1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheDamnTrainCJ

Is Victor Vance the most human GTA Character?

DJToni

Vic Vance has a lot of human qualities. He WAS the last protagonist in the 3D universe, so by that time R* already had the idea of giving their protagonists actual personalities. Claude and Tommy obviously didn't have personalities whatsoever. CJ basically got the whole "protagonist with personality" thing going. So you could argue CJ being another human like protagonist.

Foffy

Vic seemed like a character not matched for the game he was in. A lot of times he would come off as a kind of peaceful, non-violent individual, only to take a task that was bathed in violence. This is mainly due to the game design: you can't have a guy talking about not wanting to kill people one moment, and then the next is a mission where the whole point from the start is to kill people recklessly. Of the GTA games I've played and finished, Vic seemed to be the most hypocritical and weak willed of the lot, though this is because most characters were more "one dimensional" and their personalities lapped with the game in terms of design. In terms of looking at Vic's personality and the game flow of VCS, he's a character that is very "say one thing, do another" that does not match the game very well. He would have worked better if the game was better designed with his personality, for if anything it's his personality that doesn't match the game.

I would say Niko is a far more human character, for almost all of his acts of violence come with a personality that supports it, that there's a sense of hesitance where it's allowed, but also rage when the time arrives for it. He's the most consistent character with personality that goes beyond a killer doing crime for the sake of a killer doing crime.

Edited by Foffy

Le zébu suintant

Its not because he don't like drugs that he is most human. :)

The Deadite

no, that would be Niko, i really like Victor but i don't know how you go from this:

00Vic-Vance_1.jpg

to this:

VictorVance-GTAVC.jpg

in 3 years, he must had more drugs than Trevor and Bolivia together

Edited by Midnight Hitman

Le zébu suintant

Indeed.

I think its a big error to include him in vice city.

90sGTA

Vic Vance has a lot of human qualities. He WAS the last protagonist in the 3D universe, so by that time R* already had the idea of giving their protagonists actual personalities. Claude and Tommy obviously didn't have personalities whatsoever. CJ basically got the whole "protagonist with personality" thing going. So you could argue CJ being another human like protagonist.

No personality? I mean I agree that Claude has no personality, but Tommy actually did have a personality. He was intelligent, intuitive, cognizant, laid-back, and, at most, hot-tempered. Plus he never got addicted to his own drugs. So that means he was smarter than the average GTA protagonist. To say he has no personality whatsoever is 100% absurd

DJToni

No personality? I mean I agree that Claude has no personality, but Tommy actually did have a personality. He was intelligent, intuitive, cognizant, laid-back, and, at most, hot-tempered. Plus he never got addicted to his own drugs. So that means he was smarter than the average GTA protagonist. To say he has no personality whatsoever is 100% absurd

Maybe not %100. But I felt like Tommy was a pretty basic character. He was just ruthless and had no remorse for his crimes or what he did. If you call that a personality then I guess you could be right.

lastmanonearth

Yes, I agree. Vic is cool. Although I am intimidated by him because he`s too perfect.

UshaB

What do you mean by perfect?

ps. He is my favourite GTA character.

lastmanonearth

He has no shortcomings that I can see, unlike any other GTA protagonist like for example, Michael who`s a drunk (same here!) Trevor who`s insane, Franklin who`s young and boring, Niko who`s an illegal, always depressed and has a thick accent, CJ who`s gullible and taken advantage of by everyone, Tommy who served 15 years in prison, Claude who can`t talk, Tony Cipriani who takes sh*t from his mom... I guess the only shortcoming Vic has is that he gets killed (although I have no f*cking idea how he dies.)

UshaB

It's bullcrap that R* confirmed his death. Vic didn't seem like the type that would lay down his morals. Johnny too though. R* are just wankers.

90sGTA

Maybe not %100. But I felt like Tommy was a pretty basic character. He was just ruthless and had no remorse for his crimes or what he did. If you call that a personality then I guess you could be right. And explain to me your connotation of a "personality". I'll wait.

The Made Man

Yes. And that's why he's my most least liked GTA protagonist ever. He felt so out of place in a GTA game that it made the whole experience cringe worthy for me. Like Martinez said he's, "A good guy in a bad man's game."

roadrage19

Maybe not %100. But I felt like Tommy was a pretty basic character. He was just ruthless and had no remorse for his crimes or what he did.

