3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Confessions.

billiejoearmstrong8
On 10/17/2020 at 8:27 PM, Mattineu said:

- I never choosed Deal, or killed Dwayne in IV, because i didn't want to have 2 of the best characters dead, either that i barely need money in IV

- Ending A is the only that makes sense in GTA V, B is just there so the Trevor fanboys wouldn't be salty that you can only kill that rat, and ending C is even worse, since it's just  Hollywoodian non-sense, and is only there because of the people that don't have the balls to kill the psycopath Trevor is.

- Did i mention how that i hate Trevor?

Trevor is many things but a rat isn't one of them. He was already betrayed by rat Michael once and in ending A is betrayed by rat Michael again along with his rat in training Franklin lol. While in contrast he absolutely refuses to turn on Michael by helping Franklin if ending B is chosen and hangs up in disgust at the request. The whole point is that he has many faults but yet always remains the most loyal and least rat-like of the three, the only one unwilling to betray the others.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
On 6/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, macpo333 said:

My friend told me that if I wrote 'bigbang' when entering the rc helicopter demolition mission's van, Lance would appear and he would pass the mission instead. I believed him and tried several times

I really like this post, it reminds me of when I was a kid and myths and legends in video games seemes mysterious and vaguely supernatural almost, a childs view I suppose, as you grow a lot of that magic feeling goes.

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, The Time Ranger said:

I really like this post, it reminds me of when I was a kid and myths and legends in video games seemes mysterious and vaguely supernatural almost, a childs view I suppose, as you grow a lot of that magic feeling goes.

I was scared sh*tless of going in the woods in GTA San Andreas just because of all the "Finding Bigfoot" videos lol

Edited by JetNormalGuy
5 minutes ago, JetNormalGuy said:

I was scared sh*tless of going in the woods in GTA San Andreas just because of all the "Finding Bigfoot" videos lol

Ha ha, you and me both, thought I saw him once as I scoured Back O Beyond from above with the jetpack, saw a dark shape moving below, let loose with the dual smgs, turns out it was only a quad bike that had spawned on the edge of a hill, for that moment though I nearly lost it. 

Those myths were fun, Bigfoot, Leatherface, the serial killer, good times.

• Like 4

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has a good map when it comes to such things, I really like driving around the woods and feeling so alone... and then I really appreciate the city and that it's so alive.

• Like 6

I don't like the way Rockstar handle "myth and legends" in GTA V, some of them are just too obvious. I have some fun when looking for Bigfoot, UFO, and ghosts in San Andreas back when myth hunting got popular. It give me essence of adventure and thrill, the desire to know more about the game world. In GTA IV, I enjoy the moment exploring the subway to find Ratman. GTA V lack of this sense because it is already part of the world, it is confirmed by Rockstar themselves through their appearance in the game.

When you find the UFO for the first time, it might feel awesome... but then, with updates where you can steal Alien eggs, the sense of mystery is gone a bit because you're already know. You know that there are alien, no need for further search or investigation. The same thing occurs to Bigfoot. Rockstar doesn't need to add a Bigfoot peyote plant or Beast vs. Bigfoot fight. Just leave "The Last One" as the last time we've ever seen a Bigfoot. The less it appear, the more question left to answer. I already know that Bigfoot appear in this or that missions, now i don't have to explore the wood.

• Like 3

True, these should never become so obvious. I mean, come on. That ghost... ghosts are canon in Grand Theft Auto universe now? I mean, we can see it clearly...

I really don't like how obvious these myths are.

9 hours ago, wise_man said:

I don't like the way Rockstar handle "myth and legends" in GTA V, some of them are just too obvious. I have some fun when looking for Bigfoot, UFO, and ghosts in San Andreas back when myth hunting got popular. It give me essence of adventure and thrill, the desire to know more about the game world. In GTA IV, I enjoy the moment exploring the subway to find Ratman. GTA V lack of this sense because it is already part of the world, it is confirmed by Rockstar themselves through their appearance in the game.

When you find the UFO for the first time, it might feel awesome... but then, with updates where you can steal Alien eggs, the sense of mystery is gone a bit because you're already know. You know that there are alien, no need for further search or investigation. The same thing occurs to Bigfoot. Rockstar doesn't need to add a Bigfoot peyote plant or Beast vs. Bigfoot fight. Just leave "The Last One" as the last time we've ever seen a Bigfoot. The less it appear, the more question left to answer. I already know that Bigfoot appear in this or that missions, now i don't have to explore the wood.

Couldn’t agree more.

Looking for Bigfoot and even Ratman was such a cool experience as they felt like real “myths” just like any real life myth that could be true or not.

Part of the experience is the exhilaration of simply not knowing whether it’s real. In GTA V it feels like all the myths and legends as you say are way too obvious as R* usually confirm it themselves taking away from our imagination. If we know it’s there then there’s no mystique anymore. I’m a firm believer that ghosts do actually exist, but from all the footage I’ve ever seen of supposed ghost sightings I’ve still never seen anything concrete nor have I witnessed myself, but the curiosity is what drives me to believing in it.

