3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Mr. Jago

Mr. Jago's Workshop

Mega

Just asking, what is wrong with Timmy? Driv3r was released in 2004. Is there anything wrong with the company?

I just noticed that, don't the new rules accept this conversion? Game is 10 years old already.

PhillBellic

I like the GTA III rendition of the Cabby. :)

Jinx.

Just asking, what is wrong with Timmy? Driv3r was released in 2004. Is there anything wrong with the company?

I just noticed that, don't the new rules accept this conversion? Game is 10 years old already.

Yeah. :)

PhillBellic

Yeah. :)

Good question. Just to be safe, ask one of the Modding Staff. :)

Mr. Jago

they changed the rules recently and I haven't exactly been keeping this thread from gathering dust. uploaded to gtag and updated :)

I haven't had much time to work on this for now, I've been spending my free time doing GTA:LC mods (which you can see going on in this thread along with other great stuff)... uhh QUICK here's a distraction

staple2.pngpython_snub2.pngnail_2.pnggrenlanch.pngcolsil.pngaug.png

edit: anyone know if there's a bbcode that makes an image appear in custom dimensions?

Edited by Mr. Jago

Jinx.

Nice! If you will make the Grenade Launcher, how will you make it react like one? :)

Mr. Jago

Nice! If you will make the Grenade Launcher, how will you make it react like one? :)

I have no game plan for any of these, just made the icons because someone had to :p

if someone's interested in scripting it though that'd be pretty dandy

Jinx.

lol, then maybe I could use some icons for my WIP Weapon Pack. :p

Jeansowaty

lol, then maybe I could use some icons for my WIP Weapon Pack. :p

Ours* XD

Well I can try MVL-ing them somehow, maybe editing the anim of the "grenades" would work, not sure.

Mr. Jago

NrxjhKU.png

used just about the hackiest method ever to get a custom animation into III, that's niko's stance if you can't tell (ripped from another VC mod because I don't want to install the game)... this could turn into something good if I worked out the kinks

Edited by Mr. Jago

Jinx.

HOLY F*CKING sh*t. FIRST BEING THE BONED PEDS, NOW CUSTOM ANIMS?! AWESOME! :D

Mr. Jago

takes a lot of elbow grease but it's possible. here's where the hackiness comes in:

1. I had to open up my custom rig with all the bones set up to match GTA 3's names

ZKoOeUm.png

I originally made it to test skeletal animation in 3 but couldn't export it, good for something I guess

2. then I used ifpchop to get my VC anim, renamed all the bones to roughly match my rig

3. imported modified ifp in max, arms come out all floppy and broken so I had to rotate them back into place to be presentable

4. replaced anim in ped.ifp and tested in-game, as you can see claude's gone flipped over and I have no idea how to fix it. :p something to do with the root bone maybe?

and there you have it, total pain BUT IT'S POSSIBLE. if I could fix the rotation thing we could have bailing mods with proper animation! the possibilities are endless

Edited by Mr. Jago

Jinx.

GTA 3 gets new things discovered day by day. :D

savidge

What happens if you place it sideways before you export it? Will it show up normally in-game then? :D

undertaker fan

Really impressive discovery nigga, good to see gta 3 modding alive and kickin!

Jeansowaty

GTA3's modding power is growing... now the map limits are hacked, you can modify anims... what next? Add more weapons? XD

PhillBellic

GTA3's modding power is growing... now the map limits are hacked, you can modify anims... what next? Add more weapons? XD

Add multiple instances of the police cars (multiple separate models, like SA)?

Sergiu

takes a lot of elbow grease but it's possible. here's where the hackiness comes in:

1. I had to open up my custom rig with all the bones set up to match GTA 3's names

I originally made it to test skeletal animation in 3 but couldn't export it, good for something I guess

2. then I used ifpchop to get my VC anim, renamed all the bones to roughly match my rig

3. imported modified ifp in max, arms come out all floppy and broken so I had to rotate them back into place to be presentable

4. replaced anim in ped.ifp and tested in-game, as you can see claude's gone flipped over and I have no idea how to fix it. :p something to do with the root bone maybe?

and there you have it, total pain BUT IT'S POSSIBLE. if I could fix the rotation thing we could have bailing mods with proper animation! the possibilities are endless

Same thing as what NGclan taught me to do but I ended up not finishing the model due to school work. :p

theNGclan

YER FUKKIN WELCOME M8

Jinx.

I see what you did under... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

KarbzKartel

Perhaps split the window at the front of the helicopter to look like the original III models in the missions.

Mr. Jago

Perhaps split the window at the front of the helicopter to look like the original III models in the missions.

huh, did my last screenshot not show the split window I was doing? I've actually made a lot more progress than I've shown, but I've kind of hesitated on showing any more because it still isn't finished, and I haven't touched it in quite some time. let's see...

ITLL_NEVER_BE_PRETTY.png

yep, my heli files are split between two different versions of max, since my trial ran out while I was still working on it. as you can see, I guess I cut the colorable news stripes in half and thought of mirroring them before dropping the whole thing altogether. I spent so much time looking at this thing that I got sick of it and pretty much put down modding as a whole for a little while. I'll get back on it soon, honest :p

IN OTHER NEWS...

universetwisters

Do you think that sometime in the near future or anything, custom animations can be made with one of those webcams/kinect cameras? I remember doing the latter for source engine stuff.

Neat looking helicopter BTW, I especially like how you got the secondary color spiraling around the tail, if that's the right helicopter term.

PhillBellic

Do you think that sometime in the near future or anything, custom animations can be made with one of those webcams/kinect cameras? I remember doing the latter for source engine stuff.

Neat looking helicopter BTW, I especially like how you got the secondary color spiraling around the tail, if that's the right helicopter term.

Agreed. I do like the use of the secondary colour as the 'spiral'. I hope Jago completes the helicopter.

Mr. Jago

oh definitely, there's only maybe one or two problems you'd run into while making animations from scratch for III, but with converting them from other GTA games, there's many. that's why I didn't really mention stuff like that :p

thanks btw, its been giving me a lot of clipping/z-fighting issues but I hope to get it looking good

universetwisters

True that. It's a pain in the ass I tell ya, getting the secondary right on the faces and stuff to make a livery out of.

KarbzKartel

Your heli is shaping up nicely, it will soon then feel like a genuine III atmosphere.

Mr. Jago

LO1BGDI.png

very wip

PhillBellic

It looks good so far none the less, Jago. :)