3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SleepingAC

HD Carl Johnson for GTA V

SleepingAC

Yeah I did a retexure for all cj faces on the original texture size, under the name lowpolyped. That was a lot of work so I can't imagine high res for everything in the game!

Start some new project :) will be refreshing for this part of the site to have us both active.

Ezekiel

hmm,I have this,click on it

check out the B-Dup

Edited by Ezekiel

SleepingAC

Seen it actually! :) great work buddy, keep it up. 

thalilmythos

So you was Lowpolyped all along? ohh you smooth motherf*cker you...

SleepingAC

I was undercover - didn't want anyone requesting CJ stuff ;) sorry for the heartbreak.

SleepingAC

K0ol-G-R4P

Looks really good Al

PO6Yf0R.png

Only issue I see is I get this weird squinting look often where his lower eyelid blocks half of his iris.

Think if you reshape the lower eyelids (drop them lower) we should be good

701vC3h.png

SleepingAC

I'll look in to that asap.

You seem to be able to do a lot of stuff like adding clothes very easily. Editing the. ymt file is hard for me too.

I have so many questions.

1. Did you manage to get his voice files in?

2. Are you using CJ as an addon ped or his own dlc? 

3. Can you show me your godly ways?

CleoModlar
1 hour ago, SleepingAC said:

You seem to be able to do a lot of stuff like adding clothes very easily. Editing the. ymt file is hard for me too.

I have cj's voices. But for franklin, I can help you for voice lines pains etc, If you accept..

SleepingAC

I appreciate the offer. I already have CJ voice files, but i'm not looking to replace franklins voice. I want to add them as a ped for CJ

K0ol-G-R4P
3 hours ago, SleepingAC said:

1. Yes

You can't add voices, you can only replace. Replacing Franklin or any SP ped is not an option for me so I decided to replace an online exlusive peds voice. Silenced that ped (no longer talks) and assinged his voice archive for CJ. Then moddified the archive with CJs voice. The rpf is still incomplete though.

2. Add on ped via his own DLC.rpf

3. Yes just let me know what you need.

Edited by K0ol-G-R4P

CleoModlar
2 minutes ago, K0ol-G-R4P said:

1. Yes

You can't add voices, you can only replace. Replacing Franklin or any SP ped is not an option for me so I decided to replace an online exlusive peds voice. Silenced that ped (no longer talks) and assinged his voice archive for CJ. Then moddified the archive with CJs voice. The rpf is still incomplete though.

2. Add on ped via his own DLC.rpf

3. Yes just let me know what you need.

You are god damn right...

23 minutes ago, SleepingAC said:

I appreciate the offer. I already have CJ voice files, but i'm not looking to replace franklins voice. I want to add them as a ped for CJ

Maybe impossible or not, just I have made for franklin..

SleepingAC

CJ with his cousin, "Trailer CJ"

syI8Q0F.jpg

@CleoModlar- Sorry but your screenshot won't load for me. 

Edited by SleepingAC

SleepingAC

Old CJ

gOu9yCH.png

CleoModlar
17 hours ago, SleepingAC said:

Old CJ

gOu9yCH.png

OH sh*t! Will you convert to franklin? Or How Can I convert to Franklin from easy way?

Edited by CleoModlar

SleepingAC
4 hours ago, CleoModlar said:

OH sh*t! Will you convert to franklin? Or How Can I convert to Franklin from easy way?

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/character-swap

More Stylish jeans & chucks 

2URJ6AT.png

Tshirt coming in again soon.

trdg7Qh.png

Platinum Card

I could see your perspective on CJ in HD being what Rockstar had in mind when creating the original. CJ in San Andreas doesn't come off as a former gangster, street thug, gang member...but your version is more menacing but handsome. Not sure if this will ever get ported to San Andreas but when the updates are released, I'll definitely add him to GTA V.

K0ol-G-R4P
4 hours ago, SleepingAC said:

I downloaded that tool just to test some cutscenes and discovered CJ has Franks special ability...

Here's the thing, the author says the special ability doesn't work when using a different model than player_zero, player_one or player_two and he's right it doesn't work with addon characters.

Character-swap along with something I set in the DLC I pm'd you earlier enables Franks special ability (vehicle slow mo). To activate it you have to spawn CJ using the name "carlj" and then using character-swap set him to any of the main protagonists. It doesn't matter which protagonist you set him to in character-swap, it will always use Franks special ability. Only issue is that special ability weird slow mo sound doesn't play because its tied to the main characters voice bank and "carlj" is set to use another voice bank.

Visual proof of what I'm talking about

Ze-Krush

Honestly I doubted the new model at first, after a few of these fixes and updates you've made. It already is looking to be 10x better than the old model.