For example it was cool to see Leonora Johnson’s ghost in GTA V for the first time, but after thinking about it it’s a little cheesy and kind of makes GTA V’s game world seem less realistic than it wants us to believe. You see it once and you come back later on and it’s there again. It’s also a problem I feel plagues RDR2. Too many things that could be myths and legends are inserted into the game world robbing the mystery and mystique.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
11 hours ago, wise_man said:

I agree. I don't mind some of them, I like the ghost on the mountain just because if you actually just saw it randomly and not by searching for it it'd be genuinely terrifying, and the UFOs are kind of cool since they're there as a reward for 100% and actually quite hard to find. And I like the creepy serial killer clues and abandoned house in Sandy Shores, that one works well since it's never fully explained. It's normal for GTA to have some weird easter eggs so I'd be fine if it was just those. But they went way overboard and included too many, especially if you add in the updates.

It would've been cool if instead of some of this stuff they'd created some really eerie areas on the map, like a creepy secluded part of the forest or networks of caves to explore in the mountains or lots of abandoned buildings/shacks throughout the countryside. There isn't really anywhere that feels creepy enough to inspire people to come up with their own myths. 

Also I hate that I played that dumb bigfoot mission in V before I played the original mission in Undead Nightmare that it was based on. First of all it was redundant to be like "look guys we put bigfoot in a game for real, it's not just a myth this time!" when they already did exactly the same thing (and already acknowledged that it was a nod to the San Andreas myth with a jokey achievement name) in Undead Nightmare. And second in Undead Nightmare it was already funny! Funnier in fact. It just had a serious element to it as well. It was already perfectly done with a mix of poignancy and silliness. A totally silly and shallow parody of it was just unnecessary.

2 hours ago, Americana said:

True, these should never become so obvious. I mean, come on. That ghost... ghosts are canon in Grand Theft Auto universe now? I mean, we can see it clearly...

Ridiculous stuff has been part of canon since the HD era first hit. This Liberty Tree article, being accessible in the game itself, being case in point: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Libertytreeonline.com/Clone_Sex_Not_OK_Say_Police

EDIT: Linked wrong article

Edited by HOW'S ANNIE?
1 hour ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Too many things that could be myths and legends are inserted into the game world robbing the mystery and mystique.

I can kind of see this, but as long as they’re just harmless Easter Eggs, I don’t really see how it’s that big a deal.

Also, being that someone else mentioned GTA IV endings earlier, Deal is the better ending of the two. Dimitri being the final boss feels more climactic and rewarding than some random mob boss who literally just showed up halfway in the third act, and Roman’s death hits way harder than Kate’s.

Edited by Joyrider02
  • Like 1
Claudio Velocidad

Johnny K defeated by Trevor made me interest in TLAD storyline

I prefer everyday play Gta 5 over any Gta

Claude and Tommy are the best main characters hands down

I liked Zero's missions

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

I dread any mission in GTA IV that involves car/bike chases

Just started a new playthrough of IV and I'm having fun wrecking fools with the gunplay and Niko's cool counters but already I'm crashing all over the place in police chases lol. That mission with Jermaine was supposed to be simple but I made it much harder than it was supposed to be, even that mission where you chase Dardan I was struggling but luckily dude just exited the car where he was scripted to and I could take my sweet time catching up to him lmao

I think my problem is I don't time my brakes well enough and try turning sharply while at full speed during chases, I'm just too used to the 3D era driving mechanics dammit. I'm already dreading that bike chase with Jason, I reallly need to git gud...

• excuseme 1
1 hour ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Just started a new playthrough of IV and I'm having fun wrecking fools with the gunplay and Niko's cool counters but already I'm crashing all over the place in police chases lol. That mission with Jermaine was supposed to be simple but I made it much harder than it was supposed to be, even that mission where you chase Dardan I was struggling but luckily dude just exited the car where he was scripted to and I could take my sweet time catching up to him lmao

I think my problem is I don't time my brakes well enough and try turning sharply while at full speed during chases, I'm just too used to the 3D era driving mechanics dammit. I'm already dreading that bike chase with Jason, I reallly need to git gud...

6764-EC1-A-131-A-4-EFA-B837-D92-B96-C2-D

Tbh as frustrating as IV's driving is for me it's also quite interesting to master in itself. Police chases are still fun cause the police in the game strike a nice balance between easy and challenging, so you have leeway to try and get better on the go. And the Comet handles like a dream

I'm no expert in driving stuff or anything but I feel if vehicles are somewhat less slidey than they are in IV then it would be a near perfect driving system overall, even if I may prefer the driving mechanics of other GTAs 

Edit: another confession, I use arrow keys rather than WASD for movement in IV :p

Edited by Utopianthumbs
4 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Yes, driving in Grand Theft Auto IV is a problem for newbies, but personally, I've never crashed any car in this game.

