HotlineVice19603

Carl Johnson is an average protagonist.

Claude Speed is an amazing protagonist.

American Venom
5 hours ago, HotlineVice19603 said:

Carl Johnson is a sh*t protagonist.

Claude Speed is an amazing protagonist.

FTFY.😉

Claude has a strange kind of appeal. I mean I wouldn't say he's amazing. but there's something cool about the fact he can literally be any persona we project into him. To be honest I don't think it would be the same if he could talk.

The cold, Michael Myers-esque approach really suits him.

Femme Fatale

OG Loc reminds me of Eddie the squirrel from CatDog.

Icanhandlerejection
On 9/16/2018 at 1:40 PM, cmiller4642 said:

Spray all 100 tags beforehand 

Get the AK-47 at the Johnson House

Do the jetpack cheat

Get on the train and mow down the Vagos 

Then I dump the jetpack in an unreachable location and forget about it 

Easier method to complete the mission without having to resort to any cheats (although perhaps it belongs in the GTA SA strategy section).  Spraying all the tags to get the AK 47, enough use of that weapon to develop decent long distance aiming, then once on the Sanchez drive flat out as fast as you can to pass the train on the long bend to the left.  Dismount and aim the AK 47 at the first Vargos, back on the Sanchez and repeat the tactic once over the bridge but before the train enters the tunnel.  From that point onward you are relying on Big Smoke's awful shooting, but you should be adding your own firepower by spraying the train as well.  

GrudgefromSanAndreas

I'd probably like IV more than V if only IV had useful stealth mechanics, like strangling, knife slitting throat from behind and weapons with suppressor. Luckily there are mods for the third but very few 😕 

RashFaustinho

I played GTA 5 in 2013 and i HATED it. It felt like a kick in the balls to GTA SA fans.

Now i'm playing it in 2018 again,  and I'm starting to like it. It's not perfect, but the game has a lot of good points.

Also, the first person view really adds depth to what you do

Edited by RashFaustinho

American Venom
19 hours ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

I'd probably like IV more than V if only IV had useful stealth mechanics, like strangling, knife slitting throat from behind and weapons with suppressor. Luckily there are mods for the third but very few 😕 

That is one of the few things I genuinely dislike about GTA IV. Niko works as hitman, but there's no useful stealth mechanic. Like seriously it would be amazing taking out Goldberg for example Agent 47 style with a suppressed gunshot to his head.

On the other hand GTA V's stealth mechanic sucks and most missions make it useless since they're ball bustingly linear anyway with little room to try a different approach. GTA IV should've had stealth. Not GTA V IMO.

gtafaninwest

I seriously can't stand the Shoreside/Staunton lift bridge. It really serves no purpose and no boats pass through. Just a nuisance. 

Femme Fatale

When I was a kid, whenever I heard Las Venturas, I immediately thought of Ace Ventura. And I still kinda do.

Neon_Dreaming
Posted (edited)

I miss the old Rockstar cheat codes. San Andreas had a wide variety, from unlimited ammo and better weapons to world altering cheats like pedestrians riot and change weather. Plus the cars fly cheat, you ever fly a tank while blaring Free Bird on the radio, if not you haven't lived. 

IV's cheats were lacklustre in comparison but at least you could store cheats in your phone. V took the piss though, the cheats were fine but a timer on the invincibility cheat, really?

Bring back the wacky cheats. I have so many fond memories of San Andreas because of the cheats alone, arming pedestrians with rpg's and have them riot and see how long you can survive, great fun.

Edited by Neon_Dreaming

Sinner!

I think Donald Love in LCS is the best side character in the history of the franchise.

THE FIRST OF THE SEASON! :lol:

Sinner!

Michael is my favourite protagonist as he reminds me of myself aka a depressed narcissist. 

And he smokes Cigars & wants to sit around all day, literally me if I was a sexy daddy. 

American Venom

-I have only ever driven a car once in the 10 years or so I've had TLAD. Besides the couple of missions when you're not riding a bike anything else feels bizarre.

-I was a bit sceptical of Niko at first in the trailers. I wasn't sure if I would like him, but fortunately that's all the past now and now he's my favourite GTA protagonist. I felt the same way about Arthur also in Red Dead Redemption 2. If there's anything I've learnt is don't judge too soon.

-The opposite for Trevor. I actually liked how he appeared in the trailers as he had an "edge" about him I liked, but in game he quickly became one of my most disliked protagonists so yeah don't judge too soon.😉

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

- Outlaw motorcycle clubs are the most engaging type of gangs for me. I especially prefer the redneck themed ones. And no, I'm not racist, but I just find this style of tough persona, rough accent and grown up beard/horseshoe mustache very appealing. The Lost MC weren't racist either way, so that says it.

- GTA IV is the only title where I feel guilty for killing old pedestrians. I always try not to accidentally kill them whenever there is a shootout.

- Just like what American Venom mentioned above, I expected myself to like Trevor, but he turned out to be not only my least favorite protagonist, but one of my most disliked characters in the series.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

American Venom
19 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

- Outlaw motorcycle clubs are the most engaging type of gangs for me. I especially prefer the redneck themed ones. And no, I'm not racist, but I just find this style of tough persona, rough accent and grown up beard/horseshoe mustache very appealing. The Lost MC weren't racist either way, so that says it.

Bikers and the mafia (Italian and Irish) are my favourite types of gangs. Ever since Tommy worked for Mitch Baker in Vice City I've always found them fascinating.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

- I found Trevor to be an absolute mess of a character pre release based on the trailers. Good thing I was proven otherwise. 

