3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Blastoise1994

[WIP] BF Cootie (GTA in-universe New Beetle. Thanks to the "create

PhillBellic

Looking great so far. What's the inspiration of that car?

Blastoise1994

VW Corrado. <3

There's some Scirocco there too since both were still being sold as of 1992. (The Scirocco's last year.)

Edited by Blastoise1994

Blastoise1994

lcD3rap.png

I'm pretty sure double posting is frowned upon, but I have another update picture to share.

TheN00ster

It would be very cool if you release those cars...but you never finish them...

Blastoise1994

MrvqmnF.png

I realize this, but I have a job and other responsibilities, so I can't just always be working on mods, plus I only work on what I'm interested in at the moment, otherwise the quality of the end result would suffer. Thankfully, the Corrado has managed to hold onto my interest long enough that I'm closing in on having it completed. (This was the case as of the last picture too, but I saw some defects ingame, scrapped about 60% of the car and redid it.)

Since I finally got a day off today, I made decent progress, IMO. I need to do the interior, damage, long distance model and handling line, then AFAIK I'll be good.

TheN00ster

MrvqmnF.png

I realize this, but I have a job and other responsibilities, so I can't just always be working on mods, plus I only work on what I'm interested in at the moment, otherwise the quality of the end result would suffer. Thankfully, the Corrado has managed to hold onto my interest long enough that I'm closing in on having it completed. (This was the case as of the last picture too, but I saw some defects ingame, scrapped about 60% of the car and redid it.)

Since I finally got a day off today, I made decent progress, IMO. I need to do the interior, damage, long distance model and handling line, then AFAIK I'll be good.

It looks pretty cool IMO! Keep up the good work and sorry about that mate!

Blastoise1994

Hey, no hard feelings man! I know what it's like to be waiting on stuff, it sucks. And thanks!

savidge

holy crap, @Blastoise1994, your work is some of the best I've seen in a long time! I love the attention to detail you take into account when creating your vehicles. someday I want to do the same thing because I want to make a low-poly driving sim game of sorts, lol. keep up the awesome work! I, for one, am very interested in the Corrado and the MR2 so please take your time with them! 😁

Blastoise1994

Thanks a ton, man! A lot of it admittedly is copy/pasted from existing GTA SA vehicles and sort of tweaked around, but I do what I can with what I've got, and I still have lots to learn. I like to think that eventually I'll get good enough that people will swear my cars were always in the game or something. :p

I'd say Universetwisters and Burbalade are easily better than me though if you're looking for quality SA styled cars, and they release more frequently than me as well so be sure to give their topics in the Workshops board a look!

EDIT: And on the note of the low-poly driving sim game, I've had similar ideas before! Like, transforming San Andreas into a sort of Forza Horizon-like game... One of my sort of longer-surviving ideas was an SA mod meant to function as a stand-alone game set in the late 90s/early 00s, sort of a rip on the earlier FNF movies in the same way VC was a rip on Scarface. Sadly, I don't know if I'll ever be able to create that, especially since it would require development of a far more intensive car tuning system, like actual performance upgrades, different paint types and rim sizes, stuff like that, plus I would have to create like at least fourty period correct cars for it to work, and I only really have one done. (The Cootie/Beetle, and I need to fix a lot on that and re-release it some time. Maybe after the Corrado, depends on whether or not the MR2 grabs my attention first.)

Edited by Blastoise1994

PhillBellic

Blastoise, take your time. I'm sure the finished cars will look good.

savidge

Thanks a ton, man!

EDIT: And on the note of the low-poly driving sim game...

no worries, buddy! I don't know what it is about low-poly vehicles that I love so much, though. maybe it's because one has to be pretty talented in order for it to match with the other cars in (in this case) San Andreas' atmosphere. ultra-HD cars never really interested me, haha.

also, that idea you had sounds awesome! I can imagine all the street races... however the ideal game I would hopefully end up making (albeit in many years to come, lol) would be similar in style to Team Soho's The Getaway titles, where there's a huge low(ish)-poly city to explore in vehicles. 😃

EDIT: I digress. take as much time as you need with your upcoming vehicles, mate. I'd rather wait a longer time for a really refined and better quality vehicle than wait a shorter amount of time for a haphazard and broken one.

