2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What is your favourite / least favourite GTA?

Alien74

Grand Theft Auto  

1,238 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite GTA?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto London 1969
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto The Lost and the Damned
    • Grand Theft Auto The Ballad of Gay Tony
    • Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Grand Theft Auto Advance
  2. 2. What is your least favourite GTA?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto London 1969
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto The Lost and the Damned
    • Grand Theft Auto The Ballad of Gay Tony
    • Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Grand Theft Auto Advance

Best to least favourite gtas

1.San Andreas/IV/EFLC(9.5/10)

2.V(sp & heavily modded) - (9/10)

3.VC(8.75/10)

4.VCS(8.5/10)

5.LCS(8/10)

6.III(7/10)

7.CTW(6.5/10)

8.2(6/10)

Haven't played 1, London 1969 or Advance. I'd put these guys among my least favourites otherwise, no offence to any of their fans

Edited by Tryve1

On 3/17/2021 at 2:24 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

I think it's a little unfair to say it's a "majority". The majority of people don't even say it's a bad game let alone actually threaten others who do like it. I was just expressing opinion also, but it honestly does get tiring hearing the same "oh man why must everyone pick on GTA V?" doom and gloom over and over again. 

And in no way am I condoning members being abused/threatened for their video game preferences, but I think claiming it's a "majority" is stretching it way too far.

Well,the majority of this forum loathes GTA V,they consider it worse than a plague and you'll be called a kid and a fanboy if you dare to like the game. I respect your opinion tho.

Now on the threatening part yes,it's not that frequent. But unfortunately it exists,especially on some youtube videos where GTA 4 fans litteraly threaten others just for liking GTA V,let alone the "kill yourself" insults. 

Algonquin Assassin
23 hours ago, THEGTAGUY4 said:

Well,the majority of this forum loathes GTA V,they consider it worse than a plague and you'll be called a kid and a fanboy if you dare to like the game. I respect your opinion tho.

To be fair this happens with every GTA game. I guarantee most of us have been called a "fanboy" at some point for liking a GTA game someone else doesn't like, but I still disagree that it's a majority who "loathe" or "hate" GTA V though. I think it's exaggerated and blown out of proportion.

23 hours ago, THEGTAGUY4 said:

Now on the threatening part yes,it's not that frequent. But unfortunately it exists,especially on some youtube videos where GTA 4 fans litteraly threaten others just for liking GTA V,let alone the "kill yourself" insults. 

Ok, but I was mainly talking about this forum. Not Youtube. Those kind of insults don't fly around here because the staff are quick to act.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

• 2 weeks later...

Has to be GTA 4.

But lately I started a game of vice city and gotta say it's hilarious. 

Fun. 

The wackiness about it. 

Driving into a pay n spray in front of the cops, wanted level erased. 

I like the realistic tone of GTA 4 but GTA 5 took it too far

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Favourite is San Andreas, probably. It's very close between SA and VC.

Least favourite is most likely Chinatown Wars, as I just don't have an interest in playing that style of game.

• 3 weeks later...

Best GTA IV and VC.

Worst no one.

Another best will be GTA V E&E if any better.

Edited by Guest

Dante De Niro

Favorites:

San Andreas for being my first GTA and incredibly big for it's time

IV for how dense, complex and well-writen the game is

V for the light-hearted experience and how FUN the game is

I don't have a least favorite GTA, tbh

• Like 1

The first GTA that i've played was Vice City so it has a special place in my heart.

1.Gta Vice City 

2.Gta San Andreas

3.Gta III

4.Vice City Stories 

5.Liberty City Stories 

6.Gta IV

On the last place is V. 

I prefer to play the old ones[VC,SA,LCS,VCS and III]and a bit of GTA IV rather than V. 

For  GTA, it was a tough choice between San Andreas and Vice City. It's easier to choose San Andreas because of the scale and how much more content there is, but Vice City is just so much cooler. It's just this nice, small and simple game that takes everything the, back then, completely new genre of "free roaming crime game" that GTA3 introduced to the world and improved on it in every conceivable way. Plus, it's kind of neat to see the evolution occurring, like having the first voiced protagonist with a personality, being the first GTA where the majority of the soundtrack is licensed music (and having big time hits in the soundtrack), and so on.

Plus, they made the whole thing in like, what, nine months or something ridiculous like that? You can kinda tell if you start paying attention to the level design, but that's neither here nor there.

Choosing my least favorite was piss easy, though: GTA5

It's not my "least favorite", it's my most hated.

KingAJ032304
On 4/2/2021 at 2:51 PM, junkpile said:

Has to be GTA 4.

But lately I started a game of vice city and gotta say it's hilarious. 

Fun. 

The wackiness about it. 

Driving into a pay n spray in front of the cops, wanted level erased. 

I like the realistic tone of GTA 4 but GTA 5 took it too far

Man gta vc will always br the most overrated gta to me.