Well what do you expect from a man who spent 15 years in prison? Edited by roadrage19

Ragref

Both Victor and Luis are human and Dominican.

I guess we're the only human country on earth.

Failure

It's not Victor and it's not Luis. It's Mike.

Rollin69

Vic is the second greatest protagonist of all time behind CJ. Hell all the protagonists are great. Except that fa**ot Tommy. I f*cking hate that fag. He is an asshole who doesn't care about no one.

Edited by Rollin69

FMMZ

Vic is the second greatest protagonist of all time behind CJ. Hell all the protagonists are great. Except that fa**ot Tommy. I f*cking hate that fag. He is an asshole who doesn't care about no one.

Oh yeah... You talk like if Claude take care of somebody, Tommy cared about Earnest Kelly, he actually cared about Lance, but Lance f*cked things up, and in criminal world there is no place for make the same mistake twice.

GTA19somethin

He has no shortcomings that I can see, unlike any other GTA protagonist like for example, Michael who`s a drunk (same here!) Trevor who`s insane, Franklin who`s young and boring, Niko who`s an illegal, always depressed and has a thick accent, CJ who`s gullible and taken advantage of by everyone, Tommy who served 15 years in prison, Claude who can`t talk, Tony Cipriani who takes sh*t from his mom... I guess the only shortcoming Vic has is that he gets killed (although I have no f*cking idea how he dies.) Vic has plenty of shortcomings. His father's dead, his mother's a cokehead, his brother's f*cking retarded, his other brother has asthma, he got kicked out of the army, he's a f*cking hypocrite, he's dumb enough to let his idiot brother talk him into doing dumb sh*t, and he broke his promise to never touch drugs again. If those aren't shortcomings, I don't know what is.

And btw, he got killed in the intro of GTA VC.

Edited by GTA19somethin

lastmanonearth

He has no shortcomings that I can see, unlike any other GTA protagonist like for example, Michael who`s a drunk (same here!) Trevor who`s insane, Franklin who`s young and boring, Niko who`s an illegal, always depressed and has a thick accent, CJ who`s gullible and taken advantage of by everyone, Tommy who served 15 years in prison, Claude who can`t talk, Tony Cipriani who takes sh*t from his mom... I guess the only shortcoming Vic has is that he gets killed (although I have no f*cking idea how he dies.)
Vic has plenty of shortcomings. His father's dead, his mother's a cokehead, his brother's f*cking retarded, his other brother has asthma, he got kicked out of the army, he's a f*cking hypocrite, he's dumb enough to let his idiot brother talk him into doing dumb sh*t, and he broke his promise to never touch drugs again. If those aren't shortcomings, I don't know what is.

And btw, he got killed in the intro of GTA VC.

He most certainly didn`t get killed in the intro, I don`t know when he got killed but that Cuban fat guy with a comb-over isn`t Vic. Other than that, all those "shortcomings" are other people`s problems rather than his. He only tries to help his family, they`re f*cked up but he isn`t. His only mistake was dealing with drugs, but that`s the same mistake Tommy made, who`s also great. Vic is a pretty great character because if you look solely at him and put his family aside he`s the nicest of the GTA protagonists and the most badass, plus he has more problems than you could wrap your head around and he still overcomes all the hardships and makes it on top.

UshaB

The truth is though, and I had a massive rage comment at R* when I did find out it was Vic. Rockstar confirmed it is Vic that get's killed when a fan asked. No matter how many differences there are of VCS and VC's Vic, they're somehow both the same.

lastmanonearth

The truth is though, and I had a massive rage comment at R* when I did find out it was Vic. Rockstar confirmed it is Vic that get's killed when a fan asked. No matter how many differences there are of VCS and VC's Vic, they're somehow both the same.

That`s a very lazy "Get outta here kid!" kinda answer from them "Yeah, sure, Vic, whatever. Next question!"

gangster2332

most human? no

Batfleck

I think Niko Bellic and Michael are the most human protagonists personally, but Vic did have a good side to him.

Weed_from_Field

Victor had money,apartments,luxury cars and suits,but instead of leaving the game he tried to sell the drugs to gain more money,resulting in his death. Morale of the story is: don't be greedy.

UshaB

Please define what makes us human?

e.g. Blade Runner

lastmanonearth

Please define what makes us human?

e.g. Blade Runner

The crippled guy who murdered his wife?

UshaB

The movie.

Niko Montana

Vic had the most morals (IMO)

FMMZ