Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,343 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The_Yakuza

The Yakuza

Audi

Stop hating on the ps4 you scrubs

It makes for a fantastic door stop

edit new page n sh*t

Edited by Audi

Madhatter

Oh hush it

Audi

Oh hush it

Once you play Siege on keyboard with a mouse and 100+ fps, man there is no going back.

Plus text chat

OiXNXrE.jpg

Coin

Downloaded a mod that removes the drain from fusion cores whilst using power armor and then started a new save. Because I can't resist getting my spess mehreen on

warhammer-40k-space-marine-o.gif

Ghouls. Super Mutants. Synths. Raiders. All shall die.

7QO8V.gif

Edited by JZFB

Ruin

I am Sad.

DLNIZiU.jpg

SeroH

Hi Sad

Audi

You'll be aight

We all knew, just didn't want to believe.

Ruin

Hi Sad

Why you gotta play me like that?

SeroH

Hi Sad

Why you gotta play me like that?

QbvQ_f-maxage-0.gif

Coin

Some screenies from my fallout 4 spess mehreen playthrough

findin the goodies

bSGq15u.jpg

XleJCe5.jpg

Slapping on a paint job and mods

rYQtKz5.jpg

Found the relic set, gave the old one to Curie

TdV81is.jpg

NveyZvx.jpg

Audi

What a strange looking game

Ruin

You are obsolete.

Ermac

witness my greatness

Audi

Found KZ and his family

9VXf3xr.jpg

Edited by Audi

Johan

Hi

Audi

AMhTvqK.jpg

f*cking asshole was spamming frag grenades in that tiny circle from behind me, while the other guy sprinted towards me from the front. This should of been my first chicken dinner ffs.

putersmash.gif

Edited by Audi

Ermac

prone nerf when

Audi

RIP

SeroH

I like your signature, Ermac :)

Ruin

RIP

Tell God to go get his f*cking shinebox. :(

Audi

Indeed that motherf*cking mutt will be missed

Tried to do some Siege with Coin last night since pub was dragging ass on servers. Surprised ping wasn't an issue until the end. <<276ms>> :MonkaS:

PEn0qie.jpg

Then ran solo. Top fragging and still lose turrible

E80G2KC.jpg

Audi

ABOUT DAMN TIME

KpBs57P.jpg

Coin

You've earned the first usage of this gif in the thread

92bXdAY.gif

YA BOY DIRT

ABOUT DAMN TIME

KpBs57P.jpg

ZX6RArV.pngqkYy5pR.gif

Ruin

That clap is strangely unsettling.

xVxmSOW.png

Ruin

This is new. Floated right out of the map...

n1Z2xoW.png

Edited by Ruin

V4S

I just got Dead by Daylight as a free trial for the weekend, been wanting to play this game for awhile but upon playing this free trial I keep getting wrecked and die within 5mins. Other than "git gud" is there any solid advice you guys can offer?

Audi

Now that I popped that chicken dinner cherry maybe I'll stop choking in squads and actually be of use other then bait/cannon fodder lol

I just got Dead by Daylight as a free trial for the weekend, been wanting to play this game for awhile but upon playing this free trial I keep getting wrecked and die within 5mins. Other than "git gud" is there any solid advice you guys can offer?

I just got it this weekend as well but haven't had time to try it out.

Ermac

running leaves scratchmarks that only the killer can see which shows the general area where you ran/are running, minimize sprinting around unless you are sure of the killers location

look behind you when being chased when you can. a lot of killers will attempt to cut corners in a chase and head you off and if you're aware of their movements you can use that to your advantage and lose them.

pallets and windows are your main tools to keep distance between you and the killer, it's hard to explain when and when not to use a pallet correctly in a concise manner but i implore you to not waste pallets in chases. basically, when you use a pallet you should be preventing yourself from an otherwise unavoidable hit. don't just throw them down at a whim because you're being chased.

use this site to get used to skill checks if you need to, there is an audio cue that plays before they pop up so once you get used to that you'll practically never miss a skill check again

