Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tikhung

GTA Confessions.

B Dawg

On subject of confessions: I think R* should have avoided major improvements to the game engine after SA. SA was perfect in every way and all follow-up games should have used the same physics, scale and diversity of features as SA; no more, no less. Basically, I would happily pay £50 every few years for San Andreas with a new map and storyline.

SA wasn't perfect in every single way lol. It was a big improvement over past games, but some things ended up being worse too (weapon sounds, car crash physics, etc...) No game is ever perfect, and every game has room for improvement. IV majorly improved the core gameplay, which is the most important part of the game. Every developer should strive to do this. I'd take quality over quantity any day. We could have both quality and quantity, but you need to find a good balance for that. Too bad V failed on both quality and quantity.

Edited by B Dawg

Algonquin Assassin

I wouldn't give R* a single cent if they just recycled San Andreas with a new map and story for every new game lol. That's worse than the Call Of Duty business model.

Its physics, shooting mechanics etc are crap. If I'm going to be spending money on a new game I want it to you know actually evolve beyond surface fluff.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Penguin Bob

*sighs* Here are some of my confessions.

-San Andreas huge map didn't impress me when i first played it.

-Vice City can get boring for me sometimes.

-I played most of my GTA'S on mobile.

-I never 100% a GTA because 100% stuff was too boring and frustrating.

-Toni is one of my fav protagonists.

- GTA IV story was a little bit boring.

- GTA 3 is an AWESOME game.

- Victor Vance was a badass.

- Tommy V is my fav protagonist.

-San Andreas aiming system is garbage.

-I kinda like GTA V.

-Advance is an OK game.

Edited by Penguin Bob

TheOneLibertonian

- I'll be frankly honest here, GTA Online could have been one of the best Online experiences out there. It had the fundamentals and tools to be the most engrossing and progressive crime MMO out there, but it strayed upon the grounded motifs of the series and turned it into something that cannot be described as "Grand Theft Auto" no more. Wasted potential for sure.

- I absolutely adore GTA III's atmosphere. It's not my favorite GTA game, and is quite dated, but the dark and sordid atmosphere helps the world feel more dangerous and real IMO.

- While I personally don't highly rate TBOGT, the missions were the most fun within the Liberty City Trilogy. Caught With Your Pants Down, For The Man Who Has Everythng, and Dropping In are just great fun.

- The Journey is my favorite radio station among all the games in the GTA series.

Lioshenka

On subject of confessions: I think R* should have avoided major improvements to the game engine after SA. SA was perfect in every way and all follow-up games should have used the same physics, scale and diversity of features as SA; no more, no less. Basically, I would happily pay £50 every few years for San Andreas with a new map and storyline.

SA wasn't perfect in every single way lol. It was a big improvement over past games, but some things ended up being worse too (weapon sounds, car crash physics, etc...) No game is ever perfect, and every game has room for improvement. IV majorly improved the core gameplay, which is the most important part of the game. Every developer should strive to do this. I'd take quality over quantity any day. We could have both quality and quantity, but you need to find a good balance for that. Too bad V failed on both quality and quantity.

To everyone their own. To me SA was the apotheosis of quality and quantity. And tbh I could never understood people who complain about weapons sounds (they all sound the same to me), but then again, GTA 4's engine sounds drove me mad, so i guess we all focus on different things.

Yinepi
Posted (edited)

I'm not fond of Vice City. I think it's one of the worst games in the series with its cheesy writing and stereotypical tough guy protagonist, and the only thing that makes it remotely tolerable and enjoyable is the '80s theme.

Edited by Yinepi

Ohhh123r
Posted (edited)

First time playing GTA V on PS3 back in 2013, I just completed several mission until I'm stuck on Getaway Vehicle mission before Blitz Play, so I decided to free roam the entire Los Santos until one year later and I figure out how to unlock Blitz Play mission and completed all mission. First time before the Final Mission, I decide to choose Deathwish to spare Michael and Trevor life because I don't want to play the mission involved protagonist killing protagonist (but I killed Trevor on PS4 once on replayed mission mode not Story Mode).

Edited by Ohhh123r

TheOneLibertonian

I never understood the appeal for CJ as a character. To me, his personality is as generic and thin as a piece of cardboard. His character development through out the story is all over the place, and his relationships with the supporting characters didn't really feel all that convincing to me. He's well liked because you can customize him whenever you like and because he is "badass" and "human" in comparison to the other protagonists in the series. Tommy is more badass, and Niko is more human than CJ can ever dream of.

Jack Lupino
Posted (edited)

GTA V is underrated

Toni Cipriani is more interesting Protag than Vic

San Andreas gun sounds sucked

GTA 4 is overrated

GTA III/ VC has not aged well

Edited by Jack Lupino

Hot Pursuit
Posted (edited)

To be honest I'm starting to think that IV problem isn't because it was too serious, but how it fail to be a serious game

I mean, how am I supposed to take it seriously about Niko came to LC to start a new life when you ran over a thousand civilian and fire RPG everywhere

This is my opinion though...

