Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,750 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

dkluin

[WIP|BETA|SA] GTA: Underground - Mod Discussion

GTA: UG poll  

543 members have voted

1. 3. Should Atlantis return?

• Yes, it should return and we should continue working on how it was before it was removed.
    • Yes, it should return but only the slum should stay and the rest should be replaced because of the repetitive city layout
    • No, it shouldn't, instead work on Carcer City and/or Cottonmouth
    • No, it shouldn't. Finish what's on the to do list first.

Ss4gogeta0

You will pun new police :miranda: and new gangs :die: in Atlanta?

had a few Ideas for new gangs based on real atlanta gangs... ;)

dkluin

You will pun new police :miranda: and new gangs :die: in Atlanta?

had a few Ideas for new gangs based on real atlanta gangs... ;)

Share them here if you like :)

I can implement them in.

Atlanta progress update #2 - The real deal.

Time for the real deal. I've made a simple prototype to see how I would like the city to look, now it's time to do the real modelling.

The prototype layout wouldn't look that good ingame after all, and it was just to give everyone a simple basic road layout I would base the city on.

The real deal, will be optimized from start. Maybe some texturing would come in nicely. IgorX would design the buildings, while I would work on a real road layout. Things will be great, and the city will be ready for ingame testing once we've finished the road layout. One more thing, there's a radar map coming too. I'll export one as soon as I've done the texturing. Maybe real-time texturing would work? Every time we've done a new model, we'll texture it right away. Saves us work in the end.

7ab050407782940.jpg 54093d407782943.jpg 4dea87407782945.jpg

Carcer City is here!

I've handed my Atlanta models to IgorX - he'll continue the Atlanta modelling while I will focus on Carcer City as a city.

Red has exported all of the levels, allowing us to merge them together into a city. In exchange for him doing CC levels, I'll port VCS over to PC for him to use in the Stories version.

LCS is pretty much done so far, all there's left to do is fixing up LOD stuff and generics.

Back to Carcer City, screens will be coming soon! :)

Edited by dkluin

Uzzi47

So you have just to covert VCS and Stories version will be ready first before NON-Stories? Good luck at you and your team!!!

Edited by Gangster4Life

dkluin

So you have just to covert VCS and Stories version will be ready first before NON-Stories? Good luck at you and your team!!!

No. After porting it (straight conversion) there are so much issues ready to be fixed.

Take a look at the Stories version video.

And you'll see how far we are now with the mod.

Uzzi47

No. After porting it (straight conversion) there are so much issues ready to be fixed.

I see the video and I see only LCS. And yes., there are so many things to be fixed. For exaple: the roof of the football stadium. Good luck!

edit: Can you post a image with all map progress?

Edited by Gangster4Life

dkluin

I see the video and I see only LCS. And yes., there are so many things to be fixed. For exaple: the roof of the football stadium. Good luck!

Once I got my 16gb extra RAM (giving me a total of 24gb) I could render out a realistic image showing everything we currently have.

Uzzi47

Once I got my 16gb extra RAM (giving me a total of 24gb) I could render out a realistic image showing everything we currently have.I hope you will not install any ENB Graphics cause my PC is s*it.

dkluin

Once I got my 16gb extra RAM (giving me a total of 24gb) I could render out a realistic image showing everything we currently have.I hope you will not install any ENB Graphics cause my PC is s*it.

We won't add anything like that.

No cleo scripts, CLEO will be included though as we want to make sure our mod supports it without any issue.

Right now I've converted all CC levels, took me a day. Time to throw them together and form a city.

EDIT: I've somehow managed to loose the CC level conversions o.O

My HDD is very unorganized as some of you may know, and I can't find anything on it.

Edited by dkluin

Uzzi47

No cleo scripts, CLEO will be included though as we want to make sure our mod supports it without any issue.

Right now I've converted all CC levels, took me a day. Time to throw them together and form a city.

Great! Sounds good. Keep it up!

dkluin

Once I got my 16gb extra RAM (giving me a total of 24gb) I could render out a realistic image showing everything we currently have.
I hope you will not install any ENB Graphics cause my PC is s*it.

Great! Sounds good. Keep it up!

