Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,086 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gamerzworld

San Andreas Downgrader

mirh

Awesome. Remember that install location should be possible to retrieve from

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 12120

Did you also downgrade anim.img, gta_int.img, gta3.img, main.scm, script.img?

Awesome! I couldn't have done it better!

But did you tried perhaps something lighter than patch maker, for example JojoDiff or xdelta3?

besides, the installer is somewhat broken with long "branched" paths when you are in the path selection screen..

EDIT: would you mind if I mirrored your downgrader on PCGW? Or just do it yourself

Edited by mirh

bobbyprince

Thank you for creating this tool, it's very valuable item for the community. But I have an question.

Why this downgrader is almost twice heavier than your 11/7>3.0 or 12.9>3.0 downgraders? I thought that 1.0, 1.01, 2.0 and 3.0 versions have differences only in main .exe since this downgrader doesn't touches other files besides main .exe. Could you please explain a bit?

mirh

Thank you for creating this tool, it's very valuable item for the community. But I have an question.

Why this downgrader is almost twice heavier than your 11/7>3.0 or 12.9>3.0 downgraders? I thought that 1.0, 1.01, 2.0 and 3.0 versions have differences only in main .exe since this downgrader doesn't touches other files besides main .exe. Could you please explain a bit?

Old downgraders (I haven't tried the old gamerzworld one though) just downgraded executable. This is quite straightforward to do.. though it's not complete.

After 1.0 version even anim.img, gta_int.img, gta3.img, main.scm, script.img changed (mainly hot coffee stuff was removed).

But without them we couldn't really claim to be 100% 1.0.

Besides remember that new steam version even has cut songs, that this has to restore

Edited by mirh

bobbyprince

Old downgraders (I haven't tried the old gamerzworld one though) just downgraded executable. This is quite straightforward to do.. though it's not complete.

After 1.0 version even anim.img, gta_int.img, gta3.img, main.scm, script.img changed (mainly hot coffee stuff was removed).

Besides remember that new steam version even has cut songs, that this has to restore

Thank you for good explanation. And one more question...The .exe downgrader I mentioned above generates .exe that doesn't requires disk in tray to play. I know, that makes sense, since it's designed for Steam version. But how it was achieved, if 1.0 and 1.01 were DVD only? Downgrader doesn't restores DVD check code for those .exe?

Silent

But anim.img is unused :(

mirh

Thank you for good explanation. And one more question...The .exe downgrader I mentioned above generates .exe that doesn't requires disk in tray to play. I know, that makes sense, since it's designed for Steam version. But how it was achieved, if 1.0 and 1.01 were DVD only? Downgrader doesn't restores DVD check code for those .exe?

In fairness, the resulting executable is HOODLUM cracked exe, otherwise you are right there would be no way for steam users to play otherwise

But anim.img is unused :(

What do you mean?

gamerzworld

But did you tried perhaps something lighter than patch maker, for example JojoDiff or xdelta3?

besides, the installer is somewhat broken with long "branched" paths when you are in the path selection screen..

EDIT: would you mind if I mirrored your downgrader on PCGW? Or just do it yourself

Couldn't get PatchMaker to see the path from the registry. The other file diff programs probably would be a bit lighter with file size, however I held off using them for a few different reasons. Main reason being PatchMaker is simpler solution for both creating and deploying. The resulting installer can gracefully handle issues that arise - not to mention PatchMaker allows for targeting multiple versions of the game with just a few clicks. Part of the goal was to get it out as fast as possible while making it something dead simple for people to use with minimal fuss. There was another downgrader available for NewSteam r1 that was based on either JDIFF or xdelta that people complained they didn't know how to use it/resulted in a non-working game. When I get some time I might look into using another solution.

Silent

What do you mean?

The game doesn't use it. All these anims are in gta3.img anyway.

mirh

Couldn't get PatchMaker to see the path from the registry. The other file diff programs probably would be a bit lighter with file size, however I held off using them for a few different reasons. Main reason being PatchMaker is simpler solution for both creating and deploying. The resulting installer can gracefully handle issues that arise - not to mention PatchMaker allows for targeting multiple versions of the game with just a few clicks. Part of the goal was to get it out as fast as possible while making it something dead simple for people to use with minimal fuss. There was another downgrader available for NewSteam r1 that was based on either JDIFF or xdelta that people complained they didn't know how to use it/resulted in a non-working game. When I get some time I might look into using another solution.

Well, indeed is one of the most easy to use tool I have ever seen. There could hardly be somebody so noob to be able to screw it.

Besides, I was concerned about it because it's a big executable, and most AV software scan it entirely before allowing the OS to open it. This can even take minutes.

Another thing that arose from my own testings is that diff patches didn't compress very well (and were almost as big as original files btw).. Every utility gave more or less file of equal size... But (depending on parameters used) patching that only required some seconds.

