1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tikhung

GTA Confessions.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 1:36 PM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

- Outlaw motorcycle clubs are the most engaging type of gangs for me. I especially prefer the redneck themed ones. And no, I'm not racist, but I just find this style of tough persona, rough accent and grown up beard/horseshoe mustache very appealing. The Lost MC weren't racist either way, so that says it.

I guess I should highlight this and expand on it a little more:

While redneck outlaw motorcycle clubs are my favorite type of gangs, on the other hand, my least favorite are outlaw motorcycle clubs too, but those with the punk rocker theme. We haven't gotten a full punk rocker biker gang in the series yet, but in The Lost and Damned, half of the free roam Lost bikers (fortunately not the main members or the Gang War backup) have been turned into punk rocker bikers. Too clean, skinny and urban boys with weird haircuts and too modern fashioned clothes.

No denying that biker gangs are generally try-hard to some extent, but I just find this "cool" and flashy theme very disgusting and unbearable, as well as too much of attention whoring. Fortunately that I play the game on the PC. I've replaced those peds with some classic biker peds that fit the roots that were set for The Lost MC in the original GTA IV game.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, TheSantader25 said:

-I once blew Niko up around 100 times on purpose to see what happens to the hospital bills if we have no money. It was a wild journey. I also was trying to get him to fall on one of the roofs because of the explosion during the "Wasted" black and white scene during that "experiment". Poor Niko. 

In IV the hospital charges 10% of whatever money you currently have, with a maximum cap of $10,000 (in V it's 5%/maximum $5000). I also did a what happens if you have no money experiment in IV recently (did it by spending it all on ammo on a 100% save where there's no limit on how much you can buy, and another time just by spending whatever small amount of money I had on a new save). At toll booths a message pops up telling you that you can't afford the toll, at food/clothing/car wash/respray places and the strip club or when there's prostitutes you just don't have the option of buying.

Most interesting was going on dates. If you take a date to a restaurant or whatever with no money all seems to be the same until you go home, they don't say why but they're disgusted with you and won't invite you in lol. Then you check their like percentage and it'll have gone down loads and they dump you. If it's Michelle (or Kate I assume) they also act disgusted when you get home and then if you try to call them they say they're angry with you and you have to wait a while. So taking them on dates with no money so they have to pay = bad date lol. If you take male friends out with no money nothing is different on the outing but the like/respect percentage won't go up so same deal. Turns out no one in the game likes a freeloader.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

In IV the hospital charges 10% of whatever money you currently have, with a maximum cap of $10,000 (in V it's 5%/maximum $5000). I also did a what happens if you have no money experiment in IV recently (did it by spending it all on ammo on a 100% save where there's no limit on how much you can buy, and another time just by spending whatever small amount of money I had on a new save). At toll booths a message pops up telling you that you can't afford the toll, at food/clothing/car wash/respray places and the strip club or when there's prostitutes you just don't have the option of buying.

Most interesting was going on dates. If you take a date to a restaurant or whatever with no money all seems to be the same until you go home, they don't say why but they're disgusted with you and won't invite you in lol. Then you check their like percentage and it'll have gone down loads and they dump you. If it's Michelle (or Kate I assume) they also act disgusted when you get home and then if you try to call them they say they're angry with you and you have to wait a while. So taking them on dates with no money so they have to pay = bad date lol. If you take male friends out with no money nothing is different on the outing but the like/respect percentage won't go up so same deal. Turns out no one in the game likes a freeloader.

Also in IV if you have no money taxis go the distance that you can afford. If you have absolutely nothing they just go a couple of meters forward and stop whereas in V you can go all the way to your waypoint but once they drop you off you get a wanted level which is more realistic. 

Edited by TheSantader25

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Also in IV if you have no money taxis go the distance that you can afford. If you have absolutely nothing they just go a couple of meters forward and stop whereas in V you can go all the way to your waypoint but once they drop you off you get a wanted level which is more realistic. 

Oh yes I did that too, forgot! I do kind of like how if you have a small amount of money they take you as far as it'll get you and let you out and have special dialogue for it, it's more good natured 😛 

iiCriminnaaL 49

"Let's Get Read To Bumble" (or alternatively "Bee Bee Gone") in San Andreas is the only screened minigame I enjoy and get nostalgia from in the franchise.

American Venom

-I accidentally killed Packie in GTA V the first time I played it. I thought to myself "Hey that sounds like Pack....ah f*ck I ran over him". I immediately reloaded my save and picked him up when I realised it was him. I'm so sorry my Irish drinking buddy.

-There was a 5 year gap I didn't finish GTA IV. I finished it 3 times over 2008-2009, but I didn't finish it again until 2014. Since then it's been pushed up to about 12. 

-I got excited when Lester referenced Niko as a potential heist crew member only to be disappointed when he said "Nah he went quiet". 

Jack Lupino

I like the GTA III gangs the most than other 3D era gang members.

Their dialogues and quotes were very funny and they speak different language that's stuck into my memory forever especially the cartels,the yakuzas and the triads.

Gangs in VC and SA lacked interesting gang member quotes.

iiCriminnaaL 49

While I miss the Ammu-Nation, I overall prefer IV's underground gun shops to them. Keeping guns illegal makes gangs feel even more rebellious than they are in the other titles. More underground elements generally help the criminal underworld feel more powerful and dangerous.

hogei

I've never played GTA 1 & 2 before and have never gotten 100% any gta game other than 5.

American Venom
14 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

While I miss the Ammu-Nation, I overall prefer IV's underground gun shops to them. Keeping guns illegal makes gangs feel even more rebellious than they are in the other titles. More underground elements generally help the criminal underworld feel more powerful and dangerous.

Plus I like how you can interact with them before purchase instead of them floating in the air. I like the aesthetics too. Feels grungy just like a proper illegal arms dealer.

billiejoearmstrong8

I mostly like it just because it's more realistic that Liberty City/a version of New York City doesn't have gun shops, it's nice attention to detail.

Failure

Also if you decide to mess around in those underground gun shops, you'll have a nice little present waiting for you the next time you go there. :evilgrin:

billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Failure said:

Also if you decide to mess around in those underground gun shops, you'll have a nice little present waiting for you the next time you go there. :evilgrin:

Really the next time?? I've only had a bunch of people rush in from a side door shooting at me right away when I killed the owner (scared the sh*t out of me) and other times just the owner being pissed off when I shot in there. Haven't had anything happen when going back, but then again I don't go in the gun shops that often and cause trouble in the them even less often so that might be why I've missed it. I'll have to try it out!

billiejoearmstrong8

I tried it haha. Indeed there's a surprise for you if you return to the gun shop reasonably soon after causing trouble there. Thanks @Failure, always nice to discover something new about the game.