The levels need to be fixed somehow, there are alot of walls, or other obstacles that prevented the MH player to exit the levels. Time to remove these, and then we'll start on filling the space between the levels.

EDIT: Its my birthday :)

Edited by dkluin

Uzzi47

Happy birthday, Dkluin!!!

undertaker fan

Hbd!

SkyHunted

Happy Birthday dkluin , and good luck on those manhunt levels.

dkluin

Thank you all :)

Not Available

I hope I am not too late! :D

Happy Birthday, man! Long live the modder! ;)

dkluin

I hope I am not too late! :D

Happy Birthday, man! Long live the modder! ;)

Thank you :)

Edited by dkluin

universetwisters

Happy birthday, here's some tacky birthday music from your country

dkluin

Happy birthday, here's some tacky birthday music from your country

Well, i've lost the converted manhunt levels, oh well...

Luckily I haven't lost anything important, just 1 day of work..

Time to fix it right away. Converting levels (straight conversion) is not hard, it's the issues we'll have to fix afterwards.

Edited by dkluin

Ss4gogeta0

Happy birthday DK

dkluin

Happy birthday DK

EDIT: Here's some of my CC progress so far.

82a7c0408621301.jpg 7f3cae408621303.jpg 7e137a408621307.jpg 81ef12408621310.jpg

dac15a408621313.jpgc660c1408622252.jpg 59e0a2408622255.jpg 9aa03e408622263.jpg 7a6e48408622269.jpg de5a7f408622272.jpg 152dfe408622277.jpg 35babb408622282.jpg e0ed34408622284.jpg

And there's my mansion :)

3DS Max exports IPL files in quite a funny way, but i'll fix it.

35c468408664854.jpg 6ea0de408664859.jpg 7b0208408664865.jpg a5850d408664873.jpg 86c80d408664886.jpg 7c190e408664898.jpg c88785408664904.jpg ba2b6c408664912.jpg 4550a1408664920.jpg 39a288408664923.jpg cb06e9408664927.jpg 650150408664929.jpg 1832b4408664930.jpg 571fd5408664932.jpg 10a7e4408664936.jpg

Next level: Trainyard. Got it imported into 3ds max by now.

33079f408665010.jpg

Edited by dkluin

Uzzi47

Great! Keep it up, man! I love this mod!

But you're thinking about Bullworth?

Edit: When you will add new missions, you will use DYOM or other?

Edited by Gangster4Life

dkluin

Great! Keep it up, man! I love this mod!

But you're thinking about Bullworth?

Edit: When you will add new missions, you will use DYOM or other?

SCM coding. Also, here's the trainyard:

I haven't added Bullworth yet. IMG Factory 2.0 would probably include Bully IMG support, as well as new features to help me extract the maps.

IMG Factory 1.0 is already available for download, i've used it since february (because Mex needed people to test the tool for him so he could fix bugs faster), mainly to add new maps to Underground.

1cf9ca408675833.jpg 16a5ad408675838.jpg 93fab5408675840.jpg 36f2d6408675850.jpg 594a60408675860.jpg 91de58408675862.jpg cb1a50408675868.jpg dad61a408675871.jpg 32710c408675874.jpg

Edited by dkluin

Uzzi47

Looks AWESOME! You will put both cities (from Manhunt 1 and Manhunt 2)?

dkluin

I confirmed that MH cities will be added in already. Now it's time to pick another level and convert it to SA. Trainyard level is converted - with working collision ingame.

However, when I'm done with all of the levels, I might release a standalone mod with CC-only.

Not Available

I confirmed that MH cities will be added in already. Now it's time to pick another level and convert it to SA. Trainyard level is converted - with working collision ingame.

However, when I'm done with all of the levels, I might release a standalone mod with CC-only.

Yes, plz! XD

Edited by dkluin

dkluin

33e23d408688580.jpg 20d731408689235.jpg

Next level is coming. Zoo 2!

Also, accedently edited your post, sorry.

I undid the changes I made, I tried to add this image because I thought I was editing my own post o.O

Its here! Textures will be fixed though.

