3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Confessions.

12 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I just love the engine sounds of cars in IV, they delight me more than they should. You get a feeling of being very powerful driving some of the cars in this game thanks to the engine sounds, if this makes sense lol. At the same time the engine purring can be relaxing too. Love it. 

lol.

You love the engine sounds, but still aren't convinced yet GTA IV’s driving physics are the best of any GTA game?

WatDaFuqIzRongWitU.:p

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
4 hours ago, AjdarFan said:

Ending C is the classic GTA ending, not the Hollywoodian nonsense. Have you ever played 3D universe games before lol? It was always about getting to the top and capping those fools that made wrong to you (Vice City and San Andreas especially)

>Ending C is the Classic GTA Ending
Don't offend the 3D era endings by comparing then to a senseless missions
In III, Claude goes after Catalina, since she f*cked up his life at the start of the game, simple
In VC, Sonny comes to Vice, and Lance betrays Tommy at the last minute, thus, Tommy hunts then both, after gunfire starts, makes sense.
In SA, after CJ discover where the Crack Palace is, he finds a way to break into it, kills Smoke, and after that, has to deal with Tenpenny, which appeared in the building, to kill CJ, he fails at it, the Johnson brothers follow him until he crashes in the Ganton Bridge, after that, Tenpenny is spared in the last minute, still, it still makes some sense, as CJ isn't such a Ice Cold Killa after all
LCS was too boring to me to complete, i tried to play through the story at two times, in both of then, i stopped in Stauton and decided to play a better GTA instead
and i lost my copy of VCS, so i didn't completed it when i was younger, but i wish to play it again
Ending C on the other hand, is a sh*t fest, i played the whole game in '15, when i played the mission, i didn't know what was even happening at the start, dumb of me? Probably, but i already forgot 2 of the main targets on the mission (Stretch and the Chinese dude i forgot the name [It's that forgottable, i replayed the V story last Fortnight]), Strecth was a asshole that tricked Lamar at many times, but killing him wasen't that logical, since Franklin is a buster anyway, and tried his best to get out of the ghetto since he didn't want to get involved on it, the chinese dude, was just a random business man that decided to not have a deal with Trevor, but, since Trevor has the reasoning of an ape, he choosed to hunt him, causing Micheal to be kidnapped, with makes Ending A be more logical, since it would cut the problem from the roots, Haines being shot though is logical, as he is corrupt c*nt that made the three do dumb jobs in the likes of Tenpenny, one way or another, it doesn't make sense, by killing Devin, Haines, Chinese dude and Strech, killing 4 dudes at the same time would bring way too much heat, and would be dumb of some highly wanted criminals that just robbed the Union Depository.
One way or another, V sucks as a GTA game, but as a Open World game, it's way better than the lifeless garbage Ubisoft does.

3 hours ago, Mattineu said:

-bruh-

All the reasons you mentioned for "why Ending C sucks" are making more sense as "why story is written so sh*ttily and Antagonists didn't get much screen time for us to hate them"

Still, if Massimo Torini gets away with being the main evil guy, I think GTA V gets a pass. GTA V's story is miles ahead of that game

• Like 2
11 hours ago, AjdarFan said:

All the reasons you mentioned for "why Ending C sucks" are making more sense as "why story is written so sh*ttily and Antagonists didn't get much screen time for us to hate them"

Still, if Massimo Torini gets away with being the main evil guy, I think GTA V gets a pass. GTA V's story is miles ahead of that game

Massimo Torino made sense, it was just hard to be invested when I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a single speaking line.  Ending C in 5 just felt way too clean, and made most of the story feel pointless when apparently cleaning up loose ends is as easy as killing an FBI agent and triad boss with zero consequences, begging the question as to why they didn't just do it sooner.  And stretch should've died before Trevor was introduced.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

I mean, Ending C in Grand Theft Auto V sucks, because suddenly we are able to murder every guy at once. Like... seriously? Just like in MAFIA III we could've just killed Marcano at the beginning, but it's not that easy - we had to make a lot of preparations to do that.

Maybe had they made every target a separate mission, with its own preparations, it would be 100% better, but then... we still would need a real final mission. 

I would like The Big Score to be the real final mission. 

Edited by Americana

This has no chance of happening but after seeing the Mafia remake, I kinda wish Vice City would be remade too. I say Vice City cause I feel it would benefit most from a remake among the 3D era GTAs + it's my favourite lol. But I know a Vice City remake has an even less chance of happening if VI is going to be set there + even if by some miracle it is remade I'm unlikely to play it anyway, still it's something I think would be really cool anyway.

Thinking about it, some of the 2D era GTAs could make excellent remakes I think. Imagine GTA 2's Anywhere City in HD with the various interesting gangs like Zaibatsu, Hare Krishna etc. Or even a GTA London 

• Like 4

Considering that Grand Theft Auto is a videogame (Captain Obvious to the rescue) and, as such, some situations and things are limited because of that (pedestrians are always the same, the protagonists can take a lot of damage before dying, most of the buildings have no interiors, weapons and items are picked up by walking towards them, etc), I always wonder what the characters see or how they experience some of this situations. For example, when we enter blue hell, what do the protagonists actually see? Because, for them, the blue hell doesn't exist. Or, when they grab a weapon, how do they see and grab those weapons? i doubt they see them as floating items with a coloured aura around them. How much time passes among one mission and another in their world? In which order do they do the different errands? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but the entire videogame/reality thing fascinates me. I can't explain it better than that.

