Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,905 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Fallcreek

Life is Strange

Spider-Vice

There's some wild but amazing theories at /r/lifeisstrange that some of you should check out as well.

D3ADSH0T

Finally got episode 1 trail and finished it as soon as I can. Couldn't wait and bought my first ever season pass! Episode 2s done downloading so I'll play that when I wake up later today. Aand, episode 3 is on download right now.

This game is so beautiful on PS4 BTW. Recommend anyone to get it ASAP!!

Audiophile

I just finished episode 3. I am shocked.

The anticipation and hype for episode 4 is sky high.

MRW I finished episode 3:

We-have-to-go-back-GIF-from-Lost.gif

Terrato137

I just finished episode 3. I am shocked.

The anticipation and hype for episode 4 is sky high.

MRW I finished episode 3:

We-have-to-go-back-GIF-from-Lost.gif

My excitement for episode 4 actually ruined my sleep the night I finished episode 3. I must have my punk Chloe.

My reaction:

11304059_985302331481896_1282836335_n.jp

Edited by Terrato137

Audiophile

Checking out some LiS theories, found this video.

Man. True Detective season 1 was great. It's interesting to hear this quote be tied in with LiS. But now that I think of it, a lot of the concepts of TD's season 1 could be.

Woody112

I love this type of game where every decision you make leads to a different ending

Like Catherine or The Walking Dead by Telltale Games.

Except the ending of Episode 3 pretty much undid every decision you've made up until this point. I wouldn't expect much in the way of choices & consequences.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, as ep 3 pretty much completely reinvested me in the story.

Edited by GetWoody

Audiophile

I have a feeling that we will try to go back in episode 4 to get back to the "original" timeline.

I just can't see the choices we made in 1, 2, and most of 3 not mattering.

We've now found out that Max can jump inside photographs. We've taken various selfies throughout the episodes...maybe that will happen.

I don't know, but I've a feeling we will try to go back in some way.

We have to go back.....

Edited by Audiophile

Terrato137

I love this type of game where every decision you make leads to a different ending

Except the ending of Episode 3 pretty much undid every decision you've made up until this point. I wouldn't expect much in the way of choices & consequences.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, as ep 3 pretty much completely reinvested me in the story.

Nah, i'm quite positive the choices will make a difference, otherwise, there'd be no point in putting them in.

Woody112

Nah, i'm quite positive the choices will make a difference, otherwise, there'd be no point in putting them in.

You mean like Mass Effect, or any Telltale game in the last few years? There'll be a choice at the very end of the 5th episode that dictates the ending, everything else is irrelevant.

Terrato137

You mean like Mass Effect, or any Telltale game in the last few years? There'll be a choice at the very end of the 5th episode that dictates the ending, everything else is irrelevant.

I...wouldn't say everything else is irrelevant. This isn't ME or Telltale.

ME though was a completely different breed.

Vendetta ™

This analogy doesn't quite work.

Your choice in Mass Effect DO matter, it's only ME3's ending that disregards them, really.

Woody112

Your choice in Mass Effect DO matter, it's only ME3's ending that disregards them, really.

Well I guess we have a different idea of what it means for your choices to matter. A few different lines of dialogue isn't really much of a consequence to me, especially with how much these games like to play them up.

Audiophile

Lel I f*cked up and posted this in the Witcher 3 thread. Only just now noticed.

Really need episode 4. I was actually thinking about how much this game reminds me of Donny Darko after hearing this song off a Spotify playlist of mine.

Great song from a great movie. I can see this song fitting into LiS, haha.

Vendetta ™

Well I guess we have a different idea of what it means for your choices to matter. A few different lines of dialogue isn't really much of a consequence to me, especially with how much these games like to play them up.

A bit of a late reply, my apologies.

There's far more than a "few different lines of dialogue", like the choice of

saving the council or the fleet, which pretty much shapes a lot of people's views of you

Either way, I fully expect us to revert to the original timeline where our choices DO matter, LiS has been pretty good with choices so far, why would they intentionally drop the ball now?

