1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Alien74

What is your favourite / least favourite GTA?

Grand Theft Auto  

767 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite GTA?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto London 1969
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto The Lost and the Damned
    • Grand Theft Auto The Ballad of Gay Tony
    • Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Grand Theft Auto Advance
  2. 2. What is your least favourite GTA?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto London 1969
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto The Lost and the Damned
    • Grand Theft Auto The Ballad of Gay Tony
    • Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Grand Theft Auto Advance

Lowkey17e9

VCS is the most underated GTA game in my opinion. It was the 2nd best of the 3d games behind SA.

Euri13

Everybody loves gta advance.... rigth? Lol

ThatKyloRenGuy

A slightly revised list:

1. IV/EFLC

2. VC

3. III

4. LCS

5. VCS

6. CTW

7. SA

8. V

And then all the rest...

I used to not consider LCS, VCS, and CTW as part of the series, but now, I give them all a second chance. I only play Xbox consoles, but I really think all three of those games are quite entertaining as YouTube series! :)

Davao

1.IV

2. VC

3. SA

4. III

5. VCS

6. V

7. TBOGT

8. TLAD

9. LCS

TheToxy ARGTA

My Top 10

1- Grand Theft Auto IV

2- Grand Theft Auto III

3- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

4- Grand Theft Auto Vice City

5- Grand Theft Auto EFLC (TLAD & TBOGT)

6- Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories

7- Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

8- Grand Theft Auto V

9- Grand Theft Auto Advance

10- Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars

JPFL

Revised List: 

1.IV/EFLC

2.Vice City

3.San Andreas

4.Chinatown Wars

5.Liberty City Stories

6.III

7.Vice City Stories

8.V

9.Advance

10.GTA 2

11.GTA 1

Edited by JPFL

Tommy1233

1.GTA 4/EPIC

2.GTA SA

3.GTA VC

4.GTA LCS

5.GTA CTW

6.GTA VCS

7.GTA 3

8.GTA Advance

9.GTA II

Edited by Tommy1233

American Venom

Time for yet another revision of my list..

1) GTA IV

2) Vice City

3) GTA III

4) TLAD

5) TBOGT

6) GTA V

7) VCS

8) San Andreas

9) LCS

<Everything terrible a human could ever face in their life>

10) GTAO

Samz707
Posted (edited)

I won't include SA/Advance/2/ GTA 4 expansions since I haven't played SA in a long time and never finished and simply never played Advance/2/GTA 4 expansions for too long.

1.GTA LCS

2.GTA VCS

3.GTA 3

4.GTA VC

5.GTA 4

6.GTA 1

7.GTA V

GTA LCS Is my favourite because it feels like an improved GTA 3 with the exception of how certain graphics are downgraded due to being on the PSP initially, it's got the most fulfilling and worthwhile side missions in the series IMO, though VCS's empire building is a close contender.

We've got more new vehicles than VCS, VCS added a good few, but most of them rarely appeared. (such as the Electric scooter which only rarely spawns at Vice point, which you can't access for over half the story.)

GTA V is my least favourite because it tries to be a generic cover shooter, which works in a just passable way in missions and combat is basically impossible in Free roam since the AI out-right cheats unlike GTA 4, with lightning fast reactions, rapid spawning and being able to hit you at absurd ranges while hanging off a SUV one-handed.

Movement and camera are more clunky, I found myself dying while in a car because the raised camera ment I couldn't shoot the enemy in the car next to me since there was no camera angle for it. (Despite GTA 4 having a pretty good Hood camera beforehand.) 

No crouching so you have to use the cover system, which was already somewhat unreliable in GTA IV but the increased enemy accuracy means it's god awful, nothing like getting shot because you can't crouch behind a car if you're not attached to it.

This basically makes the game not fun for me since Rockstar apparently decided people don't like anything that isn't shooting since from what I've played most missions involved gunfighting so having broken shooting mechanics just made the game incredibly frustrating for me.

Heists were awful due to being completely scripted, picked a bad gunman for Jewerly store, so all his stats, that were SHOOTING are low? he crashes his bike and dies to screw you over from saving money, but the driver, who DOES have a driver stat doesn't die in the tunnels if he's low?, it's nonsensical frustrating mission design.

Edited by Samz707

ThatKyloRenGuy

Here are also my rankings for each GTA game on a scale of 0 to 16. That's just how I roll based on the fact that the National Football League (NFL) in the USA goes from 0 to 16 in games a team can win.

