Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,643 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Josh.exe

Slamvan Appreciation

AlbanyEsperanto

Here's my whip.

ts-0RGwg_E-roLm8fYcfXQ_0_0_small.jpg

Id like to see your Slamvan but.... cant see image, Photobucket sucked. They charged people to if they want to hotlink a images to Forums it most be payed 399 dollars to enable 3rd Party Hosting. Olny you can see this image but no one other can. Time to find a new image host server, use Imgur, Postimage or Flickr.

Olny i see was this:https://assets.pcmag.com/media/images/546259-photobucket-3rd-party-hosting-broken-image.jpg?thumb=y

Edited by AlbanyEsperanto

DurtyD

Here's my whip.IcM9QcI.jpg

Id like to see your Slamvan but.... cant see image, Photobucket sucked. They charged people to if they want to hotlink a images to Forums it most be payed 399 dollars to enable 3rd Party Hosting. Olny you can see this image but no one other can. Time to find a new image host server, use Imgur, Postimage or Flickr.

Olny i see was this:https://assets.pcmag.com/media/images/546259-photobucket-3rd-party-hosting-broken-image.jpg?thumb=y

fixed it =) Edited by DurtyD

VW GOLF GTI

U1jcWICUtkSkEAq0hy5hCQ_0_0.jpg

dead goon

b6HZ7qceOUCKW9xR-Wvr8Q_0_0.jpg

ouNic3VygEuTUnMpi2N8Ew_0_0.jpg

O9CeMSY3VU2DUQmdAFYvKQ_0_0.jpg

RRqdYuoIaUqAeDpANHv_-A_0_0.jpg

IbrahimLafayette

JHK99UO.jpg

ff9MIGz.jpg

JdVKvU8.jpg

E8Zqp8Q.jpg

79'Blazer4x4

d3scbrQ.jpggfDRQee.jpgcy1s295.jpgF3vpn0u.jpg

Exiled Stranger

gzmy4SSQh06KTCTMsuHqFg_0_0.jpg

ubermensch007

">http://9ofYaip.png

bantonson15
Posted (edited)

Don't have any other pics at the moment...but here's mine collecting dust in my garage. 😋

0_0.jpg

Sure, it's slow as hell...handles like a tank and hits like a tank. But it's a real contender and fun to drive. 🔥

Edited by bantonson15

SMC-93

A little change from my last slamvan build

jcsyQho.jpg

hrwUzPq.jpg

79'Blazer4x4

More pictures.

7JR2Dmz.jpg

ZjKfHKV.jpg

H3vNbdc.jpg

wAlfIzL.jpg

G5phVRb.jpg

And some more in spoiler tags to avoid flooding the thread

53rM502.jpg?1

jh59Aqd.jpg?1

vyq1k7Q.jpg

eMqcujX.jpg?1

Edited by 79'Blazer4x4

Willy A. Jeep

One of many in the acclaimed line of Vapid trucks, the Slamvan is a famous piece of American automotive culture. Long before the aggressive, masculine design of modern trucks, Vapid, Bravado, and Declasse were creating utilitarian, modest pick-ups for farmers and workmen. After the 1940s, when everything in America, from its pride to its people, got bigger, trucks followed. But the styling remained soft and meager, even as the hot rod movement took off, and trucks were soon to fall behind as just another outmoded tool.

And then the Slamvan was born. A mean, boxy, bad-mouthed truck, formed in the fires of post-war America and molded by the hands of sexually frustrated veterans suffering from a disorder that wouldn't have a name for another three decades, ready to revolutionize pick-up design and destroy all competition. It didn't matter that it handled like a bookcase on plastic wheels, or that the engine was more underpowered than the message in a Fred's Pictures film, or that it couldn't actually fit any farm tools in the bed. As soon as automotive culture laid its eyes on this Vapid piece of steel, it was all over.

The Slamvan has seen life as a lowrider, a hot rod, a dragster, and even a tow truck. It's one of those cases where form really won over function, but gearheads made up for that in the end. The popularity of the base model extends to even the panel van variant which, while much rarer, has gathered a cult following all its own. With such a widespread following, arguments over what is the "correct" Slamvan are inevitable, though at the end of the day, they all agree that the Vapid Slamvan is the epitome of what a truck should be.

