2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Journey_95

How would Ballad of Gay Tony be if Rockstar made it more like..

B Dawg

How TBOGT looks like:

6317-gta-iv-tbogt.jpg

How it should have looked like:

MmR8H9U.jpg

I was playing Drug Wars again, playing as Packie with Niko as a bodyguard, flying a helicopter in the morning time. The f*cking sky was so pink and the water reflections were so f*cking pink as well I had to f*cking change it! I couldn't take looking at such awful colors anymore! Fifty shades of grey and yellow will always look good, pink on the other hand, never will! Turns out it was as simple as getting IV's timecyc and visualsettings and copying em over to TBOGT, while the HUD needed copying over hud.dat and hudcolor.dat, while the radar required changing HUD_COLOUR_STAR (health), STARLIGHT (armor) and STARDARK (critical health) to be equivalent of Green, Blue and Red inside hudcolor.dat respectively along with copying the radar textures from IV to get rid of the pink hue over the radar.

I might mess with the mission/activity blips as well and then upload the whole thing for all people to enjoy, because nobody else ever bothered to.

"Let's see what's fixed. Sky and water colors? Check. Cash, ammo and street name colors? Check. Radar color? Big ♥♥♥♥ing check!"

Edited by B Dawg

PhillBellic

Did you also change the 'timecyc.dat' files?

B Dawg

Nope. Just copy IV's timecyc.dat from pc/data to TBOGT/pc/data and IV's visualsettings from common/data to TBOGT/common/data, that's it. Pretty simple. Going to do black&white conversions of blips.

Edited by B Dawg

UshaB

Yo B Dawg I got a present for you!!! :D

BAM!!!

COLOURS, COLOURS

EVERYWHERE!!!

34.jpg?new

Utr6YQ7y7aH6wx5bZN3YbzghISTOTyEeQIC947Zt

Edited by UshaB

PhillBellic

Nope. Just copy IV's timecyc.dat from pc/data to TBOGT/pc/data and IV's visualsettings from common/data to TBOGT/common/data, that's it. Pretty simple. Going to do black&white conversions of blips.

That's what I meant. ;)

B Dawg

Yo B Dawg I got a present for you!!! :D

BAM!!!

COLOURS, COLOURS

EVERYWHERE!!!

34.jpg?new

Utr6YQ7y7aH6wx5bZN3YbzghISTOTyEeQIC947Zt

I got something too. Niko and Johnny are partying!

Y2BYeBf.jpg

Karls

How TBOGT looks like:

6317-gta-iv-tbogt.jpg

How it should have looked like:

MmR8H9U.jpg

I was playing Drug Wars again, playing as Packie with Niko as a bodyguard, flying a helicopter in the morning time. The f*cking sky was so pink and the water reflections were so f*cking pink as well I had to f*cking change it! I couldn't take looking at such awful colors anymore! Fifty shades of grey and yellow will always look good, pink on the other hand, never will! Turns out it was as simple as getting IV's timecyc and visualsettings and copying em over to TBOGT, while the HUD needed copying over hud.dat and hudcolor.dat, while the radar required changing HUD_COLOUR_STAR (health), STARLIGHT (armor) and STARDARK (critical health) to be equivalent of Green, Blue and Red inside hudcolor.dat respectively along with copying the radar textures from IV to get rid of the pink hue over the radar.

I might mess with the mission/activity blips as well and then upload the whole thing for all people to enjoy, because nobody else ever bothered to.

"Let's see what's fixed. Sky and water colors? Check. Cash, ammo and street name colors? Check. Radar color? Big ♥♥♥♥ing check!"

You could also make the Drugs, Booty Call and all them side mission icons B/W, so it fits more in. :)

B Dawg

Well I've made all the blips from pink into red instead of gray. Red indicating how negative all the contacts are :p Though I might do a gray version too (actually the grey is too dark and not sure how to make it purely Black & White with IrfanView without messing up the borders).

Not sure what to call my mod collection/package, Ballad Of Straight Luis? Gay Vision Remover? Luis's Gay Struggle?

Edited by B Dawg

Karls

Well I've made all the blips from pink into red instead of gray. Red indicating how negative all the contacts are :p Though I might do a gray version too (actually the grey is too dark and not sure how to make it purely Black & White with IrfanView without messing up the borders).

Not sure what to call my mod collection/package, Ballad Of Straight Luis? Gay Vision Remover? Luis's Gay Struggle?

What about: The Ballad of Straight Tony (Enhanced HUD, TimeCyc and VIsualSet.)

Or something like that. I really like the "straight" names.

B Dawg

Sure I'll go with that, and add in a bit of optional extras I like to use too.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Let me guess:

1. Larger role of the drug business, and smaller role of the nightclubs (which would increase Armando's and Henrique's roles).
  2. Making the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers friendly towards Luis, with the ability to call them for backup (according to the game's script, backup system was going to be present in TBoGT, as in IV and TLaD).
  3. Making Yusuf Amir a serious businessman, as was mentioned in vanilla.
  4. Relationships with Elizabeta, due to the drug business (either a friend or a rival).
  5. Less over-the-top missions (if they planned to add them originally).
  6. Well written characters.
  7. Either bigger rivalry with Bulgarin, getting to kill Rocco, or setting any other antagonist (maybe the Ancelotti's don, or whoever else).
  8. Getting a close character of Luis to die by the end of the story, like in IV (Kate/Roman) and TLaD (James). He could've been Tony or Armando.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

The Rockstar Gamer 108
Posted (edited)

TB0GT is PERFECT. If we see more deeply, and refer th the MAIN 3D Trilogy,

GTA 4 is similar to San Andreas. More interiors, more features, clothing, more diverse places, peds and areas, and more Missions.

tLaD is similar to GTA 3. Dull, depressive, no featues, less missions, everything less.

TBOGT is like Vice City. Goof missions, outfits, mediocre features, good atmosphere etc.

According to the people (I am talking about the whole world),

San Andreas > Vice City  > GTA III

=> GTA IV > TBOGT > tLaD

Thus, TBOGT is the best in the trilogy after GTA IV (Proved).

Since TBOGT is the 2nd best, everything in TBOGT is good, that's why people love it.

Edited by The Rockstar Gamer 108

CavalcadeFan
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Rockstar Gamer 108 said:

TB0GT is PERFECT. If we see more deeply, and refer th the MAIN 3D Trilogy,

GTA 4 is similar to San Andreas. More interiors, more features, clothing, more diverse places, peds and areas, and more Missions.

tLaD is similar to GTA 3. Dull, depressive, no featues, less missions, everything less.

TBOGT is like Vice City. Goof missions, outfits, mediocre features, good atmosphere etc.

According to the people (I am talking about the whole world),

San Andreas > Vice City  > GTA III

=> GTA IV > TBOGT > tLaD

Thus, TBOGT is the best in the trilogy after GTA IV (Proved).

Since TBOGT is the 2nd best, everything in TBOGT is good, that's why people love it.

Were you hanging out in those crappy forums called IGN and Gamespot? Its bullsh*t how GTA 3 is better than GTA 4 in general when in reality, every true GTA player knows GTA 4 is the better game. Next thing you're gonna say is that GTA 5 is the 2nd best GTA game ever behind SA.

Edited by CavalcadeFan
Spelled bettet instead of better