However, I've crashed many in games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas where driving is crap.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I'm no expert in driving stuff or anything but I feel if vehicles are somewhat less slidey than they are in IV then it would be a near perfect driving system overall

Imo if anything they should be more slidey (or at least certain cars). They don't really have sliding tendencies unless you try to push them to the limit over bumps, uneven terrain and all that. The cars themselves aren't really slidey, it's the city design that makes them appear to be. There actually isn't a single car that is as slidey as some of the most slidey San Andreas cars (like Elegy or Sabre for example).

Edited by B Dawg
36 minutes ago, Americana said:

Yes, driving in Grand Theft Auto IV is a problem for newbies, but personally, I've never crashed any car in this game.

However, I've crashed many in games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas where driving is crap.

Interesting, for me it's the opposite lol, I'm most comfortable with San Andreas' driving whereas with IV I crash every time and dont even get me started on bikes, it seems if a feather touches my bike I'm sent flying. 

Okay that's hyperbole but still. One things for sure, IV is the game with the most interesting driving, love how clearly different vehicles handle, there's a different challenge in handling a Rebla and a Feltzer and both are fun in their own way. The Comet and Ripley are incredibly fun to drive for me, for different reasons. So while IVs driving is something I'm really not good at, at the very least it's fun at the best of times, though frustrating at the worst

28 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

The cars themselves aren't really slidey, it's the city design that makes them appear to be. 

You know this brings me to a thought I had, IV's driving mechanics would have been more suited to the wide open roads of Los Santos than the narrower, sometimes slopey lanes of Liberty City lol, or atleast the learning curve wouldn't have been as hard, IMO

Edited by Utopianthumbs
  • Like 4

I haven't played any 3D universe GTA ever since I played GTA IV.

I didn't like Trevor since the moment he killed Johny. And I killed Trevor in the end every time I played. I did it again and again so that he could suffer for it. 

And I hate GTA III AF. 

billiejoearmstrong8
12 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I bet I did that mission worse than you. The first time I played it I had GTA V tactics in mind and drove on to the train tracks to try and lose the cops (must've had good luck since there's only like one place to get on them in Broker), found myself lost driving round and round through the tunnels in Algonquin with a 6 star wanted level for going there early and when I finally got out the car got set on fire and killed Jermaine lol. 

I agree car chases in IV are hard. I'm ok with them now having driven hundreds of miles and played the missions many times but the first times were rough. I'm kind of glad though, HD era is pretty easy most of the time so it's good to have some harder stuff, and I enjoy the driving/handling. It feels challenging rather than annoying.

Also the Jason one isn't quite as bad once you realise you don't need to catch/kill him. You just have to keep up with him until he meets up with the other bikers and they go to that field. Catching/killing the guys in No Way on the Subway or I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle or any others where they're not going to a destination are the bad ones for me.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

I got used to all GTA driving physics tbh (except for V since I didn't play it long enough but from what I see it's very easy to adapt to). I usually just pass No Love Lost with Jason being gunned down before he even reaches Beechwood City. It's a matter of just replaying missions hundreds of times and getting used to matters.

True, I've replayed some missions at least 20 times... not because I failed, but because I felt like I didn't do them in a proper way.

So, yeah. It usually takes me at least several days to get out of Broker.

Edited by Americana
billiejoearmstrong8

I've replayed them tons of times just to deliberately fail them different ways and see all the different unique fail phone calls/scenes lol. Absolutely crazy number of them in IV, I love it. Also fun to replay missions to approach them in different ways. I usually just do them once each when playing through the story but I have every other save slot filled with saves from different points in the game so I can replay all missions fairly easily. Shame they didn't introduce a mission replay feature until TBOGT.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I've replayed them tons of times just to deliberately fail them different ways and see all the different unique fail phone calls/scenes lol. Absolutely crazy number of them in IV, I love it. Also fun to replay missions to approach them in different ways. I usually just do them once each when playing through the story but I have every other save slot filled with saves from different points in the game so I can replay all missions fairly easily. Shame they didn't introduce a mission replay feature until TBOGT.

That's why I use Simple Native Trainer to replay missions :)

I just love the engine sounds of cars in IV, they delight me more than they should. You get a feeling of being very powerful driving some of the cars in this game thanks to the engine sounds, if this makes sense lol. At the same time the engine purring can be relaxing too. Love it. 

• Like 3

What I love the most is slowly parking my vehicle in an isolated place, so I can hear every single sound the car makes. It's so good.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 2

In missions when I had the choice to kill someone in IV, I deliberatly avoid executing them with the pistol because I thought a shotgun blast was badass enough. (exept Dimitri, I threw a grenade at him)

• KEKW 1
On 10/17/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mattineu said:

- Ending A is the only that makes sense in GTA V, B is just there so the Trevor fanboys wouldn't be salty that you can only kill that rat, and ending C is even worse, since it's just  Hollywoodian non-sense, and is only there because of the people that don't have the balls to kill the psycopath Trevor is.

Ending C is the classic GTA ending, not the Hollywoodian nonsense. Have you ever played 3D universe games before lol? It was always about getting to the top and capping those fools that made wrong to you (Vice City and San Andreas especially)