IV/EFLC: 15/16

VC: 13/16

III: 11/16

LCS: 10/16

VCS: 10/16

CTW: 10/16

SA: 9/16

V: 9/16

Everything else, I can't really say, but less than 8/16!

Davao
2 hours ago, ThatKyloRenGuy said:

Here are also my rankings for each GTA game on a scale of 0 to 16. That's just how I roll based on the fact that the National Football League (NFL) in the USA goes from 0 to 16 in games a team can win.

IV/EFLC: 15/16

VC: 13/16

III: 11/16

LCS: 10/16

VCS: 10/16

CTW: 10/16

SA: 9/16

V: 9/16

Everything else, I can't really say, but less than 8/16!

I'm surprised you put SA as the same rating as V. I thought SA was miles better than V.  How come you put SA as the same rating as V?  I'm not doubting your opinion, I'm just curious.

ThatKyloRenGuy

Yeah, I think it’s better than V. I actually think SA might be about 9.5/16 or something like that. To me, it’s better than V but not particularly THAT much better, though I definitely respect your opinion, man! ;)

Copcaller

Fav san Andreas

Least fav V

Son of Zeus

Hmm my lost is mostly the same except for V.. Played it again and it's gone down one spot. 

1. SA

2. VC

3. TLaD

4. VCS

5. V

6. TBoGT

7. III

8. IV

9. LCS

GTAStreets

I was born in the early 90's and I was introduced to GTA when I was very young. I was like ten years old or eleven I don't remember. This kid in the neighborhood had GTA for playstation.  And I fell in love with it. I actually borrowed the game and never brought it back lol. I still have it in 2019 and it's been over 18 years since then. I remember one day going to a friends house and her big brother had a PS2 with GTA 3. She said play this game so I did. And then after playing it for about 5 minutes I fell in love. The graphicsand the 3d gameplay were so good I felt like I was actually in the game. It felt like reality. When I went home I ran around and jumped around like I was playing GTA III. Seriously. I was like 10 years old. Ever since then I became addicted.

Big Fat Paulie

Of the ones I've played, my favorites would be a tie between San Andreas and V, with IV (including the DLC's) coming in a close second.

My least favorite would be Vice City Stories. To me it felt like a boring retread of Vice City. Odd, because I liked Liberty City Stories, but I suppose Toni Cipriani was a more interesting protagonist to me than Vic Vance.

Yetinator

Vice City is by far my favourite. I think the location, the 80's, and the features it introduced left warm memories of the game that none since have quite managed. I feel like no game's radio since has been able to match its level.

Unfortunately being a PC player I've never had the opportunity to play VCS.

That said though I really enjoyed SA and V also. I enjoyed IV too but it always felt a bit dreary. 

Intial-B

IV damn near killed me - loved the upgrade in graphics, hated the mechanics of the game play engine (at the time), story was OK, but I was easily diverted.
Vice City was awesome with a class soundtrack, San Andreas blew my mind with map size & GTA V pretty much encapsulates all the good bits for me.

billiejoearmstrong8

Of the ones I've played...

IV

Vice City

San Andreas

V

TBOGT

TLAD

III

VCS

LCS

IV is a masterpiece with far and away the best protagonist, characters, storyline and overall writing and design in all GTA. It's the best game I've ever played. I just love the vibe of Vice City and San Andreas, they're both iconic. I enjoy the vibe of V less but have had lots of fun with it just because it's more technologically advanced and larger, and although not as good as IV the dialogue and characters etc as well as the gameplay are on another level to 3D era. TBOGT and TLAD are only lower down because they're not complete games so can't really compete, ignoring that they're not complete games they're almost as good as IV and are an excellent complement to it. III is very cool but it's honestly just too hard for me and I can't stand not having a map, could never really get into it because of that. VCS and LCS I feel are the weakest, they just feel a bit silly and are a bonus rather than being on the same level as the "main" games.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Knights7.7.7

I have to say hands down gta 4 still is the best imho. Since you can push people away. Lol joke. But it is the gritty story of niko which is something to look for in gta 4.

GKZ

1.GTA VC

2.GTA SA

3.GTA 3

4.GTA IV

5.GTA VCS

6.GTA LCS

7.GTA 2

8.GTA CW

9.GTA London 69'

10.GTA London 61'

11.GTA Advance

12.GTA 1

342.664.237.GTA V

KingAJ032304
On 2/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Of the ones I've played...

