3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

INDEPENDENCE FM

LightningLord

You have to create a new playlist in your phone's music app. The playlist needs to be called GTA then you can add any songs into that playlist. Once that's done, make sure to go to the audio settings of the game to make your preferred radio station as Independence FM.

• Like 1

You have to create a new playlist in your phone's music app. The playlist needs to be called GTA then you can add any songs into that playlist. Once that's done, make sure to go to the audio settings of the game to make your preferred radio station as Independence FM.

It doesn't work.

Which music app you're using? Make sure you're using the stock music app that came with phone and not google music.

Stock music app? That's what I'm using. Edited by LightningLord411

Which music app you're using? Make sure you're using the stock music app that came with phone and not google music.

Stock music app? That's what I'm using.

Yeah, the stock music app. When you created the new playlist did you renamed it to GTA before adding the songs?

Edit: Check out this link https://illage3.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/how-to-putting-ipod-music-on-gta-china-town-wars/to give you some sort of idea how this thing works. Heads up, this is for the iPhone version, but it will work the same way and you'll get the gesture of how this thing works.

Good luck.

Edited by MeltedSOX

Yeah, the stock music app. When you created the new playlist did you renamed it to GTA before adding the songs?

Edit: Check out this link https://illage3.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/how-to-putting-ipod-music-on-gta-china-town-wars/to give you some sort of idea how this thing works. Heads up, this is for the iPhone version, but it will work the same way and you'll get the gesture of how this thing works.

Good luck.

I tried the steps and Independence FM doesn't appear in the Music Player menu.

Good luck.

Best thing to do is contact Rockstar support. It could be a bug in the game. Did you try having your files mp3?

Good luck.

Best thing to do is contact Rockstar support. It could be a bug in the game. Did you try having your files mp3?

Yes.

Yes.

Okay. Sorry to inform you, I cannot further assist you. I've tried my best. Please submit a ticket here: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or, if you have twitter, send a tweet @RockstarSupport so they can further assist you.

Best of luck.

Ok. Thanks.
  • 1 month later...

It's not working here on my Android device either. I used my stock music app to create a playlist of some MP3 tracks called "GTA", but when I go to settings, Independence FM does not show up there, only on pause menu while inside a car. Does it work for you? BTW, my device is an LG Optimus G E977 running KitKat 4.4.2. Did the studio port this feature to Android at all?

that sucks... when you create a playlist named GTA there is an Independence FM but there's no music playing

and the only way to see it is to change the station through the pause menu during gameplay

Edited by Big Danny K

Yup. I am not sure how DS and PSP are, but on Android/iOS, you only can change the radio from the Pause Button, I believe. Same with Guns. It's actually really f*cking annoying...

I got used to it, though.

• 2 weeks later...

The Android version doesn't support custom soundtrack? Then why is Independence FM there in the first place?

Still. Getting an Android version without a working Independence FM is better than being left in the dust!

• Like 1

The normal Radio Stations are good enough, tbh. And exactly. Having CTW released on Android/iOS is how I finally got the game and got to 100%. If they were never released for these Mobile Devices, I would of never been able to play it and this game is one of the best...

• 5 years later...
Wateryninja2006
On 2/13/2015 at 5:53 AM, LightningLord said:

Okay. Sorry to inform you, I cannot further assist you. I've tried my best. Please submit a ticket here: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or, if you have twitter, send a tweet @RockstarSupport so they can further assist you.

Best of luck.

Ok. Thanks.

You know what I do? I download ZArchiever, I open my music folder, I make my own folder in it and rename it and I download .mp3 songs to put in the file. Try that if you have Android. It won’t work on iOS but iOS is simple though because I have GTA: SA on my iPhone and I made a Apple Music folder that says GTASA and it works but you have to reload the game in order for the custom GTA: SA playlist to work.