90% of the time attempting escape from the hook is ill advised, you will speed up your death which will lessen the opportunity for your teammates to save you. just hang tight and pray to whatever deity suits you (preferably Based God)

refer to this diagram for how windows work when fast vaulting them (i.e. vaulting a window while sprinting)

FZvxoIm.png

sometimes you have to let teammates die in order to ensure your survival

exit gates aren't your only means of escape, you can also get out via the hatch, which only opens when there is one survivor remaining or when a dull/skeleton key is used on it. the hatch appears on the map only when the amount of generators completed is greater than the amount of survivors alive by one i.e.

5 Generators complete/4 survivors alive = hatch spawns (and the gates are able to be opened at that point)

4 Generators complete/3 survivors alive = hatch spawns

3 Generators complete/2 survivors alive = hatch spawns

2 Generators complete/1 survivor alive = hatch spawns

it makes an audible wooshing noise when it is open, so keep an ear out for it if you're the last one alive

that's all i got rn in terms of beginner stuff

Edited by Ermac

Ruin

hqdefault.jpg

RULE 1: DON'T BECOME IMMERSED. There's nothing worse than a survivor who spends all game hiding and being useless. Much like PUBG, if you die, you can instantly re-queue and there's no actual skill ranking system in the game (Current ranks are more of indicator of how much you play over how skilled you are).

-The real object of the game is to amass as much Bloodpoints (BP) as possible, not necessarily to escape or hook all 4 victims.

-While doing as much generators as you can, opening the door and then escaping initially sounds like the best strat to take every time for a survivor, as you play you realize that more fun can be had by being dynamic and sometimes ignoring routine.

-The same can be said for a killer; depending on what killer you play as, you can adapt fun & interesting playstyles that can also allow you to farm big BP without always hooking and sacrificing all 4 survivors.

If you're completely new, it's best to start playing as a killer so you can learn the maps and observe how survivors try to tackle generators and eventual escape.

Once you understand the basic objectives for each side, decide what seems more fun to you; being the Cat or the Mouse, because that's what this game boils down to.

As a survivor:

Each survivor has their own style of play with their perks having pros & cons, and while eventually you will be able to teach any survivor any perk through "teachables" and simply pick the one you visually like the most, as a beginner you'll have to utilize them as they are and your first strategies will be based upon a survivor's natural fortes.

