1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Finding someone on socialclub

Guest Member5489316

Guest Member5489316

I know how to kick someone from a crew but finding the right person to kick is impossible.. People have different social club names and sometime you cant find them by searching their gamertag. Is there an easier way to find out who to kick?

No there is no way. Its f*ckin retarted. It is up to you as a crew leader to keep your own list of crew members. Never let the amount of unknown members get past 10 , this way in the worst case scenerio if you absolutely must kick someone the most you will lose is 10 members.

There are ways to narrow it down but depending on how many members you have can be very time consuming.

First I assume you want to kick a member and you know who he is ingame but not on social club.

Note the members rank and try to see what he looks like, any distinct features like a mask or specific shirt.

Then you can log onto social club and start looking at your unknown members profiles and hope to find a match. If the members profile is blocked sometimes you can enter their sc id into sites such as gta5stats or gtaonline stats and their info may pop so you can get a rank and headshot atleast.

Its really a bitch. Ive had up to 150 members in my crew and had all their sc id and gamer-tag. It is an absolute must when managing your crew.

Keep invites closed till you get it sorted out. If new members request to join make it a rule that they either must link their social club or they must give you sc id and gamer-tag before they are allowed to join.

When working which it currently is not the member list on your crew page can be very helpful. It shows you each member in the order they joined. This makes it a little easier to narrow down who new unknown members are.

Sometimes if an unknown member has recently played you can press start, online, crews. From there you can view your crew members gamer tags(it only displays the last 32? members who have been online). If you see an unknown gamer-tag you can send them a message there requesting their social club id. If they are online you can see their rank and photo and use them to find a match on social club.

You can also host jobs and select to invite from crew members and any crew members including unknowns gamer-tag and photo will be displayed therewhich you can also use to try to find a match on social club.

Edited by stangone50

One more thing, how do I find inactive people?

You can look at the profiles of your members. Go to stats. Click on general I believe and it will show the last date they ranked up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Member5489316

Woo for reviving a dead post but I gotta ask stangone50.. What do I do if someone happens to change their gamertag?

Woo for reviving a dead post but I gotta ask stangone50.. What do I do if someone happens to change their gamertag?

Something we do in my crew, keep a list of members' Social Club and PSN/GT and if we encounter an unknown/unlisted member then get them to take a picture (preferably of yourself or something memorable) and once they've taken the picture you'll know their Social club

Something we do in my crew, keep a list of members' Social Club and PSN/GT and if we encounter an unknown/unlisted member then get them to take a picture (preferably of yourself or something memorable) and once they've taken the picture you'll know their Social club

Pic is a good idea lol ...If someone changes their gamer-tag only the old tag will remain in the crew. The new tag will not be in the crew. However banned members can change their social club name and sneak back into the crew under the same gamer-tag which is complete crap if you ask me but thats how it is.

Another thing I forgot about is when your crew is closed you will get requests and can view them on the crew page. The request will be shown as a social club name BUT if you click to send them a message it will show their gamer-tag. The only problem is when someone sends a request it seems to go to multiple crew members rather than just the leader so anyone can accept their request and you would never know untill you looked.

Its just all very poorly done.

Edited by stangone50
  • Like 1

Guest Member5489316

Gotta say that is a good idea and I will keep it in mind thankyou:)

Pic is a good idea lol ...If someone changes their gamer-tag only the old tag will remain in the crew. The new tag will not be in the crew. However banned members can change their social club name and sneak back into the crew under the same gamer-tag which is complete crap if you ask me but thats how it is.

Another thing I forgot about is when your crew is closed you will get requests and can view them on the crew page. The request will be shown as a social club name BUT if you click to send them a message it will show their gamer-tag. The only problem is when someone sends a request it seems to go to multiple crew members rather than just the leader so anyone can accept their request and you would never know untill you looked.

Its just all very poorly done.

I have done what you have said in an excel and it is working out very well. This crew is for a large-ish livestreamer so there are alot of people. When you say it is sent to multiple crew members what do you mean? I am a comissioner as I hold the document but there are three representatives because they are mods on the stream.. So me and the owner would be the only ones to recieve crew requests, right? & the way I have it working is we play in closed crew sessions and if someone wants to join we get them to read a document which explains they need to request a crew invite and then send me their xbox gamertag over social club. Then I put their sc id and gamertag into the document and accept them into the crew.. Also to solve the problem of having people sneak back into the crew I will keep a record of all banned people's gamertags and if they show up again we will kick the corrospodning social club mamber from the crew. And I gathered by myself that people will leave the crew so in the excel document I have a running total of all crew members stored in the document along with how many members starting with a, b, c, ect.. so I can count how many people beggining with a are in the crew and compare it with the document, hense giving me a good idea of where the stragglers are. I also am having them problem of some members making it into the crew without providing their gamertag I asume this is something to do with the requests being sent elsewhere as you mentioned? Thanks for your time:)

Hey man glad you been able to solve some of your issues.

Im not sure who exactly gets the requests. I know atleast one of my commissioners gets them as well. It could also be other members inviting people without telling anyone.

Guest Member5489316

Hey man glad you been able to solve some of your issues.

Im not sure who exactly gets the requests. I know atleast one of my commissioners gets them as well. It could also be other members inviting people without telling anyone.

Hmm okay, thanks for everything man:D