Now, it's not like I had to wait more than 5 minutes to have everything fixed by your downgrader, though the ideal situation should be that where HDD is the bottleneck. But 99% of times CPU was (especially with something as big as gta3.img)

So even this may be a reason to try other ways (but just to be finicky and tend to perfection)

And check your mailbox, I sent you oldsteam german exe

Edited by mirh

bobbyprince

Only English and Spanish will appear as language options. You can replace the "english.gxt" with the GXT for your language. A future update to SilentPatch might also unlock the language options.

Usage of 1.0 .exe generated by this tool eliminates the problem. It's fixed version of hoodlum, while this downgrader generates unfixed. I did a comparsion of checksums, and fixed's .exe readme contains this string:

Fix info:

With this new executable, all the foreign languages present on the DVD we released will be enabled.

Edited by bobbyprince

NTAuthority

probably causes EU renderware locations and is therefore less compatible with third-party addons

Edited by NTAuthority

Chorizombie

What's the difference with downgrading through this or using Silents downgrader? Does this downgrader reverts the deleted songs aswell? What if I only copy pasted a Hoodlum gtasa.exe over the vanilla one from steam latest patch?

NTAuthority

What if I only copy pasted a Hoodlum gtasa.exe over the vanilla one from steam latest patch?

you'd get crashes due to missing radio

shockingburst

hello guys i start game but nothing happen after downgraded please help me :cry:

mirh

hello guys i start game but nothing happen after downgraded please help me :cry:

Remove gta_sa.set from documents/gta sa user files/ folder

shockingburst

it has a same result

Edited by shockingburst

mirh

it has a same result

Do you get anything? Black screen? Icon opened in the taskbar?

Any mod installed? Had you touched game files before downgrading?

shockingburst

it has a same result

before downgraded it works properly but after downgrade when i start gta_sa.exe or gta-sa.exe nothing happened but icon gta_sa.exe on task manager and disappear at a short time

Edited by shockingburst

keanan26

i get unknown version

mirh

it has a same result

before downgraded it works properly but after downgrade when i start gta_sa.exe or gta-sa.exe nothing happened but icon gta_sa.exe on task manager and disappear at a short time

Delete gta_sa.set in savegames folder

i get unknown version

Are you using latest steam version? Check game local file cache

IG_

The downgrader worked fine but I still wasn't able to convert my save.
I tried converting my San Andreas save file with that tool but to no avail.

I don't think the online converter worked... so I tried downloading the converter and I couldn't even get the program to run.

mirh

The downgrader worked fine but I still wasn't able to convert my save.

I tried converting my San Andreas save file with that tool but to no avail.

I don't think the online converter worked... so I tried downloading the converter and I couldn't even get the program to run.

The offline program was compiled against 16 bit windows (don't know why). You had better to use it under windows 32 bit or dosbox

Silent

The offline program was compiled against 16 bit windows (don't know why). You had better to use it under windows 32 bit or dosbox

WHAT?

Oh the good mid-90s.

mirh

WHAT?

Oh the good mid-90s.

I once asked hmvartak and he told me that "the program was written for Turbo c++ compiler" and that "he can't compile on other 32 bit compilers".

barumlia

I've downgraded the game, but l can't set the resolution to 1080p.

with the original steam patch I could set it to 1080p.

can any body help please.

thank you.

mirh

I've downgraded the game, but l can't set the resolution to 1080p.

with the original steam patch I could set it to 1080p.

can any body help please.

thank you.

Because you need widescreen fix

checock
Saved games from Steam copies won't work. You'll need to either convert them using this tool or use a Steam SCM and SilentPatch.

First, many thanks for doing this. Now I can play San Andreas as I should.

On the other hand, the link of the tool to convert the save game to 1.0 it's dead, anyone here have a backup? Or can anyone point me how to use the Steam SCM and SilentPatch? I don't know what a SCM is.

PhillBellic

Even thought I have an original V1.0 DVD copy of the game, this will be of great use to those who don't have such a copy. Good work there. :)

kiwidesign

Hello there guys! I searched around the webz and in the forum but I'm at a loss...

I'm "rocking" the Steam version of San Andreas for mac. For those living under a rock it's a Cider port of the Windows game, meaning it has the full windows game inside a folder in the mac application. This means the game can usually be modded like the windows counterpart without great trouble...

I'm not even interested in modding anymore, but I just bought the game and I discovered I can't use my old savegames from a few years ago.

I know I could just convert the savegames, but I would rather have the game moddable again, just in case I happen to want to install some of my old mods :)

I found mentions of earlier versions of the Steam mac game being downgradable, but there seem to be a problem with the latest update (which I thought was the same r2 pushed to windows users):

when I try to use gamerzworld's downgrader (running it in a virtual machine of course) pointing it to the windows game folder inside the mac app, it says "unknown version" and doesn't let me proceed...

is there any indication anywhere to which version of the executable am I using?

in the unfortunate (and likely) case that the mac version "gta_sa.exe" is not the same as the Windows Steam r2 one, is there anything I can do to trick the downgrader into working with what I've got?
would perhaps providing my .exe make it possible to enable the downgrader for this version too?

thanks a lot,

K.