Edited by Motorik

I imagine the weapon pickups would just be lying on the ground without a highlighting color rather than floating, like in the IV universe. To me, the health and bribe pickups are a bit harder to justify, although with the way many bribes are in out-of-the-way areas and over stunt ramps, maybe they wouldn't represent you literally bribing the cops but committing an action during the escape that shakes some of the heat due to the cops having a hard time following you.

Blue hell is... an acid trip. :p Or just not a thing at all, being an unavoidable phenomenon in 3D game design.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, AIcatraz said:

I wasted 2MIL on the Pole Position Club in GTA: VC

Interesting. With $5 spent every 5 seconds in the backroom of the Pole Position Club, wasting $2M takes over 23 days.

30 minutes ago, perennial said:

Interesting. With $5 spent every 5 seconds in the backroom of the Pole Position Club, wasting $2M takes over 23 days.

Around 2mil, I left my console on when i went to my grandmas house, where i stayed for around a week, i was 8

billiejoearmstrong8

Ah yes that brilliant Vice City mission: putting your controller down and going to do something else (hopefully for 24 minutes rather than 24 days) while you wait for the Pole Position asset to be completed. 

• KEKW 1

Since GTA Vice City Stories is the first GTA game of the 3D era chronologically and the last one in release order, I like to think that most of the characters that I like from other GTA games didn't die and they are living happily after that game. I know it's kind of senseless, but is funny to think that.

• Like 1

I'm currently doing my another MAFIA III playthrough, and... what can I say. I would say that the city design is much better than Los Santos from Grand Theft Auto V. When it comes to the countryside, though... damn, it's 100% better than the one in Grand Theft Auto V. I mean, dude. It's smaller, but whenever you leave New Bordeaux you start to feel... some kind of isolation, and I also enjoy all these houses, and bars around the countryside.

That's what Grand Theft Auto IV missed. Liberty City could use some small countryside. 

Edited by Americana
billiejoearmstrong8

I find GTA III so difficult that it's too intimidating to play lol. I think if I tried to complete it again now I'd fail. VC and SA are tricky as well but nothing compared to III imo.

I completely reversed my opinion of the Classics and Beat 102 stations in GTA IV. I used to think Classics was much better than Beat but I now rate The Beat much higher, I actually think the Classics isn't all that good ( while Beat tunes are pretty catchy)

• Like 2
On 11/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I find GTA III so difficult that it's too intimidating to play lol. I think if I tried to complete it again now I'd fail.

When I was a kid I couldn't complete Grand Theft Auto III because of the mission... Grand Theft Auto.

• KEKW 1

I also reversed my opinion of Brucie in IV, I used to think he should have been replaced as a friend by Bernie but now I like him, something about his overly positive ambitious attitude is infectious and a great contrast ( along with Roman) to the mopey Niko, Dwayne,Packie etc. Plus I love going on boating trips in the sunset with 1979 playing, something magical seeing Liberty City that way

• Like 3
billiejoearmstrong8
On 11/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, Utopianthumbs said:

I completely reversed my opinion of the Classics and Beat 102 stations in GTA IV. I used to think Classics was much better than Beat but I now rate The Beat much higher, I actually think the Classics isn't all that good ( while Beat tunes are pretty catchy)

Yeah I like the Classics' era of hip hop but it just doesn't have a very good selection of songs from it, and there's nothing memorable between the songs either. I think The Beat does the best job of any of the stations of giving the game a contemporary feel, it has some good songs and sounds exactly like a NY rap station from that time. Plus I really like how the DJs (and even some songs) mention Liberty City/places in Liberty City a lot, it blends real life and the game in a cool way. 

2 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I also reversed my opinion of Brucie in IV, I used to think he should have been replaced as a friend by Bernie but now I like him, something about his overly positive ambitious attitude is infectious and a great contrast ( along with Roman) to the mopey Niko, Dwayne,Packie etc. Plus I love going on boating trips in the sunset with 1979 playing, something magical seeing Liberty City that way

I warmed to him a lot more after playing TBOGT

I died twice in the mission "Back Alley Brawl" (GTA VC) trying to ramp out of the underground shop thing with Lance's infernus, I tried to do it twice and in both times my car got flipped over, causing me and Lance to turn into brown toast

• Like 1

I just discovered there's a song in GTA IV (Footsteps in the Dark) that has the exact same beat as It was a Good Day in San Andreas. I had to stop driving for a moment to check if I wasn't hearing things, it was like whoa! It was a good day is one of my favorite tracks in SA and really reminds me of the game so it was funny to hear that song with the same beat in IV

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I just discovered there's a song in GTA IV (Footsteps in the Dark) that has the exact same beat as It was a Good Day in San Andreas. I had to stop driving for a moment to check if I wasn't hearing things, it was like whoa! It was a good day is one of my favorite tracks in SA and really reminds me of the game so it was funny to hear that song with the same beat in IV

Wow just heard it, amazing haha. I love that song too. I listen to it whenever I have a really good day, I love the beat ;)

Edited by Orthur The Boah
20 minutes ago, Orthur The Boah said:

Wow just heard it, amazing haha. I love that song too. I listen to it whenever I have a really good day, I love the beat ;)

I remember on my last playthrough of San Andreas this song played while chasing Tenpenny in the final mission and it felt amazing, it was a good day taking down Tenpenny indeed! :D

Edited by Utopianthumbs
added 3 words
  • Like 1