- I take the cab almost half the times instead of driving in IV. 

- I was stuck at one of the SA missions for a while when I was a kid so I just went exploring and discovered San Fierro and Las Venturas by accident. It was a magical moment for me as a kid. 

- Whenever I need to stay up late for my job I just read a bunch of comments from the IV fans on this forum to increase my blood pressure. Absolutely useful method. You don't need caffeine. 

Edited by TheSantader25

American Venom

As much as Johnny's death in GTA V disappointed me I actually think Terry and Clay's treatment is FAR worse. I guess as sh*tty as it was to kill off Johnny they made up some bullsh*t reason that he was on crystal to make it somewhat plausible, but Terry and Clay get treated like dogs. WHY????

They don't even fight back FFS. I felt shattered gunning them down like they were some random GTA thugs we kill in every mission. 

That's not the Terry and Clay from TLAD because the Terry and Clay from TLAD would've skull smashed Trevor's fat and ugly head in

iiCriminnaaL 49
2 minutes ago, American Venom said:

As much as Johnny's death in GTA V disappointed me I actually think Terry and Clay's treatment is FAR worse. I guess as sh*tty as it was to kill off Johnny they made up some bullsh*t reason that he was on crystal to make it somewhat plausible, but Terry and Clay get treated like dogs. WHY????

They don't even fight back FFS. I felt shattered gunning them down like they were some random GTA thugs we kill in every mission. 

That's not the Terry and Clay from TLAD because the Terry and Clay from TLAD would've skull smashed Trevor's fat and ugly head in

What's worse is, they weren't really "escaping with their lives" neither. They were just going back to The Lost's hideout to ensure if Johnny's death is true, given the fact that they were shocked when Trevor stated that.

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

- I found Trevor to be an absolute mess of a character pre release based on the trailers. Good thing I was proven otherwise. 

Same! From the trailers I had the impression that he was just a wacky/crazy and dumb stereotypical American redneck, nothing that caught my attention. However on playing the game I found he was a much more interesting and complex character than that.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

American Venom

-I never once gave a flying f*ck about CJ avenging his mother's death. San Andreas thinks it's more dramatic than it really is and comes off as a really bad Boyz N The Hood knockoff. 

-I still believe in the theory that Toni whacked CJ in 1994 on the orders of Salvatore. Even still the thought of never seeing CJ again puts my mind at ease. Good riddance. 

-I've never got the appeal of Yusuf Amir or why people think he's "funny". He's a stupid character and typifies why TBOGT doesn't belong in the GTA IV trinity. 

xXPinguXx
1 hour ago, American Venom said:

comes off as a really bad Boyz N The Hood knockoff. 

Funnily enough, San Andreas actually had a ped model that was based on a Boyz N The Hood character.  

Image result for gta sa ped boyz n the hood

Big_Smiley
Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 3:22 AM, American Venom said:

I still go by my words. R* ruined the lost and it's members with horrible story writing. Starting off with Johnny. Doing gang wars in TLAD and hearing Terry yell "BROTHERS!!!" in the backround during gun fights brakes my damn heart. If @Niobium was still active his ass would still be ranting over this, lol. I really wonder what the furtue gta writing will be like :sarcasm:

Edited by Big_Smiley

TheerT
  1. I very rarely pick up prostitutes.
  2. I think that GTA V is decent game, as long as it's modded properly.
  3. I hate Karen Daniels.
  4. Everyday cars and other sh*tboxes > Supercars everywhere.

Motorik

I have already told that in the "I Have a Confession to Make" thread, but I'll repeat it here:

- I have always thought that GTA 3 blue hell is creepy. I don't know why. Maybe the colours, maybe the trails effect, maybe both. I avoided the game for many years because of that, and even when I finally played it, I played it with fear of falling through the ground. I'm overcoming my fear step by step, but i still don't get over it completely. I really feel ridiculous because of that.

- When I was a kid, I thought that the gimp suit from GTA San Andreas was a robot suit. I was really excited because I was playing as a robot CJ. The innocence, man. The innocence.

B Dawg

Nah man, the gimp suit is actually a Burglar suit 😛

iiCriminnaaL 49
12 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Nah man, the gimp suit is actually a Burglar suit 😛

Now that makes sense 😛

Spoiler

I used to pick it up if I wanted the Burglar suit without triggering the side-mission 😛

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 1:36 PM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

- Just like what American Venom mentioned above, I expected myself to like Trevor, but he turned out to be not only my least favorite protagonist, but one of my most disliked characters in the series.

To be a little more specific, I expected him to be a Billy Grey type of character. That's the craziest I expected a protagonist to be. But after the release, I can say that Johnny and Billy are pretty much in the same level when we compare them to Trevor, lol.

Spoiler

Double post, Ikr. Didn't want to edit the last one since I'm adding a point of view that's totally unrelated to it.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

TheSantader25

-I once blew Niko up around 100 times on purpose to see what happens to the hospital bills if we have no money. It was a wild journey. I also was trying to get him to fall on one of the roofs because of the explosion during the "Wasted" black and white scene during that "experiment". Poor Niko. 

Ertan Soner
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

-I once blew Niko up around 100 times on purpose to see what happens to the hospital bills if we have no money. It was a wild journey. I also was trying to get him to fall on one of the roofs because of the explosion during the "Wasted" black and white scene during that "experiment". Poor Niko. 

So what happens when you don't have money?

TheSantader25
20 minutes ago, Ertan Soner said:

So what happens when you don't have money?

The hospital charges less and less as you have less money to the point that they don't charge you at all.