Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,694 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TheDamnTrainCJ

Why GTA SanAndreas is the best game ever made

Turkey.

Bigger desert than V. Bigger forest. More myths. Feels more mysterious(aliens&sh*t). Actual Area 51 easter egg. Three cities. Sandstorms. Map FELT bigger. Creepy places(abandoned town). More missions. More references to past GTAs. JETPACK.

Stoney0503

JETPACK.

You mean the slow ass mini helicopter that doesn't even have a f*cking radio?

Algonquin Assassin

Noone hates GTA San Andreas, because it's one of blockbusters in games in 2000's. Now in 2015, GTA V is blockbuster.

You're in for a rude awakening when you see the rest of the forum... SA has this reputation with the forum "elite" that it's not a true GTA, because the story sucked or something.

San Andreas was the masterpiece of the 3D-gen GTAs.

That's my opinion too, which is considered "wrong" here. I'm seriously convinced IV/VC fanboys simply hate fun and want to be pretentious.

I consider myself a GTA IV and VC fanboy (funny that :p), but over time I've slowly warmed up to SA. Before I was a member of this forum I never really liked it much, but now it's reached 10 years old and going to back to it ignoring its technical deficiencies compared to the newer games I realise it's still a fun game to play.

I don't even dislike CJ as much as I used to. :)

PowerKracker

Noone hates GTA San Andreas, because it's one of blockbusters in games in 2000's. Now in 2015, GTA V is blockbuster.

You're in for a rude awakening when you see the rest of the forum... SA has this reputation with the forum "elite" that it's not a true GTA, because the story sucked or something.

San Andreas was the masterpiece of the 3D-gen GTAs.

That's my opinion too, which is considered "wrong" here. I'm seriously convinced IV/VC fanboys simply hate fun and want to be pretentious.

I consider myself a GTA IV and VC fanboy (funny that :p), but over time I've slowly warmed up to SA. Before I was a member of this forum I never really liked it much, but now it's reached 10 years old and going to back to it ignoring its technical deficiencies compared to the newer games I realise it's still a fun game to play.

I don't even dislike CJ as much as I used to. :)

You're a perfectly rational person, though. It's funny that despite being the GTA IV fanboy here you can actually respect others' opinions and you show true appreciation for what you love.

PhillBellic

GTA SA at least for me has more re playability than V does. At least at the moment.

Light Syde Riandy

the funny cutscenes,ost,unique characters,great storyline,unique cars,wide environment,you can make your own collection of savegames if you play on pc,you can make your own missions with dyom mod,more anime skins available to download,how can people not thinking this is arguably 1 of the best game and the very best open world and action game ever?

Edited by Rendy Specter

Masked Lady Of Doom

GTA: San Andreas, was my first and foremost favorite GTA ever to release, other than it's younger counter-part GTA V...

Anyone up for wearing the Gimp suit..?

Exploding Pants

Remeber Wheel Arch Angels and the tuner cars? Those were the best things ever. Flying through San Fierro's massive road ramps and drifting through corners... Priceless. GTA V just didn't have THAT feeling to me. I don't even know how to describe it. It's a feeling of joy that comes with flipping a car over, running like hell before you get caught in the blast radius, and simply stealing another one to wash, rinse, and repeat. Ah, San Andreas. Hard to believe you're ten years old already. It's been real, it's been fun, it's been real fun. Thanks for being there for me to spend countless hours on when I should have been studying or something important.

Vice City criminal

JETPACK.

that's the best description of the jetpack I've ever read.

Edited by Vice City criminal

PowerKracker

Sadly, the thing about Jetpack is true. It was mostly a just novelty, and a maybe useful tool to acquire horseshoes.

Everything else? Seasparrow FTW.

Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc

iFarbod

Best GTA Ever i played. Bought it about 4 times:

PC

iOS

Android

Xbox360

Osho

Because it comes from an era of a truly great sandbox games to play in. The gameplay has a different focus and strengths that all together result into an enjoyable experience and there may be no other game in future that could give the player so much freedom to keep him thoroughly interested as this biggest map of the 3D Era made it so much fun.

The future games will continue to break all sales records and get all the endless praises for setting a very high bar in terms of immersion and graphics but when it comes to amount of raw fun and freedom GTA SA will top the list every time for me.

Graphics alone do not make a fun game!

Kostadinoff

The best GTA ever! I'll teach my kids how to play it. lol

Turkey.

JETPACK.

Yes, because a jetpack is supposed to have a f*cking RADIO.. -_-

How the hell would they put a radio on a jetpack? How logical would that be?

Edited by TurkeyShenanigans

/\rdooZ

Gta IV and V didn't really bring something new,something big.
While the 3d era games did.

negged

it might be my nostalgia but i agree

RYe Mann

Will there or is there already a way to update mods for the PS2 version?

Even if there isn't, it really doesn't get old. I could replay this game every year for the rest of my life.

