2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Confessions.

When I was younger, a then-friend of mine changed the ringtone in GTA IV to "Lesbians". I stuck with it for most of my playthrough :ph34r:

• KEKW 1
Staunton Assassin

I bought so much Body Armor in my first LCS playthrough that after passing the final mission, my Weapon Budget stat was standing at $5,000+ from just buying armor.

Edited by Staunton Assassin
On 1/22/2021 at 9:34 AM, Staunton Assassin said:

I got used to the lack of vehicle bailout mechanics in III so much that I totally forgot you can bail out in VC, SA and LCS.

LMAO I could never imagine that! I... I just can't!

On 1/21/2021 at 2:13 PM, JetNormalGuy said:

Lol, I used to do that A LOT when freeroaming, I checked my stat and I had about 300+ cheats activated. 

I do this WAY TOO much on GTA IV/GTA V on my phone.

I love that sound effect in San Andreas when you scroll in the menu or like when you are scrolling for different haircuts and stuff like that, makes me feel warm inside for some reason

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Wayne Kerr said:

I love that sound effect in San Andreas when you scroll in the menu or like when you are scrolling for different haircuts and stuff like that, makes me feel warm inside for some reason

I think it's the nostalgia factor and I love every bit of it. I feel the same about the timer counting down from 10 seconds in GTA III (I think LCS has the same one as well)

billiejoearmstrong8

Vice City sound effects are the most nostalgic for me

I like how IV still has a few old-style sound effects included, just less of them and more toned down. Like the picking up money sound always reminds me of VC. I don't mind that there's less "artificial" sounds like that in V but it's shame they didn't keep some of the classic ones for when they do use them as most of the new ones are quite grating and/or unmemorable. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
1 minute ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Vice City has comfortably the best mission passed sound (is it called jingle) for me

And listening to the theme and waiting for that part the whole time and then when it finally plays right at the end...orgasmic :D 

• Like 2

I'm definitely fond of those checkpoint and pick-up sounds from VC. So subtle, yet so memorable from a long time ago.

Also the small bits of dialogue Tommy sometimes says when picking up money.

• Like 2
On 1/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I like how IV still has a few old-style sound effects included, just less of them and more toned down. Like the picking up money sound always reminds me of VC. I don't mind that there's less "artificial" sounds like that in V but it's shame they didn't keep some of the classic ones for when they do use them as most of the new ones are quite grating and/or unmemorable. 

They removed them, but they added an awful WOOSH sound to a Wasted / Busted and Mission Failed screen.

Edited by Americana
billiejoearmstrong8
46 minutes ago, Americana said:

They removed them, but they addes an awful WOOSH sound to a Wasted / Busted and Mission Failed screen.

Yeah that sound is horrible. As is the mission passed sound, it was so much more satisfying to hear a piece of the theme music than that clank or whatever. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I first discoeverd GTA 3 I liked Double cleff FM very much and found K-Jah average. With the time passing my taste has changed and now I appreciate K-Jah much more while I find Double cleff less and less interesting.

Staunton Assassin

Vincenzo talks kinda funny in LCS. For example:

Vincenzo: [going calm] "So from now on-" [suddenly loud] "-YOU WORK FOR ME!"

or

Vincenzo: [going calm] "I want you to get over to-" [suddenly loud] "-CHINATOWN!"

or

Vincenzo: [going calm] "Now the cops have got 'em pinned down in-" [suddenly loud] "-CHINATOWN!" // Fun fact: This is an unused dialogue from an earlier version of "Smash and Grab". I found this one in the game's files.

Maybe Joe Lotruglio thought the proper nouns should be read slightly aloud during the recording sessions? Either way, his funny voice only makes LCS feel more interesting to me.

Edited by Staunton Assassin

I got all of the GTA endings spoiled for me on internet (Except for SA and IV), and the thing is, I don't care for spoilers in videogames, in fact, they improve the experience for me as I want to see what gets them to end like that.

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 2

To be honest, me too. It's because I've never had a proper PC the time any Grand Theft Auto got released so I had to wait.

Dudes on GTAForums posted pictures of dead Michael every day.

BrainDeadRaven

I hate Liberty City so much I didn't even play IV. Just seeing Liberty City in the previews and videos, I just can't get over how much I hate the feel of Liberty City. I wanted those graphics in Vice City or San Andreas.

Yeah, must be the same way I felt about Los Santos and Southern San Andreas when they announced Grand Theft Auto V. Even nowadays I can't stand the lousy atmosphere they tried to create. 

Liberty City all the way!

