1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Simply Logic

What was GTA 4 Multiplayer like to you?

Flachbau

LSC's are the new hot spots in GTA V :p

slimeball supreme

LSC's are the new hot spots in GTA V :p

Tuning their cars, so they can drive to Vice City?

CaptainMental

Airport, cheaters, airport and airport

Those who control the airport controls the GTAIV world....

straightupmenace

Hey, don't diss the airport. The airport separates the boys from the men.

Combatant132

It was awesome with no cop lobbies

B Dawg

Yes, airports are full of immigrant boys :lol: f*ckin' yokels, peasants and bottom feeders.

Edited by B Dawg

Stoney0503

Yes, airports are full of immigrant boys :lol: f*ckin' yokels, peasants and bottom feeders.

Peasants with level 1 clothing!

thehambone

Swingset glitch, races, chilling with my buddies.

I mostly played with one or two friends in private lobbies where we didn't have to deal with the airport madness. Occasionally we'd venture out into a public lobby though, because sometimes that madness was quite fun!

Sawnek

- Free mode, free mode, free mode, freemode.

- Spawning at the airport, watching the barrage of rockets, explosives and helicopters.

- The Swingset glitch, I remember messing around with this for hours with friends, seeing who got the furthest.

- Taking bikes and riding them around the city, between races and stunts.

- Bomb Da Base II

- For some reason, deathmatch in the prison courtyard.

GTA IV multiplayer was brilliant, it had a good set of game modes and you weren't at a disadvantage due to your level, as leveling up would only grant you more clothing for your character.

As much as I can appreciate GTA Online, some of the great times I had on IV's multiplayer made it a better experience for me.

fefenc

Much better than GTA CancerLine... at least IV MP didn't killed the GTA franchise.

J Cobra

Much better than GTA CancerLine... at least IV MP didn't killed the GTA franchise.

Saying something doesn't make it true.

Flachbau

Having your own opinion doesn't mean it's superior, either.. but you constantly press the issue

Texturiser

The multiplayer in GTA IV was balanced, fair and extremely entertaining for me.

Lester-The-Molester

It was heaven, so fun and random. There were either dogfights, RPG trolling or just spamming the kick button lol

Going on top of that penthouse next to Middle Park or any other interior with randoms. Getting a group of players in a car and doing drive bys on other people or just under the map, and best thing, friendly fire was off, so if you got by a rocket/chopper blade... we all know what would happen. 😃

Awesom-0

It was fun when eveyone was scattered around the map instead of just packed into the airport. It was also fun doing shootouts with three other players in a SWAT Enforcer, seeing how long you could last. I also remember doing glitches like the swingset glitch with friends too.

I guess the missions, deathmatches, and races were fun too.

I just hated all the damn modders, out to ruin everyone's fun. I also hated having to collect all of my weapons again after i died.

TBH, i kinda prefer GTA:O over GTA:IV's multiplayer...

Awesom-0

Thing is, IDK why people choose the airport so often, it's sh*t for deathmatches, weapons are far apart, it's a huge waste of space (for a deathmatch), there's also barely any form of cover whatsoever.

That's probably because in singleplayer, you would be greeted with a 4-star wanted level when entering the AirPort. Also, there were plenty of ramps to jump cars off of, and that's were the Annihilator's spawned.

Or maybe they wanted to take a plane to Los Santos, and play GTA:O (The better multiplayer)

Edited by Awesom-0

kvic

Great unlike 5 ,I used to have a lot of fun with the races ,I made some new friends and enimies.

anthony

It was f*cked up but very fun, you spawn, take an smg, kill the closest players, steal a car at the parking tower at the airport while some other was in the chopper shooting everybody and also some with the RPG, it was very fun !

You die, no problem you can just start again and again, to me this is THE online with the true values of the GTA Series.