K0ol-G-R4P
4 hours ago, CleoModlar said:

No man I didn't talking about, like your old Carl Johnson beta...

Why are you so determined to replace Franklin when there is no need to?

You can replace Franklin but it will be extra work for no gain. You can't use any of Franklin's clothing because this model is not rigged to Franklin's skeleton like the old beta model was.

The character-swap mod AC linked you to allows an Addon ped to play missions as Franklin, use Franklin's money, phone, safehouses and even call Trevor/Mike/Lamar to hangout with them. The only thing you currently can't do with character-swap is hear Franklins voice outside of mission dialogue and use his special ability.

In future updates CJ will have an expanded wardrobe, his own voice and Franklin's special ability making it further pointless to replace anybody.

CleoModlar
34 minutes ago, K0ol-G-R4P said:

Why are you so determined to replace Franklin when there is no need to?

You can replace Franklin but it will be extra work for no gain. You can't use any of Franklin's clothing because this model is not rigged to Franklin's skeleton like the old beta model was.

The character-swap mod AC linked you to allows an Addon ped to play missions as Franklin, use Franklin's money, phone, safehouses and even call Trevor/Mike/Lamar to hangout with them. The only thing you currently can't do with character-swap is hear Franklins voice outside of mission dialogue and use his special ability.

In future updates CJ will have an expanded wardrobe, his own voice and Franklin's special ability making it further pointless to replace anybody.

But I want to clothes for CJ and Franklin has got clothes caps glasses etc.This cj's model suitable for franklin caps glasses clothes(not body). I made cj's voices for franklin. So, I want it man...

K0ol-G-R4P
6 minutes ago, CleoModlar said:

But I want to clothes for CJ and Franklin has got clothes caps glasses etc.This cj's model suitable for franklin caps glasses clothes(not body). I made cj's voices for franklin. So, I want it man...

Once again...

For Franklin's clothes to work the model needs to be rigged to Franklin's skeleton.

You need to have access to the files, a paid tool for model rigging and knowledge of how to rig models in order to get that done.

Ped props (caps/glasses), voice and special ability all work in the DLC.rpf I sent AC.

Its up to him when to release it.

CleoModlar
8 minutes ago, K0ol-G-R4P said:

Once again...

For Franklin's clothes to work the model needs to be rigged to Franklin's skeleton.

You need to have access to the files, a paid tool for model rigging and knowledge of how to rig models in order to get that done.

Ped props (caps/glasses), voice and special ability all work in the DLC.rpf I sent AC.

Its up to him when to release it.

Thanks man... I will make series with rockstar editor, I tried on 3dmax but, not working. Whatever, We'll wait. Keep it up! 👍

SleepingAC
On 7/2/2018 at 4:45 AM, K0ol-G-R4P said:

I downloaded that tool just to test some cutscenes and discovered CJ has Franks special ability...

Here's the thing, the author says the special ability doesn't work when using a different model than player_zero, player_one or player_two and he's right it doesn't work with addon characters.

Character-swap along with something I set in the DLC I pm'd you earlier enables Franks special ability (vehicle slow mo). To activate it you have to spawn CJ using the name "carlj" and then using character-swap set him to any of the main protagonists. It doesn't matter which protagonist you set him to in character-swap, it will always use Franks special ability. Only issue is that special ability weird slow mo sound doesn't play because its tied to the main characters voice bank and "carlj" is set to use another voice bank.

Visual proof of what I'm talking about

That Is awesome bro! Thanks for your help again.

KENNYOUT3
On 6/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, Ze-Krush said:

Gonna be honest, the new CJ model doesn't look as good as the 2nd version. Doesn't seem as accurate.

Good work on the tank top though, glad to see you're making progress with Zmodeler and rigging.

yeah. i liked the older version better where it looked like he was ripped right out of the 3d universe

SleepingAC
On 7/5/2018 at 6:56 AM, KENNYOUT3 said:

yeah. i liked the older version better where it looked like he was ripped right out of the 3d universe

Then you can go use one that was ripped right out of the 3D universe. There's plenty of them on GTA 5 mods.

Also, you quoted an old comment from Ze-Krush.

He actually said he prefers the new CJ now:

On 7/2/2018 at 7:57 AM, Ze-Krush said:

Honestly I doubted the new model at first, after a few of these fixes and updates you've made. It already is looking to be 10x better than the old model.

Ze-Krush
15 hours ago, SleepingAC said:

He actually said he prefers the new CJ now:

Very true, It's becoming a 100% solid project with nearly no visual flaws. Only part I'm still not used to is the skin tone

The skin tone does look fantastic here, not sure if that's because of the lighting or not though