1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Blastoise1994

[WIP] BF Cootie (GTA in-universe New Beetle. Thanks to the "create

Jeansowaty

Actually, they're not .dae! The process went like this:

Sketchup -> .3ds -> Blender -> .3ds -> ZModeler 2 -> .dff

The reason I exported from Blender is that regular Sketchup .3ds files give an "out of memory" error.

Oh... okay. I got some cool BETA LCS cars in Sketchup format and I didn't know how to do this.

Blastoise1994

q2papoS.png

Just so you guys know I didn't abandon the project or whatever, here's a screenshot of what I have right now. To explain, when I tried to scale down the entire model in ZModeler, everything got screwed up and I had to start over from the original Sketchup model. After this one, I don't know if I'm going to be doing another scratch made model for a long while because it's been cutting into my schedule pretty hard, all I've thought about at work this week was "I've gotta' finish my model!". I might try to convert III and VC cars up to SA spec though. (Retexturing, 3D engines,etc...)

EDIT:

tgvqdBT.png

More progress! Still a WIP, missing the steering wheel, gotta' fix some dummies and make damaged parts and all that. Seats probably won't be plaid in the release, at least not on the "base model".

EDIT 2: Releasing this tonight because I can, and because I decided to change a little bit about the main body of the car. (Less wide in general, mainly.) Enjoy, I suppose! :p

http://www.filedropper.com/cootiebeta

Edited by Blastoise1994

Blastoise1994

Another double I guess! Just a quick screenshot of the current state of this mod. Working on the "base model" first, which will be followed up with a mid-range model, a sport model and eventually a release that will be essentially the mid-range model with tuning parts to turn it into the sport model VIA the tuning shop. The main body is pmuch complete, but I still need to handle some stuff under the engine lid (Copypasted in the Camper's engine, so I'm going to put in a shallow "trunk", or perhaps even a full hatch? What would you guys like more?) and figure out how to solve the issue with the glass bits (Windshield is too dark, other windows look alright but things become invisible behind them.)

v2LEgdc.png

I might, once I finish cleaning this one up VISUALLY, just release it without damage bits and wait for the "midrange" model to add those.

Edgrd

Looks great , i think i'll take it for a spin.

Blastoise1994

vUPQp6l.png

Releasing the sport version now. This will probably be the last update on THIS project for a little while, I've been neglecting my IRL needs and focusing way too much on it. Click on the picture for the download link. No extras, damage and stock SA tuning included. (Dummies copied from Club)

I'll keep working on it if the demand is high enough, or if people can say specific things they want added or whatever.

Blastoise1994

Not sure if this counts as an update or not, but tl;dr my roommate is pissed off at me for being on my computer when I have free time and I'm going dark for a while. If anyone wants to host my car or any alterations of it on their site or any other site, be my guest. Hopefully some day I can afford the luxury of doing what I enjoy again. Peace, or whatever.

Edgrd

Not sure if this counts as an update or not, but tl;dr my roommate is pissed off at me for being on my computer when I have free time and I'm going dark for a while. If anyone wants to host my car or any alterations of it on their site or any other site, be my guest. Hopefully some day I can afford the luxury of doing what I enjoy again. Peace, or whatever.

such sad , you're gone when the progress was going so well...

NYXIdT

Releasing the sport version now. This will probably be the last update on THIS project for a little while, I've been neglecting my IRL needs and focusing way too much on it. Click on the picture for the download link. No extras, damage and stock SA tuning included. (Dummies copied from Club)

I'll keep working on it if the demand is high enough, or if people can say specific things they want added or whatever.

Hey I really like this, nice work. Only thing that's missing is LOD, and also camera is messed up, positioned way too high when you're in the car, making it pretty much unusable atm. Just a finishing touch and it will be great. :^:

Timjab

Give me the download Link with Private Message ;3

Blastoise1994

Hey guys! I'm not dead! :p

I decided to attempt San Andreas-izing some cars from III and Vice City, so here's the Blista minivan! It's obviously not finished, far from it, this is just sort of the prototype shown in GGMM. I'm starting with the xBox versions of the vehicles, modifying them to SA spec in Sketchup (They have a lot of useless polygons, actually! Lots of sort of bumpy areas that can be smoothed for a better look.)

Anyways, here's the picture!

sfg2qWe.png

I'll have to reupload the Cootie to a more permenant file sharing source sometime, but I'd like to maybe fix some things with it first, the point where the door meets the body is WAY too sharp and you can still see remnants of the old rear window shape if you hit it at just the right angle. But yeah, that's all for now!

