4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cutscene Liberty City Xbox textures

Blackbird88

I have placed Majesty's LCS portland to there, also added proper water =D I consider releasing it after I made paths.

That's awesome but maybe if we'd like to keep the continuity with LCS, some buildings shouldn't be there like the project building in the Red Light District, the construction site in Harwood, and maybe a few other differences in Portland. It would be pretty cool to see have these little details IMO. :)

So how'd you solve the other interiors getting in way?

I have moved it to 950m height, due to water not rendering above 950m. Also interior has changed to 0, but I can make it 5(which is only interior water can render) if hospital/police spawn in interior is possible.

I have placed Majesty's LCS portland to there, also added proper water =D I consider releasing it after I made paths.

That's awesome but maybe if we'd like to keep the continuity with LCS, some buildings shouldn't be there like the project building in the Red Light District, the construction site in Harwood, and maybe a few other differences in Portland. It would be pretty cool to see have these little details IMO. :)

Yeah, it could be good but currently I'm trying to make it run seamless, so probably I will do it later =)

Edited by erorcun

So how'd you solve the other interiors getting in way?

I have moved it to 950m height, due to water not rendering above 950m. Also interior has changed to 0, but I can make it 5(which is only interior water can render) if hospital/police spawn in interior is possible.

The problem with this is that you'll break the mission associated with it and I'm against any main.scm modding unless it'll be modded to actually have the car chase. Good luck though :)

Edited by Blackbird88

The problem with this is that you'll break the mission associated with it and I'm against any main.scm modding unless it'll be modded to actually have the car chase. Good luck though :)

No, I didn't touch old liberty city, I just added whole portland to its 70m below.

I'm not gonna edit main.scm, if I will add chase, I will just use CLEO :p

Edited by erorcun

No, I didn't touch old liberty city, I just added whole portland to its 70m below.

I'm not gonna edit main.scm, if I will add chase, I will just use CLEO :p

Nevermind then. It just looked like you did :D

• 2 weeks later...

What interior is conflicting with the interior portland exactly? Where is it located?

Zero RC's battleground. The last mission where you control the RC Heli. It's fairly close. Look on my screen from previous page. The wooden thing is the building.

In that case, you could block the roads leading to the Warehouse area and the grass hill that should enter the warehouse (the train depot/8 Ball's junkyard) can be cut, just try to ''hide'' it. To be honest, even if at least we get a full REAL Portland shot in that little cutscene and in the distance of the restaurant's back area should pretty much fullfill most of this mod.

But yeah, if you want to make it mostly open/accessible, put road blocks and all that sh*t to block the player from getting to the warehouse. Put police car props/SWAT cars covered with snow with an invisible wall, a collapsed building or just a sh*tLOAD OF SNOW! You just gotta be creative on the way you can block it :p

• Like 4

What interior is conflicting with the interior portland exactly? Where is it located?

Zero RC's battleground. The last mission where you control the RC Heli. It's fairly close. Look on my screen from previous page. The wooden thing is the building.

In that case, you could block the roads leading to the Warehouse area and the grass hill that should enter the warehouse (the train depot/8 Ball's junkyard) can be cut, just try to ''hide'' it. To be honest, even if at least we get a full REAL Portland shot in that little cutscene and in the distance of the restaurant's back area should pretty much fullfill most of this mod.

But yeah, if you want to make it mostly open/accessible, put road blocks and all that sh*t to block the player from getting to the warehouse. Put police car props/SWAT cars covered with snow with an invisible wall, a collapsed building or just a sh*tLOAD OF SNOW! You just gotta be creative on the way you can block it :p

Yeah I think making roadblocks like the Shoreside tunnel uses would be perfect to make it look like there is some police action in progress.

And so begins the definitive version of snowy LC in SA. Good work! So since there's the warehouse to the mid-north of Portland, is there anything else that could block you to the rest of it? As far as I remember there was the Vice City stadium below it or something, but I don't think it could get in the way.

And so begins the definitive version of snowy LC in SA. Good work! So since there's the warehouse to the mid-north of Portland, is there anything else that could block you to the rest of it? As far as I remember there was the Vice City stadium below it or something, but I don't think it could get in the way.

Oh yeah there are stadium interiors below so hopefully Portland is more flat than I remember.

Why not just dupe the interior somewhere where it's collision-free and leave the current one as is so the mission doesn't break?

Cause the idea is to expand the one currently in-game. I'm pretty sure SOL will contain III/VC/SA next to each other.

Also the mission shouldn't break. I left the mission area intact.

EDIT: Man this is some weird ass sh*t. The game always crashes with the new objects even though DFFs/TXDs are fine and I'm using free IDs. Damn.

Edited by Blackbird88

Found another texture missing from my pack. It's the rustybolts_drk I had to restore due to using wrong one. It's used for the station platform fence.

BTW the game is still crashing when I add new objects so I'll have to figure the mapping part later.

indust2.txd

• rustybolts_drk updated from 32x32 texture to 256x256 one

DOWNLOAD UPDATED!

Edited by Blackbird88

Duas pass rendering on Hero's skygfx fixes it. But it hurts my fps so bad some reason.

Yeah I also get occasional framerate drops when using that, disabling dual pass on grass helped but it still lags sometimes. Afaik the mobile version of the game handles alpha stuff in a more performance friendly way.

EDIT: Man this is some weird ass sh*t. The game always crashes with the new objects even though DFFs/TXDs are fine and I'm using free IDs. Damn.

Did you add collision? The game crashes if there isn't one.

• Like 4

Did you add collision? The game crashes if there isn't one.

Well sh*t :D

You're lifesaver! That's really only thing I didn't even try although I knew that R* used blank collisions for rest of LC.

xmIqcFw.png

Edited by Blackbird88

I just thought of something, shouldn't the Supa Save be a Fidl store, seeing as that's what it was in LCS? Or are you keeping the III names and such?

Well there is SupaSave store somewhere in Las Venturas so I guess this one makes a little sense I guess.
Actually it's San Fierro from the gtawikia
aFay91i.jpg

And I have no idea how to convert LCS models to SA and I'd rather not steal models from LCS mods :)

Edited by Blackbird88

You can use this I guess.

So can I use this freely? Just mention the guy in credits? I can't find anything about this :/

Funnily enough even the SA Introduction uses III LC :D

Edited by Blackbird88

You can use the lcs portland and just add luigi's club instead of the other.

I'd rather just have Paulie's Club or none at all, I mean, it makes no sense to still use the SA logic of LC. Luigi had a club, sold it, new owners completely changed the front, then after sh*t went down in LCS Luigi simply bought it back and REMADE the front? Sounds really silly.

That's only because LCS didn't exist when SA was released so they reused III LC even in the Introduction video

dIUBvef.png

Edited by Blackbird88