Edited by Americana
On 2/16/2021 at 1:33 PM, The Tracker said:

I got all of the GTA endings spoiled for me on internet (Except for SA and IV), and the thing is, I don't care for spoilers in videogames, in fact, they improve the experience for me as I want to see what gets them to end like that.

You'd probably quite like Cardassian crime novels, then! Everyone is always guilty, it's just a matter of finding out who is guilty of what!

Bildergebnis für elim garak

Anyway, my confession: For like 5 years or something I believed that there wasn't actually a proper military in GTA V and that Fort Zancudo was run by Merryweather. Considering I know some of the most useless GTA trivia, the fact I didn't realize that after 1500 hours of playtime is quite embarrassing.

5 hours ago, Americana said:

Yeah, must be the same way I felt about Los Santos and Southern San Andreas when they announced Grand Theft Auto V. Even nowadays I can't stand the lousy atmosphere they tried to create. 

Liberty City all the way!

They weren't even going for a particular atmosphere. Los Angeles irl is exactly like that!

Replaying GTA VC is hard ASF for me 

This game was literally my childhood I had multiple versions of it and my PC was full of different modded versions of it so my entire childhood was dedicated to playing GTA VC and even all of my friends had VC and played it (they also had SA but never touched it and I kept telling them about all of the features in the game so we can play it but they didn't like how the protagonist looks like an alien) anyways I first played it when I was four years old and kept playing it for all the next years during holidays I only play VC , during school I play VC when I finish my homework so I have tons of memories with it and as soon as I open the game and see an area or anything all of the memories from this area starts regaining and I start having a headache and also the amount of nostalgia that I get from this game makes me want to rip my guts out

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
BrainDeadRaven
3 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Replaying GTA VC is hard ASF for me 

This game was literally my childhood I had multiple versions of it and my PC was full of different modded versions of it so my entire childhood was dedicated to playing GTA VC and even all of my friends had VC and played it (they also had SA but never touched it and I kept telling them about all of the features in the game so we can play it but they didn't like how the protagonist looks like an alien) anyways I first played it when I was four years old and kept playing it for all the next years during holidays I only play VC , during school I play VC when I finish my homework so I have tons of memories with it and as soon as I open the game and see an area or anything all of the memories from this area starts regaining and I start having a headache and also the amount of nostalgia that I get from this game makes me want to rip my guts out

After reviewing your case, I want to lower your dosage of nostalgia to about half the current amount. Tell me if you still have the "desire to rip my guts out side effect", a secondary rx of some heavy indica might also be in order...

Vice City I think has that trap easier because theirs less options, smaller map, so more consistency from one play to the next to really burn that sh*t into your brain. Tested it, and can still get to Cortez's boat in my head, and remember if I keep going down the dock there's the PCJ-600...and I haven't revisited that game in at least a decade lol.

11 minutes ago, BrainDeadRaven said:

After reviewing your case, I want to lower your dosage of nostalgia to about half the current amount. Tell me if you still have the "desire to rip my guts out side effect", a secondary rx of some heavy indica might also be in order...

Vice City I think has that trap easier because theirs less options, smaller map, so more consistency from one play to the next to really burn that sh*t into your brain. Tested it, and can still get to Cortez's boat in my head, and remember if I keep going down the dock there's the PCJ-600...and I haven't revisited that game in at least a decade lol.

My man you take the doctor title from me and I will be just BUSTA from now on. 

• Like 3
BrainDeadRaven
27 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

My man you take the doctor title from me and I will be just BUSTA from now on. 

Nah, we need at least two, I don't do surgeries...I suck with the chainsaw, though after 4 years I figure we should graduate you to Dr:Banger 🔫(■o■v)

If I knew this before then I evidently forgot it, but I didnt know till now that if you 100 percent Vice City, you can recruit up to 3 of Tommy's gang members for a price. And I call myself a VC fan...

• KEKW 1
10 hours ago, zyenapz said:

My confession: I think GTA Vice City Stories is superior to GTA Vice City!!

I think both of them are equally good.

Everytime I make a vigilante or firefighter sub-mission in GTA 3 I use mini commander to empty the streets, I do the same in San Andreas because it makes the job much faster and easier. I would love to have a mod with the same feature in Vice City.

When I go in Saint Mark's to kill Leones I oftenly use mini commander so they only have their fists to fight, it's my revenge for the years they spent annoying me with their shotguns. Even if I could do the same with the other gangs as well I have a preference for the Leones probably because seeing them attack as a group with their bare fists reminds me of a sequence I saw one day on TV about the calcio storico and because their look reminds of the Matrix movies by the way.

Edited by Evil empire

whenever someone says the driving in GTA IV is awful, i just assume they're bad at GTA IV's driving 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2