2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Chaotic Shrapnel

GTA Online Heists Trailer

DentureDynamite

As amazing as the heist trailer is, there are two reality checks to think about:

1) Where do the new choppers/vehicles fit into non-heist GTAO? (i.e. when you're in freemode, can you buy a Hydra and call it in from Pegasus?). Am wondering about the impact and access of this new content. Much of this might be restricted to heists-only...just saying.

2) Heists themselves: Despite R*'s best efforts to make them as playable as possible, if you think the frustration of numerous failed missions (Judging the Jury as one example) are bad now, we haven't seen anything yet. Yes, missions can be fun when playing with friends we know well, but as challenging as missions are, passing them is often by the skin of one's teeth; if at all. Heists will be hardcore friends-only from the standpoint of both required live mics (a whole 'nother subject) and dedication/trust of players themselves. Many of us have to rely on random gamers...not going to be practical with heists. I forsee a lot of rage quits/frustration going down.

Not trying to put a damper on this; just being realistic based on what we already know of the world of GTAO.

EDIT: I speak intelligently on this because even when doing my best to play well in each mission, I've still been the dodo that's screwed up the mission for others. :(

Edited by DentureDynamite

Nerfgoth

As amazing as the heist trailer is, there are two reality checks to think about:

1) Where do the new choppers/vehicles fit into non-heist GTAO? (i.e. when you're in freemode, can you buy a Hydra and call it in from Pegasus?). Am wondering about the impact and access of this new content. Much of this might be restricted to heists-only...just saying.

2) Heists themselves: Despite R*'s best efforts to make them as playable as possible, if you think the frustration of numerous failed missions (Judging the Jury as one example) are bad now, we haven't seen anything yet. Yes, missions can be fun when playing with friends we know well, but as challenging as missions are, passing them is often by the skin of one's teeth; if at all. Heists will be hardcore friends-only from the standpoint of both required live mics (a whole 'nother subject) and dedication/trust of players themselves. Many of us have to rely on random gamers...not going to be practical with heists. I forsee a lot of rage quits/frustration going down.

Not trying to put a damper on this; just being realistic based on what we already know of the world of GTAO.

I think its now your crew starts to matter! either u join a good crew or getting in one.

Nick930930

-Money Bags*

-New character dialogue (Lester, Ron, etc)

-New character

-Cruise ship accessible online*

-New Masks (Classic sock-over-head mask, gas masks, etc)

-New attack helicopter (Hind)

-Usable Drill*

-new outfits (garbage truck crew outfit, police officer uniforms, hazmat suits, etc)

-new sports car with armored windows*

-Magnet attachment to Cargobob allowing for easier vehicle pickups*

-ability to disguise yourself*

-dart board inside apartment

-new armored truck w/ mounted gun

-new rebel truck with mounted 50 cal machine gun

-new jet (hover jet)

-Aircraft Carrier*

-Night vision goggles

-Flare Gun

-new helicopter (Huey w/ mounted miniguns)

GEARHRT

it'd be helpful if there were a 'heist proficiency' stat attached to each player when inviting players to a heist- similar to choosing your crew in SP. I'd trust a lvl 120+, 86-percenter to complete a heist w/ me

s-u-r-y-a

-Money Bags*

-New character dialogue (Lester, Ron, etc)

-New character

-Cruise ship accessible online*

-New Masks (Classic sock-over-head mask, gas masks, etc)

-New attack helicopter (Hind)

-Usable Drill*

-new outfits (garbage truck crew outfit, police officer uniforms, hazmat suits, etc)

-new sports car with armored windows*

-Magnet attachment to Cargobob allowing for easier vehicle pickups*

-ability to disguise yourself*

-dart board inside apartment

-new armored truck w/ mounted gun

-new rebel truck with mounted 50 cal machine gun

-new jet (hover jet)

-Aircraft Carrier*

-Night vision goggles

-Flare Gun

-new helicopter (Huey w/ mounted miniguns)

giphy2_zps75f1f177.gif

Edited by AAR

CaptHayes

That's cool... but what I'm gathering from this is that it's going to be a mandatory car for the heist.

You won't be able to use whatever car you want because it's etched up there on the whiteboard.

Plus, I can't see them letting you use that car in freemode or other missions, so what other use for it would there be besides forcing you to use it for the heist?

This is great if you like tuners or whatever, but it's pretty much the antithesis of the kind of cars I like, personally.

Or maybe that's the car the heist leader chose?

Testarossa

ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

Facepalm38

-Never mind edited-

Edited by LucarioVercetti

krooked kouki

This is great if you like tuners or whatever, but it's pretty much the antithesis of the kind of cars I like, personally.

If you take into consideration what an EVO is:

-Four door

-AWD

-All Terrain

It makes sense to add over most cars, especially since R* seems to be adding newer vehicles.

Edited by lukeskateboards

Mach1bud

Okay, so there's this car that my eye caught on the trailer. Looks like a civilian version of the Vapid Interceptor, and it looks like it has a lot of customizing:

uibJFnJ.png

Front view:

iechhjy.png

33cUtUu.png

What do you think guys?

It's a Kuruma.

krooked kouki

Okay, so there's this car that my eye caught on the trailer. Looks like a civilian version of the Vapid Interceptor, and it looks like it has a lot of customizing:

What do you think guys?

It's an EVO, dude. It's going to be a Maibatsu.

Edit: You have a skyline in your sig, but can't tell this this is clearly an evo? I'm confused..

Metalz

rapine_gta_online_17.jpg

Is that a new haircut? I can't check on the game now..

Nick930930

rapine_gta_online_17.jpg

I doubt it. That armor itself looks new though.