CJ FOOL

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Put it this way, I'm an old guy and I still will always love San Andreas. It's in my heart forever.

SAVILLAIN

Once again

" THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME "

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Sadly, the thing about Jetpack is true. It was mostly a just novelty, and a maybe useful tool to acquire horseshoes.

Everything else? Seasparrow FTW.

Jetpack was also handy for doing the spray tags quickly instead of driving around

xolov

I think the only reason I think SA is the best game ever is that I played hundreds of hours of it when I was a kid

Edited by elias7001

SgtAlpha

Grand theft Auto San Andreas is The Best Game ever made!

No discussion! ^^

SAVILLAIN

its not the best.....

its

THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

lil weasel

Grand theft Auto San Andreas is The Best Game ever made!

No discussion! ^^

its not the best.....

its

THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

Mindless Fanboy SPAM posts in this Fanboy Topic may be dropped in the trash, unless you expand them with real reasons.

ChiroVette

Because it comes from an era of a truly great sandbox games to play in. The gameplay has a different focus and strengths that all together result into an enjoyable experience and there may be no other game in future that could give the player so much freedom to keep him thoroughly interested as this biggest map of the 3D Era made it so much fun.

The future games will continue to break all sales records and get all the endless praises for setting a very high bar in terms of immersion and graphics but when it comes to amount of raw fun and freedom GTA SA will top the list every time for me.

Graphics alone do not make a fun game!

It's not just about the graphics. I mean, you're right, don't get me wrong. But GTA IV and V share a commonality which is the opposite of that which III, VC, and SA all share:

The fact that the games focus on both realism and online.

Rockstar, when making the PS2 games, focused solely on single player and FUN. Realism was not even a consideration, at least not restrictive realism. The problem with GTA IV, and to a lesser extent V, is not that they are bad games. Clearly they are excellent accomplishments, particularly GTA V. But I think where I get hung up, and I suspect others do as well, is on the unspoken, unsaid, and even perhaps unconscious philosophy of the games. GTA V has to focus, to a great extent, on the online component. Realism is the best way to do that because too much sandbox freedom can be seen to break the online experience in many ways. For my tastes, and I suspect the tastes of MANY San Andreas fans, GTA V is a little too realistic to be as much fun. Just look at how much fun there is to be had in any of the PS2 era GTA games by going on self-styled rampages through the city, slaughtering people and cops, and blowing up everything in sight. You could last potentially for HOURS and just waste tons of time in ridiculous, insane, mayhem-fun!

Try that in GTA IV or V and you will be dead within a minute.

GTA now seems to focus an incredible amount of its in-game resources to limiting the gamer in order to make everything real, balanced, and most of all, to keep online gamers happy...online gamers who are used to shooters like Halo, BF, CoD, etc.. Which makes some sense. Online characters that gamers assume, avatars for lack of a better word, have to be much WEAKER and easier to kill than CJ, Fido, or Tommy V, at least to maintain the model of online play and realism that the really successful online games that came before GTA IV and V set.

There is nothing wrong with what Rockstar is doing, and GTA V is a fine game which I still play. But for all the beauty and variety in the game, the restrictiveness inherent in the world is a bit of a downer for me.

B Dawg

Just look at how much fun there is to be had in any of the PS2 era GTA games by going on self-styled rampages through the city, slaughtering people and cops, and blowing up everything in sight. You could last potentially for HOURS and just waste tons of time in ridiculous, insane, mayhem-fun!

Try that in GTA IV and you will be dead within a minute.

Actually you can last a long time in GTA IV, it's not hard.

Stoney0503

JETPACK.

Yes, because a jetpack is supposed to have a f*cking RADIO.. -_-

How the hell would they put a radio on a jetpack? How logical would that be?

The jetpack alone is already illogical, so I don't see why there isn't a radio.

Listening to the Jetpack gets a little annoying and I would like Bounce FM playing while I'm flying over SA thanks.

Abel.

^

Haters gonna hate. If you don't like the game then just stop playing it.

Agreed.

I've loved SA for 10 years and will probably continue to do so.

Excellent avatar and sig by the way. I've been playing RE4 for eight years and it never gets old, either.

LeonTheKiller

^

Haters gonna hate. If you don't like the game then just stop playing it.

Agreed.

I've loved SA for 10 years and will probably continue to do so.

Excellent avatar and sig by the way. I've been playing RE4 for eight years and it never gets old, either.

GTA:SA and RE4, two amazing games with insane replay value. I have been playing those two games ever since they came out. Two gaming masterpieces.

Son of Zeus

Because it was hugely ambitious for 2004.

Because it showed what unlimited freedom and fun in an open world game means.

Because it has amazing characters and a memorable journey of a story.

Because even after 10 long years, it continues to be an awesome masterpiece, beating modern games like GTA IV and V by a mile.

Edited by Son of Zeus