Edited by Klicksend

Woody112

A bit of a late reply, my apologies.

There's far more than a "few different lines of dialogue", like the choice of

saving the council or the fleet, which pretty much shapes a lot of people's views of you

Either way, I fully expect us to revert to the original timeline where our choices DO matter, LiS has been pretty good with choices so far, why would they intentionally drop the ball now?

Well, can you give me an example of what choices have genuinely impacted the story or the game world?. Not trying to be petty, I am actually curious.

Algonquin Assassin

Never heard of this game before stumbling into this thread. Sounds like an interesting concept.

Downloading the three episodes. Will get back to let you know what I think.:)

Vendetta ™

Well, can you give me an example of what choices have genuinely impacted the story or the game world?. Not trying to be petty, I am actually curious.

I didn't see it as petty at all, but since you asked about choices....(Needless to say, massive spoilers ahead.)

- Choosing your background, whichever one you pick, the character will react differently to you and you have more or less options depending on which you choose.

- How you deal with the Rachni queen in the first game majorly changes the encounter in Mass Effect 3, two games ahead.

- Whether or not save the council changes quite a few of the characters and their reactions.

- Mass Effect 2's endings are massive game changers, tons of characters can die AND whether or not you destroy the collector base changes the situation in ME3.

- You can choose to cure the genophage or basically leave the Krogan unable to reproduce.

- You can choose to wipe out either the Quarian Fleet or the Geth in ME3, pretty much two WHOLE races.

Those are just a few of the big ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by Klicksend

Woody112

I didn't see it as petty at all, but since you asked about choices....(Needless to say, massive spoilers ahead.)

- Choosing your background, whichever one you pick, the character will react differently to you and you have more or less options depending on which you choose.

- How you deal with the Rachni queen in the first game majorly changes the encounter in Mass Effect 3, two games ahead.

- Whether or not save the council changes quite a few of the characters and their reactions.

- Mass Effect 2's endings are massive game changers, tons of characters can die AND whether or not you destroy the collector base changes the situation in ME3.

- You can choose to cure the genophage or basically leave the Krogan unable to reproduce.

- You can choose to wipe out either the Quarian Fleet or the Geth in ME3, pretty much two WHOLE races.

I was talking about LiS, my bad.

And a lot of those choices you listed don't actually have any consequence. (Spoilers ahead, hard to tag on mobile)

The Rachni Queen shouldn't even BE in the 3rd game if you wiped her out in the first, "they found another egg" is incredibly stupid and contrived.

The collector base is irrelevant in 3, and all those suicide mission characters appear in small pointless cameos, all easily replaceable (like Mordin is) some even just send you an email.

A lot of those things you listed don't happen until the third act of the trilogy, which means the writer doesn't have to take into account any actual consequences for said actions. I said earlier this was likely to be the case with LiS as well, all serious choices will be indepently decided in the 5th episode.

Maybe I'm just cynical though? I have yet to see an episodic story like these that have become so popular recently do the whole choices thing well, it's generally more for standalone titles, like Planescape: Torment or KOTOR.

PoeticWhisper

And a lot of those choices you listed don't actually have any consequence. (Spoilers ahead, hard to tag on mobile)

The Rachni Queen shouldn't even BE in the 3rd game if you wiped her out in the first, "they found another egg" is incredibly stupid and contrived.

The collector base is irrelevant in 3, and all those suicide mission characters appear in small pointless cameos, all easily replaceable (like Mordin is) some even just send you an email.

A lot of those things you listed don't happen until the third act of the trilogy, which means the writer doesn't have to take into account any actual consequences for said actions. I said earlier this was likely to be the case with LiS as well, all serious choices will be indepently decided in the 5th episode.

Maybe I'm just cynical though? I have yet to see an episodic story like these that have become so popular recently do the whole choices thing well, it's generally more for standalone titles, like Planescape: Torment or KOTOR.

