3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Confessions.

Algonquin Assassin

So I just started playing Vice City again on my old PS2 and what a trip down memory lane. 

I actually have all the 3D era GTAs digitally on my PS5 and I was playing Vice City the other day, but I think I prefer playing it on my PS2. I mean yeah it looks a bit weird on a modern 4K TV, but it just feels right on my trusty PS2.

Infact I’m playing RDR2 on my PS5, Vice City on PS2 and GTA IV on 360 atm. Three of my favourite games on three of my favourite consoles.

• Like 3
GhettoJesus
9 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I actually have all the 3D era GTAs digitally on my PS5 and I was playing Vice City the other day, but I think I prefer playing it on my PS2. I mean yeah it looks a bit weird on a modern 4K TV, but it just feels right on my trusty PS2.

Look into a CRT TV then if you want full nostalgia, I bet they only go for a few bucks by now. Not that it should make too much of a difference with the image you get but you could make a full retro setup.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 1
DR:BUSTA
18 hours ago, Americana said:

Ah, I always kill Derrick. I really like Francis, as a character and as a person. 

I hate Francis but I always kill Derrick because it's more sad and it feels like if it's really what happened and the Furenal scene is better when you kill Derrick it makes you feel that Niko knows that he did do a mistake

But we all do dumb things that what makes us humans

Wayne Kerr

I miss the GTA IV-V fights it was entertaining

I wish there was an Algonquin Assassin like fanboy moderator but for GTA V tbh would have been funny

Edited by Utopianthumbs
added word
  • YEE 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 1
Americana

I think that after seven years of playing Grand Theft Auto V most people do realise that this game lacks a lot when compared to Grand Theft Auto IV, and many other games.

Nowadays most people on this forum agree that the game is flawed and not as good as it could be.

Edited by Americana
  • YEE 1
Ryo256
2 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I miss the GTA IV-V fights it was entertaining

I wish there was an Algonquin Assassin like fanboy moderator but for GTA V tbh would have been funny

An evil twin of @Algonquin Assassin?

What will we name him? Blaine County Methhead?

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 3
Wayne Kerr
2 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

Chirovette 😛

That guy deserves to be promoted to mod for coining GTA Snore, i find it funnier than I should

• YEE 1
KingAJ032304
6 hours ago, Americana said:

I think that after seven years of playing Grand Theft Auto V most people do realise that this game lacks a lot when compared to Grand Theft Auto IV, and many other games.

Nowadays most people on this forum agree that the game is flawed and not as good as it could be.

Honestly I'm just sad other companies just can't get to Rockstar's level of roundedness.

Algonquin Assassin
7 hours ago, Ryo256 said:

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it as my 1000s of usernames. Oh speaking of which guys it's only about 4 months before I change my name again so what will it be this year? MIamivicecity? American Venom? SonOfLiberty?

• Like 2
KingAJ032304
19 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it as my 1000s of usernames. Oh speaking of which guys it's only about 4 months before I change my name again so what will it be this year? MIamivicecity? American Venom? SonOfLiberty?

should be a reference to that special someone imo

• Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
Pooka Mustard
  • I would like to detach GTA from Rockstar.
    • If not that, I'd like Rockstar to stop with the lawsuits and crunch (I know, not GTA). That would be better.
  • There should be more games like Chinatown Wars specifically.
  • I like LCS simply because Toni works for...Salvatore Leone.

I'll think about more later.

• Like 1
Evil empire

When I had to restart my playthrough of GTA Vice City I thought about tweaking the main.scm to enabe the quadruple insane stunt but since I had a lot of troubles to complete Dildo dodo in my firt playthrough I thought I would have to re-use a savegame from my initial playthrough so I renunced and kept the vanilla main.scm.

To my surprise I completed Dildo dodo much more easily on my latest playthrough, maybe on my 4th attempt which makes me feel rather proud since I've never been very at ease with the planes. I don't have any regret though since the insane stunts pay much less than in 3 and since Vice City has much less relief than Liberty City by the way.

Thelema93

I love online

Just now, Thelema93 said:

I love online

It's the future

gtafaninwest
On 1/9/2021 at 1:44 PM, GhettoJesus said:

Look into a CRT TV then if you want full nostalgia, I bet they only go for a few bucks by now. Not that it should make too much of a difference with the image you get but you could make a full retro setup.

Still have my old TV/VCR combo from 2004.