• excuseme 1

On 5/6/2021 at 11:29 PM, KingAJ032304 said:

Man gta vc will always br the most overrated gta to me.

You triggered a VC fanboy lol.

Praise VC's wackiness and it's okay, praise SA's wackiness and IV fanatics will probably accuse you of nostalgia blindness and being unable to move on.

Most favorite: San Andreas. It's not a perfect game, but it felt like a complete package more than the others for me.
Least favorite: V. Still a decent game don't get me wrong, but for me it just lacked both the immersion of IV and the innocency of the 3D era.

JimFitzgeraldBiker

Favorite:

1. GTA 4

2. GTA San Andreas

3. GTA Vice City Stories

4. GTA TLAD

Worst:

(Well since you included every single GTA game, this will be easy and straightforward)

· All 2D GTA games.

· GTA Chinatown Wars = I cannot get myself into this game. Story was good though but it should've been another GTA 4 DLC instead or made for the same platforms since DS and PSP butchered the game in general.

ThatBenGuy1998

Nothing is ordered, just categorized.

Great:

III

VC

IV/EFLC

CTW

Good:

SA

LCS

VCS

Middle of the road:

V

Subpar:

Everything else

• Like 1

Algonquin Assassin
On 5/12/2021 at 3:03 AM, horsewithnoname said:

You triggered a VC fanboy lol.

Praise VC's wackiness and it's okay, praise SA's wackiness and IV fanatics will probably accuse you of nostalgia blindness and being unable to move on.

Tissue GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's ok honey bun. There, there.

• KEKW 2

7 hours ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

It's ok honey bun. There, there.

Lmao thanks.

Seriously though, SA fans here have been pretty reasonable lately while some IV fans (though not all) seem to have been obsessed with bashing SA or V for some reason. VC or III fans that don't necessarily care about SA or IV are kinda rare, though they still exist.

I changed my favorite GTA vote to GTA IV, happy now?? Please don't hurt me.

Algonquin Assassin
4 hours ago, horsewithnoname said:

Lmao thanks.

Seriously though, SA fans here have been pretty reasonable lately while some IV fans (though not all) seem to have been obsessed with bashing SA or V for some reason. VC or III fans that don't necessarily care about SA or IV are kinda rare, though they still exist.

I changed my favorite GTA vote to GTA IV, happy now?? Please don't hurt me.

Ah yes the classic “GTA IV fans are the bogeymen”. 

Well it’s nice to see you changed your vote since GTA IV is an undisputed masterpiece.😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Well it’s nice to see you changed your vote since GTA IV is an undisputed masterpiece.😉

Ah yes, the perfect GTA, if only the evil fanboys of inferior GTAs understood its perfect perfection.

So uh, this has been embarrassing but I'm glad we could find a commonality. I will see myself out.

49 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

GTA VCS is an undisputed masterpiece.

Fixed 😉

Edited by OH76

Kaname Madoka

San Andreas still is my most played GTA to date, the map, radios, NPCs, characters, it has so much stuff to see and do, even though the story isn't as good as IV's, i still loved it for what it was.

The one i enjoyed the least was TLaD, not necessarily bad, i just couldn't get into the whole biker thing. I never finished this game, in fact i only finished the first mission to this day.

The Tracker
16 minutes ago, Damien Scott said:

Am I the only IV fan who really like V and hate VC? 80's Miami just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Yes.

• YEE 1

• 2 weeks later...
KingAJ032304
On 5/20/2021 at 4:23 PM, Damien Scott said:

Am I the only IV fan who really like V and hate VC? 80's Miami just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I really do think GTA VC is THE most overrated game in its genre bar none, with it easily having the highest like to dislike ratio for no great reason.

KingAJ032304
5 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

I can't imagine a single reason to dislike Vice City. Literally. It might not be for you, but to outright dislike... The game takes the formula of GTA 3 and expands on it in every way? What's not to like?

