2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Confessions.

So many confessions to make... I don't even know where to start.

I got overly obsessed with IV and EFLC during their launches because not only they were new GTAs but also completely different with realistic everything, my child mind was simply blown away by the detail and realism, i was really desperate to play them because i only had SA and LCS at the time and the ps3/360 were ridiculously expensive, so what i did was watch anything from walkthroughs to random clips on youtube, it got to a point that i was dressing CJ as Niko/Luis/Johnny and playing, as i used to call "GTA IV, TGaB, TBoGS" (The Grove and Ballas and The Ballad of Gay Sweet), as if that wasn't bad enough i used to dress like them to school, i even wore fingerless gloves to complement that 'Niko look' i also really wanted to shave my head to look more like them and thank god my dad didn't let me (my hair was really long, a bit past my waist).

It wasn't until 2011 that i finally got a ps3 to play them and well it was a orgasmic experience, except for TLaD, it turned out that the whole biker thing wasn't really for me.

I always imagine it’s Francis (if you spare him) and U.L. Paper who bail Niko out of jail whenever he gets busted. Sorta like Rosenberg with Tommy.

Edited by Eugene H. Krabs
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Eugene H. Krabs said:

I always imagine it’s Francis (if you spare him) and U.L. Paper who bail Niko out of jail whenever he gets busted. Sorta like Rosenberg with Tommy.

If Niko gets a 6 star wanted level during the time he's working for ULP, once he doesn't have it anymore (whether by just losing it, getting killed or I guess getting busted if that's possible with that many stars) he gets an annoyed call from ULP reminding him he told him to stay out of trouble/lay low. He's definitely able to monitor Niko's criminal activity. So you might be on to something!

On 9/14/2020 at 9:05 PM, Kaname Madoka said:

my child mind was simply blown away by the detail and realism

Can relate, my adult mind was also blown away by it (and still is).

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 4

I was disappointed by GTA IV because of it's lack of tanks and planes and it's washed out color palette constantly bringing my mood down. Don't get me wrong, it's still a really good game, but it felt like the obsession with realism resulted in the removal of fun stuff like tanks and planes and flamethrowers and chainsaws and replaced it with... bowling with your cousin. You know, all the social minigames. And while they're fine enough except for their somewhat off physics due to RAGE being a new engine at the time, they just can't replace going crazy with a tank. Yeah, it has a good story, but that story ends eventually, and when it does you're left with a trimmed down free roam and downright banal dating activities.

Ballad of gay tony did a lot to fix this, adding in base jumping and an APC as a replacement for the tank and a bit more color saturation so you weren't constantly drowning in a sea of gray and brown color filters, but even then planes weren't back, chainsaws and flamethrowers remained absent, the amusement park didn't work, and so on. It's still my favorite entry in the GTA IV saga because it did bring back a lot of the over the top stuff that I play GTA for in the first place.

This, in the end, is why I fear the GTA series becoming too realistic. If they got rid of the satire, added in traffic laws, made it so that you could go to jail in game permanently if you get busted, made it so that you have to wait in a first person view of yourself in a hospital bed for a certain amount of time if you got wasted, or even added in having to do your taxes, it just wouldn't be a lot of fun anymore. Suddenly tanks are replaced with bowling, flying planes with comedy clubs, going nuts with a flamethrower replaced with going to a cabaret club, and that's just not a path I would enjoy seeing GTA go down again.

Can’t remember if I’ve ever mentioned this (probably have), but when I first played GTA IV I accidentally hit x on my PS3 controller and skipped when Niko arrived on the Platypus during The Cousins Bellic.

Rather than watch it on YouTube or wherever I just started a new save again lol.

Now I’m always a little cautious of a new game whether the cutscenes can be paused or not so I usually test it while wincing and feeling relieved when when it can be paused.😛

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

If a game - usually GTA - immediately begins with a cutscene, I first skip it, then enable subtitles from the settings and start anew, since developers can never be bothered to enable them by default, which honestly gets on my nerves.

I know I’ve said before that I actually used to not like any of GTA 5’s three alternate endings. However, all three have actually grown on me now as I’ve stated in the unpopular opinions thread (at least that’s where I think I may have posted it). While ending C give me lots of satisfaction based on how much I despise the target characters in both endings, ending B is actually really great too and I regret bashing it in the past. Don’t get me wrong, Michael is a great character. MUCH better than the VAST majority of other GTA V characters. I also think he makes the best final boss. I have actually somewhat grown on Trevor, partially thanks to Algonquin Assassin but I still like ending A a lot (no pun intended, lol). Michael and Trevor make better final bosses than Devin, Steve, Wei Cheng, and Stretch IMO. Devin, Steve, Wei Cheng, and Stretch feel more like annoying b*tches rather than actual BA final bosses. Just my perspective though. If only endings A and B were a bit more climactic.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Outlaw Biker Viking said:

I know I’ve said before that I actually used to not like any of GTA 5’s three alternate endings. However, all three have actually grown on me now as I’ve stated in the unpopular opinions thread (at least that’s where I think I may have posted it). While ending C give me lots of satisfaction based on how much I despise the target characters in both endings, ending B is actually really great too and I regret bashing it in the past. Don’t get me wrong, Michael is a great character. MUCH better than the VAST majority of other GTA V characters. I also think he makes the best final boss. I have actually somewhat grown on Trevor, partially thanks to Algonquin Assassin but I still like ending A a lot (no pun intended, lol). Michael and Trevor make better final bosses than Devin, Steve, Wei Cheng, and Stretch IMO. Devin, Steve, Wei Cheng, and Stretch feel more like annoying b*tches rather than actual BA final bosses. Just my perspective though. If only endings A and B were a bit more climactic.

