1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA Online, inventory menu doesn't open anymore.

Joe9411

Go to solution Solved by Joe9411,

Hi guys, i have a "big" problem on GTA Online. With the last update (1.05 on PS4), the inventory menu won't open anymore and if i try to open it, the game starts to have a huge drop of framerate. Someone can help me?

I hope you can understand my bad english. :)

EDIT: The problem appeared when I purchased the Christmas masks.

Edited by Joe9411

Same problem! R* support team suggest to relink account, but this doesn't help(

Where you read it? Can you link here?

I have been having the same issue, I just had to rush out and buy all the masks.. sigh. Made a ticket and still waiting for a response, allready tried reinstalling gta v but the problem persists.

I bought all the free Christmas items and I started to have framerate issues AND I can't get in my inventory. I swapped to my alt character and it doesn't have any of these problems. (I also tried switching back/resetting my internet and several other things, but no luck.)

Temporary fix for the low frame rate is to kill yourself using the pause online options. Still won't fix the menu problem. Ire1987 posted something along those lines on the R* site.

Edited by ELightshow

Can someone clarify that this is *just* when you buy masks? If someone who hasn't bought masks could chip in and say they have no problem then this is at least a warning for others to not buy them!

Same here, it happened after I bought the black Santa mask. Works perfectly with my second character, but my main character won't open the inventory menu

bought all the masks for both characters and same for me. When I press select my character moves in slow motion. It actually made me dizzy lol

Also happened to my character when buying masks. I tried restarting the game, going back to single player and switching to my other character but to no avail. The thing is, I don't have any issues in SP or with my other character.

I can't seem to find a way to bring the interaction menu up, but I found blowing myself up fixes the frame rate issue.

Cheers!

Can someone clarify that this is *just* when you buy masks? If someone who hasn't bought masks could chip in and say they have no problem then this is at least a warning for others to not buy them!

It can either affect you or not, my primary character got affected after i bought the masks. but my secondary character didn't.

Edited by Gameralfa095

Crunch McThornbody

Same here :(

Just went and got all the new hats then masks, tried to change my glasses and suddenly the refresh rate dropped significantly and the menu won't appear.

Yep, another victim here..

Touchpad works fine in single player, but online, it won't open and when I click on it the framerate drops so much.. Bullsh*t :|

Miss Malevolent

Yup, bought the masks and I can't access my garages or the interaction menu AND not to mention the lag.

I have the issue too. Both on PS4 and Xbox 360. I don't know about Xbox One or PS3, but I assume that they have the issue too.

The issue occurs when you try to access the inventory menu. It doesn't open, and it makes a frame rate problem. Sometimes it occurs when buying cloths/masks. Weird thing is the lag is like heart beating rather than steady lag like you would get on PC when your system can't handle the game at the settings your playing.

A way to stop the lag if it happens:.

1. On current gen, back out to single player and rejoin.

2. On last gen, go to the Game Store and back out, or back out to single player and rejoin.

I have the issue too. Both on PS4 and Xbox 360. I don't know about Xbox One or PS3, but I assume that they have the issue too.

The issue occurs when you try to access the inventory menu. It doesn't open, and it makes a frame rate problem. Sometimes it occurs when buying cloths/masks. Weird thing is the lag is like heart beating rather than steady lag like you would get on PC when your system can't handle the game at the settings your playing.

2. On last gen, go to the Game Store and back out, or back out to single player and rejoin.

Killing yourself also fixes the problem, e.g. holding a grenade.

Cheers!

Killing yourself also fixes the problem, e.g. holding a grenade.

Cheers!

My game appears laggy just signing on. Im seeing alot of jaggy edges that I never noticed before without even pressing select. R has not updated their support OP. This is getting rediculous!!

jasonkinnison

I too am having the same problem. On 360, bought all festive items. Now can't open inventory and game goes laggy. Sucks, but glad I'm not alone, maybe they'll actually fix it.

Haven't tested on xb1 because don't wanna mess that game up too.

They just closed the support thread for comments..Hope they are not gonna try to sweep this under the rug!!!

They just closed the support thread for comments..Hope they are not gonna try to sweep this under the rug!!!

I assume no fixes happen on weekends? Or friday apparently

hope for monday?

Otherwise they would have needed to change their statement on a 'small number of reports'.

This is all thanks to those f*cking masks that suck anyway. Be prepared that this won't be fixed until the next update, which may take over a month.