Stoakzee

This looks awesome! Hopefully some of the new vehicles/guns/clothing will be available in free roam as well.

krooked kouki

I doubt it. That armor itself looks new though.

It's that "armor" just the top from the LTS DLC?

Facepalm38

What do you think guys?

Edit: You have a skyline in your sig, but can't tell this this is clearly an evo? I'm confused..

Having a Skyline in my sig doesn't automatically make me a car guru. It looked like the Interceptor to me.

Econobrick

Or maybe that's the car the heist leader chose?

Well, yeah. Of course that's possible.

I'm just saying, take the Duke O' Death which is almost completely bulletproof. (and you can only shoot straight ahead out of the windshield opening) They don't let you use that online for obvious reasons.

Now, this Kuruma is done up the exact same way... you know that isn't going to be allowed in freemode etc. either... so why else is it even in the game? It's in there because they want you to use it in the heist. I'm just guessing that it's either going to be locked to the Kuruma, or they'll give you a choice of a couple of special armored cars and that's it. Maybe not even that, though. They probably just figured they needed a 4-door armored car to accommodate the heist crew members.

I suppose it's possible they'll let you swap it for a car in your garage (I hope so) but I dunno.

I'm sure there'll be a stock Kuruma for use outside of heists, though.

If you take into consideration what an EVO is:

-Four door

-AWD

-All Terrain

It makes sense to add over most cars, especially since R* seems to be adding newer vehicles.

Of course I know what an EVO is, I've been into cars my entire life... that doesn't mean I like those or want to have to use one.

It just seems kind of asinine to me. Sure it's got armored windows, but it's still a plastic riceburner. Shouldn't they use a rolling battering ram like a '66 Imperial? A car that's almost banned from demolition derbies (for example) because they're damn near indestructable? :p

1966ChryslerImperialCrown.jpg

I'm half-kidding of course... I know they have to appeal to the kiddies and go with the lowest common denominator.

Edited by Econobrick

menny

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! SO HYPED!

Anyway! We pretty much saw what we'll use to do the heists, but we didn't saw what we could spend our money on! ( I mean cars, apartments, etc.)

What do you think we'll see? :)

Nick930930

Has anyone mentioned the payouts?

$100,000-$350,000 per player? That's pretty awesome.

Facepalm38

Or, the Kuruma is just a new car, and the one shown on the trailer is modified at LSC?

Gazaag

They could of released it on the 23rd as a Christmas present from them and for all the delay but no. I just hope they don't delay next year

Datguy8925

Or, the Kuruma is just a new car, and the one shown on the trailer is modified at LSC?

That's what I'm thinking.

Facepalm38

That's what I'm thinking.

That's what it probably is. There hasn't been a single Mission only car in the whole GTA series as far as I remember. I don't count the JB700, because you can buy that, even without the weapons.

Nick930930

Breakdown of the new Planning Board:

Top Left:

-Shows the potential total earnings and a pie chart showing which player gets which cut

Top Right:

-Shows all players with their names, rank, cut, and ready status

Bottom Left:

-shows the steps in the heists, numbers associated with steps are also displayed on the map to the far left

Bottom Middle:

-Categories that allow you to customize the crew's gear (weapons, gadgets) and the crew's vehicles (Helicopters, cars, etc)

Bottom Right:

-Some type of wanted poster. Possibly the main target for this specific heist shown.

What's interesting is the ability to plan your crew's gear. Does this restrict weapons to ones picked by the host? What about the new gadgets we see in the trailer like Night Vision, are these Heist only features?

Edited by Nick930930

CaptHayes

Well, yeah. Of course that's possible.

I'm just saying, take the Duke O' Death which is almost completely bulletproof. (and you can only shoot straight ahead out of the windshield opening) They don't let you use that online for obvious reasons.

Now, this Kuruma is done up the exact same way... you know that isn't going to be allowed in freemode etc. either... so why else is it even in the game? It's in there because they want you to use it in the heist. I'm just guessing that it's either going to be locked to the Kuruma, or they'll give you a choice of a couple of special armored cars and that's it. Maybe not even that, though. They probably just figured they needed a 4-door armored car to accommodate the heist crew members.

I suppose it's possible they'll let you swap it for a car in your garage (I hope so) but I dunno.

I'm sure there'll be a stock Kuruma for use outside of heists, though.

To be fair, you're probably right about it being mandatory for that particular heist in any case. It looks like behind Lester @ 15 secs it says to "source the kurama?"

krooked kouki

What do you think guys?

Having a Skyline in my sig doesn't automatically make me a car guru. It looked like the Interceptor to me.

Normally if you know the likes of a Skyline, you're going to have common knowledge of other JDM power houses.

I guess you're an exception?

Commander S

Bunch of minor things I've spotted in those IGN pics, that may not have been noticed:

GTAV_PS4_Heists_016-720x405.jpg

As well as the Marauder-style APC with the gun turret, there's another (unarmed) APC, just beyond the Merryweather Mesa - new?

GTAV_PS4_Heists_005-720x405.jpg

New monster (Universal movie monster-eque) masks - what looks like a zombie/ghoul, a mummy, Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster. Also, new female shirts with ties.

GTAV_PS4_Heists_002-720x405.jpg

Paper bag masks. That is all.

...that, and that does look like the GTA 3/Liberty City Stories Kuruma, but given the full armour treatment.

GTAV_PS4_Heists_028-720x405.jpg

New gasmasks - seen in that screenshot with the full HazMat suits, but it appears you can wear just the masks separately as well (see the driver).

Bus Creep

I would have been so excited 2 years ago! now it's just like meh!

GTA_Matt24

Who needs heist when theres darts in your apartment!

(you can see it in the trailer)