Here's one I've had the pleasure of driving. It's owned by a mechanic friend out near Harmony. 1957 stepside, used to be a plain shop truck, according to her, but it's had some serious work done over the years. (I think that grille is from an 80s Bravado?) Lotta fun opening it up on the Sandy Shores airstrip!

HxwAqAN.jpg

2vZ0h2M.jpg

BNvkKFf.jpg

0u4VpBb.jpg

wLLdSW5.jpg

ycGoSPY.jpg

More images in the spoiler below, as always.

QeH5lSF.jpg

bgI4Ake.jpg

Rf1VJ4L.jpg

WtNXpfP.jpg

Eex97Nz.jpg

nmk111

H7wCUg2.jpg

BxtBznO.jpg

1Fxcqp5.jpg

Pedinhuh

One of many in the acclaimed line of Vapid trucks, the Slamvan is a famous piece of American automotive culture. Long before the aggressive, masculine design of modern trucks, Vapid, Bravado, and Declasse were creating utilitarian, modest pick-ups for farmers and workmen. After the 1940s, when everything in America, from its pride to its people, got bigger, trucks followed. But the styling remained soft and meager, even as the hot rod movement took off, and trucks were soon to fall behind as just another outmoded tool.

And then the Slamvan was born. A mean, boxy, bad-mouthed truck, formed in the fires of post-war America and molded by the hands of sexually frustrated veterans suffering from a disorder that wouldn't have a name for another three decades, ready to revolutionize pick-up design and destroy all competition. It didn't matter that it handled like a bookcase on plastic wheels, or that the engine was more underpowered than the message in a Fred's Pictures film, or that it couldn't actually fit any farm tools in the bed. As soon as automotive culture laid its eyes on this Vapid piece of steel, it was all over.

The Slamvan has seen life as a lowrider, a hot rod, a dragster, and even a tow truck. It's one of those cases where form really won over function, but gearheads made up for that in the end. The popularity of the base model extends to even the panel van variant which, while much rarer, has gathered a cult following all its own. With such a widespread following, arguments over what is the "correct" Slamvan are inevitable, though at the end of the day, they all agree that the Vapid Slamvan is the epitome of what a truck should be.

Here's one I've had the pleasure of driving. It's owned by a mechanic friend out near Harmony. 1957 stepside, used to be a plain shop truck, according to her, but it's had some serious work done over the years. (I think that grille is from an 80s Bravado?) Lotta fun opening it up on the Sandy Shores airstrip!

HxwAqAN.jpg

2vZ0h2M.jpg

BNvkKFf.jpg

0u4VpBb.jpg

wLLdSW5.jpg

ycGoSPY.jpg

More images in the spoiler below, as always.

QeH5lSF.jpg

bgI4Ake.jpg

Rf1VJ4L.jpg

WtNXpfP.jpg

Eex97Nz.jpg

Nice build and your post is a great read.

But may I suggest you something?

Get a 2 car garage somewhere and park your Slamvan there, it fits much better with the whole theme.

Willy A. Jeep

(sniiiiped)

Nice build and your post is a great read.

But may I suggest you something?

Get a 2 car garage somewhere and park your Slamvan there, it fits much better with the whole theme.

Hah. It was in a six-car for the longest time, one of the houses in Paleto Bay with a garage that serves as my off-road and trucks storage (which can be seen in my Kamacho, Dubsta 6x6, and Injection posts), but it's in my Muscle class garage right now. I can't downgrade at this point without losing either a good number of my cars or losing the ability to store Sandking XLs for resale.

Besides, as I suggested with the flavor text, it's not really my car, it's just kinda there for when I need it. But that's not a realistic reason, hah.

IceDree
Posted (edited)

28842886318_b6ab3e53c3_o.png

41998562124_14339739ea_o.png

Edited by IceDree

crsN

NN19GPcLvUGSkJb66vbj2g_0_0.jpg

54jiP5nqpkq3aI2V-RTTkw_0_0.jpg

Depyat
Posted (edited)

a-zq0vZTHUCNGDfs_ls2Xw_0_0.jpg

Edited by Fascinio