Here is a basic overview of the available survivors:
X87Xp3q.png
Dwight Fairfield: Dwight specializes in team play. Dwight's perks allow him to "buff" allies, as well as himself, when he is within range of teammates. Not much more I can say since I don't play him currently.
fBvXKOO.png
Claudette Morel (aka "bae"): Claudette specializes in healing. Claudettes' perks allow her to heal without a medkit, heal more efficiently, and detect injured allies. IMO she's great for beginners because her "Self-Heal" & "Empathy" perks will allow you to experiment and make more mistakes without being too costly on the match, not to mention "Self-Heal" is an excellent perk to boost into a "teachable" for other survivors.
mwmb1cv.png
Meg Thomas (aka ultimate "bae", just google why) : Meg specializes in sprinting. Meg's perks allow her sprint quickly at the start of sprinting, heal/sprint when the last generator is fixed, and can make less noise when vaulting or using lockers. She used to have quite a good amount of perks, but have since been nerfed in current patches and such. For a beginner. I'd personally only recommend her if you like to either farm rescues at the expense of the hooked, or if you have perks from other survivors unlocked to be teachable in the bloodweb.
nHFLOmD.png
Jake Park: f*ck this guy. Almost every douche I've ever encountered was rocking Jake. Jake specializes in sabotaging. Jake's perks allow him to sabotage traps and hooks without a toolbox, whimper quietly when injured by staying still, and has a chance to not disturb crows. But all of this became useless when Sabotaging became temporary instead of permanent post-launch, so I dunno why anyone would want to level him up for his perks, save for "Iron Will".
bqjffK9.png
Nea Karlsson: Ask Ermac about this one. I know next to nothing about her except that she's more of an "escapist" type mean to weasel out of chases and be stealthy.
x8TExZ3.png
Laurie Strode: DLC character. Ask Ermac again for information.
5hG1Wkz.png
Ace Visconti: DLC character. Ace specializes in luck, which is a fancy way of saying he's useless and more of a "Joke" character, like Dan in Street Fighter. I'd probably avoid this one for beginners.
yZcfw8Z.png
William "Bill" Overbeck ("Goddamn it, I am seriously Fubar!"): Bill specializes in doing what is generally impossible. His "Borrowed Time" perk is one of the most popular/desired perks to have and is deep in the current meta. Regardless, I still wouldn't suggest him for beginners until you level up one survivor to rank 40 and gain a general understanding of meta and gameflow.
QAvsoyM.png
Feng Min (aka "sugoi <3"): DLC character. Feng Min specializes in solo play. Her perks allow her to gain a distance from the killer after vaulting a window or pallet during a chase, produce less noise while repairing a generator alone and view the killer's aura when they damage a generator or pallet. She's actually not bad for a beginner given her perks are great for learning the ropes, though besides "Lithe", you'll mostly disregard them after you become more confident in your play. Essentially Meg 2.0, as perks like "Lithe" replaced "Sprint Burst" as tier 1 survivor perks.
49Ml1oI.png
David (motherf*ckin') King: Again, ask Ermac. All I know is that his "Dead Hard" perk is quite nifty for escaping a chase.
Who you pick will initially influence how you play, so it's good to keep that in mind. But you can be like me (dumb) and just pick whoever you identified with the most based on their Lore.
Apart from perks, there's items, item add-ons, and offerings a survivor can use to further their chances of success. While too many add-ons and offerings for me to list without making it boring, the basic items of the game are:
Flashlight: Used to blind the Killer temporarily. Note: Not a weapon. Attempts to use the flashlight in an aggressive manner will most-likely result in your carcass lounged into a hook seconds later. It's best used defensively as a means of blinding a killer breaking a pallet or carrying a survivor in order to free the survivor and stun the killer.
Key: Avoid.
Map: Used to spot and locate the generators & lootboxes around the map, for you and/or your teammates. Also allows you to mark a spot on the map that the killer cannot see.
Health Kit: Self-Explanatory.
Toolbox: Used for sabotaging and accelerated generator repairs. Wouldn't be too keen on the sabotaging part though, as it only lasts for 3 minutes.
Speaking of repairing:
-Killers can hear a generator running if a repair was recently attempted.
-Killers can hear you repairing the generator.
-Killers can and normally will try and sabotage incomplete generators; such generators emit sparks and gas puffs that drain the generator's bar the longer it is left without repairs. Simply repairing such a generator for any amount of seconds stops this effect.
Tips against killers (not mine but something I felt good to add on for new players):
Trapper
-Walk more often against a trapper, searching areas for bear traps before repairing-Search escape routes and commonly trapped windows for traps-Use saboteur perk or toolbox to remove traps-Disarming a bear trap warns the killer, be wary
Hillbilly
-Avoid open areas-Look at the Hillbilly when he is revving the chainsaw, try to use obstacles or juke his sprint. He can turn freely before sprinting, but once he has chosen a direction he cannot turn much while running-When his sprint ends, be wary that he can turn his camera. This allows him to do 90 degree slashes where his sprint stops-The chainsaw can instantly break dropped pallet
Wraith
-Do not freak out when you hear the bell. Find the wraith and use an obstacle in the opposite direction-The wraith growls, you can hear this when he is close
The Nurse
-The nurse is excellent at landing hits, but suffers in move speed and vision. Use cover to avoid being spotted and escape when she is stunned after teleporting-The nurse cannot change teleport distance so running towards her often causes her to overshoot
The Shape
-Avoid line of sight
The Hag
-Burn traps when possible with a flashlight-Crouching past a trap will not set it off-Repair generator on side opposite trap
The Doctor
-Avoid staying within his terror radius.-Keep moving. Do not stay in the same area for too long.-Don't stand by pallets waiting for the Doctor to walk up to it. His shock can stop you from interacting with everything, which means you can't drop the pallet and he can freely hit you.
The Huntress
-Since the Huntress has to precisely aim her hatchet to hit you, moving unpredictably will make you a harder target to hit.-You can duck behind a dropped pallet, and because of the hatchet's hitbox, it will mostly hit the pallet instead.
Leatherface
-When Leatherface is using his ability, running around objects may cause him to hit them. Stopping him in his tracks.-Try to stay away from other survivors while he is using his ability since he is able to down multiple survivors in one charge.
On a last note:
-Running is not always the best thing to do; running leaves scratch marks that appear on the killer's POV for 3-8 seconds and serve as a trail of sorts to help track down survivors. Sometimes it's better to walk or crouch if the Killer is patrolling the area nearby.
-Don't misuse the pallets. Pallets are the greatest weapon survivors have over a killer. Panicking and dropping them in excess during an early-game chase will likely lead to a difficult end-game, specially if you are trying to help hooked survivors or are being chased later on. I can't tell you how many times as a killer I've chased around scared survivors that just keep dropping down pallets they didn't need to drop only to end up hooked regardless then leave almost no pallets for their team in areas where an escape almost requires them.
-Don't try to struggle to escape a hook. It is very unlikely you will succeed. The only time where it's a good idea is either when you are about to go from "hanged" into "struggling" and play a roll of the dice, or when all remaining survivors are hooked as well. Trying to unhook yourself only makes your life deplete faster and gives your teammates less time to go for a save.
-Prioritize healing teammates over fixing the generator.
-Heal your teammates by hand, rather than the medkit (save medkit for self heal).
-Try to lead killers away from incomplete generators, as well as avoid doing the generators from the same area/vicinity in a row, as this will give the killer a smaller patrol area for the last couple of generators.
-In general, do not crawl toward teammates when in the dying state if they aren't moving towards you as well, some killers will leave a survivor in dying state in an attempt to bait out naive survivors.

