Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,252 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Fallcreek

Life is Strange

trip

Wait? PS has to wait?

BsDZPPE.jpg

WildBrick142

Wait? PS has to wait?

BsDZPPE.jpg

Did you try starting it? On PS4 it gives the option to purchase/install but clicking on that will open the store and say that it can't be accessed at this time.

4i44nrR.png

6MQG78z.png

trip

Wait? PS has to wait?

BsDZPPE.jpg

Did you try starting it? On PS4 it gives the option to purchase/install but clicking on that will open the store and say that it can't be accessed at this time.

4i44nrR.png6MQG78z.png

It's playing now. Watching the 'what happened on ep1' right now.

True spoiler of the opening scene.

MTjF4d7.jpg

Edited by trip

E•MO•TION

I'm so confused. Does 2281 have something to do tonight or not?

:p

Xbox, btw

V4S

Their official Twitter states the following

255.png

and here is the 2nd Episodes trailer

trip

Why is mine(xbox one) playable? Odd.

Edited by trip

trip

Yay!

I was just going to ask if I was the only one here (on xbox) that can play.

I just now loaded it up again expecting to be shut down by a 'you gotta wait' screen. Still playable.

Edited by trip

Algonquin Assassin

On XB1 and played about an hour so far. Pretty sweet.;)

I just love the music in this game. It sets the mood perfectly.

trip

I fished ep 2. Only one episode left...yikes.

I'm still concerned. It's weird that the original developers aren't involved in creating the back story of one of their main characters. If I remember correctly - Dontnod is also doing another installment. Are they going to pick up after the original LIS? Are they going to need to know about this Cloe back store that they weren't apart of?

Pepperjack

I fished ep 2. Only one episode left...yikes.

I'm still concerned. It's weird that the original developers aren't involved in creating the back story of one of their main characters. If I remember correctly - Dontnod is also doing another installment. Are they going to pick up after the original LIS? Are they going to need to know about this Cloe back store that they weren't apart of?

Technically two more with the Farewell Max bonus episode. Also I'm sure dontnod devs actually were consulted also, they probably played the game aswell. But Dontnod have come out and said it would feature anyone from the first game at all when talking about Life is Strange 2

Edited by Pepperjack

E•MO•TION

Kirsty

I've never felt so excited to cry :^:

Bring on the final episode, looks like it's going to be dark...

PondNewt

I didn't watch the videos so sorry if the answer is in those but is there a release date yet for the 3rd episode and the bonus Max chapter?

trip

December 20th for episode 3.

Kirsty

I didn't watch the videos so sorry if the answer is in those but is there a release date yet for the 3rd episode and the bonus Max chapter?

Episode 3 releases on 20th December, and the bonus Farewell episode just states early 2018 so far.

E•MO•TION

I've never cried in public before, but Life is Strange was released on iOS this morning.

Those with Android devices can look forward to the game on mobile in 2018.

trip

Thanks to the weird rolling release for episode 3...

Playing it right now.

PondNewt

I'm on PS4 and I initially had trouble downloading the third episode. The link from the game menu took me to the wrong part of the Playstation store where you could buy what I think may have been the two first episodes together in a bundle. I later found out that the third episode had been labelled incorrectly in the store. Maybe it has been fixed now I'm not sure but for anyone else who may be having trouble you need to search for Life is Strange Before the Storm episode one and this first episode now actually seems to be the third episode (in disguise as it were). Just open up the store directly to find it instead of going through the game menu.

Algonquin Assassin

Finished the third episode. Anyone else going to play through Life Is Strange now we have a better understanding of Rachel and Chloe's relationship?

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

The7thOne

Decided to wait until Ep3 was released to comment.

I'm torn. It's great we have context to the original to clear up some confusion, but it was also the lack of context that made LiS so fun to play through... Not having everything revealed and only being able to use your imagination and form your own conclusions. I feel like BtS might have revealed a bit too much, which might harm the experience for new players - especially the post-credits scene in Ep3 (won't discuss due to spoilers). It might be better to play the original first and then BtS afterwards.

That said, it's changed my perspective on some characters from the original, and I plan on replaying both games soon. This game was wonderfully executed and it's a great addition to the series. It still leaves some things unanswered....which I actually appreciate. Not everything needs an explanation.

Johan

The ending scene after the credits of episode 3..... that really hit me the most. Enjoyable 3 episodes to say the least, well worth the discounted price. Can't wait for the bonus episode.