Edited by CGFforLife

Prasdana21

I'm not really fond of The Special abilities features in GTA V but it triggered me to classify the rest of the protagonists as Gunmen, Drivers, or Pilots, lol.

My conclusion are:

Gunmen: Tommy Vercetti, Toni Cipriani, Victor Vance, Niko Bellic, and Mike (GTA Advance) (and Michael De Santa of course).

Drivers: Claude, Carl Johnson, Huang Lee, and Johnny Klebitz despite he's more of a Biker (and Franklin Clinton of course).

Pilots: Just Luis Lopez so far apart from Trevor Phillips of course.

Sleepwalking

I always set population density to as low as possible and never understand why people set it to maximum.

1) Low traffic density brings easier driving without unnecessary crashings. I hate peds changing lanes suddenly & recklessly (dumb AI)

-In missions where traffic is not scripted, you can chase your target easier.

2) Less pedestrians.

- Pedestrians can call cops over you, so less number of pedestrians, lower chance of getting caught while committing a crime.

-If you are fire gun in a gang controlled area, you are most likely to cop with low number of gang members, so more easier to evade them.

Fu11Force

- I personally don't care about the in game radio stations and always listen to my custom MP3 in any game

- The games kind of lose their value for me when I finish the story. Granted, I like to know about hidden armour, health, weapons, wanted stars when I play but I think I mainly play for the story and don't care much about the free roam. I do like to do every single mission though (including optional ones)

- I've yet to play the Episodes From Liberty Cities. No excuses, really.. even though I would replay some classics instead

- I like having a perfect stats page, so if I fail or die, I would reload my last save

- Back when i was 10, I would cheat in GTA: SA but it ended up ruining my enjoyment of the game

- Said in another post, but I hate the post mission rating system.

Mocozmo

Don't like GTA V's story, it just sucks.

What is up with the crap story? I loved the opening but Franklin soon fades into obscurity and never has any story to himself again other than the Assassination missions. How he is tied up in all that feels so fake and unrealistic to his character, makes no sense what so ever.

Then you have Michael, I love his family story but then they vanish quickly and you're just left with all the heist crap. I hate that stuff because it is so unrealistic, it would never happen in real life, every mission seems to be waves after waves of enemies you have to kill....... sucks.

Trevor's story really makes sense at the start and I really love his story but then all the FIB crap enters in and ruins everything.

Algonquin Assassin

Don't like GTA V's story, it just sucks.

What is up with the crap story? I loved the opening but Franklin soon fades into obscurity and never has any story to himself again other than the Assassination missions. How he is tied up in all that feels so fake and unrealistic to his character, makes no sense what so ever.

Then you have Michael, I love his family story but then they vanish quickly and you're just left with all the heist crap. I hate that stuff because it is so unrealistic, it would never happen in real life, every mission seems to be waves after waves of enemies you have to kill....... sucks.

Trevor's story really makes sense at the start and I really love his story but then all the FIB crap enters in and ruins everything.

I think this a common sentiment shared amongst most gamers. It starts off with some promise and it fizzles out about halfway through. It’s simlar to how I feel about San Andreas.

The masterpiece that is GTA IV is the only story to me that goes from strength to strength from start to finish.

RetroMystic

- I think killing Trevor is the most realistic choice and it should be canon.

- I also think that deathwish should have ended in Franklin dying regardless of whether or not you could play as Lamar afterwards.

Edited by RetroMystic

Jesucristo

I let the whores hit me in 'GTA: San Andreas'. That excited me.

Big_Smiley

Lmao thanks for the laugh :lol: Sometimes those hookers are packing though. Either knifes or a pistol. Lolz SA was a grate gta.

Jesucristo

Lmao thanks for the laugh :lol: Sometimes those hookers are packing though. Either knifes or a pistol. Lolz SA was a grate gta.

Yeah! When some whore got a knife or gun I had to kill her. She messed me up and ruin my "moment". :barf:

gtafaninwest

I gave up trying to achieve 100% in every game, as it's boring and time consuming.

I absolutely hate the star completion in the missions.

Edited by gtafaninwest

Algonquin Assassin

I never understood the appeal for CJ as a character. To me, his personality is as generic and thin as a piece of cardboard. His character development through out the story is all over the place, and his relationships with the supporting characters didn't really feel all that convincing to me. He's well liked because you can customize him whenever you like and because he is "badass" and "human" in comparison to the other protagonists in the series. Tommy is more badass, and Niko is more human than CJ can ever dream of.

CJ's biggest problem to me is he's relatively useless as a character. Where Claude and Tommy worked with the wild and zany nature of the 3D era CJ just completely failed when R* tried making him more human yet it didn't gel with the 3D era style. On one hand the game tried to make us sympathise with him, but on the other he was still performing tasks like Claude and Tommy so for me at least it made him extremely difficult to relate to/care about.

