3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tikhung

GTA Confessions.

Crokey

/Walks in to topic, sees a load of off topic nonsense.

"Aw sh*t, here we go again"

Knock off the insults or I'll send folk packing on the train to Ban-Land... you know the one that CJ was supposed to follow.

El Penguin Bobo
7 minutes ago, Crokey said:

Knock off the insults or I'll send folk packing on the train to Ban-Land... you know the one that CJ was supposed to follow.

My bad man, you probably accepted my report...to get back on topic,

-I didn't know what the hell "GTA" even was when I was a kid. I was just playing a friend's PSP and it apparently, it was LCS.

-I never 100%ed a GTA game other than Vice City. Been trying to do GTA 3, but I'm too lazy atm.

Cjrememberthat

-Playin gta5 on 360 in 2019

-i like when someone talks sh*t about gta4

-i didn't notice how a good game it is when i played gta 4 for the first time

-miami atmosphere in gta VC kinda sucked

-i hated gta4 at the first place and hated its fans for hating gta 5 and SA too, but now i'm ok with anything and just laugh when i see a gta 5 hater

-i couldn't have the fact that cj killed smoke cuz he had to and he was his homie, i cried and i still feel bad at that cutscene, but not any more feeling too bad thanks to memes

-i like people's comments on youtube when they talk sh*t about gta4

-i still love gta5 and SA's action packed missions even though their story sucked

SonOfLiberty
3 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

-I didn't know what the hell "GTA" even was when I was a kid. I was just playing a friend's PSP and it apparently, it was LCS.

I was introduced to the series with GTA 1. One of my mates had it and we always played it after school and I thought "This game's awesome". My parents didn't really mind me playing games like that at the time so I had to get my own copy and spent many hours playing it.

Hard to think it's been over 20 years. It's gone quick and the series has changed so much. Now excuse me while I sit on my front porch in my rocking chair reminiscing about the good ole days...

iiCriminnaaL 49
14 minutes ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I was introduced to the series with GTA 1. One of my mates had it and we always played it after school and I thought "This game's awesome". My parents didn't really mind me playing games like that at the time so I had to get my own copy and spent many hours playing it.

Hard to think it's been over 20 years. It's gone quick and the series has changed so much. Now excuse me while I sit on my front porch in my rocking chair reminiscing about the good ole days...

Spoiler

fgc009dkccranky.gif

Yinepi

I like using the M16 and shooting peds legs and arms off in GTA3. It's oddly satisfying.

Ertan Soner
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Crokey said:

The thing is...I am not scared of any of you. Banning?I don't give a sh*t.

16 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

My bad man, you probably accepted my report...to get back on topic,

-I never 100%ed a GTA game other than Vice City. Been trying to do GTA 3, but I'm too lazy atm.

I reported you too.

Edited by Ertan Soner
fix

gtafaninwest

When GTA LCS came out in 2005, I was like "yeah, a mafia-oriented GTA", and countless play.

2019, meh.

iiCriminnaaL 49
18 minutes ago, gtafaninwest said:

When GTA LCS came out in 2005, I was like "yeah, a mafia-oriented GTA", and countless play.

2019, meh.

Its major issue in my opinion was Toni's lapdog'ness. If there'll ever be another title that revolves around the mob as the protagonist's side, I would rather to either play as the don himself or as an underboss who's a part of the same family as the don by blood.

gtafaninwest
4 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Its major issue in my opinion was Toni's lapdog'ness. If there'll ever be another title that revolves around the mob as the protagonist's side, I would rather to either play as the don himself or as an underboss who's a part of the same family as the don by blood.

When I first completed the storyline, I thought there would be an epilogue that would take place in 2001 (GTA III) but from Toni's perspective. Who would take Salvatore's place?

iiCriminnaaL 49
1 minute ago, gtafaninwest said:

When I first completed the storyline, I thought there would be an epilogue that would take place in 2001 (GTA III) but from Toni's perspective. Who would take Salvatore's place?