3af824408695654.jpg 44aa01408695668.jpg 1381c7408695682.jpg 6add37408695694.jpg

All the levels together:

1172e0408699692.jpg ecd514408699696.jpg 69a93d408699708.jpg 44f8aa408699716.jpg 9703b7408699723.jpg 0e5b58408699727.jpg e8f3af408699731.jpg 8c4851408699736.jpg 5c3a3b408699744.jpg

Lets not forget the train level - it's quite far from the other levels though, going to relocate it at 300, 300.

5159b1408701018.jpg 213231408701027.jpg

Fixed texture issues!

0dedf9408708333.jpg e1a500408708341.jpg 759500408708345.jpg 98836f408708349.jpg b5eab1408708352.jpg 343c4c408708354.jpg 68cd34408708357.jpg

Edited by dkluin

SkyHunted

anyway , do manhunt map have prelights ?

dkluin

anyway , do manhunt map have prelights ?

They do actually. I didn't remove them, the map looks nice with prelightning.

However GTA III looks kinda awful with prelightning...

Also, after converting multiple MH levels, i've noticed something:

The maps look abandoned and some buildings are destroyed. Can anyone give me a brief story behind this? Like, it's either the MH storyline or it's just there to set a theme.

Or simply a reason why some buildings look abandoned/destroyed.

I want the maps to fit in the GTA 3D era storyline, as this mod's story takes place in 2010.

There's a new level conversion: "Der". Don't know the full name for it though.

Here are some screens:

6c9e8d408719673.jpg 9f88c0408719676.jpg c7daab408719680.jpg da9df0408719684.jpg da1ef5408719689.jpg c6a903408719697.jpg

Next up: The junkyard area. Consists of two existing levels. I've combined them into 1 big level ready to be optimized for SA.

I'll split the levels up into 3 parts, a bit of optimization would be done, and we won't hit any engine limits + it'll prevent crashes when we would visit the levels ingame.

1bc287408722639.jpg

Here we go! I've optimized this level even more. This one is pretty much ready to be placed ingame.

192d6d408731812.jpg e01518408731821.jpg 8b4b8d408731836.jpg

Edited by dkluin

SkyHunted

God , that's pretty. anyway , seriously from your screenshot the map looks a bit flat , as if the prelights was removed , but good job.

anyway , its probably just my eyes screwing me

By the way , will you edit the map so it really looks like a city ?

The maps look abandoned and some buildings are destroyed. Can anyone give me a brief story behind this? Like, it's either the MH storyline or it's just there to set a theme.

I want the maps to fit in the GTA 3D era storyline, as this mod's story takes place in 2010.

probably because of this ?

Carcer City is the decayed and high-crime city featured as the main setting of Manhunt. It is depicted as having a dysfunctional and corrupt police force completely in the pocket of Lionel Starkweather and large swaths of neglected and abandoned neighborhoods that have become overrun by violent gangs. Carcer City is an extreme caricature of a Rust Belt city, taking inspiration from places like Camden, New Jersey; Flint and Detroit, Michigan; East St. Louis, Illinois; and Gary, Indiana. It is implied that Carcer City was once a booming industrial center in its past (as evidenced by its large factories and stockyards) before it became crippled by crime and depression.

Edited by SkyHunted

dkluin

God , that's pretty. anyway , seriously from your screenshot the map looks a bit flat , as if the prelights was removed , but good job.

anyway , its probably just my eyes screwing me

By the way , will you edit the map so it really looks like a city ?

probably because of this ?

Carcer City is the decayed and high-crime city featured as the main setting of Manhunt. It is depicted as having a dysfunctional and corrupt police force completely in the pocket of Lionel Starkweather and large swaths of neglected and abandoned neighborhoods that have become overrun by violent gangs. Carcer City is an extreme caricature of a Rust Belt city, taking inspiration from places like Camden, New Jersey; Flint and Detroit, Michigan; East St. Louis, Illinois; and Gary, Indiana. It is implied that Carcer City was once a booming industrial center in its past (as evidenced by its large factories and stockyards) before it became crippled by crime and depression.

Yeah, I will, and thank you :)

Project Update #2

Standalone Carcer City mod!

For everyone who wanted a standalone mod including Carcer City, well later on we'll port it to Underground and we'll blend it in.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/793450-wiptcsa-gta-carcer-city-converting-the-mh-map-to-sa/

Edited by dkluin