When I played GTA 4 for the first time and reached "Escuela Of The Streets"

there was that bug where Everytime the driver stops no cutscene shows up and the mission will be stuck here forever so I f*cking repeated this mission a lot it took me a whole f*cking week replaying the mission and praying that the cutscene would show up

By far this was the toughest , hardest most tense experience 

I kept replaying the mission hearing Manny speaking for a whole week . every day I replayed the mission like 7 times 

All of Manny's dialogues are stuck in my brain

I literally memorized every sentence he said

Everywhere I got I hear him Whispering "Niko bellic street justice bro" "the dealer and his drug wagon are up there ,Pull up behind him and we wait", laughing telling me that I am as bad as he is and we're both the same 

He doesn't want to leave my brain alone

That was not just a glitch IT'S A CURSE

And that's not a confession anymore it's a Distress message

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
billiejoearmstrong8
On 1/9/2021 at 3:44 AM, Americana said:

Ah, I always kill Derrick. I really like Francis, as a character and as a person. 

If I'm looking at it from my own point of view (objectively judging their characters and who "deserves" to die more) I usually kill Derrick. But if I try to look at it from Niko's point of view (Francis will pay him but he's also forcing him to work for him through blackmail and could potentially go back on his word and still have him locked up, while he's worked with Derrick/that side of the McReary family on a friendly basis and Derrick has done him no wrong and poses no threat, plus he knows he's in no position to morally judge either of them) I usually kill Francis. 

There's still other factors at play that can sway it as well though, it's a complicated one. It's probably the closest decision in the game for me, next to kill or spare Darko.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1
Wayne Kerr

I don't think I've visited that littlelacy website in IV so far, at least I don't remember so. 

billiejoearmstrong8
5 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I don't think I've visited that littlelacy website in IV so far, at least I don't remember so. 

Do you know what happens if you do? If you'd done it you'd probably remember so I don't want to spoil it for you. I already knew what happens in advance, wish I didn't because it would've scared the sh*t out of me if I'd just randomly clicked on it lol. But it was still kind of funny to do, I recommend it either way. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1
Wayne Kerr
Just now, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Do you know what happens if you do? If you'd done it you'd probably remember so I don't want to spoil it for you. I already knew what happens in advance, wish I didn't because it would've scared the sh*t out of me if I'd just randomly clicked on it lol. But it was still kind of funny to do. 

It gives you a six star wanted level right? I remember reading about it and thinking I should try it for the lols but I never bothered for some reason, it just struck me now that I don't realy remember trying it out. Well I guess I know what I'll do next time I play, lol

billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Utopianthumbs said:

It gives you a six star wanted level right? I remember reading about it and thinking I should try it for the lols but I never bothered for some reason, it just struck me now that I don't realy remember trying it out. Well I guess I know what I'll do next time I play, lol

Yeah instead of going to the site it takes you to a police notification and cops immediately start swarming the place (best to log off and leave quick for the best chance to survive). Worth doing once for the lols haha. I love that they put that in there.

• Like 1
Carbonox

A number of SA missions used to really creep me out on early playthroughs.

- Madd Dogg's Rhymes and Dam and Blast were the worst for taking my weapons away and forcing me to sneak around in the dark, not yet fluent with the mechanic.

- In Deconstruction I just couldn't stop thinking what it'd be like to actually drown in cement.

- Ran Fa Li was an underrated "gem". I wasn't too fond of fetching a bucket-ass car from an underground parking lot and having those trucks block my paths.

- Amphibious Assault was another stealth ordeal, in the fog to boot, but wasn't as bad since the patrol boats had artificial Woozie Mode on unless I went out of my way to get seen.

Having friendly NPC's around also filled me with a sense of security all the time even though that was blatantly unfounded, with them being as useless as they are. :p

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
Americana

In my opinion, almost every mission related to robbery in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is just boring, like Dam and Blast. 

6 hours ago, Americana said:

In my opinion, almost every mission related to robbery in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is just boring, like Dam and Blast. 

NGL outside of the cutscenes most of them are bland and not alive but just like everything else it's fun if you allow it to be

JetNormalGuy
13 hours ago, CallMeScoot said:

I keep using HESOYAM to fix my car

Lol, I used to do that A LOT when freeroaming, I checked my stat and I had about 300+ cheats activated. 

Wayne Kerr

I like Lance Vance but it used to mainly be the VC version, I used to agree with others that his VCS version was over the top, but now I think I like VCS Lance more

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

I like Lance Vance but it used to mainly be the VC version, I used to agree with others that his VCS version was over the top, but now I think I like VCS Lance more

The VCS Lance is how he really is 

He was just acting being cool in front of Tommy but was showing his real crybaby face sometimes

• Like 1
Keano

I've got a habit of saying "Oh f*ck, CJ oncoming train!" for real life situations instead of just "Oh f*ck"

Thanks El Grande Smokio

Edited by Keano
  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1
Staunton Assassin

I got used to the lack of vehicle bailout mechanics in III so much that I totally forgot you can bail out in VC, SA and LCS.

• Like 3
Americana

To be honest, I haven't used these mechanics in years.