2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gamerzworld

San Andreas Downgrader

liamedwards12

I get a "Not enough disk space!" error when i select my game directory despite having 2.62 TB free on the HDD it's on and at least 300GB free on all other HDD/SSD's in my system.

EDIT: Found fix, used smaller partition (http://community.clickteam.com/threads/91226-Patch-Maker-1-3-quot-Not-enough-disk-space-quot-error-on-very-large-drive-partitions) Seems this version of the installer doesn't support >2TB partitions.

Edited by liamedwards12

bobbybrand

For those of you having the "unknown version" problem or if you want to make sure you don't run into the problem...

DO NOT install any mods such as sa-mp or put anything in the folder before you use the downgrader. If you have done so uninstall and remove whatever you have done then try running the downgrader again. If that doesn't work. Delete the Local content using Steam by going to your steam library, right clicking on San Andreas, and then click Delete Local Content. Then navigate to the GTA folder where all the stuff was stored before (should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas) and delete it. Then re-download the steam version. Don't open up San Andreas once it's reinstalled. Just run the downgrader and hopefully it should work. That fixed my problem.

WarNikolai

edit. can be removed.

Edited by WarNikolai

WarNikolai

Emmm... I downloaded the downgraded and then noticed that its for downgrading to v1...

Is there any way to downgrade the latest steam version (i think its called newsteam r2) to the v3.0 steam version? The one before 9/2014

Edit. Okay, finally I understood it thanks to this article. Very useful for noobs like me that have no idea of moding.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/12120/discussions/0/34096318964479523/

Edited by WarNikolai

Kalagorn

It's very good, works just fine. However, I wanted to play in 1080p, and the 1.0 version doesn't have that, obviously. I tried to download the 1.01 patch and install it myself, but it gets the Old File Not Found error. Is there any way I can get 1080p?

Edited by Kalagorn

George Costanza

It's very good, works just fine. However, I wanted to play in 1080p, and the 1.0 version doesn't have that, obviously. I tried to download the 1.01 patch and install it myself, but it gets the Old File Not Found error. Is there any way I can get 1080p?

http://gtaforums.com/topic/547841-gtanfsmpother-widescreen-fixes-pack/

http://gtaforums.com/topic/669045-silentpatch/

Kalagorn

http://gtaforums.com/topic/547841-gtanfsmpother-widescreen-fixes-pack/

http://gtaforums.com/topic/669045-silentpatch/

Yeah, after I posted that I found the SilentPatch, works great. Thanks anyway!

TheticalFlyer97

Did the Steam version got updated again? Every time I run the downgrader it fails to update the audio\streams\mh file.

gamerzworld

Did the Steam version got updated again? Every time I run the downgrader it fails to update the audio\streams\mh file.

Nope, the last update to the public branch was December 1st, 2014. Have you tried deleting your copy and redownloading? What country are you in?

They have been staging updates the past 5 or so months now to restore the old radio, but I wouldn't hold my breath - something like that should have been published at the beginning of the year when they f*cked everything up. Rockstar really just doesn't give much of a sh*t anymore sadly.

El Dorado

there is a more complete downgrader for VC? There's one from 13AG, it restores the 1.0 exe and that's all. I'm talking about missing songs and all cuban haitian content

gamerzworld

there is a more complete downgrader for VC? There's one from 13AG, it restores the 1.0 exe and that's all. I'm talking about missing songs and all cuban haitian content

I'm pretty sure all PC versions contain the cut Haitian content.

EDIT: Just to do a quick check of your game, go to the audio folder and play cub_3.mp3. If Umberto talks about killing Haitians -- it's uncut.

Edited by gamerzworld

Blackbird88

Not true. They're still called Haitians in my game unless you mean something else.

George Costanza

They did not censored it on PC, even in steam version. And when i am thinking about steam version i think even in newly bought releases you still have Bilie Jean and some other in newer releases cut classics

AnEternalEnigma

I cannot install this. It's saying "Not Enough Disk Space!" when I have 2.72GB free. Can someone update this to remove the <2GB limit? I really don't want to add a HDD partition just for this.