Edited by SergeantSavidge

universetwisters

I'd say Universetwisters and Burbalade are easily better than me

LiesDamnedLies.jpg

I haven't made anything entirely from scratch though, so don't put yourself down. Keep on trucking at it :^:

Blastoise1994

New screenshots! Ingame, needs damage parts, some tuning dummies fixed, wheel dummies fixed, windshield material fixed and then it needs a distance model and a shadow. (Pretty sure the reason it looks weird and shimmery is because it's got the Club's shadow right now.) Definitely in the home stretch here! Any suggestions on changes anyone wants to see? I'm pretty indecisive on the wheels too, lol.

sqEvJQ4.png

aiBdTAB.png

PhillBellic - Thanks man! The upside of it all is, I'll only get faster with practice. I have loooots of ideas, so if I ever get to the point where I can churn out a car in a single afternoon... Well... :p

SergeantSavidge - Honestly, I think it's a similar appeal to 8-bit or 16-bit graphics. Not hating on the high-poly guys, some of that stuff is REALLY impressive! (I remember an HD Buffalo that would be really nice in GTA V, tbh)

If I ever get to the right level of talent I'll definitely give my "Midnight Club: Los Santos" (Though it wouldn't be set in LS probably. :p) idea a go! I'd like to do it without using CLEO though, while a lot of that stuff is pretty interesting and creative, I want it to function like something you could go to the store and buy circa 2004. Maybe some day I'll post up some of the radio station ideas I have... Though they keep changing since the year keeps changing. :p

Universetwisters - Even then, your stuff is top quality IMO! I especially like the Rennt, little weird cars are my favorites. Eventually I'd like to build a Saturn SL1 (And maybe a few Geos... :p) for San Andreas, so seeing period correct Euro-GM is pretty inspiring! (Also FTR, a lot of this car was nabbed straight up from existing GTA cars, the engine is ripped from the Vincent, most of the interior, radiator and exhaust from the Club, sides and fender flares also from the Vincent.) I'll definitely keep goin' as long as possible! I kind of want to get into character and map modding as well eventually, I was going to try to create a sort of ingame "author avatar" so I could make a release video for the Corrado (Still no name lol) but gave up when I realized I have no idea how to make textures. -w-

EDIT: I sure do ":P" a lot.

Edited by Blastoise1994

universetwisters

That's funny because I consider the Rennt one of my second worst things, first worst being the Makina (considering how f*cking broken the materials and everything were, shame I released it to begin with). But yeah, as far as the vehicle itself goes, I'd move the wheels in so they aren't sticking awkwardly out like that.

Author avatar? You could probably take a ped from SA and edit around it's textures. It's always good to start with edits and the likes before you get the courage/confidence/skill to do your own thing from scratch. And screw Midnight Club LS, if you wanna do map mods, and you keep making German stuff, you get what I'm getting at.

Blastoise1994

Hmm... GTA set in Europe? I'm envisioning sort of a San Andreas setup with three or more cities. England, France and Germany maybe? Those are sort of the big three, then maybe a little bit of Italy. The illusion of distance is given by driving into a sort of "out of bounds" marker that gives a "fast travel" menu and then initiates a cutscene, allowing you to "drive" to the other towns/countries. (If I could have the entire "in-between" modeled too then I would, but this way we could save on map space and squeeze more landmass into it.) I actually spoke with a friend of mine who's into GTA about doing a late 70s/early 80s one, sort of a 3D era version of London '69, just with Abba and hatchbacks. :p

As for the ped editing, I've been kind of trying and I have about 60% of the model (body without a head lol) modeled in Sketchup, it's just I can't do the pedestrian textures too well yet. I'm a little surprised theres' no tutorial for that anywhere yet.

Edited by Blastoise1994

universetwisters

Nah man, f*ck everywhere but Germany. Deutsch master race.

As far as the ped textures go, again, just look at how the texture looks in Photoshop and either edit it from there or make a new, similar one and map the texture on it.

Blastoise1994

The thing about ped textures is they're almost skin tone, but they're like, drawn... Plus they do the typical 3D game thing where it's like, a weird panoramic shot of the face. (Continuous flow from nose to side of head) Maybe I'll just settle now for "close enough". :p

savidge

Any suggestions on changes anyone wants to see? I'm pretty indecisive on the wheels too, lol.

looking gooood! I love how it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in terms of polys and doesn't include anything from higher-poly titles (I've seen plenty of amazing low-poly cars ruined (IMO 😅) in the past because they have GTA IV wheels or an HD engine or interior, haha). perhaps you could position the wheels a bit more inwards like UT suggested to avoid that "VAG stanced" look (unless that's what you're going for, of course). perhaps even adding a little spoiler as an extra or adding some fog lights onto the front bumper could make it look better. ultimately your decision, though. 😊 Edited by SergeantSavidge

Blastoise1994

Thanks man! I should see how many polies it has compared to a similar car. (Probably the Uranus and Blista Compact.) Funny enough, I was thinking about adding a little Audi Coupe flavor into the mix...

1990-s2-coupe-13.jpg

Yeah, I know what that's like on the SA cars with IV stuff tacked on, I recall, in particular, a Stratum sedan I really wanted to use, but it had goofy tuner lights and a IV interior.

savidge

Thanks man! [...]

you're welcome, dude! and that Audi could work brilliantly if you fused them together so you'd have some elements of that and some of the Corrado. it would also make it a more unique vehicle too, come to think about it. oh BTW, are you planning on adding SA plates?