Edgrd

Yay , more news !

universetwisters

YES The Blista! Finally, a proper minivan that's much better than the Moonbeam. Hopefully you keep on this.

PhillBellic

Looking good.

Blastoise1994

Thanks guys! And yeah, I'm gonna' keep at it but I have a bad habit of starting projects and sort of working on different ones as interests change. I'll go ahead and spoil one of three I'm working on currently: the Majestic from San Andreas converted down to Vice City spec and dressed up as a Regal T-Type/Grand National. :p

But can anyone tell me what this monstrosity is supposed to be?

tvy1Ya0.png

I'm so tired right now. ;w;

Edited by Blastoise1994

Jeansowaty

Doesn't sound bad man, I'd add that Blista.

Testarossa

Looks like a mix of a Toyota MR2 and a Fiat X1/9

Blastoise1994

Update on the Fiat!

1omZUy2.png

2nm3Coz.png

- New rear end from Cheetah

- Pop-up headlights seperated from hood, like Cheetah

- Interior modeled, mostly just snatched off the Manana

Sorry for the sh*tty angles, Sketchup is bad about that because GTA cars are stored vertically. @[email protected];

Facepalm38

Nice! Your cars look amazing. And it's nice to finally have a 2 door sports car that isn't a supercar.

Facepalm38

Any progress on the Fiat? I'm quite interested in it. Also a suggestion, add a two tone paintjob as an option.

Blastoise1994

Sorry man, no progress, I got caught up working on something else for a little bit, but I'll probably get around to finishing it up eventually! As it sits, I'd peg it at about 60% complete. I was originally going to have an MR2 styled 2-tone, with the bumpers and lower half of the body being the second color, but I never got around to adding that. I honestly think I should probably add some detail to the bumpers as well... It's kinda' flat for an SA car.

I can't tell you what I'm working on, because I worry if I do, I'll lose interest in that too and then it'll just turn into a cycle. That's what happened with the Fiat, the Blista and the Grand National. @[email protected];

sharpie_eastern

I promise there is an easier conversion method. Want help?

Jeansowaty

I like the Fiat. I dunno why, but those generic cars are always the best for me. Would enjoy driving this beast around the Asian areas of San Andreas :D

Blastoise1994

I promise there is an easier conversion method. Want help?

Perhaps! I'd say first, lemme' do a little step-by-step on how I currently do things so you have the whole picture. It might take me a bit, I don't get another day off until next Thursday. @[email protected];

I like the Fiat. I dunno why, but those generic cars are always the best for me. Would enjoy driving this beast around the Asian areas of San Andreas :D

Thanks man! It's not really generic though, it does have IRL influences! Front is a lot of Triumph TR7, middle is mainly Fiat X1/9, back-end is Toyota MR2... Though, something you might find interesting, the front end was actually ripped off of the Burrito, then stretched, and the bumpers are modeled after the ones on the Sentinel of Vice City, the roofline and doors are from the Washington.

Edited by Blastoise1994

Jeansowaty

Woah man! I meant with generic that cars like this don't have any real oldschool feel and they are not that sporty... I should have said average, lol :p It looks good and you really have tallent for those, they fit SA's style. I can help you with textures if needed, like the wheels, interior changes etc. ;)

Blastoise1994

Running late for work, but when I get home I'll post up a screenshot! Made a bit of progress. TTYL!

EDIT: And I'm home!

TxQPOaX.png

Kind of a crappy shot, but to be fair it's just to give an idea of how I've progressed. Shortened the rear-end, 2-toned, added some definition to the 2-tone part (mostly stolen from Blista Compact). I'll probably redesign the rear-end eventually, the Cheetah's indented rear-end doesn't work well here.

Also, a pic of the car that will never be released because I forgot to hit save. Consider it a concept? Lots of Mitsubishi Starion here. ;w;

Bf7qlWr.png

TbhDNUY.png

EDIT 2: Am I far enough along yet that I should start a workshop thread, or no?

Edited by Blastoise1994

Facepalm38

Start.

A.

Workshop.

Thread.

universetwisters

Start.

A.

Workshop.

Thread.

G2gJNr3.png

Facepalm38

I was thinking of changing it so it looks like SWAT but then I said nah.

PhillBellic

Start.

A.

Workshop.

Thread.

G2gJNr3.png

Those Boxvilles are everywhere in the US, aren't they. :)

Blastoise1994

Holding off on the workshop thread until I actually realease at least one more car, so have a preview pic of something I've been keeping under wraps, because I'm feeling confident tonight. :p

U60Fazg.png

Obviously incomplete, that's just most of the outer shell converted over for testing purposes.