EP.2 spoiler

Letting Kate die changes the game world a good bit. Max and everyone else was really depressed about it, and she had memorials all over school. People talked about her death, and asked Max if she was okay. I think that's a pretty drastic change to the overall episode (EP3). From what my friend told me (since he didn't have her die in his game) things are quite different. Sure, it may no drive the narritive into a whole new direction, but it does feel like you really f*cked up if you let her jump.

Vendetta ™

Apologies, since ME was mentioned, I blindly assumed that was the topic of reference in the conversation.

I retain my point, but at the same time, I see exactly what you're saying, these choices don't completely change the story and are sometimes resolved cheaply, however, they still have some impact on the game world and aren't TOTALLY pointless.

While it'd be nice to have every choice end up shaping your game in some way, I think it'll be a LONG, LONG time before we start seeing developers doing that, LiS took some baby steps, but not full-blown, I think it'd take a very long time if they had to account for every choice and such, plus it's just impractical with an episodic system, the episodes would take forever to release.

Cynical? Nah, I think we just have a different view on the illusion of choice and actual choice..and that's okay.

Cheers.

Algonquin Assassin

Finished the first two episodes. Can't wait to play Chaos Theory. :)

My only criticism so far is the lip syncing is a bit cheap. but that's the only thing I can think of.

Also Max's voice actress sounds so much like Clementine's from The Walking Dead.

PoeticWhisper

My only criticism so far is the lip syncing is a bit cheap. but that's the only thing I can think of.

Also Max's voice actress sounds so much like Clementine's from The Walking Dead.

Glad you're enjoying it! Episode 3 is very very good, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Algonquin Assassin

Glad you're enjoying it! Episode 3 is very very good, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Not at all. Just finished it.:)

Now Max is able to jump back in time through photos I bet we'll be able to significantly change the future like the very first selfie she took in art class.

I knew when she went back into the photo and became her 13 year old self it would be like how Evan in The Buttefly Effect could go back in time through journals alternating the past resulting in an alternative future.

I'm curious to see what happens with the tornado. Can't wait for the next episode.

Vendetta ™
Not at all. Just finished it. :)

Now Max is able to jump back in time through photos I bet we'll be able to significantly change the future like the very first selfie she took in art class.

I knew when she went back into the photo and became her 13 year old self it would be like how Evan in The Buttefly Effect could go back in time through journals alternating the past resulting in an alternative future.

I'm curious to see what happens with the tornado. Can't wait for the next episode.

Wow, you really breezed through it, mate.

It takes me around 2 days just to finish an episode, mostly because I really want to take my time with this game.

Pretty stoked for the next episode myself,

I wonder if we'll get any info on Rachel due to the episode being titled "The Dark Room" and Nathan's scribblings

, hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

Algonquin Assassin

I probably should've taken some more time, but it's one of those games that I just have to see what happens next. I pretty much done each episode in one sitting each.

Maybe in the wait for the next episode I could replay the others to get all the photo ops and try different decisions.

PoeticWhisper

I probably should've taken some more time, but it's one of those games that I just have to see what happens next. I pretty much done each episode in one sitting each.

Maybe in the wait for the next episode I could replay the others to get all the photo ops and try different decisions.

If you want to go for photo's, they have a wonderful collectible mode which lets you get the photos and then quit to the next chapter. Nothing you do or say is cannon, it's literally just for taking photo's. It's great.

Spider-Vice

So they have an official Spotify playlist with songs that haven't been used yet. We have 3 songs so far they didn't use:

This in the... (Episode 3/4? spoilers)

EP4 teaser but will probably be used further

Those two I don't know. I have a feeling the one by Mud Flow may be the ending song for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRigKyQ5FuM

Edited by Spider-Vice

PoeticWhisper

I noticed that too^

I love the music in this game. <3

Algonquin Assassin

If you want to go for photo's, they have a wonderful collectible mode which lets you get the photos and then quit to the next chapter. Nothing you do or say is cannon, it's literally just for taking photo's. It's great.

Didn't know about that. Thanks buddy. Will take a look.;)

Algonquin Assassin

Apologies for the double post, but has anything been said about episode 4 yet? I'm dying to continue the saga.