3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Confessions.

Crowhazard

I never reached Algonquin in my first playthrough of IV years ago. I would make it to the “Bohan” arc (post-Roman’s Sorrow, when Niko starts doing work for Manny, Elizabeta and Playboy X) and just abandon the rest of the story in favour of dicking around instead. Which in hindsight is absolutely hilarious, given that one of the earliest missions you can do for Playboy X is what unlocks the island. I must have been one mission away… one mission!

Edited by Crowhazard
  • KEKW 1

This reminds me. When I was a kid and played Grand Theft Auto III I've never unlocked Staunton Island. 

I guess I only needed Portland to have tons of fun.

Whenever I play GTA I think about this forum. When I'm playing SA I think of all the SA Fanboys like this is where they live and this is what they keep on arguing about. When I play IV I think of Algonquin Assassin and my fellow IV fans, when I play V I think of V fans and so on.

Algonquin Assassin
2 minutes ago, Zello said:

When I play IV I think of Algonquin Assassin.

I have that impression on others.:blush:

billiejoearmstrong8
11 hours ago, Zello said:

Whenever I play GTA I think about this forum. When I'm playing SA I think of all the SA Fanboys like this is where they live and this is what they keep on arguing about. When I play IV I think of Algonquin Assassin and my fellow IV fans, when I play V I think of V fans and so on.

I don't currently do that, but I have a feeling that after reading this now I'm going to

Staunton Assassin

During my very first few playthroughs of SA, I always used to be the first one to reach Ganton in the first mission with zero damage. I dunno why, but doing that seemed like fun.

Edited by Staunton Assassin
Algonquin Assassin

I have to admit that it amazes me that by the time GTA VI comes out the gap between GTA V and GTA VI will be older than some of the squeakers who play GTAO who weren't even alive in 2013.

/mindblown.

• Like 5
Carl Theft Auto

Here's my biggest confession I guess...

I actually like GTA IV very much but I pretend to hate it because of this guy who told me to shut up because I joked about GTA V will be praised when GTA VI will be released. but since he dissappeared, I kinda feel safe saying this now. I still hate the overprotective fanboys.

Edited by Carl Theft Auto
Algonquin Assassin
1 hour ago, Carl Theft Auto said:

Here's my biggest confession I guess...

I actually like GTA IV very much but I pretend to hate it because of this guy who told me to shut up because I joked about GTA V will be praised when GTA VI will be released. but since he dissappeared, I kinda feel safe saying this now. I still hate the overprotective fanboys.

That’s not a confession. We all knew along you like/love GTA IV.

Embrace the truth my son.😉

doozyklutz

I used cheats during my first playthroughs of III, VC and SA. The Exchange, Death Row and Flight School, respectively. However, the only ones I finished were III and VC. I gave up on SA. I felt like sh*t for using cheats so I replayed them and I completed those games without using any cheats and 100%ed all of them. Therefore, III, VC and SA are the only GTA games I've 100%ed. 

SA collectables are so f*cking boring... way too many in my opinion. I never want to do it again.  

I quite enjoyed LCS and it's, indeed, one of my favorite GTAs. Maybe it's nostalgia as it was the only one I actually owned when I was younger but I still find it a great game to this day and it's always a pleasure to go back to LC. I'm on my way to 100% it but I'm at 70% or something like that. I just don't feel like playing it right now. 

I've not played IV and V due to my sh*tty laptop and it bothers me too much. 

I tried GTA II and Advance like three times but I just can't get into them for some reason. 

I actually really love SA but I think it's a bit overrated. Also because of its length, which I find way too long, I'd rather replay any other GTA game from start to finish.  

Despite not having played GTA III when I was a kid, I kind of developed a nostalgic feeling for it for some weird reason??? and I secretly love that game to bits.     

I kind of want to give GTA 1 a go.  

• Like 4

I like CJ the best after many times replaying the games. He's just the most fun to play as with all the customization options. Not the best written character, but certainly the most fun.

JetNormalGuy
3 hours ago, doozyklutz said:

I used cheats during my first playthroughs of III, VC and SA. The Exchange, Death Row and Flight School, respectively. However, the only ones I finished were III and VC. I gave up on SA. I felt like sh*t for using cheats so I replayed them and I completed those games without using any cheats and 100%ed all of them. Therefore, III, VC and SA are the only GTA games I've 100%ed. 

This is very relatable since I remember going through these games on PC and on PS2 with way too many cheats, but ended up not completing them since I got a bt carried away with causing mayhem with all the goodies I had after unlocking the second islands.

Jezus Holy Christ

It took me 8 years to get myself to play IV until its end.

I installed and played it for a while and lost interest, and then didn't play for like 3-4 years. I barely wanted to play it and I forgot most of the story. So after those years I installed it again and I don't remember where I lost interest this time but there were times I just played one mission in 3-4 months.

I still played the older games and during those gaps I completed GTA 2, Advance, LCS, VCS and Chinatown Wars which I hadn't played before. I played VC, SA and sometimes SAMP with my friends too. I actually even played some EFLC before I continued IV, and by the time I did, V was out on PC.

IV is still a top five GTA for me but I don't know why I never really wanna revisit it. It feels like work or something.

Algonquin Assassin
4 hours ago, Jezus Holy Christ said:

It took me 8 years to get myself to play IV until its end.

Funnily enough when I first played GTA IV I completed it about three times in 2008, but I didn't play through it again until 2014. I was still playing it mostly multiplayer, but I think it was mostly GTA V being pretty disappointing after the honey moon period wore off that encouraged me to play GTA IV from start to finish again after I realised it wasn't as good so since then I usually finish GTA IV a few times a year. I honestly thought GTA V would make me forget about GTA IV and make it obsolete, but it done the complete opposite lol. I rarely finish games more than a couple of times because of real life commitments, but GTA IV is an obvious exception. :p

While we're on the subject of completion I still haven't finished any 3D era GTA since the early 2000s. Even though I've played them on and off over the years I think I finished Vice City as recently as 2004. 

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Funnily enough when I first played GTA IV I completed it about three times in 2008, but I didn't play through it again until 2014. I was still playing it mostly multiplayer, but I think it was mostly GTA V being pretty disappointing after the honey moon period wore off that encouraged me to play GTA IV from start to finish again after I realised it wasn't as good so since then I usually finish GTA IV a few times a year. I honestly thought GTA V would make me forget about GTA IV and make it obsolete, but it done the complete opposite lol. I rarely finish games more than a couple of times because of real life commitments, but GTA IV is an obvious exception. :p

While we're on the subject of completion I still haven't finished any 3D era GTA since the early 2000s. Even though I've played them on and off over the years I think I finished Vice City as recently as 2004. 

I'm actually playing through GTA 3 at the moment and it will be the first time I'm attempting to do it to 100% completion. I have always got side tracked and stopped going for full completion in the past for one reason or another.

• Like 1
KingAJ032304

I confess that I believe GTA VI is going to be a huge disappointment and yet similar genre games will still be playing catchup with GTA IV/V.

Jokeman123
18 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

I confess that I believe GTA VI is going to be a huge disappointment and yet similar genre games will still be playing catchup with GTA IV/V.

Rdr2 was really good, why wouldn't VI be good? lol

Oh, I'm sure that Grand Theft Auto VI will be a very good game, but I doubt it's going to be the same quality as Grand Theft Auto IV.

However, if it's as good as my beloved game then... wow.