Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,209 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gamerzworld

San Andreas Downgrader

cz_tec_cz

Anyone has a solution to this ? I tried to downgrade my Gta San Andreas game . Everything worked fine till' i got to the option to downgrade, revert downgrade, tools and credit ! When i pressed the downgrade button i created a backup for my game so i could save my game files ! I confirmed then this error comes up :

System.IO.IOException:The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Gta S.A\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\gtaweap3.ttf' because it is being used by another process.

And A LOT more text which i personally think that is has no revelation to the solving of the error !

I may be wrong ! But i would really appreciate it if someone could actually find a solution to the problem !

Thank You

Cleverbird

Soooo... Is this tool dead? Keeps giving me issues that it cant connect to the RockstarNexus services...

I really just want to downgrade to 1.0 and fix the horrendous vertical sensitivity :/

W17CH3R

Hi W17CH3R

Do you mean the Silent Patch or the Downgrade? Because i dont really understand what mean Insall Mods without Patch. Does it mean the Downgrade itself or the Silent Patch?

I have installed the Steam Downgrader with the first 6 Mods. The other Mods i used, i have just copeyd in my modloader folder and they do all work. But if i copy Overdose Effects in the modloader folder the game crash.

Thanks for your help

Sorry for the late reply.

Just downgrade the game without selecting additional mods in the menu. Once downgraded, install Silent's ASI Loader, SilentPatch and other mods manually.

Soooo... Is this tool dead? Keeps giving me issues that it cant connect to the RockstarNexus services...

I really just want to downgrade to 1.0 and fix the horrendous vertical sensitivity :/

I wouldn't use this tool (as of now) if I'm honest. It's having compatibility issues with Windows 10 and its constant updates. I find that doing everything manually works way better. Considering that San Andreas is DRM-free, you can ask a friend for their downgraded gta_sa.exe and it's 100% legal.

PM me if you need additional help.

Edited by W17CH3R

W17CH3R

Anyone has a solution to this ? I tried to downgrade my Gta San Andreas game . Everything worked fine till' i got to the option to downgrade, revert downgrade, tools and credit ! When i pressed the downgrade button i created a backup for my game so i could save my game files ! I confirmed then this error comes up :

System.IO.IOException:The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Gta S.A\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\gtaweap3.ttf' because it is being used by another process.

And A LOT more text which i personally think that is has no revelation to the solving of the error !

I may be wrong ! But i would really appreciate it if someone could actually find a solution to the problem !

Thank You

Don't get me wrong, this tool is great when it works, but people are having issues they can't get around. It's more than likely because of Windows 10 and constant updates which break everything. :cry:

The best thing you can do right now is to do everything manually until this is fixed. Once again, if you need help, PM me.

SSEBB

I'm attempting to run the downgrader, but whenever it starts on the CR section, i get an error reading "system.IO.FileNotFoundException:File not found. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Filesystem.Rename(String OldPath, String NewPath) at SAPatch.main.VB$StateMachine_48_DowngradeThread.MoveNext()

If anyone knows how to fix this I would really appreciate the help! Thank you

(should note that I'm still running windows 7)

Edited by SSEBB

Mort_Brain

The installation is broken when you use a Windows Classic theme :barf:

GtANoObHelp

Hello can someone help me after I'm done with downgrade and I click on gta_sa.exe it says "Cannot find 1414x794x32 video mode" if someone can help me I would really appreciate that!

inSultan

Are all the mods in the downgrader updated to their latest version?

DawidF

Don't work (Win 10, 64 bit, Steam Version)

3n9N9DQ.png​

Please fix.

hamphrey
Posted (edited)

I can't use my joystick. It just doesn't work in the game and there's not even option in the menu to choose joystick.

Edited by hamphrey

SHIFAAH9

I can't use my joystick. It just doesn't work in the game and there's not even option in the menu to choose joystick.

Use this: http://gtaforums.com/topic/562765-ginput

reveniens
Posted (edited)

jspQ5ZQ.png​

have this error, how can I fix?

