Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Andreas

Can I Run It?

Anda7x

How about my old pc,maybe ultra low?

TheEightFingeredMan

I already made a thread asking about this, but if I post this question here I might get different opinions.

Does anyone know what running at minimum settings is expected to be like? Akin to a Ps3/Xbox360 performance/graphics perhaps? Or worse?

Jociz

You probably going to egnore me as every time ..but ill put this anyway. ...so i was thinking about this theory if i can run gta v at good fps with my gtx860m. ..so i was thinking ..wach dogs minmum card graphic is a gtx 460 (holy f**g s**t!) ..and i play watch dogs on high 1360x768 27fps to 30fps (30fps most of the time) and i liked it :)....and on another hand ..gta v minmum gc is a 9800 GT o.O and this is sooo loow compared to that gtx 460!! sooo im really exited to beat gta v at high 40+ fps :p ..some guys will be like...are you insane!? Mobile gpus are soo dump to have and to put your hopes on..and i cant argue with you....and forgive my english ;p

raburs

low, 30 fps..don't expect anything more.

I already made a thread asking about this, but if I post this question here I might get different opinions.

Does anyone know what running at minimum settings is expected to be like? Akin to a Ps3/Xbox360 performance/graphics perhaps? Or worse?

I would say, medium should be a lot better than X360/PS3... high should be PS4/XBONE like ..and low should be X360/PS3 like...

That's my assumption based on the reqs.

You probably going to egnore me as every time ..but ill put this anyway. ...so i was thinking about this theory if i can run gta v at good fps with my gtx860m. ..so i was thinking ..wach dogs minmum card graphic is a gtx 460 (holy f**g s**t!) ..and i play watch dogs on high 1360x768 27fps to 30fps (30fps most of the time) and i liked it :)....and on another hand ..gta v minmum gc is a 9800 GT o.O and this is sooo loow compared to that gtx 460!! sooo im really exited to beat gta v at high 40+ fps :p ..some guys will be like...are you insane!? Mobile gpus are soo dump to have and to put your hopes on..and i cant argue with you....and forgive my english ;p

Those guys are neither fully correct nor fully wrong.....Mobile GPUs are weak.. But your GPU is pretty good, GTX 860M is an upper mid-range card (as they say)..At 1360X768 you could easily be able to play 40-50fps high.. Let those guys argue. You have a good GPU for GTAV.

Regards,

gtafan001

FX6300+R9 270X+8Gb 1333MHz+500w PSU on 1280x1024

I play battlefield 4 on ultra and when there are "hard" scenes or something like that, I don't know how to say, it's 40-55fps but on "silent" places it gets to 70-80fps

How would I play GTA V with that rig?

Sorry for my bad English

Tranquility Base Hotel

I play battlefield 4 on ultra and when there are "hard" scenes or something like that, I don't know how to say, it's 40-55fps but on "silent" places it gets to 70-80fps

Sorry for my bad English

Should be fine on that resolution.

dionkoffie

Sorry for my bad English

almost got the same specs.

i7 4770

8 gb 1333MHz

750 watt psu

msi radeon r9 270x 4gb gddr5 oc

I think 1080p ultra 60 fps.

I dont have a 4k monitor but will I able to run 4k ultra at 60fps?

Jociz

You're the boss man...thank you for putting my head to ease (y)

Anda7x

low, 30 fps..don't expect anything more.

OK,pretty decent for me,thanks in advance :)

CantThinkOfOne2013

DESKTOP OR LAPTOP: Laptop

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i7-4510U CPU (2.00GHz - 3.10GHz)

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2GB Dedicated, 3.9GB Total)

RAM: 8GB

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

I pray to God that I can run it modded with PS3 quality visuals with 30fps.

I can run GTA IV in almost full settings (max settings (apart from shadows due to ENB) are still smooth, but I fear pop in) with CryENB (Medium-end version, high-end works smootly, but many high poly mods on screen at once cause frame drops), and many high poly vehicle mods, and it runs smooth, not sure of the exact frame rate though.

JeffersonCJ

Specs are in my signature, I am sure that I can run it on Medium/High. :)

mhs619

CPU: Core i5 4570 3.2ghz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600mhz

GPU: GTX 660 2GB GDDR5

Since my GPU met the recommended requirement of the official PC Specs, so i'll be looking forward to play the game atleast at 1080p High if not in Ultra.. What do you say guys??

theNGclan

CPU: i7 4770k 3.5 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: GTX 660 2GB

Well, what's the verdict?

sankyu

can i run on high settings in 900p my monitor, or i should upgrade my RAM?

i5 4440 3,1 GHz (4 CPU)

RAM 4 GB

ZOTAC 750Ti 2GB

Edited by sankyu

Rugz007

Can I run on my IMac? 1080p

GPU : Intel iris pro 4gb

Cpu: Intel I5 2.7 ghz

Ram : 8gb

Kampret

What do they mean by system requirements though? Is the minimum requirements just to run it at ps3/360 quality and performance and the reccomended to run it at ps4 levels?

Not as bad as PS3/X360 though. Both consoles only have DX9. I think running the game on Low to medium at 720p, while getting 30 FPS.

michael85225

Anyone think I can play with this: AMD A8-3500m quad core ( I'm using AMD Overdrive to keep it clocked at 2.4 ghz), Raedon 6620g (yes it's integrated), 8GB ram, running on 1366x768 display. I know my setup is weak compared to others on here but its all I got for now and I can play GTA IV on medium setting with 30 fps.

raburs

CPU: i7 4770k 3.5 GHz

GPU: GTX 660 2GB

Well, what's the verdict?

