3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Confessions.

Now my PS5 is the only console I have hooked up I can’t play GTA IV anymore.😢

I can play the 3D era GTAs and GTA V since those are backwards compatible on PS5 and while I have GTA IV/EFLC on PS3 the PS5’s backwards compatibility doesn’t go that far back.

My only option is Sony extending the backwards compatibility to include PS3 games and/or I get a Series X when they don’t become as hard to find as a golden unicorn.

It makes me a bit sad since I’ve been playing GTA IV pretty consistently since 2008 and the only GTA games I can play are inferior ones compared to the G.O.A.T.😮

(Trigger intensifies)

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 1

Good maybe now you can finally devote time to actually completing the superior San Andreas instead of playing the same sh*t ad nauseam huh huh? 

I didn't pay attention to the darts tutorial in IV the first time so even now I'm not entirely sure how to win I just fluke my way to victory whenever I do 

• KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1
3 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Good maybe now you can finally devote time to actually completing the superior San Andreas instead of playing the same sh*t ad nauseam huh huh? 

Nah. I’m too busy playing Spider-Man Miles Morales, Ghost Of Tsushima etc to give two f*cks about The Sims stuck in the hood 1992 edition.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
18 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

The Sims stuck in the hood 1992 edition.

Best comment on this topic so far.

Edited by Kierolack666
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
5 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I didn't pay attention to the darts tutorial in IV the first time so even now I'm not entirely sure how to win I just fluke my way to victory whenever I do 

I forgot what type of darts you can play in GTA IV but it is a count down version isn't it? Meaning you have to get exactly zero or something close to zero (you can't go below zero). It's pretty easy just throw triple 20s or bullseyes in the beginning and after that try to get lower numbers inching your way to zero.

Edited by GhettoJesus

Speaking of darts when I first started playing GTA IV I had no idea wtf I was doing lol.

Once I figured it out I became an ace at it. 

billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, GhettoJesus said:

I forgot what type of darts you can play in GTA IV but it is a count down version isn't it? Meaning you have to get exactly zero or something close to zero (you can't go below zero). It's pretty easy just throw triple 20s or bullseyes in the beginning and after that try to get lower numbers inching your way to zero.

Yeah in both IV and V you have to finish on exactly zero with a double or bullseye, if you go below zero or hit something other than a double or bullseye to get to zero that go doesn't count and it just stays at the same score for the next go. It's really easy in IV, I think it's more generous with how often you can use the steady hand button and your opponents are usually useless. If you want to lose you pretty much have to do it deliberately. In V it's more challenging and the opponents are more skilled.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Speaking of darts when I first started playing GTA IV I had no idea wtf I was doing lol.

Oh god, the darts...

I never played Darts in GTA V, but I did in GTA IV and it was brutal.

Everytime Roman called me for darts, I rejected the offer only to call him again for Bowling.

1 hour ago, Kierolack666 said:

Is the PS5 any good?

Not to make this thread about the PS5, but to keep it short and sweet yet it’s very good.😉

When I was a kid, maybe in 2005, I had a very awful PC. But... I really wanted to play me some Grand Theft Auto III.

Well...it ran on less than 5 FPS. Anyways... I managed to get to the safehouse.

I remember that it took such a long time for the game to continue I seriously thought I have to wait 6 hours... in real life.

billiejoearmstrong8
18 hours ago, Kierolack666 said:

Oh god, the darts...

I never played Darts in GTA V, but I did in GTA IV and it was brutal.

Everytime Roman called me for darts, I rejected the offer only to call him again for Bowling.

Bowling is harder than darts for me. So is pool. And air hockey in EFLC? Forget it. I found that so difficult to win (but also cool because unlike any other minigame I've played in GTA it actually does feel like playing real air hockey).

10 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Bowling is harder than darts for me. So is pool.

Agree on pool but for me bowling is the easiest minigame in IV lol I don't think my dumb ass has lost a single game against all the friends I've played with (interestingly I've played with almost everyone except Roman lmao) 

As an aside I love Nike's bowling quotes you can tell he really enjoys playing 😁

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Agree on pool but for me bowling is the easiest minigame in IV lol I don't think my dumb ass has lost a single game against all the friends I've played with (interestingly I've played with almost everyone except Roman lmao) 

As an aside I love Nike's bowling quotes you can tell he really enjoys playing 😁

Yeah maybe I'm thinking more of trying to get that achievement where you have to get three strikes in a row lol. It isn't that hard to win bowling but I make more mistakes than in darts.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2
On 11/23/2020 at 12:33 PM, Utopianthumbs said:

I suppose his most emblematic quote is "Just do it". ^_^

When I had to restart GTA 3 because my saves became corrupted I tweaked my main.scm to unlock the quadruple insane stunt and give my safehouses weapons a huge quantity of ammo, so huge I only have to pick a weapon 3 times to get the maximum ammo.

I've already considered releasing my modified main.scm but since the tweak for the quadruple stunt is very easy to do and many persons would probably consider the maximum ammo tweak as a cheat I never published it.

Edited by Evil empire
On 11/22/2020 at 9:00 PM, B Dawg said:

You picked the wrong console fool! :D

As it turns out I hooked up my old 360 S (which still had the GTA IV theme I set for it about 3-4 years ago) so now I can play GTA IV again. It’s an early Christmas miracle.😛

I can now also play Max Payne 3 as that was one of the R* games I really wanted to play on my XB1 through BC, but it was never made possible for some reason.

Anywsy it’s awesome to play GTA IV on a 360 again. Takes me back to 2008-2011 during its hype.😉

On 11/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Alexlecj said:

I never completed "Supply Lines" from San Andreas.

This mission is my nightmare.

I spent an entire weekend on the PS2 trying to shoot down those sh*tty little airplanes, I can't even hit a damn thing with a joystick.

I never use mods or cheats. Game must be vanilla at all times.

I've only ever achieved 100% in GTA III and TLAD. On my way to 100% in VC at the moment.

Considered going for 100% in IV but the thought of 200 pigeons quickly ends that consideration.

I usually stick to a single radio station on console,  in VC however I constantly change.

I love RAGE - it was one of the biggest reasons I played IV.

4 hours ago, Paisan™ said:

I never use mods or cheats. Game must be vanilla at all times.

I wonder how far do you go with this? No widescreen fixes for earlier titles either?

1 hour ago, Fake Lilina said:

I crashed GTA IV via the swingset.

That takes some serious skill.:D

• Like 1
10 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

I wonder how far do you go with this? No widescreen fixes for earlier titles either?

I tell a lie - I do use the ThirteenAG widescreen fixes and SilentPatch, but thats as far as it goes.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, Algonquin Assassin said:

That takes some serious skill.:D

I used a large vehicle (I think a SUV type of vehicle) while "Dominion/Mother Russia" was playing. When I drove/did a doughnut at the swingset, the game froze with Niko sitting in the air with no vehicle or swingset present. :lol:

Edited by Fake Lilina
  • Like 1

I lent someone my gta3 disc that i bought in 2001, and a few hours later he came back with it torn in half that really made me mad. I never had an original ps2 copy ever again.

Gta4 is the only gta I never bought and never will buy because I think it really is a complete failure. Yes I have played it and that camera angle not centered just makes it awful and amateurish. Reminds me of True Crime. Thats my opinion hate me for it I dont give a crap.

• KEKW 2

What, I'm sure you also don't like boring colour scheme and boring characters?

Oh, and I'm sure you hate car physics, too?

Crazy.

Thank God you can play your beloved Carl Johnson roaming around San Andreas, doing random set of stupid missions in his underwear.

Edited by Americana
  • Bruh 1