Edited by cry_wolf

VenomsnakeVII

Gta IV online was well.. Nostalgic even when new, yes there were cheaters, But I also view the good memorable moments before all that happened to outweigh the negativity. such moments include when i was being chased through the seedy back alleys of North Holland with nothing but a pistol and a knife by four guys in an oracle, only for my friend to save me by the skin of my teeth by making a quick extraction near the junkyard in his annihilator. that moment alone made me feel amazed at how much tension such a game can make. and the gratification of a smooth escape from the assailants and the success of it. Damn i could go on but y'all get my point. Hopefully i find the right people to replicate this all with in V.

CometGT

GTA IV multiplayer was and in a way is still a great part of the game, especially like others have mentioned so far about spawning near the closest player and see who could kill the first. Dare I say, that it is still quite fun after all of this time, hate to see it stopped anytime soon. Hopefully not though.

Stoney0503

Sometimes I wish my PS3 wasn't broken, I would probably occasionally go on GTA IV Multiplayer, it feels like playing an extremely early version of GTA Online, no Lazers, Tanks, Heavy Armour, Hydras, Savages, Miniguns, Combat MG's or Sticky Bombs,

just Annihilators, Assault Rifles, SMGs and Grenades.

Tycek

GTA IV MP was very pleasant experience to me. I haven't played SAMP before, so it was kind of fresh to me to play multiplayer in my favourite series. We (me and the gang I'm part of) had a lot of fun, doing random things (like car bowling, Annihilator air flights, etc.) and I also took part in couple of events made by Docrikowski (Race League - damn, I miss these nights or Turf Wars), meeting people from other gangs, talking sh*t on chat, etc.

Also my events were hosted there and the first one (DDT) is still thing to remember, especially the finale.

I really wish R* didn't make that O, killing all the fun in the process. People were having good time, without grinding and buying unnecessary stuff and that was the most important.

Edited by Tycek

Doctor Dollars

Bomb the base was really fun, I wish there were more coop missions in GTA IV. Missions in GTA V feel like a chore.

B Dawg

GTA IV Multiplayer missions had only one boss, but a really cool boss. Now we must drink! And forget the bloodshed.

GTAKid667

I've had some brilliant times playing GTA IV Multiplayer over the years with many friends and we'd end up doing some of the most random things either in Free Mode or during one of the other Multiplayer Game Modes. I've met a lot of different people playing it too, including those who seem to be genuinely nice people, and those who have unsuccessfully tried to gun me down in an Annihilator, think they're hot sh*t at driving yet used to lose the race, and those who'd spend their time on a GTA Race trying to gun down other players so they'd have to use the Faggio - Not to mention that one guy that drove me and another player to the airport before getting out and blowing us up with a Rocket Launcher!

The best was the time I somehow really pissed another player off in Bomb Da Base and he went into a completely violent rage chasing me down with the Securicar trying to shoot me while repeatedly pressing the horn, which then ended as he managed to flip the vehicle into the water besides the drop off point because my vehicle broke down and unfortunately stopped right in the middle of the path to the Helipad - I've never laughed so hard when 'Mission Failed' faded onto the screen. :lol:

And all of that just made it so much more entertaining and fun, so I'd say that I definitely had a great experience GTA IV Multiplayer with some great memories and playing it with some great people. It was my first experience playing a GTA Game in Multiplayer and I'd say it was very well implemented and completely worth it.

TheOneLibertonian

IV MP was fun. It's plain and simple. Knowing that SP is the core game, but MP was fun as hell. I do play GTA O, but the grinding and the load times are annoyingly boring IMO.

Xing of Virtue

It looked like a multiplayer to me.

Pedinhuh

Forgetable, in my eyes IV is a SP game, not MP. Like every GTA should be.

I tried MP a couple of times but it got old and boring very fast, everyone was at the airport killing themselves or the hapiness statue on deathmatches or free mode, the races were a mess, and the ranks were useless.

I played IV solely for the solid SP experience.

Edited by pedinhuh

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Fun. It still is whenever the lobbies are full. It's simplicity. No pentalties or limits.

Cheatz/Trickz

IV multiplayer was a good laugh. Having people sending Kick notifications because you are owning them is satisfying. Like the main game, it actually succeeds at what it intends to, unlike another certain game.