Kirsty

The original season will always be top and first for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed BTS and think its brought a lot to the characters involved. I want more and more Arcadia Bay! I wasn't overly enthused with the whole Sera arc but I have just loved Chloe and Rachel so much throughout this it doesn't matter about the plot. Max is still my best girl from a protag point of view, and Max and Chloe are still my OTP, hence season one always comes first; I'd recommend playing it first and then having BTS as a side dish to new players.

I don't know how anyone can pick the Bay ending having gotten to know Chloe a lot more closely now, she's just so important, and re-playing season one (which I plan to do over the holidays) is going to be even more hardhitting having gotten to know Rachel, and Max is literally faced with her missing person posters all over and then you know what in Episode 4.

Episode 2 of BTS was the highlight for me, but that ending montage of this final episode.... oh christ all the feels I was crying bittersweet tears throughout because they were just so happy and Chloe had someone in her life, but then that post-credit scene was like a brick to the face and brought me crashing back down to reality. What a hard hitter. So well done, I have felt quite dead inside since finishing lmao.

The bonus Farewell episode is going to finish me off completely since the original voice actors are back. Can't wait.

cidamelo

This game is G R E A T!!! It also makes me want to have a FEMALE PROTAGONIST in GTA, someone like a "bad" CHLOE PRICE !! Do you agree??? GTA is too over done with male badass type (unless it's claude speed) but GTA needs to give a different perspective??

Do you think a game about NATHAN PRESCOTT would be interesting? I think he is a very interesting character, I hope Deck Nine makes more games about the people of ARCADIA BAY :panic::catspider:

Rebel

Thought this sh*t was great. Although 3 episodes is a little short considering everything kind of abruptly gets wrapped up in episode 3 which never seemed to end. Could've easily became 4 episodes in my opinion. Had lots of great cliffhangers to leave it and make us wait until after the new year to continue the story but hey at least they 'wrapped' it up.

The whole arc they were going for didn't really hold an impression on me, it felt way too forced and suddenly it became too much of a fake drama to really care about. I was in way more need of Rachel time - I felt like we didn't really get enough of it. Especially all of these moments you wait around as Chloe. Could've been spent a lot more time with them together seeing them grow even further I guess but the sh*t story arc kind of got in the way. The end sequence killed me. Hello thanks for ripping out my heart, what little I had left of one I'd like it back. Also really pissed me off that the way it ended kind of made me hate the story for Life is Strange (original) I know a few years have passed since Before the Storm, but f*ck dude. They basically crucified Rachel in LiS story arc from what you find out and that really disappoints me. In fact it really makes me sad and feel SO MUCH MORE for Chloe as a character. I'm actually replaying LiS after finishing this game and I've got a 100% more interested in giving a sh*t about Chloe and even see her in a different kind of light now, knowing things from this game.

Would super recommend the game, thank god for steam sale since I was able to pick up the deluxe edition for £5 for the bonus episode of them as kids whenever it comes out.

Fallcreek
Posted (edited)

I finally got around to finishing Before the Storm, and well? I enjoyed the experience. I mean, the last episode did leave something to be desired though. It kind of just wrapped up it's loose ends and BAM, you're at the ending. Like, sh*t, I barely even got the time to process everything lol. It doesn't really detract from the experience though, because that's what it's about, right? The journey? The episodes were long as hell too. Like they never ended, atleast with the first two. I liked that.

This game did have some really interesting aspects to it. I didn't really care about changing my clothes but the backtalk mechanic was a fun angle to the whole dialogue system. Kept you thinking on your feet, I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the bit with Chloe's unanswered texts to Max. That sh*t really hit home.

Probably shouldn't have played this on New Years Eve though. Got me feeling depressed and lonely as f*ck lol. Chloe's character is truly tragic, and she deserved better.

Edited by Fallcreek

PondNewt

Just a heads up for anyone that didn't know that the bonus farewell to Max episode arrived last night. I've made a start on it myself though didn't have a chance to play for long. Nice to have one last adventure (pirate themed in this case) with Max and chloe.

Shyabang Shyabang

trip

That was a really short episode.

I feel all sorts of weird playing this game since I'm like a 50+ old guy.

I'm curious to see what happens with the game when dontnod returns as the developer for the next installment.

Is there any word on the next installment?