I just don't think it deserves NEARLY... NEARLY as much praise as it does (I definately don't dislike it, it just SHOULD not be as liked as it is). GTA III? sure it changed everything. GTA SA? sure, same thing. GTA IV? sure, it redirected gta to create something neat. GTA V? sure it modernised gta and brought in interestingchanges to help spice stuff up. GTA online? even that just for there being nothing like it. But for some reason GTA VC seems to be the most ascended product of its genre and this doesn't apply to other games for some reason, is it the 80s? Seriously i go on reddit and if we're talking gta people will almost always find someway to bring up vice city more than other gtas overall but without legitimate reasons outside, talking protagonist, being ruthless, and 80s. Thats it. If ask favorite GTA I'll see gta iii and vc or sa and vc. On this forums from gtafans ill usually see gta iv and vc or iii/iv and vc. I could go on Instagram and gta sa and vc might be the most liked comments. I go on youtube and i might see videos saying why vc is better than sa. I go on IGN and they go on about why vc is the best for less is more. I go on gamebomb about gta v or iv and they might say vc is the last gta they enjoyed, hell sometimes non open world fans say vc is the only gta they enjoyed, people unironically love Tommy for being a walking cliché. Hes cool but hes not THAT cool. And then it gets worse when I look up stuff like watchdogs, just cause, and mostly Saints Row. People will say they don't like saints row/just cause but say they love vice city, SPECIFICALLY vc. People would bring up watchfogs legion is aesthectially a poor mans vice city (im dead serious). People who switched over to saints row will say Gta has been falling off since sa and peaked with vc. People will say vc has the best story in all gta games that isn't iv or say iv has the worse story for it not being entertaining for x reasons and cite vc as the pinnacle of a R* campaign, many gta YouTube have vx as their favorite if its not sa, people will say Tommy v is the best protagonists for being "a badass who takes no sh*t" and all the other stuff. People would cite vice city for being awesome because of star power and would bring up movies. I can watch a random video and see vice city brought up for no reason other than freedom and 80s, people genuinely say vice city has a better story than SR1 (no it doesn't, it never will and this is objectively wrong). People like vc more than sr2 despite sr2 being vc pretty much but better in like 90% ways, etc. Anyways i apologies as I know my reasonings are probably bullsh*t and aren't all that valid and thats fair but I can't stand how much of a common denominator vc is despite it not being all that much technically and being outdated, and most importantly just not being THAT innovative (understandable of course) as pretty much every other gta, I just see it too often compared to the others.

CynicalMexican

I haven't played the 2D games including Chinatown Wars.

Favorites:

GTA IV - love the storyline and the atmosphere it creates. Liberty City is beautiful. Mechanics and gameplay are great

GTA SA - self explanatory

GTA 3 - Oh god, I love the atmosphere this game has. I also just LOVE the chaotic primitive gameplay. It may not be as polished or expanded as GTA SA, but I love how unique it is.

Least Favorite:

GTA VCS - I have no idea why but I don't really like this game very much. I never vibed well with Vic, he came across as a hypocrite.

Other games I'm not huge on:

GTA V - it's not the worst thing ever. Just a bunch of things I don't like. Plus it's overstayed its welcome

TBoGT - This game was WAY too over the top. It should have been toned down. 

• Like 1

BabaFamilias

The recent love GTA IV is getting is very interesting. I can remember when I first visited this forum back in 2008/2009 it was one of the most hated GTAs ever and now this forum almost only consists of GTA IV fanboys. My theory is that the kids who grew up with GTA IV finally got the permission to be on the internet. Can't wait for the release of GTA VI to see if my theory is true or not. 

• excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1

CynicalMexican
51 minutes ago, BabaFamilias said:

The recent love GTA IV is getting is very interesting. I can remember when I first visited this forum back in 2008/2009 it was one of the most hated GTAs ever and now this forum almost only consists of GTA IV fanboys. My theory is that the kids who grew up with GTA IV finally got the permission to be on the internet. Can't wait for the release of GTA VI to see if my theory is true or not. 

Idk if this is true. I was on those days (kinda) and I remember the fan base being a lot more split.

There were some that loved the game and the new direction, others who utterly hated it. The physics, graphics, etc were generally praised for the most part. MSM loved the game at the time.

But you may be right; as time as passed, people have come to love it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Algonquin Assassin
On 6/10/2021 at 7:51 AM, BabaFamilias said:

It's been 13 years though. Not everyone hated GTA IV and those that did probably moved onto something else.

I know some people can't stand the thought of GTA IV being regarded in such high praise, but it is what it is. It was always a great game, but took some time to find its footing and now it's regarded as one of the series' best. 

• Like 3

BabaFamilias
18 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

I know some people can't stand the thought of GTA IV being regarded in such high praise, but it is what it is. It was always a great game, but took some time to find its footing and now it's regarded as one of the series' best. 

It IS one of the serie's best. Precisely the third best after GTA SA and V (hey, just my opinion, chill). 

Algonquin Assassin
53 minutes ago, BabaFamilias said:

It IS one of the serie's best. Precisely the third best after GTA SA and V (hey, just my opinion, chill). 

I am being chill.

I’m not the one saying that this forum is made up of “GTA IV fanboys” and calling them kids.😉

Edited by MiamiViceCity1986

BabaFamilias
13 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

I am being chill.

I’m not the one saying that this forum is made up of “GTA IV fanboys” and calling them kids.😉

Whoopsie, didn't mean to offend you, you sir are not a kid 👍. You got me wrong. I meant, GTA IV has gotten a surprising massive peak of popularity in the recent years, isn't that suspicious to you? The kids whose first GTA was GTA IV were between 6-12 back in 2008, they are now 19-25, and these 19-25 year olds are now the majority of the GTA community (just my theory, didn't say it's the truth nor do I have a statistic).