IV

Vice City

San Andreas

V

TBOGT

TLAD

III

VCS

LCS

IV is a masterpiece with far and away the best protagonist, characters, storyline and overall writing and design in all GTA. It's the best game I've ever played. I just love the vibe of Vice City and San Andreas, they're both iconic. I enjoy the vibe of V less but have had lots of fun with it just because it's more technologically advanced and larger, and although not as good as IV the dialogue and characters etc as well as the gameplay are on another level to 3D era. TBOGT and TLAD are only lower down because they're not complete games so can't really compete, ignoring that they're not complete games they're almost as good as IV and are an excellent complement to it. III is very cool but it's honestly just too hard for me and I can't stand not having a map, could never really get into it because of that. Vice City, VCS, and LCS I feel are the weakest, they just feel a bit silly and are a bonus rather than being on the same level as the "main" games.

FTFY!

Nik0 Bellic

Gta 5 is the best,not a fan,just sayin the truth,i also don't want any troble from triggered gta4 fans

Jerkоv

I've been thinking about this question of "my favorite and least favorite GTA games". I mean, they are all awesome with individual attributes, and probably my favorite game series ever. People's opinion is always subjective, especially considering how great these games are. Since I'm playing Gran Theft Auto games since the PS1 era, it's better to do a little ranking here. A tough task, but let's do it.

My favorite Grand Theft Auto games (from best to "worst"):

1. Grand Theft Auto III
Hands down, my favorite Grant Theft Auto game of all time that holds up very well even to this day. Amusingly, I only played it after GTA VC and SA back in 2005, and it's not my favorite because of "nostalgia" or something else. Love the dark and gritty setting, the "depressed" city, the characters, the gangs, the more "serious" tone absent from its successors  (also, I love that over-the-top M16 firing rate, d'you remember that?). Not only that, but it has some of the most challenging missions (e.g.: "Expresso 2 Go!"). The story is simple compared to its successors and the soundtrack has that charming early 2000s atmosphere , but anyway, from the subjective aspect, effortlessly saying, my favorite Grant Theft Auto game.

2. Grand Theft Auto IV
I simply don't understand why there are people hate GTA IV so much. Perhaps because it doesn't have the over-the-top nature of GTA SA?
Easily, it has the best/most complex storyline of the whole series, and the saddest ending, although the whole game is intense and depressing, and the side-missions are very fun. The characters are very well developed (not to mention that Niko is my favorite protagonist), it's very immersive with tons of activities to do, the best dialogue and the best physics. It's like the spiritual successor of GTA III, and sometimes it's very hard to decide which one I prefer the best, but GTA IV has the second place.

3.  Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
The definition of timeless classic! GTA San Andreas has the best sense of humor, a long storyline, smooth mechanics, and it's impressive how it has more content in some aspects than the future entries (like the amount of clothes, "RPG-like" stats, some mini-games and a few exclusive vehicles, and etc). And I'm not very sure about it, but seems that San Andreas has the greatest amount of unblockable content.
Installing the semi-official mod "Things to do in San Andreas" (and I'm not into mods or things like that with a few exceptions), which recovers "lost" content of the game, makes it one of the best games you can play even in 2019!

4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
The most unique Grand Theft Auto game, cause it takes places in the shiny 80's. It is Rockstar's ultimate tribute to Scarface, but it's not a rip-off, but an original game with tons of interesting (and funny) characters and things to do. It has my favorite soundtrack of the whole series (c'mon, they nailed it!), and the most difficult mission of the series, "The Driver" (at least from my point of view). One feature that I really miss, is the ability to purchase different types of assets (Malibu Club, Sunshine Autos, InterGlobal Studios, Print Works etc), that could be much better incorporated on GTA V, or even some of the previous entries. Looking forward to play the unofficial "expansion" Grand Theft Auto: Shine 'o Vice, that is probably going to be released this year, and revisit this fantastic city. 

5. Grant Theft Auto V
What's funny about GTA V, is that I only played it last year when I bought it on my PlayStation 3, so I'm going to revisit it again in the future. What can I say about it? It's a great and immersive game, with the biggest city, the best shooting mechanics, and again, plenty of things to do. However, since its release, I've been expecting more from GTA V. The storyline isn't that outstanding, and I have the impression that the characters are less developed here. Also, sometimes I think that GTA V is a more "multiplayer-based" game (and I don't have much interest in playing the multiplayer component), but the cars, great amount of weapons, the attention to detail in the city, make it one of the best games of the franchise.

6. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
It was very nice to revisit my favorite city of the series/rendition of Liberty City, and though I play(ed) this game on my PlayStation 2, it's a very ambitious game originally made for the PSP. It's like a very well-made prelude to the classic GTA III, and it has a more "happier" atmosphere than the 2001 game. It's very interesting to see places under construction (like the tunnels, the bridge etc), and cool to see how Toni caused a lot of trouble in Stauton Island. Toni isn't the best protagonist, but I find the story very engaging.
Nonetheless, a must-have for anyone who loves GTA III as much as I do.

7. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
I played GTA VCS ages after playing GTA LCS with my second PS2. It's the last game of the 3D Era, and also the least greatest. It's awesome that it has a brand new checkpoint system for side-missions, an empire building thingy, and the reintroduction of some of the best characters, like Phill Cassidy and Lance Vance, but the storyline is somewhat generic, the dialog isn't that great, and Victor Vance seems to be the worst protagonist who doesn't have a sense of direction of his actions, always complaining about what he does. It's a dang great and fun game, but it's not that cool compared to the games mentioned above.

8. Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
The "third" part of the Grand Theft Auto IV, TBoGT can't be seem as just a DLC. It is an independent game, with tons of over-the-top and improvements that are missing from the original GTA IV (like those parachute missions that are very nice), and a solid storyline that perfectly closes the GTA IV's gritty storyline. I'm going to revisit it again very soon. 

9. Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned
A solid game, with a few interesting additions like a few weapons, and a heavy soundtrack with some nice metal songs (since I'm a metalhead, it's worth to mention it). I played it only twice, and I really need to revisit it, but it doesn't have anything that memorable, so I cannot say much about it. Like most of people, it's my least favorite game of the GTA IV saga.

10. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
What a nice little game! Played it on my Android smartphone once, and really loved it. The touch-based minigames are nice, and the story is nice (specially the way that the game tells the missions). From the gameplay perspective, it has the most fast-paced mechanics. As usual, Rockstar did a great job.

11. Grand Theft Auto 2
The oddest entry of the series, and the only game that takes place in a futuristic setting. Played it for the first time ages ago on my PS1, and I used to love it back in the day. The storyline, well... There's no consistent storyline here, but the reputations that you have with gangs, and the three different districts combined with a messy (but interesting) gameplay, make it a very solid game. It aged very well, but if you can go back and forget about the successors, you are gonna have some fun with it.

12. Grand Theft Auto Advance
Played it on the original Game Boy Advance, I remember that I was about to complete the last mission, but decided to give up. It's not a great game, and the missions aren't that engaging. Interestingly, it has features of the previous 3D games, like the HUD, same weapons, cars and side missions, but that doesn't make this little game great. Digital Eclipse did what they could on the GBA hardware.

13. Grand Theft Auto
The one that started it all. The first one that I played, but unfortunately, I used to love GTA 1 when I was a kid, but GTA 1 aged very poorly. The camera is messy, it's difficult to control the cars, the missions are way too simple, and it doesn't have most of features that we love in the series, except its core nature. Even the nostalgia factor doesn't work on it.

P.S.: I've never played "Grand Theft Auto: London 1969" and "Grand Theft Auto: London 1961", so I cannot include both games here.

iiCriminnaaL 49
On 1/6/2019 at 3:12 AM, American Venom said:

3) GTA III

4) TLAD

You disappointed me, Claudy boy 😠

Spoiler

k, just kidding 😛

Anyway:

1) The Lost and Damned

2) IV

3) San Andreas

4) Vice City Stories

5) Vice City

6) The Ballad of Gay Tony

Seventh is quite a hard choice between Liberty City Stories and V. However, I guess GTA III lays below them both for me.

Emmi

Favorite

GTA IV

5RrfUeK.png

zYpKm7K.png

Least favorite

GTA V

TheSantader25

Time for a 2019 list:

1.San Andreas (10/10)

2.V (9.5/10)

3.Vice City (9.5/10)

4.IV+EFLC (9/10)

5.III (9/10)

6.Vice City Stories (8.5/10)

7.Liberty City Stories (7.5/10)

The Deadite

My list:

1) GTA IV

2) GTA Vice City

3) GTA TBOGT

4) GTA The Lost and Damned

5) GTA Vice City Stories

4) GTA Liberty City Stories

5) GTAO

6)  GTA 3

7) Simpsons Hit & Run

😎 Saints Row 2

9) True Crime Streets of New York

GTA V is somewhere down there, safe to say i wouldnt play it ever again.

Edited by The Deadite

ZekoX

still VC remains the top for me

Ertan Soner
4 hours ago, ZekoX said:

still VC remains the top for me

Finally some love for vice city