Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,081 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Fallcreek

Life is Strange

E•MO•TION

Words cannot accurately express how excited we are to reveal The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit to you! This self-contained and completely free narrative Life is Strange experience will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam) on June 26, 2018. You read that right - you won’t have to pay anything at all to get this stand-alone adventure that will also give you glimpse into Life is Strange 2’s brand-new story… but only if you’re clever enough to piece the clues together!

In The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, you play as Chris, an ordinary 10-year old boy who dreams of being a superhero. Chris has a big imagination that will take him on all sorts of adventures, but on this particular Saturday something truly extraordinary will happen to him…

http://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/

BlackScout

So many chills down my spine... I INSTANTLY recognized that typical LiS art-style.

I can't wait for June 26 to arrive to play this "prequel" :D

Spider-Vice

Muh heart! Preorders begin on Monday, releasing September 27 - is 5 episodes.

trip

Yeah, I'll play Capt. Spirit but I know I won't feel right about it.   I felt weird playing LiS and ever creepier playing Before the Storm.  I'm an old balding freak...not too far away from Trevor(GTA V)...except I'm older...possibly creepier because.

Looking forward to playing LiS2.  I just hope they don't spoil what they created by layering on too much angst.  Way too heavy on angst in Before the Storm.

BlackScout
Posted (edited)

I know they will very likely deliver an amazing game.

However, opening pre-orders without even knowing what the game will be like is kinda odd.

Captain Spirit is just something else that will have some ties to LiS2 story. It isn't enough for me though.

Edited by BlackScout

Spider-Vice
3 hours ago, trip said:

Yeah, I'll play Capt. Spirit but I know I won't feel right about it.   I felt weird playing LiS and ever creepier playing Before the Storm.  I'm an old balding freak...not too far away from Trevor(GTA V)...except I'm older...possibly creepier because.

Looking forward to playing LiS2.  I just hope they don't spoil what they created by layering on too much angst.  Way too heavy on angst in Before the Storm.

There's the factor BTS was made by a totally different company (yay for IPs belonging to publishers and not to developers) so I think LiS 2 will be better planned.

trip
Posted (edited)

Totally hip to it not being Dontnod...that's why I cut it a break :)

Honestly most people's teen years are enough of an adventure to make a game of.  I fear they could blow a good thing if they deviate too far from a 'real life's style script.  But wait...maybe some teens are just 'that' angsty.  Ha

Edited by trip

Captain Spirit releases today. It's free, might as well play it. 

trip
12 hours ago, 1972 said:

Captain Spirit releases today. It's free, might as well play it. 

Oh my goodness.  I'm not sure I can do this one.

The opening is down right "what the f*ck" depressing...and then after it makes you sad and depressed it wants you to ignore the past 20 some minutes and play make believe fun time.  

I'm not kidding; when the prologue ended I was too concerned about this kid's mental state to play make believe fun time.  I couldn't continue the game.  I'll get back to it but damn...

Nihilist.

Completed Captain Spirit last evening, it's kinda underwhelming if I have to be honest. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's bad or anything, it just lacks any story, characters to interact and bond with, and the gameplay feels kinda pointless, since your choices don't really matter contrary to the original Life Is Strange. I have truly mixed feelings about it, and feel terrible criticizing it since it's free, but on the other hand, while there are free of charge games I'd see myself purchasing with real money because they absolutely deserve it, I most likely wouldn't spend a buck on Captain Spirit. And that comes from a huge, huge fan of LIS and its universe.

Yeah, there are moments that were designed to make you weep and feel sorry for Chris, but backstory is not enough to push the main story forward and allow the protagonist to grow as a character. I didn't expect much of growth knowing it's a free teaser of Life Is Strange 2, meaning it wouldn't be long enough to allow it, but still, I can't say I'm satisfied with the final product.

There's no story setting up the ending, no difficult choices between lesser of two evils impacting the world and its characters, and finally, there was no tension, real emotions and cathartic moments. You surely can't call Captain Spirit's adventures "amazing", unfortunately.

Jonesizzle

I enjoyed it. It isn't meant to give us a full look at what LiS2, I'm thinking this is the only thing they will show us until the first episode drops.

The sh*t is quite depressing, which I wouldn't expect anything less from this game. 

Spider-Vice
11 minutes ago, Jonesizzle said:

I'm thinking this is the only thing they will show us until the first episode drops.

Nope, more info confirmed to come in August.

trip

Maybe Captain Spirit and Before the Storm(to a lesser degree) are being used to find the butter zone for this genre from Dontnod.  *no need to remind me that BtS isn't Dontnod - it factors into my conspiracy.

It would be a smart move to preserve the well received, beloved LiS.   They can test how far they should push the angst,  how far they should embellish or accentuate emotions.  Test the waters to see what the kids like in these kinds of games.  It's like when a show retools their show but by not connecting it to the original 'show' it is without risk of turning off people (the fans) of the show.

Almost smart for Dontnod not doing BtS.  They get to not be blamed if anything isn't well received with the bonus of adding another large focus group to their dataset of "what works".