As a Killer:

Being a killer kicks f*cking ass. But like survivors, who you pick will influence how you play, and this is even more true for Killers as the items they use are usually their defining traits.

4l5HI6T.png

The Trapper: His abilities are in his namesake; using bear-traps to capture unsuspecting survivors but also "be in many places at once". The trapper is an odd killer, being both good for beginners and having a high skill ceiling to master. While not the hardest killer to face against in high play, he can certainly make quick work on a team of new players.

The best way to use him is to know your enviroment; learn the map. Where are the chokepoints? What's the most common place survivors think is a safe spot?

As far as beginners go, planting traps under windows, near pallets & in high grass near generators is a great way to capture unsuspecting prey.

His perks are also very beginner-mid level friendly; "Brutal Strength" and "Agitation" will allow you to cut down on pallets much faster and carry your victims to the hook faster as well, respectively.

w5YMfue.png

The Hillbilly: Using a chainsaw to 1-hit his victims as well as travel around the map at a fast pace, this is a killer I'd hold on using until you understand the game better. His skill ceiling is quite high and can be a monster to go up against, but does require you to know the game in order to make the best out of him.

XhboyPY.png

The Wraith: Quite possibly the lowest-skill required killer, and as such, his skill ceiling is quite low, but also generally easy to beat as an experienced survivor. His special power is his cloak, which after ringing his bell will allow him to become invisible, however you cannot strike at survivors until you uncloak by ringing your bell again, alerting survivors to your presence. The wraith runs faster cloaked, and his playstyle is best used by pursuing potential victims into a false sense of security and isolating them before you decide to strike. His perks are based on this style of hunting and persecution, but will mostly be rendered moot once you learn how to play and track effectively by yourself. "Shadowborn" however, is a perk worth turning into a "teachable".