I highly think that Toni did. After all, Joey has zero interest in the mob life. Toni on the other hand was Salvatore's right hand-man. The family is more likely to become the Cipriani Crime Family.

Gummy 

Sometimes I wish the Red Dead universe was in the same tone as the current GTA (HD Universe) one. Just to expand it with a bit of history.

Eugene H. Krabs
Posted (edited)

When I first played IV back in 2008, I skipped every single cutscene and never took my time between missions, so I didn't know who Florian and Darko were and why they were so important

Edited by Eugene H. Krabs

SonOfLiberty

I've always thought Toni on GTA III's artwork looks like Joe Pesci.

Typhus
On 5/23/2019 at 11:54 PM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Liberty City Stories could have turned out so much differently if they had just changed the script a little bit. In theory, Toni isn't a bad choice for a protagonist, but somewhere along the way he lost all the gravitas he had in III. And worst of all, without Joey or Luigi, the Leone Family in LCS just feels like a shell of its former self.

I remember being so excited to play the PS2 release, and then feeling almost immediately deflated. Even the feel of the city is different, somehow they made Liberty City feel like a far less dangerous place, and that takes a huge part of the atmosphere away from the game.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Vic Vance's voice reminds me kinda of Jake the Dog

Legomanarthur

When I was younger, I would often play GTA III with a friend of mine roaming around Portland and causing havoc with cheats and whatnot. I remember we were stuck on a mission, I can't remember exactly which one, I believe it was Bomb Da Base: Act II but I might be wrong about that. Anyway, after a while we were a bit tired of Portland, we knew pretty much everything about the island and we really wanted to see the second island. We couldn't figure how to go there except through the subway. Now the subway is closed at that point in the story but we thought for some reason that it would open precisely at midnight for only a few seconds. We would try to bypass the fence on foot with weapons or with different cars, with no luck. After a while I decided to take a firetruck and drive around town until I decided to go for the stairs leading to the subway. For some reason the truck went halfway through the fence allowing me to walk inside the station and reach Staunton Island. My friend and I could not believe what just happened. We were so excited to finally see the rest of the map, I believe we also visited Shoreside Vale that same day. Anyway this is how I explored Staunton Island for the first time in GTA III.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

last time i played gtasa was 2008 and when finishing "the green sabre" i could never make it driving to sweet on parking lot shootout without using the cheats for hydra or hotring racer, his health meter was just decreasing too fast, and/or it just might be due to lagging and low fps

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

-I almost never pay the toll in IV. I always sneak through the gap in between and it doesn't even give you a wanted level. It has become a tradition for me. 

- I kill any biker I see in free mode. That's another tradition. 

-It seems that I always somehow come back to San Andreas every month just to drive around for an hour even if it's aimless. I can't put that game down. I miss it every time. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Evil empire

I never managed to complete the Vice City dirtring in less than 5 minutes.

Yinepi

I like taking the Deluxo in GTAV and running down peds when it is in flying mode.

Eugene H. Krabs
On 6/2/2019 at 3:15 AM, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

Vic Vance's voice reminds me kinda of Jake the Dog

Vic's voice reminds me more of Frylock, from Aqua Teen Hunger Force

iiCriminnaaL 49

Probably not many people would agree, but Billy felt quite a similar character to Catalina in GTA III (not in San Andreas, though) to me.

KingAJ032304
On 5/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, SonOfLiberty said:

You a true one if you played GTA before it was even GTA (GTA 3) was GTA 2 released at the time?

In all the 16 GTAs I played, I never beat the story to a single one of em! Absolutley none of them let alone 100% and some of them I played for almost 1,000-10,000 hours! I either find myself too distracted by the gameplay (GTA 2, III, VC, SA, VCS, IV, TLAD, CTW, TBOGT, V) or the game is simply just too boring or bad for me to keep on playing (GTA 1, L69, L61, A, somewhat LCS aswell)

Edited by KingAJ032304