The only thing I wish is if they put a bit effort into them. Clearly Deathwish had all the focus because it's the most complex made up of multiple segments whereas with the other two it's really just the same mission copied and pasted just with Michael instead of Trevor and vice versa.

I think the endings of these missions are really cool, but at the same time they just feel like stock standard chase missions and they're incredibly short. IMO GTA V didn't need multiple endings as Deathwish wraps things up nicely even if it is a little silly how all the antagonists are killed in one swoop instead of systematically being killed off one by one like previous GTA games.

Grand Theft Auto IV's Finale was not only one, but two amazing missions.

Grand Theft Auto V's, however... one long-ass mission (boring) or two short-ass ones. Come on.

Edited by Americana
On 9/28/2020 at 7:56 AM, Americana said:

Grand Theft Auto IV's Finale was not only one, but two amazing missions.

Grand Theft Auto V's, however... one long-ass mission (boring) or two short-ass ones. Come on.

Even though GTA V’s endings have still grown on me, yes, I still very much so agree that GTA IV’s two alternate endings were even better. Without a single doubt.

Edited by Outlaw Biker Viking

I'm not much of a gamer overall and GTA was gaming for me but nowadays I feel I'm having not even a tenth of the interest I used to have in GTA too. Recently I'd find myself preferring to play the smaller Vice City over the heavier titles like San Andreas and IV, but at first I chalked it up to having heavy nostalgia for VC. But nowadays I end up quitting that game too without really playing it as such, like recently I started up VC and decided today I wanted to change outfits for Tommy and I chose the casual outfit but then I realized you have to go all the way up to the mall and I couldn't be bothered and instead of doing something else in the game I simply felt like quitting

It's just a minor thing but it kind of sums up my current (lack of) interest in GTA and gaming in general and once I recognized this, idk it's quite saddening to me. Just a few years ago it was not just playing GTA but I'd find it captivating even watching playthroughs of others playing GTA, or watching free roam videos and things like that. I guess my confession is that for whatever reason I don't have that excitement towards GTA I used to have, and I know it might be weird to say it on a fan forum but I just felt like sharing this. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I'm not much of a gamer overall and GTA was gaming for me but nowadays I feel I'm having not even a tenth of the interest I used to have in GTA too. Recently I'd find myself preferring to play the smaller Vice City over the heavier titles like San Andreas and IV, but at first I chalked it up to having heavy nostalgia for VC. But nowadays I end up quitting that game too without really playing it as such, like recently I started up VC and decided today I wanted to change outfits for Tommy and I chose the casual outfit but then I realized you have to go all the way up to the mall and I couldn't be bothered and instead of doing something else in the game I simply felt like quitting

It's just a minor thing but it kind of sums up my current (lack of) interest in GTA and gaming in general and once I recognized this, idk it's quite saddening to me. Just a few years ago it was not just playing GTA but I'd find it captivating even watching playthroughs of others playing GTA, or watching free roam videos and things like that. I guess my confession is that for whatever reason I don't have that excitement towards GTA I used to have, and I know it might be weird to say it on a fan forum but I just felt like sharing this. 

Don't worry, me too. If your like me, it's the lack of hype and secrets that's doing it. Hype and mystery can work magic on games like these.

9 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Don't worry, me too. If your like me, it's the lack of hype and secrets that's doing it. Hype and mystery can work magic on games like these.

Yeah I can see that. I remember the Liberty City appreciation thread getting me hyped all those years ago and it inspired me to give IV another chance when I had sort of dismissed it earlier thanks to hearing people say it wasn't good and due to the difficult learning curve for driving iirc (atleast for me initially). And it worked wonders, I really enjoyed the game after that. Having a dedicated fanbase always helps to keep playing the games feel exciting but now apart from online I guess there's no buzz for the GTA games as there was before

But then I don't know if it's just me losing interest in general, I'm getting a bit rambly now but back in around 2016 I remember being excited about the releases of Mafia 3, Watch dogs 2 and the like even if it was mainly just me watching walkthroughs of the games on YouTube, but now without google searching I can't tell you what the latest gaming titles are now. Even about GTA, after a point I used to find it more interesting discussing the games here than playing them, and I'm kind of losing interest in that too now. I don't want to lose that interest but it's kind of happening anyway

9 hours ago, Americana said:

Well, if Grand Theft Auto VI takes place in Vice City then my hype is going to drop to 20%.