Edited by reveniens

Silent

"Copying: sadowngrader_1.4.0.exe"

You seem to have the downgrader in the same directory as your original/downgraded GTA and that seems to be causing issues.

reveniens
Posted (edited)

ah, thanks, downgrade seems to work now but it's crashing when I click new game

edit: looks like I fixed it by just uninstalling the game, re-installing it, copying the reinstalled files to a new folder and patching that. Always helpful to read the original post for crash fixes. :p

Edited by reveniens

DiogoRafael

I'm lazy and have no patience with mods, and this tool works great for me on Windows 10 with GTA:SA, is there something like this for Vice City?

CJ's Jetpack
Posted (edited)

This is a great program, thank you for providing this for the community.

I'm lazy and have no patience with mods, and this tool works great for me on Windows 10 with GTA:SA, is there something like this for Vice City?

I've been wondering the same thing, I hope one day that will be made. I know the mods exist so it's just a matter of compiling them into a program like this one, I would assume. Edited by CJ's Jetpack

Nines And AKs

GTA: San Andreas Downgrader

This downgrader will take the certain versions of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and downgrade them to their original version 1.0 counterparts.

Works With

- NewSteam r2 (including German) (12/9/14)

- Retail Second Edition (2.0) US

Why Downgrade?

Later versions of San Andreas over the years have made a number of changes to the game such as removing songs, textures and animations along with editing the game's script. They've also added in a few protections against things such as Hot Coffee. Due to these changes, a number of modifications such as SA-MP will outright reject new versions. This downgrader restores all the original files, not only making your copy a more complete San Andreas - but also enabling the use of popular modifications.

Known Issues

None known at the moment. Please let me know if you find anything.

I'm Crashing!

Try the following:

• Deleting your gtasa.set file in "Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files" (Or use the "Delete gta-sa.set" option in the Tools menu)
  • Removing any modifications.
  • Remove any saved games from previous versions of the game (if this fixes it, read the topic again more carefully)
  • Delete the game from Steam, re-download it and then reapply the downgrader.
  • Still crashing? Check your computer setup for sh*tty programs and/or configuration. People have a tendency to blame the game/developers before checking their own crappy setup that's likely causing the issue.

OMG I HAVE TWO EXES

This is on purpose for compatibility reasons - they are both the exact same. The Steam release of San Andreas changed the EXE name - so Steam looks for gta-sa.exe when it attempts to launch San Andreas. Mods on the other hand look for gta_sa.exe as this was the original retail EXE name.

Legal

This downgrader relies on binary differences so no game files are being distributed. It requires a legally purchased copy of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in order to work.

Video

Vadim M has created an excellent video demonstrating how to use the downgrader.

Download Stub Version (Updates Itself With Patches) (2.1 MB)

RockstarNexus

Download Full Package (522 MB)

RockstarNexus

I cant downgrade. The files will become invisible for some reason.

Took a while to respond to this, a year and over but I got the program to work. The problem was that my previous anti malware program Comodo or whatever the f*ck is called has this "sandbox" mode which runs programs in the RAM separately for safety reasons, but then the installer did not work cause of it. Never install that junk anti malware guys.

WiktorThePole

I know that there it's written that its legal, but how is it with the songs? How brings this program the songs back, because i don't want to pay 1000 € for song piracy.

P.S.: Sry for my English

dimassss

Downgrade was successful, but now the cars are way too fast? Initial acceleration seems fine, the problem is, they keep accelerating. It's not a frame limiter issue. My steam version still runs ok, top speed for cars is fine there. I tried downgrading with supplied mods (SilentPatch, Remastered GUI, Project2DFX, Widescreen Fix and SkyGFX) and without them — no difference. Anything I can do about that?

Silent

Where is SilentPatch fetched from? It still appears to be Build 28, which confuses people.

ElementaryGR

Thank you mate <3

ZZCOOL

using this downgrader makes the entire game white with enb like all textures are just white i use a graphics mod called direct x 2.0 and this mod only works properly without the downgrade, other issues i have is a complete black screen when the cutscene ends, minimap works sound works everything is just black but the hud so nothing is frozen it's just black.