo 4.3.22 has any effect on this mod as i installed this for my normal gta san andreas as i dont know if that is the issue

dkluin

windows 7

i am telling you snapshot 3.2 was hard for me to understand how to install but i managed to install snapshot 3.2 without any errors but this snapshot 3.3 has something bad that prevents me from playing the game but anyways i am going to send you my game.

Installing is simple.

• Make sure you have a 100% clean GTA:SA installation somewhere (meaning no mods are installed) with the 1.0 US HOODLUM crack
  • Download & install Snapshot 3 by extracting the contents of the RAR archive and replacing any file it asks you to
  • Download  & install Snapshot 3.3 in the same way

Mememan
14 minutes ago, IssamRocks said:

windows 7

i am going to send you all my files for this game.please analyse it and then tell me if you can find the issue.also just one more thing.does cleo 4.3.22 has any effect on this mod as i installed this for my normal gta san andreas as i dont know if that is the issue

did you install hoodlum crack after installing GTA UG  snapshot 3.0 and 3.1? if yes try installing hoodlum crack first then install ug after that

And use clean copy of san andreas not just cleo modded 

Edited by Mememan
Remembered something after posting

IssamRocks

i actually installed gta hoodlum crack after i finished installing snapshot 3,3.1,3.3.0.1 and 3.3.0.2.

actually let me try installing gta hoodlum after i install the base game,then i will install gta underground.i don't know if your method will work but let me try as it can be the issue as i installed gta hoodlum everytime after i installed everything else(base game,ug and patches and then hoodlum).

thank you for you suggestion.

dkluin

It doesn't matter in which order you install the patch.

IssamRocks

alright i will try both your guys method.

also i am going to start my game after every installation,like after installing the base game,after snapshot 3,snapshot 3.3 as maybe i can track where it crashes.

hopefully i fix the issue.

IssamRocks

guys these are my four ways i am going to try

1)install gta hoodlum after installing base game.

2) doesn't matter in which order you install the patch.

3)run as administrator

4)start after every installation- base game,after snapshot 3,snapshot 3.3 as maybe i can track where it crashes.

CT1612

For me it worked after downgrading cleo to an older version. That meant that some newer cleo mods were incompatible and after removing them it was fine for me.

BTW I found out that vehfuncs do not seem to conflict with GTA UG. Dkluin, can you verify that? Then it can be set on the list of compatible modifications.

Also, I have no problems with the first person mod. I am also having multiple IMGs bypassing over the custom folder, and no problems with it. Great work!

Really impressive are the VC improvements, it looks much better than it did in 3.2 - only some sidewalks have missing textures (gap between sidewalk and street surface). Thats really a minor critique.

I replaced all lore-friendly cars with real ones, and I found out that cargroups are a little inconsistent, p.e. casual_poor cars in LC do not show up at all. Also, LC has very few traffic for actually being NY. I altered the settings in the popcycle, but it had no effect. Any suggestion?

All in all, the late realease was a good plan. Its really a huge improvement and a great mod. I am now definitely switching over from standard SA to UG when playing freemode.