Well if the recent leak is true then be prepared to have your hype fall I guess

Tbh though I too confess I'm slightly disappointed if it is true, while Vice City is my favorite GTA and on one hand it's really cool to see VC back, for some reason I've been really fixated on wanting to see Capital City for the next GTA lol and so if this leak is true then I'm a bit bummed out

Tbh should it be the next setting I want Vice City to have it's own spotlight the way Liberty City and Los Santos had. Not to say it cant be a multi location setting but I just feel Liberty City is such a behemoth of a location that it will sort of steal the shine a bit from Vice City so I confess I'm actually not a big fan of Vice+Liberty

• Like 1

True, I would also like a city based on Washington D.C., but knowing Rockstar they are going to give us Vice City only, or Vice City and some old location.

Let's just hope that Vice City is going to be designed at least 200% better than Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto V, which wasn't that bad of a location, but... hmm... underwhelming.

Just now, Americana said:

True, I would also like a city based on Washington D.C.

You are now my best friend

But yeah I concur, for some reason ever since I saw that stat 'miles travelled from Liberty to Capital City' I've been kind of curious as to what Capital City/DC would be like, plus it's always interested me to see R* version of the capital of America

I like the preacher dudes who appear outside the Bohan safehouse, it always disappoints me when they don't spawn and I rarely beat them up as I've heard others mostly do

Edited by Utopianthumbs
  • Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I like the preacher dudes who appear outside the Bohan safehouse, it always disappoints me when they don't spawn and I rarely beat them up as I've heard others mostly do

I like them too! They add to the feeling of craziness (and how sh*tty the location is) around the Bohan safehouse along with the gangs and prostitutes hanging out there. If they'd fight back I probably would beat them up because I enjoy a good fight with an NPC or getting an NPC arrested for fighting me but since they just run away if you threaten them at all I usually leave them be. Although it's kind of funny that they carry on with their spiel as they run away lol. I like when you hear them in other random places in the city as well, I've run across them in East Holland, near Broker Bridge in Chinatown, and by the chapel in the prison.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I always sniped those assholes, I dont know why I just hate him, I even had a Zombie Apocalypse mod installed and when I get bored I turn it on, so everyone in the city goes full batsh*t, exept the preacher, and I just watch him get his ass kicked by a dozen people on the street. 

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 1

- I never choosed Deal, or killed Dwayne in IV, because i didn't want to have 2 of the best characters dead, either that i barely need money in IV

- Ending A is the only that makes sense in GTA V, B is just there so the Trevor fanboys wouldn't be salty that you can only kill that rat, and ending C is even worse, since it's just  Hollywoodian non-sense, and is only there because of the people that don't have the balls to kill the psycopath Trevor is.

- Did i mention how that i hate Trevor?

Edited by Mattineu

Ending A was the old yeller ending. It was an act of sympathy to put Trevor out of his misery. During the story he was nothing more than a rabid dog endangering any and all who came close to him. 

• Like 3

Unsure if this counts as a confession but wanted to share, I've been listening to this track for the last half an hour now and I can't stop, it's such a banger

I hold an opinion that Trevor's mother is long gone and Trevor can't let her go, and that's why he would have hallucinations when the game ends.

Edited by Americana
billiejoearmstrong8
On 10/17/2020 at 8:27 PM, Mattineu said:

- I never choosed Deal, or killed Dwayne in IV, because i didn't want to have 2 of the best characters dead, either that i barely need money in IV

- Ending A is the only that makes sense in GTA V, B is just there so the Trevor fanboys wouldn't be salty that you can only kill that rat, and ending C is even worse, since it's just  Hollywoodian non-sense, and is only there because of the people that don't have the balls to kill the psycopath Trevor is.

- Did i mention how that i hate Trevor?

Trevor is many things but a rat isn't one of them. He was already betrayed by rat Michael once and in ending A is betrayed by rat Michael again along with his rat in training Franklin lol. While in contrast he absolutely refuses to turn on Michael by helping Franklin if ending B is chosen and hangs up in disgust at the request. The whole point is that he has many faults but yet always remains the most loyal and least rat-like of the three, the only one unwilling to betray the others.

On 6/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, macpo333 said:

My friend told me that if I wrote 'bigbang' when entering the rc helicopter demolition mission's van, Lance would appear and he would pass the mission instead. I believed him and tried several times

I really like this post, it reminds me of when I was a kid and myths and legends in video games seemes mysterious and vaguely supernatural almost, a childs view I suppose, as you grow a lot of that magic feeling goes.

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, The Time Ranger said:

I really like this post, it reminds me of when I was a kid and myths and legends in video games seemes mysterious and vaguely supernatural almost, a childs view I suppose, as you grow a lot of that magic feeling goes.

I was scared sh*tless of going in the woods in GTA San Andreas just because of all the "Finding Bigfoot" videos lol

Edited by JetNormalGuy