Vic was a slightly better attempt, but I could still never really relate to him. R* finally perfected it with Niko and it's great to see Niko get praise for his superb characterisation, personality etc. Not because he has the ability to get a tattoo or work out at the gym.

Truthfully I'd like CJ if he was as carefree and ruthless as Claude and Tommy rather than the sad attempt of a "feel for me" Boyz N The Hood knock type of character he is.

Pedinhuh

To be honest I'm starting to think that IV problem isn't because it was too serious, but how it fail to be a serious game

I mean, how am I supposed to take it seriously about Niko came to LC to start a new life when you ran over a thousand civilian and fire RPG everywhere

This is my opinion though...

It's simple: assume everything that happens in free roam isn't canon to the storyline.

How could you justify CJ or Tommy working as a vigilante for the police knowing that they're well known criminals in the city/state where they live?

How could you justify Claude being able to work for the Yakuza when you can just pick up a M4 and rain hell down on their thugs everywhere in the map, and then go play amother mission where Asuka is not even aware of what you did?

How could you justify Victor Vance complaining about not having money to afford the treatment for his sick brother? When a Ashtma treatment in the 80's shouldn't cost more than $20,000?

(Victor has that amount of money after doing about 10 missions of the story)

How could you justify Michael and Trevor, of all people, working as taxi drivers(there's even specific voice lines for then when they accept a fare) when Michael already says in the story that robbing banks is all he knows how to do?

Hell, how could you justify Claude, Tommy, CJ, Toni and Victor taking up a side job as paramedics when they can kill people on a daily basis???

It doesn't make any sense to think these things through and expect some kind of consistency of the characters in a game where you have a gun, a car, and a whole city to do as you please.

That's why you must understand that all game's narrative follows a determined path and whatever happens in free roam is all up to the player. And IS OPTIONAL, I might add.

Pedinhuh

On topic:

-Hidden packages;

-Oysters;

-Horseshoes;

-Flying Rats;

-Monkey Mosaics;

-Letter Scraps;

-Stunt jumps;

-Knife Flights;

-Under the bridge.

I find all of these stupid and immersion breaking, and because of that I never try to compete them all in all GTA games, because of just hate how boring it is to look up a guide in the internet and go after each location in the map.

If you ask me, collectibles should make sense to the storyline and the setting, have in-game hints of where to pick'em up(by clues, maybe) so you don't have to break immersion by looking for a guide outside the game.

Which is why the only collectiblies i really like are the Epsilon Tracts from V and Spray Tags from SA.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Femme Fatale

When I first heard Niko's voice in the first trailer, I thought Lloy Floyd was his voice actor, since he gave Juri from Bully a similar voice, lol.

DirtCheap

-Trevor is a great protagonist, I don't see why he is hated in these forums

-I find GTA IV's missions to be repetitive

TheOneLibertonian

CJ's biggest problem to me is he's relatively useless as a character. Where Claude and Tommy worked with the wild and zany nature of the 3D era CJ just completely failed when R* tried making him more human yet it didn't gel with the 3D era style. On one hand the game tried to make us sympathise with him, but on the other he was still performing tasks like Claude and Tommy so for me at least it made him extremely difficult to relate to/care about.

Vic was a slightly better attempt, but I could still never really relate to him. R* finally perfected it with Niko and it's great to see Niko get praise for his superb characterisation, personality etc. Not because he has the ability to get a tattoo or work out at the gym.

Truthfully I'd like CJ if he was as carefree and ruthless as Claude and Tommy rather than the sad attempt of a "feel for me" Boyz N The Hood knock type of character he is.

Honestly, I always thought that CJ should at least should have stood out for himself and his family rather than being a bitchy errand boy the whole time. At least Niko had proper reasons to suggest why he is doing errands for bosses - (i.e., looking for Darko, or helping Roman's gambling addiction.) However, if they break his morals, Niko is not afraid to tell what he thinks and speaks his mind.

Gummy 

I've never came across a screaming kid or any annoying person with a microphone in GTA Online.

Edited by Gummy 

Wingate167

GTA 5 was the first GTA game I got 100% completion on.

Edited by Wingate167

Typhus

Lazlow shouldn't appear again.

His appeal as a character came from being the voice of reason, a sane figure in a surreal world. It's what made Chatterbox in Grand Theft Auto III so enjoyable. And yet in almost every subsequent appearance he's strayed further and further from this until he's really no different from any of the other caricatures on the radio. And if he's going to keep appearing just to make jokes about what weird sex he's into, or how he's washed up, then what's the point? It's just not funny, or really that entertaining, because I really enjoyed his character and now he's completely unrecognizable.

SwitzerlandBoi1994

I've Never Played A GTA Game Without Cheats, and I Like GTA 3's Liberty City, Better Than GTA 4's Liberty City