Edited by AnEternalEnigma

mirh

I cannot install this. It's saying "Not Enough Disk Space!" when I have 2.72GB free. Can someone update this to remove the <2GB limit? I really don't want to add a HDD partition just for this.

It's not like you can't resize it too.

Or free disk space.

Or use ntfs compression on compressible stuff.

AnEternalEnigma

It's not like you can't resize it too.

Or free disk space.

Or use ntfs compression on compressible stuff.

I think you misunderstood my post. It's saying "Not Enough Disk Space!" but my HDD has 2.72GB free right now, which is more than enough space. A poster above me said that the program can't run properly on HDDs that are over 2GB. I really don't feel like creating a HDD partition just to get this to work and was wondering if whoever wrote this program could go in and add support for drives over 2GB.
Edited by AnEternalEnigma

AnEternalEnigma

Oh gosh, I just realized I was typing in the wrong thing. I have been meaning to say 2.72 TERABYTES, not GB. My mistake. I have 2.72TB free and the file seems to not recognize anything over 2.0TB. Again, my mistake totally.

Dblcut3

For some reason, for me it freezes on 41%. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling GTA and it does the same thing. Any ideas?

mirh

For some reason, for me it freezes on 41%. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling GTA and it does the same thing. Any ideas?

It's not freezing. It's just it requires a f*ckton of CPU power to delta patch gta3.img (see comment #2).

Just wait.

Sonicguy41

I swear to f*cking god sometimes having steam is like a curse.

LadTheRad

So, when I download this then put it in the folder where my .exe is for the game and attempt to run it it gives me the error "This file contains invalid data"...anybody?

mirh

Check if SHA1 is right: 7F92D2C146DB9C5A6446BF5701787E75F1EDF120

Try to download it again otherwise.

Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Is this downgrader also compatible with the retail version of the game? I got my copy of GTA SA out of the GTA Trilogy pack, not from steam.

mirh

Is this downgrader also compatible with the retail version of the game? I got my copy of GTA SA out of the GTA Trilogy pack, not from steam.

https://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?t=15151

Edited by mirh

Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Thanks! Works great now.

gamerzworld

https://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?t=15151

Just to note: while this does work great, it only downgrades the EXE file. Later retail releases remove certain files pertaining to hot coffee -- so the MTA downgrader isn't necessarily a complete downgrade.

I'm going to update this in the next few days with support for retail 2.0 US and a fix for the 2TB issue.

To anyone outside of the US, if anyone would be willing to send me an untouched copy of your install (or DVD image), I could add them to the downgrader.

Edited by gamerzworld

mirh

This should really just be about Steam edition.

There's no point in forcing retail user to use this, with 1.1GB of useless music they never had removed.

Also, if you are at recompiling it, check if there's any option to lessen CPU load during patching.

Edited by mirh

Narnian_Dogevoima

NOTE: I'm using a mac!

Ok so my problem is that when I use the downgrader it says unknown version. I've tried reinstalling the game and running the downgrader but that didn't work. My game should be completely ckean with no modifications done. And if somebody could possibly provide me with a solution to completely clear the gamefiles that would be useful.

Oh and I bought the game on September 2015 if somebody needs that information.

Thanks in advance!

-Narnian_Dogevoima

Glisp

Sorry for the bump but would it be possible for a radio station only version? I don't give a crap about the other stuff, I just want the radio working so I can play the game without it crashing every time I jack a car. I honestly don't even listen to SA's radio other than WCTR because the music sucks ass to me (opinion) I'd be happier removing all the tracks except user track player if it meant I could play the damn game.

I don't care about fixing GTA3.img I just want to leave it as is because I don't give a damn about the hot coffee or missing textures and animations.

Edited by Glisp

mirh

Pretty sure most of the mod size is in restoring audio tracks (because there's nothing to reuse in the available files).

Gta3.img changes on the other hand should be pretty "concentrated".