Since its recommended, expect high settings..

can i run on high settings in 900p my monitor, or i should upgrade my RAM?

i5 4440 3,1 GHz (4 CPU)

RAM 4 GB

ZOTAC 750Ti 2GB

RAM is a problem.

And i think u will be fine at high-medium...

Can I run on my IMac? 1080p

GPU : Intel iris pro 4gb

Cpu: Intel I5 2.7 ghz

Ram : 8gb

You can "run" it...

Nothing more. :)

Anyone think I can play with this: AMD A8-3500m quad core ( I'm using AMD Overdrive to keep it clocked at 2.4 ghz), Raedon 6620g (yes it's integrated), 8GB ram, running on 1366x768 display. I know my setup is weak compared to others on here but its all I got for now and I can play GTA IV on medium setting with 30 fps.

I don't think so.. Sorry, but you will surely experience heavy frame rate drops even at low settings.

CPU: Core i5 4570 3.2ghz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600mhz

GPU: GTX 660 2GB GDDR5

Since my GPU met the recommended requirement of the official PC Specs, so i'll be looking forward to play the game atleast at 1080p High if not in Ultra.. What do you say guys??

Recommended Reqs. would be for high settings... Ultra would be pushing it.. But still give it a try. ;)

DESKTOP OR LAPTOP: Laptop

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i7-4510U CPU (2.00GHz - 3.10GHz)

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2GB Dedicated, 3.9GB Total)

RAM: 8GB

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

I pray to God that I can run it modded with PS3 quality visuals with 30fps.

I can run GTA IV in almost full settings (max settings (apart from shadows due to ENB) are still smooth, but I fear pop in) with CryENB (Medium-end version, high-end works smootly, but many high poly mods on screen at once cause frame drops), and many high poly vehicle mods, and it runs smooth, not sure of the exact frame rate though.

Low-medium... yes.

IAMTHEONEANDONLY

I'm a caveman at computers so

what settings do you guys think it will run for me?

GPU: AMD A6-5400k APU with Radeon HD 3.60 GHz

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 8.1

I think it's just HD because it the stock with the computer(prebuilt)

raburs

Windows 8.1

You need to specify the GPU...

Please check.

IAMTHEONEANDONLY

Windows 8.1

You need to specify the GPU...

Please check.

After some some intense google chases it is a Radeon HD 7540D

Here is the computer too if you need to look over it or whatever.http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-p6-2330-A6-5400K-Processor/dp/B009I9N1PU the graphics came with it

Edited by IAMTHEONEANDONLY

Th3MaN1

The only concern I have is that I have a Pentium G3020 3.0 GhZ dual core. What you guys think?

ClareXoBearrx3R9

Hey guys :D

I just played GTA IV: TBOGT on my rig for the first time and I must say i'm really suprised.

The game ran smooth as hell on my pc, mainting a 50-55 stable fps from what I could see with my eyes, with a 1024x780 resolution everyhting maxed out except for shadows, reflection quality and texture filtering

Is TBOGT a good game to compare, or was it also a game like IV that wasn't very good optimised?

TBoGT was far better optimized than was Grand Theft Auto IV. So if it ran well with TBoGT, you should be OK with IV and hopefully V.

Kaito Katsumi

All my friends told me my CPU sucks and is bottlenecking. I am convinced they are wrong but i need your opinions.

I have an i5-4690. I researched and its a pretty high end i5.

My friends said only i7s are acceptable for gaming.

TJGM

I just played GTA IV: TBOGT on my rig for the first time and I must say i'm really suprised.

The game ran smooth as hell on my pc, mainting a 50-55 stable fps from what I could see with my eyes, with a 1024x780 resolution everyhting maxed out except for shadows, reflection quality and texture filtering

Is TBOGT a good game to compare, or was it also a game like IV that wasn't very good optimised?

TBoGT was far better optimized than was Grand Theft Auto IV. So if it ran well with TBoGT, you should be OK with IV and hopefully V.

IV and TBOGT aren't that much different in terms of optimization..

I talked to NTA about it and it turns out the reason that IV ran so badly was because of the map. R* literally used way too many materials on every single model and that even includes LOD's (far distance models). They didn't change much in TBoGT either, so the difference in FPS shouldn't be that noticeable.

If you don't think it was in fact the map either, try NTA's ViIV mod that allows you to play the V map on IV. You can run it on fairly high settings with a medium-end CPU and still get a much higher FPS than the vanilla GTA IV.

ClareXoBearrx3R9

IV and TBOGT aren't that much different in terms of optimization..

I talked to NTA about it and it turns out the reason that IV ran so badly was because of the map. R* literally used way too many materials on every single model and that even includes LOD's (far distance models). They didn't change much in TBoGT either, so the difference in FPS shouldn't be that noticeable.

If you don't think it was in fact the map either, try NTA's ViIV mod that allows you to play the V map on IV. You can run it on fairly high settings with a medium-end CPU and still get a much higher FPS than the vanilla GTA IV.

It is possible that NTA is correct; I don't bother trying graphics mods (if you see my specifications, I'm sure you can understand why) but nonetheless, TBoGT did use less resources and was less demanding on the CPU. And to my eyes (again, take with a grain of salt because I'm not a graphics person) TBoGT did appear to have better visuals, although I'm aware the visualsettings.dat played a part in that.

SatournFan

Intel Core i5-4570

GTX 760 2 GB

8 GB RAM

how good will it be?

ClareXoBearrx3R9

Anyone here with a CPU of the Intel i-*570K and over 6 GB is likely good hands, not considering the GPU.

Maybe it was due to the fact that TBoGT actually used console textures in some instances. I'm not too sure as I'm not that familiar with IV, but it's always possible.

Interesting - I did not know that. Well I guess that could play a factor then! :p