Tvicrz2.png

The Nurse: Completely avoid using as a new player. She requires experience to even stand a chance,she requires skill to use effectively and has the highest skill ceiling of all killers currently. If used by a top player, survivors stand almost no chance.

RzayWXw.png

The Shape: Iconic. But... I don't own the DLC for him. Ask Ermac, as it's his favorite Killer. DLC Character.

fq6uVLU.png

The Hag: Once laughed at for being underpowered, the Hag has since been buffed and seen notable improvements. Her style is largely based on her setting; the swamps, where she can use her short size to her max advantage. Her special ability is a mix of the Nurse and the Trapper; she uses mud drawings of symbols on the floor as traps detonated by survivors to teleport around the map. Her perks are based on Hexes, which TBH I don't use hence I can't offer much advice.

Av4P7QM.png

The Doctor: One of my favorite killers. Like the Hag, was initially a laughing stock of suckage until several patches made him a legitimate threat. His special ability is shock therapy used to induce panic & hallucinations into the survivors. He is the perfect "Anti-noob" killer VS survivors as his latter stages of shock therapy will reveal the location of survivors from time to time via loud screams and a red outline. Honestly not a bad choice for a beginner, and once again has good perks like "overcharge". DLC character.

oGwqSR8.png

The Huntress: Haven't really used her much apart from 1-3 matches. Sorry, nothing of note for me to say.

BbLLypb.png

Leatherface: Only added a few days ago, Leatherface is currently overpowered and has the perks to match. I can't say if he's good for new players or not, but it couldn't hurt to try and make "Barbecue & Chili" a teachable perk.

Please note that until now I've only mentioned perks that are initially exclusive to a character and must be taught in order for others to use them, but there are also plenty of perks killers and survivors share respectively. These perks, while not normally as defining as their particular ones, do help mold and make each character your own. They can be unlocked in the bloodweb.

Tips as a Killer:

Start of match

-Roam the map, listening for generators, hooks, etc. Some survivors are too impulsive and rather than scour their surroundings go straight for the objective, allowing you for an easy capture.
-Determine three clustered generators that may be defend-able. Usually new survivors will complete one generator, then head towards the nearest one. This sometimes puts them in a dificult situation late-game when they are essentially cornered into a small area of the map where the generators they need to finish are all withing easy distance of each other. By patrolling certain generators, you can manipulate what the late game generators are likely to be, ensuring an easier patrol and greater chances of success.
-Don't fall for BM and goading. Some survivors will try and goad you into a chase in order to distract you and let the rest of the team rush generators. If you feel it's bait, feel free to ignore it.
-You can damage generators to slow survivor progression and determine which generators they are focusing on.
Mid Match
-Lunge attacking is usually better than regular attacking.
-Break pallets if the survivor uses them as cover after dropping them. Although sometimes it's best to go around instead.
-Avoid infinite juke spots, go after someone else. There's no shame in retreat if you feel a survivor has you beat. Stubbornness will lead you into the survivors manipulating you the entire game and an easy victory for them.
-Do not strictly camp a hook, scout the area outward looking for other players. If the person is unhooked you can return quite easily. It's generally considered bad manners to camp a survivor. It also isn't that beneficial for you in the long run; you gain more BP by hooking survivors multiple times rather than just one, and camping one survivor will raise the chances of the others to escape by freely doing generators.
-Survivors breathe quite loud, listen for breathing when you know a survivor is nearby/ in a locker. The same goes for injured survivors whimpering.
Late game
-Guard the three clustered generators if necessary.
-Secure kills if the doors are open. Once the doors are open, all rules are off. It makes more sense to secure a kill than to hook and search for others, since odds are once unhooked, if you're not nearby you won't get another chance again.

That's pretty much all I can say for now, as far as beginner tips go. Hope it helps.
P.S. Watching streamers on Twitch helps too. While the DBD streamerbase is small, most are dedicated to the game and have quite an amount of experience. Some are genuinely fun to watch as well.
Edited by Ruin