Jeansowaty

You have just murdered me with this car, thanks a lot bro! XD it looks very very nice, can't wait to drive it. Seeing as you can make cars like this (yes, again my fanboyism), try this one, I've never seen this in SA style :p

PL_fiat_126p.jpg154593909497c194ed5943-869710-wm.jpg

Traditionally I can help with textures, if needed. Really, seeing my own car in SA style would be something badass :p

Blastoise1994

Thanks man! [...]

you're welcome, dude! and that Audi could work brilliantly if you fused them together so you'd have some elements of that and some of the Corrado. it would also make it a more unique vehicle too, come to think about it. oh BTW, are you planning on adding SA plates?

Yeah! Thinking about trying to nab the bumpers off the Audi, and maybe the spoiler but it wouldn't work with those angular rear windows, I don't think.The taillights are already pretty much there. :p

You have just murdered me with this car, thanks a lot bro! XD it looks very very nice, can't wait to drive it. Seeing as you can make cars like this (yes, again my fanboyism), try this one, I've never seen this in SA style :p

PL_fiat_126p.jpg154593909497c194ed5943-869710-wm.jpg

Traditionally I can help with textures, if needed. Really, seeing my own car in SA style would be something badass :p

Ooh, 126P! I think there was one in the Myriad Islands mod, but it was pretty old and built to Vice City spec and not San Andreas... I'll definitely put it on the long list. Actually, it'd be pretty easy to make I think, lots of bits off of the industrial trucks shrunk down.

Jeansowaty

Haha, thanks man! That would be something great. Imagine tuning it to a real gangsta ride hehe. The Audi tho, hm, you could inspire yourself a bit on the Sindacco Argento, it's an Audi too.

Blastoise1994

Hey guys, figured I should probably clarify something, I haven't finished the Corrado yet and I promise I'm not just being lazy, there's an actual reason.

We've been having some f*cking crazy weather here in Texas as of late, and my roommate's boyfriend's parents apartment flooded, so they had to move in here... In a two bedroom apartment already populated by four guys. Considering the fact that I sleep in what's basically the living room, I've had almost zero privacy and my sleep schedule (I swear there's a method to the madness) has been ruined because they have this f*cking stupid chihuahua and it keeps pissing and sh*tting everywhere and whining when it doesn't get attention. It's only the second day and I'm trying really hard to be kind and considerate and sh*t, I mean, these people are technically homeless for the time being, but I really hope they find a new place soon because ever since they started staying here my mood has been about twenty points south of f*cked and I haven't felt like doing jack sh*t. I was really hoping I would have the car ready to release by today since it's my day off. :/

EDIT: And I apparently had tomorrow off too, but the new hire quit and I had to take over her shift.

Edited by Blastoise1994

Facepalm38

has been ruined because they have this f*cking stupid chihuahua and it keeps pissing and sh*tting everywhere and whining when it doesn't get attention.

Pull of a GTA to that motherf*cker. Chihuahuas deserve nothing but death. Get in your car, run it over, and get done. I f*cking hate those sh*ts.

savidge

hang in there, mister Blastoise. hopefully your friends will have their apartment back ASAP. 😄

Blastoise1994

Quick update, they're still here but they're looking, the chihuahua is surprisingly tolerable, the rat terrier is the one that's annoying as hell. I've been trying to get back into the groove of modding, so I've been experimenting with various ideas (like using CTW models and trying to upgrade them to SA spec, more on that later!) and I whipped this chunk (about 1/4 of a shell) of a particular car up in about a half hour's time. Anyone care to guess what this is gonna' be? Hints, cheap 90s and teal. :p

IudG1A8.png

For anyone tired of waiting, I'm willing to upload a beta of the Corrado if there's demand. Sorry for not finishing sh*t. @[email protected];

Edited by Blastoise1994

Jeansowaty

FIAT126 O_o first thing that came to my mind seeing this shape and that the one in my siggy is teal too :p

Blastoise1994

Oh, uhh... Now I feel like I'm being a disappointment. ;w;

h6tBjF0.png

To folks in the US, this is a 1992 Geo Metro. (So far its GTA name is "Tera Traveler", but that's subject to change.) To anyone outside the US, this is a 1992 Suzuki Swift. I know it's a weird car to hype over, an even weirder car to want to eventually own, but I think bizarre little "disposable" utilitarian hatchbacks like this are some of the coolest cars on the road. (I think I'd prefer the second gen's styling though, tbh.) I'd love to own a 126 too, and a Honda Z, and so on. :p

Edited by Blastoise1994

Jeansowaty

I f*cking love you man, no homo here, obviously XD It looks very nice and I like the idea of using a new shape for the headlights. Keep up the good work man!